Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,699 members, 7,932,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 04:34 PM

Have You Ever Allowed A Total Stranger Move In To live with You? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Allowed A Total Stranger Move In To live with You? (2043 Views)

Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife / My Husband Lied His Concubine Was His Aunt, Made Me Live With Her – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Allowed A Total Stranger Move In To live with You? by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:50pm On Mar 04, 2020
Yup. When I was in final year. I was in a keke headed home on 19th street in Benin... a young girl and a guy boarded the keke with me. The girl had come for Post UTME and needed an accommodation as her initial option had bailed out on her. The guy was telling her he was lodged at Deutschman hotel and that she could stay with him. The boy didn't look level-headed and he was persuading too much for her to come with him. Pretty young girl.

When we got to my junction, I simply paid for her fare, took her hand and asked her to follow me. And she really followed me. Lol. What if I was some kidnapper?
Well, she stayed in my house for a week. I even helped her with prep for the exam. Luckily, she gained her admission. Babe I didn't know from Adam!

But you see, they say what goes around comes around. I've had that favour repaid back in such a beautiful way.
It's always good to sow good seeds.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Allowed A Total Stranger Move In To live with You? by Blackmiserable(m): 5:44pm On Mar 04, 2020
I wan come Lagos find work. Abeg I fit stay with you. Seriously.

I would cook my meals and stay no more than 2 weeks unless you are willing to give me extension. Elp me. Elp.
Re: Have You Ever Allowed A Total Stranger Move In To live with You? by missyojo(f): 5:51pm On Mar 04, 2020
I accommodated a stranger I don't know from Adam in 2015 during the general election and lost contact with him. Last week he called me asking if I was at base but unfortunately I wasn't around. I pleaded with him to help me get some stuffs from home since he would be coming back to my location.
The stuffs he assisted to help me convey has arrived in his possession, I gave him money for fuel to help me transport it with his car to my place. This guy collected fuel money and refused to convey my stuff, asking me for another money again for fueling.

You can imagine that but as well pained.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Allowed A Total Stranger Move In To live with You? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 04, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
Yup. When I was in final year. I was in a keke headed home on 19th street in Benin... a young girl and a guy boarded the keke with me. The girl had come for Post UTME and needed an accommodation as her initial option had bailed out on her. The guy was telling her he was lodged at Deutschman hotel and that she could stay with him. The boy didn't look level-headed and he was persuading too much for her to come with him. Pretty young girl.

When we got to my junction, I simply paid for her fare, took her hand and asked her to follow me. And she really followed me. Lol. What if I was some kidnapper?
Well, she stayed in my house for a week. I even helped her with prep for the exam. Luckily, she gained her admission. Babe I didn't know from Adam!

But you see, they say what goes around comes around. I've had that favour repaid back in such a beautiful way.
It's always good to sow good seeds.
wow!! Touching.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Allowed A Total Stranger Move In To live with You? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 04, 2020
missyojo:
I accommodated a stranger I don't know from Adam in 2015 during the general election and lost contact with him. Last week he called me asking if I was at base but unfortunately I wasn't around. I pleaded with him to help me get some stuffs from home since he would be coming back to my location.
The stuffs he assisted to help me convey has arrived in his possession, I gave him money for fuel to help me transport it with his car to my place. This guy collected fuel money and refused to convey my stuff, asking me for another money again for fueling.

You can imagine that but as well pained.
haba!!! Is this true? Is he that ungrateful!!!
Re: Have You Ever Allowed A Total Stranger Move In To live with You? by Myhaven: 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2020
Taking in a total stranger can be so risky o. Well, I've witnessed both the good and bad.

Bad: My elder bro just returned from NYSC in Sokoto, he arrived at midnight along with a stranger(also a Corper) he met inside the bus. since the guy still had to continue his journey the following morning, we allowed him crash till morning..
Before morning, dude said he wants to leave for the park earlier. By the time we all woke up, my brother's newly bought shoes were nowhere to be found..lol

Good: We housed a total stranger for Post Utme around 2010.. Guy became a family friend till date.
Re: Have You Ever Allowed A Total Stranger Move In To live with You? by momokiddies: 11:13am On Mar 05, 2020
internationalman:

I said average, maybe you are not among the average

you obviously do not understand the word you used. "average Nigerian man" simply means your everyday Nigerian man. it is used to refer to every man who is a Nigerian it us not a caste or class word
Re: Have You Ever Allowed A Total Stranger Move In To live with You? by internationalman(m): 11:32am On Mar 05, 2020
momokiddies:

you obviously do not understand the word you used. "average Nigerian man" simply means your everyday Nigerian man. it is used to refer to every man who is a Nigerian it us not a caste or class word

Average : Approximately the statistical norm or expected value.

Approximately meaning it's not entirely or whole...

So quit arguing and learn once and for all
Re: Have You Ever Allowed A Total Stranger Move In To live with You? by Nephilim: 2:19pm On Mar 05, 2020
heniford2:
Yeah, could you help mei want to relocate to lagos
you're welcome, especially if you have a tight pûsšy grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Is Lazy And Always Keeping Malice / Is It Advisable For A Married Man To Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? / She Forgot My Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.