Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,725 members, 7,892,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:54 PM

5 Ways To Protect Your Smartphone This Rainy Period - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Ways To Protect Your Smartphone This Rainy Period (995 Views)

How To Protect Your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Snapchat Accounts / How To Protect Your Social Media Accounts From Being Hacked / 5 Ways You Answer Phone Call In Public That Make You Look Local (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Protect Your Smartphone This Rainy Period by Abiodunspectre(m): 2:19pm On Mar 06, 2020
The raining season is almost here and aside from saving yourself from getting drenched, it's equally important to save your smartphone from exposure to moisture.

It's important to keep smartphones dry at all time because a drop of moisture detected in your smartphone becomes a grave problem to repair. Also moisture damage is not considered in the warranty cover of most smartphone.

So I have come up with some quick and useful tips that will protect your smartphone from any moisture mishaps and damage.

1. Get a waterproof accessories: This accessories are designed in a way to shield your smartphone from getting wet even if you had it on you during rains. They are quite affordable and readily available at accessories store.

2. Keep Smartphone In Bag: When you don't have a waterproof accessories mentioned before and it's raining heavily the best way to protect your valuable smartphone is to keep it in your bag or polythene bag.

3. Switch off immediately: If you don’t have anything to protect your smartphone from getting wet in the rain, just switch it off and take off the battery if removable. Using your smartphone wet can damage it permanently.

4. Use Original Tempered Protective Glass: You might be wondering a tempered glass can protect your phone rain moisture. Most tempered glass are first heated and then cooled using chemical which makes them durable. Aside protecting your phone from scratches, it also prevents water from seeping in.

5. Backup your Data: Asides the physical body part of your smartphone. The data on the phone which needs protection also. If you are not using a waterproof smartphone, it is important you Backup your data to cloud or your PC to avoid being cut off from your data completely in case of an moisture damage.

https://spot.tecno.com/ng/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=79376&page=1&extra=#pid269776

Cc lalasticlala , dragnet , Honsule

Re: 5 Ways To Protect Your Smartphone This Rainy Period by Mohbola(f): 9:24pm On Mar 06, 2020
Nice one
Re: 5 Ways To Protect Your Smartphone This Rainy Period by Chubbyface: 11:39pm On Mar 06, 2020
I'd get myself a tempered protective glass definitely
Re: 5 Ways To Protect Your Smartphone This Rainy Period by andelawhite: 8:53pm On Mar 07, 2020
After I lost my phone to rainfall, I have since been careful how I handle my phone, especially during rainy season.
Re: 5 Ways To Protect Your Smartphone This Rainy Period by AmadorSays: 12:00am On Mar 08, 2020
Nice tips, very informative
Re: 5 Ways To Protect Your Smartphone This Rainy Period by Ejadike(m): 5:56pm On Mar 08, 2020
Nice info bro. Thanks G
Re: 5 Ways To Protect Your Smartphone This Rainy Period by Bestchild: 8:29pm On Mar 10, 2020
So if I get waterproof accessories, I'd be able to operate my phone under the rain? Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Huawei Y9 2019 Screen Replacement / Older Android Phones Will Be Unable 2 Access A Huge Part Of The Internet In 2021 / Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 3GB Ram And 64GB Of Storage For Sale 15k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.