Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,791 members, 7,912,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 12:18 AM

OSM Berates General Cecil Esekhagbe, Advises Him Not To Play The Pawn In EPM'S A - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OSM Berates General Cecil Esekhagbe, Advises Him Not To Play The Pawn In EPM'S A (303 Views)

Lagos State Tackles Oba Of Benin, advises Him to Learn / Peter Obi - The Pawn In The Chess Of Presidency / CAN Congratulates Buhari, Advises Him On Cabinet Selection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OSM Berates General Cecil Esekhagbe, Advises Him Not To Play The Pawn In EPM'S A by Samueliyobosa(m): 12:25pm On Mar 03, 2020
OSM berates General Cecil Esekhagbe, advises him not to play the pawn in EPM'S anti-people agenda

...as OSM advises him to join hands to support the pan Edo agenda of Governor Obaseki

The leadership of Obaseki/ Shaibu Movement (OSM); a pro governance group under the able leadership of Hon Samuel Eigbe Osezele has berated a group of persons under the auspices of EPM, a factional part of APC for holding a kangaroo meeting in Agua - Irrua , Edo central senatorial district on Saturday 29th of February, 2020 where they endorsed a certain Rtd Major General Cecil Esekhagbe as the leader of APC in Esan land.

The meeting which had In attendance some members of APC and governorship aspirants endorsed a man( Rtd major General Cecil Esekhagbe) who was no longer a member of the party as he submitted his resignation letter to the ward 4 chairman of Esan Central LGA ( his own ward) some years ago after he failed to clinch the senatorial ticket.

The resignation letter tendered by General Cecil is reproduced below:

Subject Fwd:
Ward 4 ESAN Central LGA.

_This is a follow up to my letter notifying you of my decision to step aside from politics after due consultations with my family and friends. I came into politics hoping to continue to contribute to the development of my country,My state, and my ESAN people but in an atmosphere of deceit, treachery and indiscipline I have concluded that my token contribution cannot thrive.I believe politics is about working faithfully to win elections thus creating a special purpose vehicle for development. While I do not have the monopoly of recognition of this sacred objective, the seeming lack of principles and conscience in our brand of politics clearly negates the philosophy of my background. One thing I will continue to strive to protect is the PAX ESANISM- the philosophy of ESAN Development. This SPIRIT cannot and must not die._

I wish the leaders and the party well.God bless Nigeria,Edo state and my ESAN people. Gen Cecil Esekhaigbe rtd PhD.

Cc: Chair ESAN Central APC
Vice Chair Edo CentralAPC
Chair Edo State APC.

It is regrettable to note that a man of Rtd Major. Gen Cecil Esekhagbe's calibre after retiring from active politics some years ago will stoop so low to the tricks and schemes of some greedy politicians who are after their selfish interest and not the interest of the Esan people. What was he thinking of when he submitted his resignation letter to his ward chairman? Major General Cecil Esekhagbe is supposed to be a man of integrity *who says what he means and means what he says* but this recent act of his has shown that he lacks discipline and integrity as someone who doesn't keep to his values should not be taken seriously.

These same persons deceived him in 2016 to contest for the senatorial seat of Edo central senatorial district and abandoned him when he failed to clinch the nomination ticket after wasting a lot of his resources , money , time and energy and now have come back to deceive him to become their National leader in Edo central with the promise to make him the Governor after 4 years.

The leadership of OSM advises Gen Cecil Esekhagbe to be careful of these greedy politicians as it is very clear that they don't have his good interest at heart because it is impossible for these few persons who couldn't make him a senator in 2016 suddenly want to make him governor in 2024.

OSM is calling on Major General Cecil Esekhagbe to join hands with Governor Godwin Obaseki and key into his developmental agenda of building a state ( Edo) the next generation will be proud of and not mind a few miscreants who do not mean well for the state as they are after their personal pockets and not the progress of the state.

#TEAMOSMMEDIA

Re: OSM Berates General Cecil Esekhagbe, Advises Him Not To Play The Pawn In EPM'S A by ogmask: 12:40pm On Mar 03, 2020
Aside politics, i hope Obaseki returns to govt house.
The guy is doing well as a governor.

(1) (Reply)

2023: Only President Of Igbo Stock Will Save North; OYC Tells Arewa Youths / COVID 19: For Those Looking For War, The Covid 19 Is What War Feels Like / Senators To Donate 50 Percent Of Salaries To Fight COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.