Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,703 members, 7,918,183 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 02:40 AM

Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? (1064 Views)

Among These Four Old Women, Who Has The Real Swag?(photo) / Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? / Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Strica(f): 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
I have a question for men, particularly married men (the longer you've been married, the better). Single men can answer too. It would be nice to know what y'all are thinking.
Here it goes:
Can a man fall in love, marry and stay married to a woman whose abilities in the kitchen department falls below average?

1 Like

Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by ComputerOperato: 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
Anything is possible.

3 Likes

Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Uyi168: 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2020
I'll speak for myself;NO..

4 Likes

Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by YourCoffin: 4:11pm On Mar 01, 2020
Since I don't know how to cook, no

2 Likes

Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by faithfull18(f): 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
Yes, If he doesn't like food that much or if he can cook well.

7 Likes

Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
Many would tell you NO, to come across as woke, but some men appreciate women able to distinguish themselves in that department.

Had an ex that wanted to kill me with oil, once mixed old fried pepper with freshly blended pepper.

One of the reasons why she an ex. Don’t get it twisted, I can afford to eat out all year, but I still like how Dinachi’s food tastes.

1 Like

Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by CAPSLOCKED: 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2020
Uyi168:

IF SHE'S REASONABLE SHE CAN LEARN THOUGH. THERE'S NOTHING BAD IN NOT KNOWING HOW TO COOK, AND ANYBODY CAN LEARN TO COOK.

A BAD COOK WITH GREAT ATTITUDE WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN A GOOD COOK WITH A DEVIL'S MIND.

16 Likes

Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Strica(f): 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
Uyi168:
even if she has a great personality and you really enjoy her company? BTW, are you married?
Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Strica(f): 4:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
YourCoffin:
Since I don't know how to cook, no
what if you're able to employ a cook?
Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Strica(f): 4:32pm On Mar 01, 2020
ComputerOperato:
Anything is possible.
i know that. I didnt ask if it's possible, what i want to know is: can you?
Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Strica(f): 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2020
faithfull18:
Yes, I'd he doesn't like food that much or if he can cook well.
you're speaking as a woman or from experience (yours or someone's)?
Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Strica(f): 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2020
Fiyinfoluwa20:
Many would tell you NO, to come across as woke, but some men appreciate women able to distinguish themselves in that department.

Had an ex that wanted to kill me with oil, once mixed old fried pepper with freshly non-blended pepper.

One of the reasons why she an ex. Don’t get it twisted, I can afford to eat out all year, but I still like how Dinachi’s food tastes.
lol. I'm guessing Dinachi is your wife? Your 'culinarily-capable' wife.

1 Like

Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Strica(f): 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL. IF SHE'S REASONABLE SHE CAN LEARN THOUGH.
A BAD COOK WITH GREAT ATTITUDE WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN A GOOD COOK WITH A DEVIL'S MIND.
as in ehn... But it seems most men would rather have a wife who can cook_ even if she's a she-devil or doesn't meet their standard in other areas.

1 Like

Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Emperor4tune(m): 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2020
not just a girl who can cook but a girl who takes cooking as part of her life & hobbies,i dont play with good food prepared right from my kitchen,overall family health lies on good delecasy so no to a girl who cant cook,am not ready to eat junks from dirty restaurant & bar,not me not my kids
Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Uyi168: 4:56pm On Mar 01, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

IF SHE'S REASONABLE SHE CAN LEARN THOUGH. THERE'S NOTHING BAD IN NOT KNOWING HOW TO COOK, AND ANYBODY CAN LEARN TO COOK.

I understand..
Just that I too like food... grin
Cooking will be one of the things that'll make me fall in love in the first place ...

2 Likes

Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Uyi168: 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
Strica:

even if she has a great personality and you really enjoy her company?
BTW, are you married?
I can get one that has a great personality and the same time ,cook..

1 Like

Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by MYSTIC19(m): 4:59pm On Mar 01, 2020
Well it depends... If she ready and willing to learn.., i ll teach her nd mary her!
Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Strica(f): 5:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
Uyi168:
I can get one that has a great personality and the same time ,cook..
okay, i hear you. Interestingly enough such women plenty. I hope it goes as you've planned.
Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Uyi168: 5:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
Strica:

okay, i hear you. Interestingly enough such women plenty. I hope it goes as you've planned.
Sure ...
Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by dumra: 5:44pm On Mar 01, 2020
some men born with 'golden spoon' believe that cooking isnt a priority in the home
Take a case of a man that grew up in a house where they had aunties, uncles, housemaid....
Such will also marry & employ maids.
I have discussed with such.

In a place like lagos, where u have contracting organizations for food, or even professional cook services.... Nothing is impossible.

2 Likes

Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 5:48pm On Mar 01, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

The topic is not about attitude.
It is a simple question that requires a straightforward answer.
Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by olabrinks(f): 5:49pm On Mar 01, 2020
when I met my spouse I knew how to cook but I wasn’t like a 10/10. I think I was below average lol. My husband was a better cook than me, sometimes I would get embarrassed because his food was much better than mine. But he looked past all of that and he taught me how to make meals to his standard. It took some time, but now I’m a better cook than him and I cook for everyone. Mind you, hubby is a very very good chef. It’s not really a big deal, there’s more to marriage than food please and it’s so easy to learn. If you meet a girl with good character do not discard her because of egusi soup.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 01, 2020
Strica:
I have a question for men, particularly married men (the longer you've been married, the better). Single men can answer too. It would be nice to know what y'all are thinking.
Here it goes:
Can a man fall in love, marry and stay married to a woman whose abilities in the kitchen department falls below average?

Yes, absolutely. If she is willing to learn how to cook, we are good to go.
Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by faithfull18(f): 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
Strica:

you're speaking as a woman or from experience (yours or someone's)?
experience (what I have seen though).
Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by rain21(f): 8:49pm On Mar 01, 2020
Yes, I personally know of a couple that the wife isn't a good cook and doesn't like cooking but they are over 13years in marriage

3 Likes

Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by pollypocket: 9:34pm On Mar 01, 2020
Men fall in love with women who can't cook all the time, they may see it as a turn off and a flaw however

Whether they decide to put up with it or not is a different story, some do, some don't. I don't think it's as much of a dealbreaker as many of them make out though
Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by ComputerOperato: 10:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
Strica:

i know that. I didnt ask if it's possible, what i want to know is: can you?
Nope. I can't.
I like food too much. Home cooked food

1 Like

Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by Lamanii22(f): 11:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
ComputerOperato:
Anything is possible.

Exactly
Re: Do Men Love Women Who Cant Cook? by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:28am On Mar 02, 2020
For me, the person is always the most important consideration.

All other factors are external and can be worked on... money, job, dressing, house, education, cooking skills, etc. These are all things that can be acquired.

But a person with a good heart, and who is compatible with you, a person you love and who loves you right back... You don't get that everyday. You may not even be lucky to get that twice in a lifetime.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Sneakers For #2950 / Good Samaritan Please Help Me With A Job / This Photo Really Says A Lot About Our Father’s Effort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.