Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,537 members, 7,923,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 04:19 PM

The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state - Culture (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state (40378 Views)

Oldest History Books Say Yoruba Not Benin Founded Lagos / Why Is The Yoruba Not United In Business & Politics / How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 10:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
babtoundey:

If one will believe a lie, it will be a plausible lie and it will not be the one told by the one who said his ancestors were conquered by and subservient to Nupe/Igala and now Birnin-Kebbi.

"Ondo came from Ife yet Ondo is far older than Ife" saying this enough stupidity. One will one now think of believing it

Hahaha! Stopeeeeet! grin grin grin
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by babtoundey(m): 10:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
gregyboy:

See mumu bunch of confused fellow that even the nupe you're making gest of raped and bleeped your ancestors

Yea they are proven connections between benin, nupe, igala before fulanization took over, they were wars btw benin and igala the nupe art techniques is similar with that of the benins art and not ife
We found the cross ryder mentioned on nupe antiquities

Yes egharevba wote on benin igala-nupe migration i guess it was silent because of the presence of islam in those areas
Although decades had gone by the silencing it, we the new generation got a hold of it again
Because the truth cant always be hidden
I would swallow my pride and say we were original nupenians than live in denial that we migrated from ife

If you can prove to me benin came from ife i will leave this thread

Bit if you cant you are a fool, a big fool for that

If you mention me without giving me proves you will call for more insult

You mentioned yorubas had thesame cultural practices and similar language but what is similar between benin and yoruba you keep attaching us to

Go and tell the original history of Oduduwa and leave benin alone we are out of western region and we are not playing the politics again

A four-letter word is what you are, sir. FOOL. Privileged fool. because there were instances of recorded war between Igala, Nupe and Benin, then Benin must have come originated from either of them .Tell us, which of the two conquered you, foist on you Oranmiyan, Eweka, Oba, iyaaba, Ogun, ailala Olokun and co? Nupe or Igala?

3 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by AreaFada2: 11:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
babtoundey:

A four-letter word is what you are, sir. FOOL. Privileged fool. because there were instances of recorded war between Igala, Nupe and Benin, then Benin must have come originated from either of them .Tell us, which of the two conquered you, foist on you Oranmiyan, Eweka, Oba, iyaaba, Ogun, ailala Olokun and co? Nupe or Igala?

So all that education and sophistication you guys speak of is just the art of foul language and insult? How uncouth.

Which war did anyone win to foist Oranmiyan on Benin? After winning a war against Benin, Oranmiyan still could not enter Benin City but resided in a village (Egor) outside Benin throughout? And it took three Obas later to get into center of Benin to erect the current palace?

If you say you are educated, let it at least show in your manners.

How can Benin originate from Nupe or Igala? On what cultural, royal tradition, philological or historical basis? Do you know that relationship between peoples are studied by experts? That for example The Fins are closely related to Hungarians and not their Nordic neighbours like the Danes and Swedes?

Tribal hubris doesn't make anyone look smart these days. Knowledge is out there for those who truly seek it. Yes, it takes decades to do but worth it.

It's one thing to be foul-mouthed on a anonymous forum. Making sense is another.

1 Like

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 11:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
babtoundey:

Nigga are you aware we came in contact with other yorubas, ooh i get it must be ife

Seriously how do you even ascertain those worship there are not indigenous to benins and that yorubas did the borrowing

Imagine owo prince used to come to oba palace to prepare for kingship

Nigga stop quoting those gods like they are yorubas untill you can prove them to me

British conquered nigeria and they introduced thier religion, benin conquered yorubas and they introduced thier religion

Guy keep finding the relationship between benin and ife

I will advice you to stop living in the past were oral accounts were manipulated for gains many historians both in the past and present discredit benin and ife relationship

If you need an article different from ryder tell me
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by babtoundey(m): 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

So all that education and sophistication you guys speak of is just the art of foul language and insult? How uncouth.

Which war did anyone win to foist Oranmiyan on Benin? After winning a war against Benin, Oranmiyan still could not enter Benin City but resided in a village (Egor) outside Benin throughout? And it took three Obas later to get into center of Benin to erect the current palace?

How can Benin originate from Nupe or Igala? On what cultural, royal tradition, philological or historical basis? Do you know that relationship between peoples are studied by experts? That for example The Fins are closely related to Hungarians and not their Nordic neighbours like the Danes and Swedes?

Tribal hubris doesn't make anyone look smart these days. Knowledge is out there for those who truly seek it. Yes, it takes decades to do but worth it.

It's one thing to be foul-mouthed on a anonymous forum. Making sense is another.

So there was Oranmiyan? Your Benin brother said there was never Oranmiyan in Benin history. Your account that he made it to a village in Benin contradicts his.

"How can Benin originate from Nupe or Igala? On what cultural, royal tradition, philological or historical basis? Do you know that relationship between peoples are studied by experts?"

I didn't say Benin Originate from Igala/Nupe, your brother said so. I was even questioning the claim. If you want clarification on how Benin came from Igala/Nupe, ask your brother. I'm sure he will be bold enough to educate you on that.

It is funny and ludicrous you noticed I used uncouth words for this first time and took it to heart. But you have been indifferent each time your brother uses opprobrious words.

6 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 10:05pm On Apr 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

You have to prove to us that there was oromiyan

1 Like

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 10:08pm On Apr 14, 2020
babtoundey:

So there was Oranmiyan? Your Benin brother said there was never Oranmiyan in Benin history. Your account that he made it to a village in Benin contradicts his.

"How can Benin originate from Nupe or Igala? On what cultural, royal tradition, philological or historical basis? Do you know that relationship between peoples are studied by experts?"

I didn't say Benin Originate from Igala/Nupe, your brother said so. I was even questioning the claim. If you want clarification on how Benin came from Igala/Nupe, ask your brother. I'm sure he will be bold enough to educate you on that.

It is funny and ludicrous you noticed I used uncouth words for this first time and took it to heart. But you have been indifferent each time your brother uses opprobrious words.

We are waiting for the said benin guy for his reply

Unlike the yorubas who are tribalistic we benins are not if our brothers matches the line we will tell him bluntly

Since you guys cant defend benin-ife lets see our edo brother do it
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by AreaFada2: 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2020
gregyboy:

Oba Ewuare at his coronation in 2016 recognised Omonoyan/Oramiyan as the first Oba of the current dynasty. Previously because he wasn't really widely accepted as the King and because he left after some years, he wasn't considered the real founder of the dynasty but his son Eweka I who was born and bred in Benin land and only left the throne upon his demise.

I am not going to disagree with what the Oba has decreed.

Current Oba is a very thorough technocrat by training and prepared for the throne since birth.

Historically the belief is that Oramiyan left Benin to found Oyo Kingdom. That for a long time made the Oba of Benin consider the Alaafin as a brother. Disagreements between both were quite rare. Though of course rivalry existed especially later as Oyo expanded to become an empire.

1 Like

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by babtoundey(m): 10:33pm On Apr 14, 2020
gregyboy:

Unlike the yorubas who are tribalistic we benins are not if our brothers matches the line we will tell him bluntly

So you too are waiting for the response of the guy that said the Benin came from Nupe/Igala... Then we all must be waiting for Godot

2 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 10:54pm On Apr 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

Oba Ewuare at his coronation in 2016 recognised Omonoyan/Oramiyan as the first Oba of the current dynasty. Previously because he wasn't really widely accepted as the King and because he left after some years, he wasn't considered the real founder of the dynasty but his his son Weeks I who was born and bred in Benin land and only left the throne when upon his demise.
I am not going to disagree with what the Oba has decreed.

Current Oba is a very thorough technocrat by training and prepared for the throne since birth.

Historically the belief is that Oramiyan left Benin to found Oyo Kingdom. That for a long time made the Oba of Benin consider the Alaafin as a brother. Disagreements between both were quite rare. Though of course rivalry existed especially later as Oyo expanded to become an empire.

Lol, you still living in tales

Those were lies coined politically by the oba of benin and the alafin of oyo to dethrone the ooni they were eyeing the positions of chairman in the console of traditional rulers in the old western region

Yes our oba indulged in such degradation this is the raw truth ekaladeran story had no relationship with oromiyan or any yorubas at all
Egharevba was the one that rewrote the fairytale for oba,

Guy go and follow the other thread fron beginning to the end likewise this one toi

All the explanations will be at your feet

But also read this

Reconsideration of benin-ife relationships

Benin archeology

Ife archeology

Nupe-owo art

Read the ife, igala, nupe and benin artwork
THE MILITARY SYSTEM OF BENIN KINGDOM,
c.1440 - 1897
THESIS
in the Department of Philosophy and History submitted in partial fulfilment of
the requirements for the award of the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy of the
University of Hamburg, Germany
By
OSARHIEME BENSON OSADOLOR, M. A.
from
Benin City, Nigeria
Hamburg, 23 July, 2001

After reading all this you can later come and edit what you type

You are also free to calk our oba a liar

And stop listening to what the oba says and what egharevba wrote, egharevba published 33 books on benin history and all of them were saying different things

And yes even egharevba wrote about the mass migration from igala nupe areas to benin in tracing benin origin, did you forget thess nupenians and igalas used to be traditionalist before the advent of islam

Guy just go and read books

Biko

1 Like

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 10:58pm On Apr 14, 2020
babtoundey:

So you too are waiting for the response of the guy that said the Benin came from Nupe/Igala... Then we all must be waiting for Godot

I was the one who said it, am literally telling areafada to defend agsinst my claim so i told him i was waiting for his defense agsinst my claims
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by babtoundey(m): 11:07pm On Apr 14, 2020
gregyboy:

I was the one who said it, am literally telling areafada to defend agsinst my claim so i told him i was waiting for his defense agsinst my claims

Alright. I wish both of you the very best of lucks.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Fide92: 2:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
You suck nigga
Mraphel:
These above questions comes to my mind about Edo state.

The Yorubas people are also native to Edo state like Esan, Afamai, Etc but why are edo people not giving Yoruba their deserved recognition in Edo state as a tribe in Edo state.

1. Many towns closed to Ore speaks the Yoruba language

2. Many towns in Akoko edo are yoruba migrants that settled in Edo state.

3. Many Yoruba kingship titles and chief titles in Edo state.

4. Many yoruba religions in Edo eg Ogun , Sango Oronmila, Ifa, Olokun , aiyelala etc

5. First oba of Bini (Yoruba) grandson of Oduduwa.

6. First onibilo of ibilo is Yoruba among others in Edo state

7. Many Edos bears Yoruba surnames

Then why are Edo people trying to put Yoruba at disadvantage in their Edo-state at all cost? These Edo yorubas are now afraid to bear Yoruba names because they will face discrimination of Jobs, tribe that will come with it...while the Edo people in Yoruba lands are not discriminated upon at all.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Daum: 8:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
Greybog and AreaFada are two Edo's who I like because they are always here defending our history as a people. I know one thing for sure, we will never know everything, even till date people still doubt if Jesus even really walked this earth.

As for Oronmiyan being the first Oba, I think he was crowned king even though he never sat on the throne, it is on this premise that the Present Oba made such declaration.

We can't say Oronmiyan never existed in Benin history, one thing the Edo's do since they had no writing skills then, they preserved history through art and immortalizing person or things.

The first moats dug around the city I think should be around siluko road. The siluko axis down to Udo have been a very old part of Benin.
That's the axis where you have the Oliha palace, that the axis you have the Usama palace. The whole Uzama quarters is in that axis. Along that axis you have a place called Oronmiyan quarters. Down that axis you have Useh where Eweka played that game and got his name. Along that axis you have Egor village and down that axis you have Udo. So all these places are there for us to see.

Am learning from you both sha.

Oba GHA to kpere
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 8:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
Daum:
Greybog and AreaFada are two Edo's who I like because they are always here defending our history as a people. I know one thing for sure, we will never know everything, even till date people still doubt if Jesus even really walked this earth.

As for Oronmiyan being the first Oba, I think he was crowned king even though he never sat on the throne, it is on this premise that the Present Oba made such declaration.

We can't say Oronmiyan never existed in Benin history, one thing the Edo's do since they had no writing skills then, they preserved history through art and immortalizing person or things.

The first moats dug around the city I think should be around siluko road. The siluko axis down to Udo have been a very old part of Benin.
That's the axis where you have the Oliha palace, that the axis you have the Usama palace. The whole Uzama quarters is in that axis. Along that axis you have a place called Oronmiyan quarters. Down that axis you have Useh where Eweka played that game and got his name. Along that axis you have Egor village and down that axis you have Udo. So all these places are there for us to see.

Am learning from you both sha.

Oba GHA to kpere

https://www.nairaland.com/5761595/benin-kingdom-edo-state-remained

Follow this thread from beginning to the end so many information on this thread.....
After reading the thread you beging doing your personal research

I use to tell the stories of oromiyan in benin not anymore when i know the truth....

If your are patient enough to go through thie thread you will get why am attacking areafada

On benin - ife relationship

https://www.jstor.org/journal/historyafrica

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by googi: 3:10am On Apr 17, 2020
The early written records that mentionss Ife was during the early fourteenth century High Florescence Era when the well-known adventurer, historian and travelor[b] Ibn Battûta(1325–1354) them in his travelogue. Here we read (1958:409–10) that southwest of the Mâlli (Mali) kingdom lies a country called Yoûfi [Ife?] that is one of the “most considerable countries of the Soudan [governed by a] …souverain [who] is one of the[b] greatest kings.”[/b] Battûta’s description[/b] of Yoûfi as a country that “No white man can enter … because the negros will kill him before he arrives” appears to reference the ritual primacy long associated with Ife, in keeping with its important manufacturing and mercantile interests, among these advanced technologies of glass bead manufacturing, iron smelting and forging, and textile-production. Blue-green segi beads from Ife have been found as far west as Mali, Mauritania, and modern Ghana, suggesting that Battuta may well have learned of this center in the course of his travels in
https://kwekudee-tripdownmemorylane..com/2014/09/ife-people-ancient-artistic-highly_14.html?m=1

4 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO12: 4:39am On Apr 17, 2020
googi:
The early written records that mentionss Ife was during the early fourteenth century High Florescence Era when the well-known adventurer, historian and travelor[b] Ibn Battûta(1325–1354) them in his travelogue. Here we read (1958:409–10) that southwest of the Mâlli (Mali) kingdom lies a country called Yoûfi [Ife?] that is one of the “most considerable countries of the Soudan [governed by a] …souverain [who] is one of the[b] greatest kings.”[/b] Battûta’s description[/b] of Yoûfi as a country that “No white man can enter … because the negros will kill him before he arrives” appears to reference the ritual primacy long associated with Ife, in keeping with its important manufacturing and mercantile interests, among these advanced technologies of glass bead manufacturing, iron smelting and forging, and textile-production. Blue-green segi beads from Ife have been found as far west as Mali, Mauritania, and modern Ghana, suggesting that Battuta may well have learned of this center in the course of his travels in
https://kwekudee-tripdownmemorylane..com/2014/09/ife-people-ancient-artistic-highly_14.html?m=1

Thank you for this comment.

The fraudulent gregyboy has tried this "Nupe" misidentification of "Yufi" with me on another thread where I made him regret it by give him thorough flogging which made him run away quiet as usual.

See the link to the reply here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5761595/benin-kingdom-edo-state-remained/36#88487170

Thornton(1988) himself which he relies on for his bigoted identification of "Yufi" as "Nupe" only alludes to it cursorily. It wasn't like that was specifically what the paper was out to identify and address.

Moreover, "Thornton specializes in West-Central African history (i.e. the Kongo-Angola polities) and their diasporas, and Nigerian history is a bit of a side-step from his main areas of focus." This is where is comparative strenght and interest lies --- that is, Central African military history.

I have given him a classic work whose primary focus is on the identification of Ibn Battuta's "Yufi". He ran away quietly after finding out the truth, only to escape down here to continue peddling what he escaped from elsewhere. grin

The work I cited clearly alludes to the popular misidentification of Ibn Battuta's "Yufi" as "Nupe" before then proceeding to clarify that "Yufi" (in West Africa) as documented by Ibn Battuta in the 1300s, is no other place than "Ufe" aka "Ife".

gregyboy is only mad that his Ubinu, or Ubini, or Ibini didn't get noticed historically until a century later --- which is even by coincidence.

See attachment:

Reference:
J. E. G. Sutton: "Ibn Battuta's Yufi - Bronze and Gold in Mid-Iron-Age Africa", Transafrican Journal of History, Vol. 10, No. 1/2.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 8:03am On Apr 17, 2020
TAO12:

Thank you for this comment.

The fraudulent gregyboy has tried this "Nupe" misidentification of "Yufi" with me on another thread where I made him regret it by give him thorough flogging which made him run away quiet as usual.

See the link to the reply here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5761595/benin-kingdom-edo-state-remained/36#88487170

Thornton(1988) himself which he relies on for his bigoted identification of "Yufi" as "Nupe" only alludes to it cursorily. It wasn't like that was specifically what the paper was out to identify and address.

Moreover, "Thornton specializes in West-Central African history (i.e. the Kongo-Angola polities) and their diasporas, and Nigerian history is a bit of a side-step from his main areas of focus." This is where is comparative strenght and interest lies --- that is, Central African military history.

I have given him a classic work whose primary focus is on the identification of Ibn Battuta's "Yufi". He ran away quietly after finding out the truth, only to escape down here to continue peddling what he escaped from elsewhere. grin

The work I cited clearly alludes to the popular misidentification of Ibn Battuta's "Yufi" as "Nupe" before then proceeding to clarify that "Yufi" (in West Africa) as documented by Ibn Battuta in the 1300s, is no other place than "Ufe" aka "Ife".

gregyboy is only mad that his Ubinu, or Ubini, or Ibini didn't get noticed historically until a century later --- which is even by coincidence.

See attachment:

Reference:
J. E. G. Sutton: "Ibn Battuta's Yufi - Bronze and Gold in Mid-Iron-Age Africa", Transafrican Journal of History, Vol. 10, No. 1/2.

You have reading problems,

From the writeup i can see he is an ife historian, he was trying to bring the possiblism of ife into the pictures, but still emphasize more on nupe as
The greater possiblism

Yorubas you guys are too desperate its so annoying
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO12: 9:45am On Apr 17, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]You have reading problems,

From the writeup i can see he is an ife historian, he was trying to bring the possiblism of ife into the pictures, but still emphasize more on nupe as
The greater possiblism

Yorubas you guys are too desperate its so annoying[/s]

Shut up, you dyslexiac! grin grin A dyslexiac who lies, what a horrible combination.

That's the summary page of the article where he debunked your new found slave master --- "Nupe" --- while establishing that "Yufi" is "Ife".

Point out where it says "pOsSiBiLiSm", block head. grin May be you sbould begin to learn to read instead of siting all day asking for pictures.

I know you're about to ask for Ibn Battuta's picture and Sutton's picture to see iF yUfI iS tRuLy IfE. grin grin grin

And Sutton is not an Ife man! grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 10:26am On Apr 17, 2020
TAO12:

Shut up, you dyslexiac! grin grin A dyslexiac who lies, what a horrible combination.

That's the summary page of the article where he debunked your new found slave master --- "Nupe" --- while establishing that "Yufi" is "Ife".

Point out where it says "pOsSiBiLiSm", block head. grin May be you sbould begin to learn to read instead of siting all day asking for pictures.

I know you're about to ask for Ibn Battuta's picture and Sutton's picture to see iF yUfI iS tRuLy IfE. grin grin grin

And Sutton is not an Ife man! grin grin

Dump boy....

I never mentioned he said or wrote out the word possibilism you slowpoke....

I used possibilism or probabilsm to describe what he said

And nupe happen to have more probabilsm, ife just came up because he really couldnt help it because he is an ife historians
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO12: 10:44am On Apr 17, 2020
gregyboy:

Dump boy....

I never mentioned he said or wrote out the word possibilism you slowpoke....

I used possibilism or probabilsm to describe what he said

And nupe happen to have more probabilsm, ife just came up because he really couldnt help it because he is an ife historians

Dvmb dvmb

He completely debunked out your Nupe slavemaster outrightly.

And he establishes Ife.

Where does he express "pRoBaBiLiSm", you dummy? Quote it out.

And no, he is not from Ife. Academics and scholars don't reason from the anvs like you do. grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 11:57am On Apr 17, 2020
TAO12:

Dvmb dvmb

He completely debunked out your Nupe slavemaster outrightly.

And he establishes Ife.

Where does he express "pRoBaBiLiSm", you dummy? Quote it out.

And no, he is not from Ife. Academics and scholars don't reason from the anvs like you do. grin grin

Mumuboy nor go read, i never said he was an ife person i said he could be an ife historian

Yufi =nufe
Yufi=ufe

Ife only came into the picture through the world y ufi, geographically nupe is closer to mali and the prospered through trade with arab merchants,

We know ife never had any military or economic prospects or or had any contact with mali, bringing ife into the picture by scholars is purely ignorance all fact still bends to nupe

But what concerns me,

The battle should be between yorubas and nupe people
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Mumuboy nor go read, i never said he was an ife person i said he could be an ife historian

Yufi =nufe
Yufi=ufe

Ife only came into the picture through the world y ufi, geographically nupe is closer to mali and the prospered through trade with arab merchants,

We know ife never had any military or economic prospects or or had any contact with mali, bringing ife into the picture by scholars is purely ignorance all fact still bends to nupe

But what concerns me,

The battle should be between yorubas and nupe people[/s]

Quote it out (where the author said or implied "pRoBaBiLiSm" cheesy) was the simple request.

Rather, you went on a ranting spree with a large ocean of tears. grin

Anyways, your "Nupe" identification for Ibn Battuta's "Yufi" has been debunked and trashed.

While the "Ife" identification for Ibn Battuta's "Yufi" have been upheld.

Thank God scholars don't make conclusions from their anus as you obviously do from your comment here and your other comments.

kiss
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 3:56pm On Apr 17, 2020
TAO11:

Quote it out (where the author said or implied "pRoBaBiLiSm" cheesy) was the simple request.

Rather, you went on a ranting spree with a large ocean of tears. grin

Anyways, your "Nupe" identification for Ibn Battuta's "Yufi" has been debunked and trashed.

While the "Ife" identification for Ibn Battuta's "Yufi" have been upheld.

Thank God scholars don't make conclusions from their anus as you obviously do from your comment here and your other comments.

kiss

The name yufi =ufi, is what makes ife considered by authors all other element support nupe

Is painful the nupenians are not here to argue for themselves, yorubas are here stealing thier history

1 Like

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]The name yufi =ufi, is what makes ife considered by authors all other element support nupe

Is painful the nupenians are not here to argue for themselves, yorubas are here stealing thier history[/s]

Scholars won't just do some kindagerton sh!t like you did above to come to the conclusion that Yufi is Ife.

They won't write several pages of articles and tons of publications simply repeatedly writting yufi = ufi.

No they don't think with their anvs like you.

The scholarly article debunks your newly found slave-master land, "Nupe", as the referent of "Yufi", while affirming "Ife".

I advice that you read the article. Oh, my bad --- you can't read. I forgot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by googi: 6:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
This Gregyboy is not only ignorant, he basks in fooling himself. This could have been intellectual dishonesty but that will be faltering him.

I do understand though, why he has to be engaged, they got away with this dishonesty for too long. We thought no serious scholar or pupil would believe them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 7:07pm On Apr 17, 2020
googi:
This Gregyboy is not only ignorant, he basks in fooling himself. This could have been intellectual dishonesty but that will be faltering him.

I do understand though, why he has to be engaged, they got away with this dishonesty for too long. We thought no serious scholar or pupil would believe them.

Exactly! They got so comfortable with lying and distorting, and they thought they will get away with it again as usual.

So now they can't believe their minds that there is no way out of this. They bring forward lies upon lies. Passing off their imaginations and guesses as though they are facts., etc.

I am glad that they got confused to the point of been stuck between their latest Nairaland revision of "no connection" on one hand; and their pseudohistorical-1970-"Izoduwa-connection" on another hand. cheesy grin

Very satisfying!

The fact is getting popular as my friends from around the globe are testifying to seeing these exchanges among top internet related search results.

And I'm certain they can also notice the side that have repeatedly failed to substantiate their position.

I am bent on exposing them to the whole world. No going back! grin

Thanks for your contribution and steadfastness as well.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by babtoundey(m): 10:45pm On Apr 17, 2020
TAO11:

Exactly! They got so comfortable with lying and distorting because they thought they will get away with it again as usual.

So now they can't believe their minds that there is no way out of this. They bring forward lies upon lies. Passing off their imaginations and guesses as though they are facts., etc.

I am glad that they got confused to the point of been stuck between their latest Nairaland revision of "no connection" on one hand; and their pseudohistorical-1970-"Izoduwa-connection" on another hand. cheesy grin

Very satisfying!

The fact is getting popular as my friends from around the globe are testifying to seeing these exchanges among top internet related search results.

And I'm certain they can also notice the side that have repeatedly failed to substantiate their position.

I am bent on exposing them to the whole world. No going back! grin

Thanks for your contribution and steadfastness as well.

They are exposed already. One will find it hard to believe that the same gregboy that is today shouting "no connection" believed otherwise just one or two months a go. How someone can be bold enough, to turn history and facts into Nollywood film in the making that can always be altered to suit the taste of the director, audience and producer is unimaginable.

His findings tell him there was no connection between Benin and Ife yet it failed to tell him where Eweka came from and how he got the alien system they are proud of today. Even if you must ditch a lie, you must be very certain you have arrived at the truth that cannot be refuted so that you won't have to give the untenable excuse like "we are still making research" or "we are still in the process of working out where we came from".

I won't be surprised if tomorrow he comes up with another joke which of course he will tag truth and facts.

TAO11, You've done very well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
gregyboy:

The grand parents were benins
The oba had appiint them to rule the anioma people obaseki had left anioma areas back to edo because life wasnt easy for him there
Gregyboy, you need to contrôle yourself.
Obaseki is originally an Anioma family.
Closed.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
AreaFada2:

Story. That is Obaseki family story. Twisted possibly by chief Obaseki to persuade the British if they could make him Oba when Oba Ovonramwen was in Calabar. Claiming his ancestor was once a Benin Prince sent to rule in Anioma. Read about Obaseki's ancestor Ogbeide Oyoo and Oba Adolor.

We know the current Obas, Obis and others who were Benin Princes in Benin history. Like Eleko/Oba of Eko/Lagos, Ogiamie Olu of Warri, etc.

But Obaski's ancestors are unknown in Benin before Oba Adolor brought them from Anioma about 1848. If we know Benin Princes from 1480s and 1500s, why won't we know his " alleged princely ancestors"? If at all they were Benin, they weren't rulers anywhere. Otherwise Oba Adolor would have restored him to that Anioma throne. Because the family claim they were cheated out of that Anioma throne. Such rulers must be sent a native chalk confirming their vassal position by a every Oba of Benin. In 1818, Deji Arakale of Akure refused that chalk. He even murdered Osague, the Oba's emissary.

On Benin soldiers' advancement to Akure he fled to the Ewi of Ado-Ekiti but the Ewi promptly sent him away. All the rulers he ran to refused him. Eventually one of such rulers at Uhen instead of helping him, delivered him to the head of Benin army chief Ezomo. The Deji was promptly beheaded for his rebellion.

The man Oba Ovonramwen gave the newly created Obaseki chieftaincy title in 1888/1889 was his childhood friend. The father of this childhood friend was son of an Anioma immigrant called Osifo Oyoo, who Oba Adolor met in quasi Anioma exile while still strategizing to get his throne.

This Anioma friend followed him to Benin when he became Oba. His friend became an Omada. One of those young men who stand by the Oba bearing a sceptre called Ada.

Recognised Benin Princes do not do sceptre bearer. That first rubbishes the idea that they were known Princes appointed to rule anywhere in the empire previously.

Like any hustling immigrant Oyoo was strategizing to rise through the ranks and certainly had ambitions for his children. Making his son close to the future king was one sure way out. He made it as his son became the first Obaseki of Benin.

I am an Obaseki.
My family great grand father Chief Agho Obaseki is Anioma. Anioma are Edo people.
The mistake many Nigerians keep making is that you confuse your current ethnic decided with what was is the precolonial era.
You guys should understand that Benin Kingdom was a large country with Benin city as it's capital just like London is the capital of England !
Would you consider the people of London to be an individual "tribe" of England ?
No, the people of London are part of the people of England ! Many of them have ancestry spread all across England because the capital attracts people from all over the country. That is a common thing !
So there is a need to think deeply and stop confusing what we have today with what the situation was in the passed.

P.S: Why don't you guys ever use precolonial maps in your speech ?

On the following website, you will have several precolonial maps.

https://www.raremaps.com/gallery/detail/64869/africae-tabula-nova-ortelius

Use documents written by eyewitnesses rather than story story.
You are a smart guy but, I keep wondering why you can't give up the oduduwa myth, the ogiso myth and the oranmiyan myth.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
gregyboy:

There was no oranmiyan, Areafada is a smart guy, but I don't know why he keeps on believing in the existence of oranmiyan or oduduwa.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
gregyboy:

Gregyboy, you are not the right person to tell anybody anything "bluntly". But since you insist on telling things bluntly to your brother.
Let me tell you things bluntly: you are not very smart and many times what you say are an embarrassment to Edo.

Although you are right when you say there was never an oduduwa nor an oranmiyan, there was also never an ogiso.

You need to consult with others like Samuk and Davidnazee before some of your comments. They are smarter than you and on the same team as you !
That is me saying things bluntly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Fire Guts Ooni Of Ife Palace Courtyard Burnt Down To Ashes(photos,Video) / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.