Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,715 members, 7,892,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:09 PM

22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 (89442 Views)

GRV Praises David Hundenyin, Colonel Ojukwu, And Others / "Why Buhari Sacked Winifred Oyo-Ita As Head Of Civil Service" - Reno Omokri / Buhari Sacks Winifred Oyo-Ita, Appoints Folashade Yemi-Esan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by LZAA: 11:07am On Mar 06, 2020
GMbuharii:
As at that time,coneheaded structures and all mufutaus were still living in palm trees and moving around without clothes grin
That seem also the period a certain paper warrior was pioneering and inspiring 100m Olympic race after abandoning his town and usainAfonjaBolt away when small small Fulani boys were chasing him.....

grin

Lzaa immhotep shalomc
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by pasol4real(m): 11:08am On Mar 06, 2020
Witcher:
Ojukwu, The Coward Secessionist-

Dimka Odumegwu Ojukwu of Biafra-Biafaa or Bia-Kpara, Ogoni version! With due respect to reasonable Igbos and the public. It isn't proper to rejoice over anyone's death. I'm also not doing so, rather pointing to the man Ojukwu. I hope readers would understand my truth that can be found through history and can't be disproved otherwise.

Ojukwu, who was good in his own right couldn't stand Ken Saro-Wiwa and his truth about Ogoni-saving our people from Biafra and Ojukwu's madness and greed (popularly known as Nigerian-Biafran Civil War, 1967-1970), was the number one coward.

Ojukwu sold Biafra due to his greed for oil and disrespect for Ogonis and other minorities of today's Niger delta. Biafra was mostly harshed due to the presence of Ogoni/Niger delta oil. If it succeeded Ogonis, who were already enslaved by Igbos in Ogoni land will be registered slaves today. Saro-Wiwa saw this and fought against it. Thus his crime at the hands of Ojukwu and other Biafran praise-singers who then sought Saro-Wiwa's head.

Meanwhile, Ojukwu ran away from his people at a critical moment into exile. Millions of innocent Igbos (Ogonis and other minorities also died in numbers at home and Igbo camps) killed while he ran away.

No wonder seasoned Igbos, including late Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe refused to support Ojukwu and his Biafran insanity!

Though Ojukwu returned from Ivory Coast under Shehu Shagari or so. He couldn't have the opportunity to fight to revive Biafra again. This was contrary to the saying: he who fight and run away lives to fight another day.

Saro-Wiwa stood by his people to the end. He's a global hero while Ojukwu is the Igbo coward!

As mentioned inter alia, death is an inevitable end, so not proper to rejoice over the death of others. I'm not rejoicing over Ojukwu's death. Ojukwu's death, however, can't come without the truth about him, unlike the lies he told abroad about Saro-Wiwa and Ogonis. I hope readers may understand.

Because Ojukwu was cheap, greedy, yet with one of the best education but knew nothing to do with it, he's bribed by the Federal government of Nigeria (under Sanni Abacha), sponsored abroad to justify the world's environmental and human rights hero's (Saro-Wiwa) unjust hanging.

The coward in Ojukwu couldn't get away with that trash! He's bathed in rotten eggs; a high profile disgrace given in the West, when he went to London justifying Saro-Wiwa's unjust death of Nov. 10, 1995.

Today, Ojukwu is left to the Igbos of his kind and some Nigerians such as Goodluck Jonathan, who love violence and has already said, according to Sahara Reporters' Nov. 26 report, "Ojukwu's place in Nigerian history is assured."

Anyone still unsure that Jonathan and his Nigerian cabal hate Saro-Wiwa and Ogoni? How shameful to see a country love and honor violence and trash nonviolence and intellectual discussions, arguments for rights (as with Saro-Wiwa and Ogonis) and freedoms to the cutters!

That is the Nigeria run by the so-called majority ethnic groups for you. We can see Boko Haram like Ojukwu's Biafra, in action, supported also by Jonathan and his Hausa counterparts. We can see Jonathan sit and look confused, not sure of what to do with Boko (like he paid off Niger delta militants whose agitation was just, if not their greed and unintellectual approach) begging for help from America.

Finally, is Jonathan, one of the Ojukwu-Biafran violent praise-singer confused about the peaceful Ogonis, their just agitation for political, social and economic justice, ruined environment? No! He and the Federal government is hardened, waiting for a period when news may come that all Ogonis are extinct due to environmental degradation and government, $hell's inaction and stupidity. Shame on Nigeria, because Ogoni, which is older than Nigeria will live to shame the Ojukwus and its Nigerian oppressors!
I wonder when nairaland wud stop parading animalistic stupid fools on this great platform

1 Like

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 06, 2020
Conner44:

No angry Nigeria is an Islamic country weda you like it or not. It’s ruled by the north and created for the north.

There’s a reason why our spoken language is English and Arabic is inscribed in many stuffs ‘Nigerian’

Shut ur mouth who told that freakin lie Nigeria for the north my ass
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Enyeem(m): 11:11am On Mar 06, 2020
The first graduate to join Nigerian Army, interesting

1 Like

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by PHijo(m): 11:16am On Mar 06, 2020
Lawmak:

And now under Nigeria Ogoni pepoe are free born. It was Ojukwu that killed Ken saro wiwa.
Some of these minorities in the south are so dumb. Even in Nigeria today after the war they are still being and waxing anger against the Igbo as if it's the Igbo is their problem. With all the herdsmen and evil politicians ravaging their country they still blame the Igbo.
All the ethnic group in this country is blaming the Igbo. They swear for una. All these are all show of jealous and greed.

You are dumb or ignorant! In the first place the so called minorities are suffering today, courtesy of Igbo elite actions between 1950 till date.

Do your research, nobody wants to be a slave. The stupid Aburi accord Ojukwu and his associates flaunt would have enslaved the minorities permanently with no hope for freedom.

If things were well, Adaka Boro wouldn't have been the first to attempt secession. Ironically, an Igbo was head of state and another Igbo was eastern regional governor when Boro led his secessionist movement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 06, 2020
If this east had secceeded it might even be far better than Nigeria's current state ,because if u notice during that war period it had characteristic of innovation aka the igbo ppls were making their weapons them selve #THINKING

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by APCHaram: 11:17am On Mar 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

I dont see anything wrong in one being a maxist or communist, he is entitled to his political beliefs

Thats laughable that someone would be joining the Nigerian Army in the 50's because they hope to one day engineer a maxist take over

Communist revolutions begins at the grassroots.

Remember how Idi Amin as a lowly Sergeant was able to stage a coup
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by musicwriter(m): 11:18am On Mar 06, 2020
Witcher:
If it (Biafra) succeeded Ogonis, who were already enslaved by Igbos in Ogoni land will be registered slaves today. Saro-Wiwa saw this and fought against it. Thus his crime at the hands of Ojukwu and other Biafran praise-singers who then sought Saro-Wiwa's head.

While you have every right to be annoyed for historical reasons but Saro-Wiwa later realized his mistake for not standing with Biafra. Its said that Ojukwu once visited Niger-Delta and told Saro-Wiwa ''good morning'' in the afternoon. Saro-Wiwa woke up late!.

So, Ojukwu's anger was a retaliation because he didn't get Niger-Delta's support when he needed it most. Why give support to Saro-Wiwa; when Niger-Delta refused to support Biafra? You see, that was the motive.

Having said that, Niger-Delta and especially Ogoni land is still in slavery today and would continue to be because you people have refused to see the big picture. Your elites (Jonathan and co) are very greedy and shortsighted, just like you.

Don't worry, Biafra is not interested in Niger-Delta. As a matter of fact, when Biafra established, the Niger-Delta would be carved out of our map, so you all would continue to be enslaved by the North. Don't forget that.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Danzysb(m): 11:23am On Mar 06, 2020
scoundrel:
I thought he died at an older age. It was nice to see he was adamant with decisions in life. I wonder why he refused to stay in position and get captured by the Nigerian force. The real heroes die in war, cowards live to tell tales.

Bia shut up dia!
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Odingo1: 11:31am On Mar 06, 2020
Witcher:

Dimka Odumegwu Ojukwu of Biafra-Biafaa or Bia-Kpara, Ogoni version! With due respect to reasonable Igbos and the public. It isn't proper to rejoice over anyone's death. I'm also not doing so, rather pointing to the man Ojukwu. I hope readers would understand my truth that can be found through history and can't be disproved otherwise.

Ojukwu, who was good in his own right couldn't stand Ken Saro-Wiwa and his truth about Ogoni-saving our people from Biafra and Ojukwu's madness and greed (popularly known as Nigerian-Biafran Civil War, 1967-1970), was the number one coward.

Ojukwu sold Biafra due to his greed for oil and disrespect for Ogonis and other minorities of today's Niger delta. Biafra was mostly harshed due to the presence of Ogoni/Niger delta oil. If it succeeded Ogonis, who were already enslaved by Igbos in Ogoni land will be registered slaves today. Saro-Wiwa saw this and fought against it. Thus his crime at the hands of Ojukwu and other Biafran praise-singers who then sought Saro-Wiwa's head.

Meanwhile, Ojukwu ran away from his people at a critical moment into exile. Millions of innocent Igbos (Ogonis and other minorities also died in numbers at home and Igbo camps) killed while he ran away.

No wonder seasoned Igbos, including late Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe refused to support Ojukwu and his Biafran insanity!

Though Ojukwu returned from Ivory Coast under Shehu Shagari or so. He couldn't have the opportunity to fight to revive Biafra again. This was contrary to the saying: he who fight and run away lives to fight another day.

Saro-Wiwa stood by his people to the end. He's a global hero while Ojukwu is the Igbo coward!

As mentioned inter alia, death is an inevitable end, so not proper to rejoice over the death of others. I'm not rejoicing over Ojukwu's death. Ojukwu's death, however, can't come without the truth about him, unlike the lies he told abroad about Saro-Wiwa and Ogonis. I hope readers may understand.

Because Ojukwu was cheap, greedy, yet with one of the best education but knew nothing to do with it, he's bribed by the Federal government of Nigeria (under Sanni Abacha), sponsored abroad to justify the world's environmental and human rights hero's (Saro-Wiwa) unjust hanging.

The coward in Ojukwu couldn't get away with that trash! He's bathed in rotten eggs; a high profile disgrace given in the West, when he went to London justifying Saro-Wiwa's unjust death of Nov. 10, 1995.

Today, Ojukwu is left to the Igbos of his kind and some Nigerians such as Goodluck Jonathan, who love violence and has already said, according to Sahara Reporters' Nov. 26 report, "Ojukwu's place in Nigerian history is assured."

Anyone still unsure that Jonathan and his Nigerian cabal hate Saro-Wiwa and Ogoni? How shameful to see a country love and honor violence and trash nonviolence and intellectual discussions, arguments for rights (as with Saro-Wiwa and Ogonis) and freedoms to the cutters!

That is the Nigeria run by the so-called majority ethnic groups for you. We can see Boko Haram like Ojukwu's Biafra, in action, supported also by Jonathan and his Hausa counterparts. We can see Jonathan sit and look confused, not sure of what to do with Boko (like he paid off Niger delta militants whose agitation was just, if not their greed and unintellectual approach) begging for help from America.

Finally, is Jonathan, one of the Ojukwu-Biafran violent praise-singer confused about the peaceful Ogonis, their just agitation for political, social and economic justice, ruined environment? No! He and the Federal government is hardened, waiting for a period when news may come that all Ogonis are extinct due to environmental degradation and government, $hell's inaction and stupidity. Shame on Nigeria, because Ogoni, which is older than Nigeria will live to shame the Ojukwus and its Nigerian oppressors!
You are writing trash, every dick and harry will just fabricate stupid write up.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by howmarket2: 11:35am On Mar 06, 2020
FrLukas:
If only Adeyinka Adebayo had known, he wouldn't have told him and millions would have been saved.

cry
this one made me laugh.am an igbo man but it made me laugh.i just imagined if we as humans no or can tell the future.you will see some people and you ll run away.if we had known, there wouldn't have been a Nigeria to call a country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Mac2016(m): 11:35am On Mar 06, 2020
The only man that attempted to stop the Northern hegemony, where yorubas are pussy footing.... Respect!
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 06, 2020
howmarket2:
this one made me laugh.am an igbo man but it made me laugh.i just imagined if we as humans no or can tell the future.you will see some people and you ll run away.if we had known, there wouldn't have been a Nigeria to call a country.

That's why there's that saying, whatever you do, do good. That's because most of us can't see the future.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Danzysb(m): 11:49am On Mar 06, 2020
fk002:
Nice one but this is a Biafran version/perspective of the civil war history.
[i][/i]
Our own version clearly stated that it was Ojukwu that broke the Aburi agreement

Why did Nzwego Kaduna start the first coup in the first place, what was he aiming at by annihilating all the northern and western leaders while he spared the lives of Azikiwe and Ironsi. Hypocrisy at its peak.

After the Major Kaduna coup, Igbo traders in SW and North were mocking and rubbing it on the face of Northerners and Yorubas that the country belongs them. We know how Narcssist they can be. Hence the reason for retaliation from the Northerners.

Instead of Ironsi to court marshal Nzwego, ifuajana and their cronies he didn't, he decided to give them presidential pardon in a lowkey, thats what infuriated the Northern and western military officers which lead to the second coup.

In conclusion from the start to the end of the civil war igbos were the genesis they caused it all.

No! I disagree with you,nzeogwu also planned to annihilate ironsi,but ironsi escaped and even prevented the coup be from further progressing and it's not even like it's only the igbos that were involved in that coup.....
There's nothing like Igbo coup only the foolish ones in the North interpreted otherwise and caused the senseless killing and slaughter of more than 30 thousand igbos,ojukwu saw this and never wanted to share the same country with bloodsucking vultures and declared BIAFRA...

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
GMbuharii:

Adaka boro was later killed subtlely by the zoo army.

Keep doing a good job,keep sweating profusely trying to cause rift between the SE and SS,mental

grin
Lzza
[/s]

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by JJBROS(m): 12:00pm On Mar 06, 2020
Witcher:

Mr man, go back to history class. Don't mislead us here....

Now, start ur story from....Gowon, Ojukwu and Adaka Boro.... when did Ken Saro Wiwa started this struggle?
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by supereagle(m): 12:13pm On Mar 06, 2020
He led his people to war that killed so many. His people are blaming other tribes in Nigeria for their folly.

Well captured. We have a reference link here that expose them:

https://www.nairaland.com/5065387/how-igbo-leaders-caused-nigerias
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Paseus(m): 12:21pm On Mar 06, 2020
fk002:
I blame that Adeyinka for giving him that advice

OJUKWU

But the said Hero came back years later after the civil war and contested for the seat of President of the same country he fought, while his people that are hailing him now were theseame people that stabbed him on the back by not voting for him.
Spot on!!!

1 Like

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by PierreAbutu(m): 12:36pm On Mar 06, 2020
Witcher:

Sister, don't u think Uncle Gowon with his drug pushing son should be described as the weakest military leader to head this country?

Or is it ojukwu dat makes ur darling president to be unAWARE of everything about him?
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by OluwaDamilola01: 12:37pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

That's why there's that saying, whatever you do, do good. That's because most of us can't see the future.
[/s]
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by OluwaDamilola01: 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

You will have to go read up on Nigeria's history. I'm not your high school history teacher bro.
[/s]
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Octaves(m): 12:59pm On Mar 06, 2020
gidgiddy:
The British officers at Kaduna kept wondering what an Oxford graduate was doing as a private in the Army and sent him for officers course in England. Ojukwu returned in 1957 and was commissioned a second Lieutenant, the first graduate to join the Nigerian Army.

Ojukwu rose rapidly through the Army. He was promoted to Lieutenant in 1958, Captain in 1960, Major in 1962 and Lieutenant Colonel in 1964.

Ojukwu was commander of the 4th battalion, Kano, when the first coup happened in January 1966.

As the coup unfolded, Major Nzeogwu called on Ojukwu to join the coup to which Ojukwu refused. Ojukwus refusal to join Nzeogwu is one of the major reasons why Nzeogwu's coup eventually failed.

General Ironsi then siezed power and appointed Ojukwu Military Governor of the Eastern Region.

6 months later, mid-level officers of the Nigerian of Northern extraction conducted a coup that led to the overthrow and killing of Ironsi, and the installment of Lt Col Yakubu Gowon as head of state. The coup also greenlighted a pogrom in which over 30,000 Easterners, mainly Igbos, were killed all over Nigeria, particularly in the North.

The inability of Gowon to stop the killings, the resentment in the Eastern Region against his government and the fact that Ojukwu was senior to Gowon caused bad blood between both men

The crisis became so bad that the then President of Ghana, General Joe Ankrah, intervened and invited both Gowon and Ojukwu to his Hiltop Mansion in Aburi, Ghana, for peace talks in January of 1967.

After two days of discussions, Ojukwu and Gowon signed an agreement that was to be known as the Aburi Accord.

A few months after their return from Ghana, Gowon broke the Aburi accord they signed by issuing decree 14 of 1967 which abolished all the 4 Regions, created 12 states, reversed the fical federalism practiced, changed the revenue sharing formular, all in a bid to increase the power of the North over the rest of Nigeria

For Ojukwu, it was the last straw. Ojukwu convened the Eastern Nigerian Consultative Forum, a body that comprised of all the chiefs and head of the 20 provinces that made up the Eastern Region. They sat and discussed for 2 days and mandated Ojukwu to declare the Eastern Region a separate country. On the 30th of May 1967, Ojukwu declared the Eastern Region a separate country called the Republic of Biafra.

In retaliation, Gowon declared war. The war raged on for 3 years and ended in January 1970 with Ojukwu handing over to his deputy, General Effiong, flying into exile in Ivory Coast and the subsequent surrender of Biafra.

Ojukwu later returned from exile 12 years later. He died in London in 2011 aged 78. His burial remains the greatest ever witnessed in Nigeria

Ojukwu is still revered by most Igbos because they believe he fought for their freedom.
Ojukwu was one of the greatest freedom fighters the world has seen and will continue to be revered for his fight for the freedom of Biafra
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Octaves(m): 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2020
Witcher:

You are nothing but an agent of divide and rule.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Godlyman1: 1:07pm On Mar 06, 2020
If you have bitcoin for sale, contact me on WhatsApp 08105699406
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by zoedew: 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
So many lessons to learn:
1. Do not seek to crowd in and overburden your children.
2. With the wisdom of God counsel and involve your children in planning their future and let them make their choices but take care to insulate yourself from the pressure their wrong choices often involve.
3. Do not let your children have all they want only taking care to ensure their needs are met.
4. Children must slow down to come down to the level of their parents in planning the future knowing that the benefit of experience is invaluable.
5. It is arguable whether Col. Ojukwu maximised his potential, left a legacy worth calling one for his children and became more accomplished in life than his father before death came calling. Historians over to you!
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
Oracle23:

And that yoruba officer no get name??
u de mind d guy...
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
Oracle23:

And that yoruba officer no get name??
u de mind d guy... ojukwu join as rank and file did d Yoruba guy join as rank and file
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by scoundrel(f): 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2020
Danzysb:

Bia shut up dia!
Eviscerating.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by AutoshalomUSA: 1:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
BECAUSE YOU HAVE A BACHELORS DEGREE OR WHATEVER DEGREE DONT MAKE YOU AN EXPERT IN OJUKWU -

Your understanding of the MAN is flawed , OJUKWU IS STILL THE BRAVEST MILITARY GENERAL NIGERIA PRODUCED ALONG WITH COL. NZEOGWU AND Finally Adekunle and Obasanjo . All the HAUSA/FULANI generals were weaklings and scared of the Fierce Igbo officers .

BUT TODAY EVERYTHING IGBO IS BEING RUBBISHED BECAUSE COWARD NIGERIA HAS FAILED TO RECOGNIZE BIAFRA WOULDVE BEEN BETTER OFF .

SOMEBODY CAUTION THIS SMALL GIRL PLEASE ./..

Witcher:

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Duru1(m): 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2020
abeggnow:
this summary is poorly written and the event are lies. 1st Gowon was a Lt Col not a Lt. also war was decleared when Biafran forces invaded the Midwest and got as far as ore. prior to that it was a policing action .

You are worse than the poster you intended to correct if the only error you detected is the rank of Gowon. You are not qualified to indulge in this debate. What the hell do you know about police action? From the crap you posted above, I can bet my last cent you do not know how to read ordinary calendar created in cardinal form. Please get lost!!

1 Like

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by PHijo(m): 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2020
musicwriter:

While you have every right to be annoyed for historical reasons but Saro-Wiwa later realized his mistake for not standing with Biafra. Its said that Ojukwu once visited Niger-Delta and told Saro-Wiwa ''good morning'' in the afternoon. Saro-Wiwa woke up late!.

So, Ojukwu's anger was a retaliation because he didn't get Niger-Delta's support when he needed it most. Why give support to Saro-Wiwa; when Niger-Delta refused to support Biafra? You see, that was the motive.

Having said that, Niger-Delta and especially Ogoni land is still in slavery today and would continue to be because you people have refused to see the big picture. Your elites (Jonathan and co) are very greedy and shortsighted, just like you.

Don't worry, Biafra is not interested in Niger-Delta. As a matter of fact, when Biafra established, the Niger-Delta would be carved out of our map, so you all would continue to be enslaved by the North. Don't forget that.

Why support 'Biafra' when Ojukwu and Ironsi crushed Niger Delta republic?

Do some of you reason at all or you don't know the history?

There is no way Saro-Wiwa would have apologised to Ojukwu, Ojukwu who committed war crimes in Saro-Wiwa's homeland.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho Finally Arrives Lagos, Meets Afenifere (Photo) / Hanan Buhari Graduates With First Class From UK University (Photo) / Buhari And Osinbajo Taking Breakfast Tea With N35 Milo (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.