Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,833 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:40 AM

Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy (23309 Views)

About Half Of Nigeria’s Current Ministers Studied These Courses / Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. / Senator Smart Adeyemi Attacked In Kogi During Bye Election (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by ubee(m): 8:58am On Mar 05, 2020
This man's disgraceful comment is a classic demonstration of the inadequacies and almost complete lack of substance amongst our so called leaders in Nigeria across the three arms of our government.
That a "so called" Senator has not reached a point where he knows that even the worse of our corrupt democracy is better than any time in our Military rule period is tragic.

For him to come on the floor of the senate to spew this ignorance is even worse. Why do we have this type of people as Senator's? The type of emotional, and ignorant garbage talk you hear on roadside Newspaper stands is being peddled by a senator.

The gross abuse of human rights, oppression, brutality, and looting in the Military era is a hundred fold worse than what we see today. We lost an unprecedented total of about 500billion dollars to looting by the military, and these figures are the ones that are tracked easily because the moneys were stashed in Western bank accounts.
What off those that were hidden in bunkers in the mansions of those soldiers? We can't even account for those.
Shame!

1 Like

Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by Angelfrost(m): 9:01am On Mar 05, 2020
Reference:
And this is a man people killed themselves over to bring to power in the battles for Kogi West. The solution, to his and his colleagues inability to govern effectively according to him is to destroy the very institutions that enables him make the stupid statement. How can one be so retarded.

It goes once more to show that these folks just donot have answers to anything. They are just incompetent and incapable of rising to their responsibilities and I blame Nigerians for tolerating such mediocrity in the face of the myriad of national problems besetting Nigeria.

Mr Smart (complete misnomer). Do you consider yourself value for the millions paid to you to do just one job, legislate to make our lives better.

Please.

You are just going back and forth, yet constantly failing to pinpoint the facts, which the senator pointed out.... This democracy needs serious reform and upgrade. Our electoral laws must be transformed and duly enforced!

We can't have a functioning and efficient democracy if tested and trusted leaders are not being elected, or where in-bred swines and charlatans or even common thieves are heading key positions.

The legislative arm has got to wake up to its duties to this nation by setting in motion the much needed electoral reforms that will ensure true leaders are elected at the behest of the massive voting populace...

...Of course, his allusion to the military era was indelicate in its presentation.
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by NairaMaster1(m): 9:03am On Mar 05, 2020
HacheNoire:
Bitter truth.

It's glaring Democracy can *NEVER" achieve what the military achieved.

What runs our economy today where the buildings, foundation and ideas of past military regime. Virtually nothing new is coming to the table outside massive looting in all sectors which is inspired by democracy.

Yes, their was looting during the military but it was within caucuses loyal to the Head of State. In Democracy, every arm of it is a self made looting machine.

A more bizarre truth is how he got there by hooliganism and blood shed.
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by Iceberg3: 9:04am On Mar 05, 2020
Military era with the same Buhari as head of state,huh! Perfect!

APC zombies indeed!

Lzaa immhotep just imagine!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by EgunMogaji2: 9:17am On Mar 05, 2020
I completely agree. Military rule is a better fit for the mix called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by ukahrawah: 9:18am On Mar 05, 2020
This statement is so dumb that it can't be made by a smart individual. Military or civil rule, result shows that Nigeria unfortunately parades horrible rulers who are unfit to govern any sane Street anywhere in the world.
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by Swingate(m): 9:36am On Mar 05, 2020
Yes you are right sir, this is so because of people like you.
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by Cmeo(m): 9:38am On Mar 05, 2020
This was also the same argument I had with some people recently. It is obvious that the politicians have done worse than the military on all ramifications of public governance expect in gross general human rights abuse.
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by ntyce(m): 9:44am On Mar 05, 2020
bewla:
why

Smart Adeyemi was a former president of NUJ, he led campaigns calling for the exit of the military.
Now as a democratically elected officer, calling for the military again is abnormal

1 Like

Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by juman(m): 9:46am On Mar 05, 2020
He doesn't deserve to be a senator.

1 Like

Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by kasdaniel1982(m): 10:06am On Mar 05, 2020
look at who is talking. mr smart, u and yahaya bello stole dino melaye site in the senate. you can not even win a councilorship in kogi west. u are a man of questionable character urself. pls keep the preaching to urself thanks
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by Vulcan24(m): 10:16am On Mar 05, 2020
it's the kind of argument u expect in the street. he had good intentions and a logical bill but lacks presentation and logic in argument

calling colleagues criminals and names while u are still working with them might cost u ur job.

u don't set fire to a house while u still in it
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by Vulcan24(m): 10:18am On Mar 05, 2020
ubee:
This man's disgraceful comment is a classic demonstration of the inadequacies and almost complete lack of substance amongst our so called leaders in Nigeria across the three arms of our government.
That a "so called" Senator has not reached a point where he knows that even the worse of our corrupt democracy is better than any time in our Military rule period is tragic.

For him to come on the floor of the senate to spew this ignorance is even worse. Why do we have this type of people as Senator's? The type of emotional, and ignorant garbage talk you hear on roadside Newspaper stands is being peddled by a senator.

The gross abuse of human rights, oppression, brutality, and looting in the Military era is a hundred fold worse than what we see today. We lost an unprecedented total of about 500billion dollars to looting by the military, and these figures are the ones that are tracked easily because the moneys were stashed in Western bank accounts.
What off those that were hidden in bunkers in the mansions of those soldiers? We can't even account for those.
Shame!

I totally agree and would av said exactly wat u wrote.

he's just been emotional but realistically if u are exposed to some of the anomally in our upper rooms, u might be tempted to declare something
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by sapientia(m): 10:25am On Mar 05, 2020
I have just one issue.

How come his name is Smart?

Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by FManager(m): 11:00am On Mar 05, 2020
Alkidam:
I think mr senator is right in some aspect. in the military era. there are compliance, people were scared to involve in any shady deals (there were corruption but at least to bare minimum), just that freedom of expression were nothing to write home about. personally democracy is scam to me

When it starts hope you won't run to Togo, military rules is far worse and should never be.
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by ubee(m): 11:16am On Mar 05, 2020
I completely agree with your reasoning implying that a frustrated leader that means well, while seeing deep corruption around him/her can have an emotional outburst. But there are limits though. This one is inexcusable. Only a quack leader will boldly say that Military rule was better. Talk about mental slavery. Imagine people like these as our senators?
Vulcan24:

I totally agree and would av said exactly wat u wrote.

he's just been emotional but realistically if u are exposed to some of the anomally in our upper rooms, u might be tempted to declare something

2 Likes

Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by paix(m): 11:20am On Mar 05, 2020
hisexcellency34:
How is this goat different from Dino Melaye?
To start with, even their names are not the same.
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by frog12: 1:03pm On Mar 05, 2020
d senator is right thats why myanmar military and indonesia military take over !!! dis leaders only steal everyday.

d senator is right thats why myanmar military and indonesia military take over !!! dis leaders only steal everyday.
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by NovusHomo(m): 1:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
ARISE, NIGERIAN YOUTHS, THEY ARE STEALING YOUR FUTURE IN YOUR PRESENCE. ARISE!. E D'IDE NOW! ALL YOU HAVE TO LOSE IS YOUR POVERTY
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by frog12: 1:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
1st lawmaker to say d truth
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by bewla(m): 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
ntyce:

Smart Adeyemi was a former president of NUJ, he led campaigns calling for the exit of the military.
Now as a democratically elected officer, calling for the military again is abnormal
clowns every corner
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by mechanics(m): 3:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
I agree with some of his comments.
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by harridon710(m): 4:43pm On Mar 05, 2020
Contact me on 08135674241 for your landed properties and houses, shops for rent or to buy in any part of Abuja.
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by Bekool(m): 5:37pm On Mar 05, 2020
Anjollyzlov:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/03/04/military-era-better-than-nigerias-current-democracy-senator-smart-adeyemi/amp/

No one is better during the military era only the head of state and few of his trusted cabals are allowed to loot billions of dollars we can clearly see that during abacha, ibb and buhari's govts. Nigeria's major problem is the unjust structure it's operating from.
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by Sirwallace(m): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
jarawa:
No matter how bad democracy is,still better than military rule!

Military rule of Fidel castro revolutionalised Cuba as he brought out project that the western countries copy today.

Even Bernie Sanders use some of his policies in his Democrat campaign in the US.

Thing is democrazy allows lawlessness to be sweep under the carpet. Imagine Trump as USA president, Ganduje and Tinubu walking free.
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by rdokoye: 5:55pm On Mar 05, 2020
Alkidam:
I think mr senator is right in some aspect. in the military era. there are compliance, people were scared to involve in any shady deals (there were corruption but at least to bare minimum), just that freedom of expression were nothing to write home about. personally democracy is scam to me

Nigeria was ranked as the most corrupt nation on earth, during the military era. How much money did Abacha steal? They're still recovering his loot, 20 years after his death. You think that's better? Nigeria's economy didn't even grow throughout those 30+ years of military dictatorship, leaving Nigeria as one of the poorest nations on earth, by 1999.

1 Like

Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by Onlyonebuhari: 7:13pm On Mar 05, 2020
The worst system of government is democracy. No Nation develop with it.
All the developments we have today were from military era.
Murtala Muhammad and Buhari/Idiagbon bestof the rest.
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by ridbell01(m): 7:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
HacheNoire:
Bitter truth.

It's glaring Democracy can *NEVER" achieve what the military achieved.

What runs our economy today where the buildings, foundation and ideas of past military regime. Virtually nothing new is coming to the table outside massive looting in all sectors which is inspired by democracy.

Yes, their was looting during the military but it was within caucuses loyal to the Head of State. In Democracy, every arm of it is a self made looting machine.
we told them democracy is not meant for the country but children of hate always tell us pdp era was better
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by musajo1(m): 10:14pm On Mar 05, 2020
Constitutionally,the worst civilian regime is better than the best military regime
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by Myde4naija(m): 12:34am On Mar 06, 2020
YungMike:
Nigerians problem ain't about Democracy or Military Era.

The problem is the recycling of certain individuals in the government system.

BTW, do you reside outside naija? or you planning to leave naija? And you need a service that'd enable call your family and friends in naija for a very cheap rate with no roaming charges? Download SmileVoice app on Playstore and IOS then hit me up to secure a SmileVoice number.
Check my signature for contact.
but Democratic era has achieved close to nothing as far as development of this country is concern,

95% of Nigeria infrastructural development were achieved by the military while 5% as little asvit sounds were abandoned or completed with a very low standard.

From electricity generation, transmission to distribution, all were put in place by the military,

All our highways I mean all, including bridges culverts, flyovers both in the rural and our urban areas were constructed by these military

All refinaries were constructed and functioning under these military regime.

Just to name a few.

What we achieved in 20years of democracy is rehabilitation, dualization and very low maintenance due to corruption.
Re: Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy by gbemishile: 7:44am On Mar 06, 2020
I was kind of little when we had the last military rule of gen,.Sabi abacha
But from what I have heard so far,I think the military rule is much more better than the Democratic rule of government
It I the only thing that can keep Nigerians in check.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna On Fire Again. / ALERT: NANS President Escape Death, Loses Aide / North Cannot Silence Me, It Is Fire For Fire - Fani-kayode Explodes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.