Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,840 members, 7,889,795 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:55 PM

Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home (16942 Views)

Help, A Married Woman Refuses To Leave My House, How Can I Send Her Away? / Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2010
mutter:

Please as an experienced man can you explain how a woman can allow her daughters husband to sleep in the office
And you give this man the ridiculous advice to go pleading and get them to eat out of their palms.
The solution is to get rid of both of them.
If the woman is prepared for the marriage she can come back with her people and do the right thing, which is to plead and change her ways.

GBAM!!!!

Fire 4 fire, she will change her ways ASAP
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by sicily4u: 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2010
@ poster, did ur MIL come for Omugwo and refuse to go back after first visit or is there any other things u are not telling us here, tell us how it started.
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2010
poster get your father in law involved let him come and take his wife from your house, if the dude is dead get an uncle in law to do it
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by eleven(m): 12:23pm On Dec 22, 2010
My guy,

Forget all these emotional nonsense, be nice to MIL and protect your marriage thing to cheating wife. You need to act as a man and damn all consequences.

Imagine leaving your house for 4 days and no call from your wife. You are been cheated upon and you are talking niceness. My friend go back home and send the MIL packing straight away. If your wife still loves you she will stay with you if not she will go with her mom if she does, please do not try to stop her and no physical attacks no matter the temptation.

Be real, you are not valued in your home and no matter how nice you are to her, she and her mom will continue to look at you as a fool until you show them you are not and give yourself a break.

Do not let the traditional fear of divorce cause you years of depression. Guy, move her out now and move on. Believe me the heavens will not fall.

It might hurt you for a while but I bet you will never regret it. Being nice to people who do not appreciate your person is not worth it.

I wish you all the best!
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Blazay(m): 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2010
mutter:

Blazay, I have been married for many years so I do have your criteria to be active here tongue
Well I was not going to mention it before but it is very possible that the mil does not have any respect for him simply because he i not Ibo like them.
This is the sad reality of inter tribal marriages in Nigeria. Very often the family is not broad minded enough to give the other party due respect and acceptance.
I do not think that if he were ibo the woman would have the guts to behave like that with him.
Blazay the mil to be part of the family must play a role as a mil!!!
A good mil wil always stick to her sil and scold her daughter when she goes wrong. Even when the man is wrong she should be diplomatic and seek peace.
[b][size=16pt]Please as an experienced man can you explain how a woman can allow her daughters husband to sleep in the office [/size] [/b]And you give this man the ridiculous advice to go pleading and get them to eat out of their palms.
The solution is to get rid of both of them.
If the woman is prepared for the marriage she can come back with her people and do the right thing, which is to plead and change her ways.

The problem with you women.
The man left on his own accord. I would do no such thing as an experienced man in these matters.
The MIL is a small matter to handle.
This is between the man and his wife only.
He is giving himself too much wahala imho.

The solution is not to get rid of them both you say. . . the dead giveaway that you are not married.
No married woman will advocate what you are advocating. Forget that your fake marriage certificate in your head only. wink
Please, go and get married and then 'stay' married before coming to give advice.

By their fruits ye shall know them. cheesy

Ogbologbo-Agbalagba, chronic, NL cyber/Face Booki spinsters!

Mu he he he he
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Brai777(m): 12:32pm On Dec 22, 2010
@ poster, I am married and I was in your shoes about 2 years ago. my wife and I agreed that no family will stay with us and we will be informed of their visits, but after marriage my MIL moved in stylishly, from one visit to frequent visits and then to permanently moving in. when i saw this i did argue, fight my wife or remind her of our earlier agreement about family. i just encouraged my cousins and aunt to drop by often since my mother was late. while my wife relates with her mother most of the time, i relates with my cousins and naturally we grew apart, and the house was choking us with so many people around. i didnt enjoy it, because i love my privacy, i just endure it while it lasted at a point she could not understand what was going on again and she asked what is it will all these people around, this is not our plan.

i thanked her for reminding me about our plans and how forgetful we were, i then asked her what do we do. she suggested we talk to every family member around about our need for privacy and asked them for support. in return i will make financial committment to them and assure them that they did need to come around if they need anything. they should call for help and we will credit their account with whatever we can afford to give.

so we drew up a plan you talk to your mom and i will talk to my cousins and aunt. end of story. you dont need to argue, fight or quarrel to run your home.
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by likeme(m): 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2010
Blazar, can you please stop attacking mutter personalty. Being a single mother is not a crime. That you are married and still remained so does not mean u a re a super hero as well. Do u know what tomorrow holds for u?

This is a forum, u can disagree with her post but stop all this name calling. I wonder how ur wife copes with all these attitude
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 22, 2010
likeme:

Blazar, can you please stop attacking mutter personalty. Being a single mother is not a crime. That you are married and still remained so does not mean u a re a super hero as well. Do u know what tomorrow holds for u?

This is a forum, u can disagree with her post but stop all this name calling. I wonder how your wife copes with all these attitude

seconded
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by vanitty: 12:43pm On Dec 22, 2010
Unfortunately in situations like this, the mama is usually the catalyst to the whole problem. I have to agree with Mutter on this matter, get rid of the wife and the MIL. If she want to save her marriage, let her come back without the mama. She obviously has no respect for you, there is a time to be mr nice , not everytime jare, be firm. Imagine sleeping outside for 4 days with no call from her or are you exaggerating?
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by ifyalways(f): 12:44pm On Dec 22, 2010
A.J,take am easyyyyyyyy.
Btwn,OP,any kids involved?who is the breadwinner in this home?
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by eleven(m): 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2010
Blazay:

The problem with you women.
The man left on his own accord. I would do no such thing as an experienced man in these matters.
The MIL is a small matter to handle.
This is between the man and his wife only.
He is giving himself too much wahala imho.

The solution is not to get rid of them both you say. . . the dead giveaway that you are not married.
No married woman will advocate what you are advocating. Forget that your fake marriage certificate in your head only. wink
Please, go and get married and then 'stay' married before coming to give advice.

By their fruits ye shall know them. cheesy

Ogbologbo-Agbalagba, chronic, NL cyber/Face Booki spinsters!

Mu he he he he

Chairman, Mr Experienced married man, you are the one advising the OP wrongly. You think you are doing him good where as you are killing him slowly and postponing the evil days. If it was just a gang up, one would understand but cheating and support from MIL. That is too much.

OP needs to draw serious rain now so that his tomorrow will be calm. MIL MUST leave his home ASAP. No excuses and no nonsense emotional justifications.
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by MsTom(f): 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2010
I am so stunned that some men on here adviced the guy to go back home and live with his MIL. That is really unbiased of them knowing that women go through S**t with their hubby's mothers too.

@Poster,
This is an issue btw you and your wife. Your MIL is a third party. Talk to your wife. Find out what she wants. How can a man leave his house and the wife never called? Also, the MIL never asked her to call or the MIL never called herself? That speaks volume!!! really. Have a heart to heart discussion with her. And you, be ready for anything. Take heart to listen through it all. See, I face a tribal issue too. one thing I know is if they dont like or want you, and you are not careful, they would frustrate you out of the marriage. If you love your wife, and she loves you, talk it out. You married her and not her mother. I wonder why you waited 5years to start complaining about your MIL. Maybe you were enjoying the benefits. Anyway, that apart, you need to take drastic actions to save your marriage if it is worth it i.e if you love your wife. Leaving the house is not the solution. you actually open gaps which in the long run could ultimately kill the love between the 2 of you.
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by missionma(m): 12:53pm On Dec 22, 2010
Be a man and control your home. If you need you mother-inlaw leave your home it should not be a big deal. Just make an order and it shall be so, otherwise they should give you a good reason for not taking the order. I can never leave my home for anywhere because of someone.
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by frgy1: 12:55pm On Dec 22, 2010
Cant help but laugh at the naivity of this blazay dude.
Its good to be optimistic and work to fix things, but life aint "alice in wonderland". OP must face the posibility of the mariage being damaged beyond repair.
Yes he should go home,
yes he should stamp his autority
but the MIL gata go! He has invested 5 years of his mariage trying to co-exist wit her, and from what we read, it has been a waste. For How many more years should he try?its obvious she is fueling her daughters passion for someone else.
Na cancer, if e chop ur hand reach wrist, cut am, else it spreads to the elbow and beyond, till it kills you
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:58pm On Dec 22, 2010
:scratches throat, and takes another bite of his wiseass kolanut:

Dear OP,
I never judge issues from one side alone, I always like to hear both sides of the story first. Making wise decisions always ride on that, we need to hear from your wife first but if I were to take your word for it, well here it goes.
I would assume that kids are not really involved in this issue, if that is the case then just maybe your MIL and wife think you are not man enough, I always listen to a man that feels he is being cheated on because Men are not as emotional as women. Time and time again I can sense from MILES when any lady I am involved with is having second thoughts and its my back at the door before she knows it. Now you are married things would not be so easy, you cannot just up and leave your house like that! dude that is like confirming that you are a "wimp" . This is a war you are fighting and you need to realise that there would be casualties and
The first step to winning this war is returning home. You lost one already.
Next call a family meeting, your wife's uncles, FIL and so on the whole nine yards. Let them know your house has been over run by your MIL and your wife and you married only the daughter and not the mother. Let them know all your fears and everything that happened. No family would encourage you to break up with your wife chances are they would ask the MIL to leave you guys alone. After this you have to go back home and lick your wounds with your wife, if your marriage was destined to last you guys would get over it.
If this does not work, say they call your bluff and refuse to attend the meeting, let the family people know you are going back to send them away, call in would own Calvary, your brothers , sisters and so on. Go back to the house and send them both away. Simples! Yes true you are supposed to fight for your marriage but its supposed to be a two way thing, even if you are paranoid your wife should have you at heart to at least allay your fears. Especially if there are no kids involved just send her arse outta the house first, it does not mean the marriage is over but at least let everybody get breathing space then let the family come and do the hardwork of mending you guys. One thing you should always know is that YOU ARE A MAN, I repeat, YOU ARE A MAN. Except you are weak and pathetic or kids are involved your wife would loose more if your marriage breaks down. Only desperate failed men would touch a divorced woman in Nigeria at least, so I am sure she knows that fact. Men are hard to come by and if she cannot realise what she has to gain in your house then she can go spend the rest of her life with her mum. JUST DONT PLAY THE MUGU.

Sincerely yours,
Chris.
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 22, 2010
@gfhotee,
You are in a serious problem! But this can be fixed. I suggest you go back home because you needed not to leave in the first place but I can understand your feelings at the time. Try and solve the internal problem first i.e with your wife and that will lead to solving the external i.e your MIL. When you get back home buy your wife a gift and show her you love her. Then, plan a date out with her in a quiet place (if possible, take her to the place you proposed to her) and ordered the food and drinks she likes (preferably, the exact food and drinks you both took the day you proposed to her). Start the talk by recounting the good lovely days between the two of you, i mean all those romantic moments between you both. At this juncture, you are already bringing back her memory, reminding her that you still love her and that same love can still exist. After this, let her understand that the success of your marriage lies in your (husband and wife) hands.

At this point, ask her some questions and listen attentively while looking straight into her eyes as she responds to them. Such questions should be: what have you done wrong that is making her act that way towards you? Does she still have a feeling of love for you as her husband? Her answers to these questions would let you know your next questions and move. But note, other questions that will follow should be the ones that will save your marriage i.e they should be geared towards finding a lasting solution to your marital problems.

If this works out, which will be evident from the looks and attitude of your wife then, you can now let your her know that her mother's presence in the house is one of the problems. Let her understand that her mother has to leave for peace to reign in the house. Let her go back to her own husband i.e if he's alive, if not, tell her you would get her a place, get her all the necessary things to make her comfortable and you will visit her regularly. Remember, you have to keep these promises too. GOOLUCK!  cool
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Blazay(m): 1:05pm On Dec 22, 2010
Imagine the Konkonbi[b][size=16pt]R[/size][/b]ity! angry
Look at all these miserable single people snowed inside their foreclosed council flats near Gatwick airport typing rubbish on this thread?

Who invited all of you here? angry
The OP asked for 'popular' opinion and look what we have here.
I was having a man to man tok with the OP and your single miserable creatures are interrupting.
Will you all go and shovel your snow from your door entrances and clearrrrout of this thread before I count 1. angry
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:12pm On Dec 22, 2010
Blazay:

Imagine the Konkonbi[b][size=16pt]r[/size][/b]ity! angry
Look at all these miserable single people snowed inside their foreclosed council flats near Gatwick airport typing rubbish on this thread?

Who invited all of you here? angry
The OP asked for 'popular' opinion and look what we have here.
I was having a man to man tok with the OP and your single miserable creatures are interrupting.
Will you all go and shovel your snow from your door entrances and clearrrrout of this thread before I count 1. angry
ROTFLMAO
But wait why do you want the OP to resolve this by going home to broker the peace? I think it puts him in a weak position(he already shot himself on the foot for leaving) but if he has to come out of this negotiation with any semblance of self worth he needs to quickly be on the attack no? I say he involves the family of his wife, no man likes to feel being cheated on jor.
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Blazay(m): 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2010
likeme:

This is a forum, u can disagree with her post but stop all this name calling. I wonder how your wife copes with all these attitude

I disagree.
Being single is a deadly crime. . . punishable by death. . .AFTER MARRIAGE!(I forgot to add)
What ever tomorrow holds. . . we shall deal with it.
Who is attacking the "mutterer's" personality?
Being married is not the super-hero quality. . . but staying married.
Let tomorrow bring it on. cool

MsTom:

I am so stunned that some men on here adviced the guy to go back home and live with his MIL. That is really unbiased of them knowing that women go through S**t with their hubby's mothers too.

@Poster,
This is an issue btw you and your wife. Your MIL is a third party. Talk to your wife. Find out what she wants. How can a man leave his house and the wife never called? Also, the MIL never asked her to call or the MIL never called herself? That speaks volume!!! really. Have a heart to heart discussion with her. And you, be ready for anything. Take heart to listen through it all. See, I face a tribal issue too. one thing I know is if they dont like or want you, and you are not careful, they would frustrate you out of the marriage. If you love your wife, and she loves you, talk it out. You married her and not her mother. I wonder why you waited 5years to start complaining about your MIL. Maybe you were enjoying the benefits. Anyway, that apart, you need to take drastic actions to save your marriage if it is worth it i.e if you love your wife. Leaving the house is not the solution. you actually open gaps which in the long run could ultimately kill the love between the 2 of you.

Thank you. . . jare.
Look at these chronic FB divorcees o!

eleven:

Chairman, Mr Experienced married man, you are the one advising the OP wrongly. You think you are doing him good where as you are killing him slowly and postponing the evil days. If it was just a gang up, one would understand but cheating and support from MIL. That is too much.

OP needs to draw serious rain now so that his tomorrow will be calm. MIL MUST leave his home ASAP. No excuses and no nonsense emotional justifications.

C'mmon sharrap dia.
If the MIL dies tomorrow, that woman will poison the hell out of you.
Moo moo.
Is that not the poosie you will be begging to go home to every night?
Abeg. . .go blow ya nose jare. Catarrh full for h-inside!
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by angelz(f): 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2010
U av not bin playin ur role as a man.I trust my husband, lf he doesn't like somtin he says it as it is, to wueva was around.
tho dat may b d best option now, but u av given room to so musc nonsense that has now degerate into ur not avin a say in ur house?
jus ask ur wife if it were d oda way round, how will she feel?xcept if she doesnt love u again n dont care how u feel or was lookin 4 an opportunity out of the union.Dey kno u av no place to go n u cant chase not out, so go back n sort dis issue out. If ur MIL's husband is still alive, u may av to invlov him or any other respected member of dia family dat will talk sense into her?If u wer her son wil she suppport u wife's infidelity?
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Blazay(m): 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2010
^^^
Thank you! cool

Chrisbenogor:

ROTFLMAO
But wait why do you want the OP to resolve this by going home to broker the peace? I think it puts him in a weak position(he already shot himself on the foot for leaving) but if he has to come out of this negotiation with any semblance of self worth he needs to quickly be on the attack no? I say he involves the family of his wife, no man likes to feel being cheated on jor.

It is called strategical posturing in marriage. cool
Play the weak for a while then pounce on your unsuspecting victims.
Whether you like it or not. . . .you will feel cheated at one point in time in your marriage. . .you recover quickly and continue the battle.
Please, take notes.
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2010
angelz:

U av not bin playin your role as a man.I trust my husband, lf he doesn't like somtin he says it as it is, to wueva was around.
tho dat may b d best option now, but u av given room to so musc nonsense that has now degerate into your not avin a say in your house?
jus ask your wife if it were d oda way round, how will she feel?xcept if she doesnt love u again n dont care how u feel or was lookin 4 an opportunity out of the union.Dey kno u av no place to go n u cant chase not out, so go back n sort dis issue out. If your MIL's husband is still alive, u may av to invlov him or any other respected member of dia family dat will talk sense into her?If u wer her son wil she suppport u wife's infidelity?
I dont think the FIL is around, if he is then where would he be for 5 years while his wife is away at her daughters house? If he is alive then he is too weak to control his wife, which the MIL wants to turn the OP to. Abeg let the gloves come off this is war jor.
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:23pm On Dec 22, 2010
u know wat dude, seems MIL has finally decided to have her wish to have her daughter marry from her tribe.

i believe you should go back to your house, and act like nothing really happened.

see, the thing is, they have finally decided to be rid of you, and just have'nt cooked up the courage to get rid of you themselves. staying away just answers their prayers.

what i believe you should do is go back, for-go all the "Mr Husband" tripe. BE VERY VERY NICE TO THEM (even if inside u wanna kill dem).

WATCH AND PRAY, LEST THEY KILL YOU ANYWAYS. and just watch for a few weeks, you would be very surprised, but am willing to bet they will move on out and go join mr new lover boy.

NB: the MIL is a widow i suppose, so fill in the gap. nolly wood stories actually do occur too you know.

BE VERY CAREFUL, DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO GET YOUR HARD EARNED STUFF OFF YOU CHEAPLY, DO NOT GIVE CHANCE TO POSSIBLE BLAME BEING GIVEN TO YOU FOR THE BREAK OF YOUR MARRIAGE.

i also hope if you survive the onslaught, you will have the fortitude to bear the inevitable future apology sessions (the devil is a Biaactch meen!)

prepare your mind, the time for sentimental bull is past!
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by switosman(m): 1:26pm On Dec 22, 2010
People the matter on ground is better understood from the point that "marriage is scared". The more you vee from this point show how problematic your relationship will be.  THERE IS A PURPOSE TO MARRIAGE, any person that want to rationalize differently means he/ she does not understand the purpose and so thinks its like all other realtionship. culturally, we are still intact to some extent than what is experienced in the western world.

to the matter in question, just know that there many ways to kill a rat, then why kill a rat if a rat is ment to cohabit with man. but because that is not the case, then the way you choose to accomplish the task depends on a lot of things eg: your circumstance, personalities involved, times etc but you will need to keep in focus the purpose of marriage. anything you do that is not in line with the purpose will give an undesired result.

have it in mind that "YOU ARE INSTRUCTED TO DWELL WITH YOUR WIFE WITH KNOWLEDGE", then u ask what knowledge? its knowledge of women in general, your wife's personality and attitude etc. "women are garbage in garbage out" like we say in cumputer application. think of it-: what you sow is what you reap, women are designd to receive from you nuture it for like 9months then give it back to you as a baby. this is what their whole essence is. with this in mind you will begin to fashion out ways in all you do with her with his idea as the skeleton.

God said to the woman, "unto your husband shall your desires be", understand this and you will know that anything contrary is not original and because it is not it will not last. to relate it down, if your wife mum is a widow then get to know how she lived with her husband, it will help you too but your main focus is your wife, use your brain, give her what you want to get from her.
if you want respect from her ist respect yourself by cutting out excesses. dont give her chance to abuse you but if she does neglect it like its a child talking. if you call her names, stop it and if she makes an unacceptable word to you, dont get angry just tell in a calm way eg:"I dont like what you just said and please dont repeat it again, ". if you give her an instruction and she wants to argue with you, just let her talk, hear her out and if you agree with her point take it but if you dont just say for eg; " I heard what you said but in this matter, this is what I want you to do but if you insist on your own no problem, just note it that this is want I want", if she want s to go on on it tell her and maintain your stand, "I have said what I said and I will not make further statement on that again".

if you show her that you respect yourself and you learn to talk to her inner self, its just a matter of time she will comply, she is not a devil bro.

My wife will argue and in most time she will still resort to what i told her to do. at times she makes stupid statement or send me a bad text, i will just forget it and never mention it and when she is hot, when she want to offload on me, I will let do her thing and if I cant stand it, I will try and sleep off then from that time i keep to myself, even food, i get it myself, thankgod I can cook, I dont lack bread and breaveges. Dont tell her you are not happy, show it,
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by eleven(m): 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2010
Blazay:

I disagree.
Being single is a deadly crime. . . punishable by death!
What ever tomorrow holds. . . we shall deal with it.
Who is attacking the "mutterer's" personality?
Being married is not the super-hero quality. . . but staying married.
Let tomorrow bring it on. cool

Thank you. . . jare.
Look at these chronic FB divorcees o!

C'mmon sharrap dia.
If the MIL dies tomorrow, that woman will poison the hell out of you.
Moo moo.
Is that not the poosie you will be begging to go home to every night?
Abeg. . .go blow ya nose jare. Catarrh full for h-inside!

Now I have finally confirmed you are really stupid. So sad, Imagine all the waste.
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Blazay(m): 1:28pm On Dec 22, 2010
mission_ma:

Be a man and control your home. If you need you mother-inlaw leave your home it should not be a big deal. Just make an order and it shall be so, otherwise they should give you a good reason for not taking the order. I can never leave my home for anywhere because of someone.

Gbam
Gbam
Gbamology!

You can tell the man is dying inside.
In this cold weather. . . some expect you to go and be sleeping in the office when I paid for a poosie in my house?
For another man to be perching on?
If care is not taken. . . that MIL will get some loving too. I shall create enough taboo to chase them both out of my house.
In fact. . . just show up stark-nayked in her bedroom in the middle of the night. . . with a king-sized erection.  . . grabbing those her ye-ye, Igbotic slippers of breastes for one. . .angry
Let me see how long she would live in that house. Then I will face that wife of mine and teach her a big lesson she will never forget. . .call it ra-pe or whatever. . .
Arrantus Nonsensicus!
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by MsTom(f): 1:32pm On Dec 22, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

I dont think the FIL is around, if he is then where would he be for 5 years while his wife is away at her daughters house? If he is alive then he is too weak to control his wife, which the MIL wants to turn the OP to. Abeg let the gloves come off this is war jor.

Never assume that o! Expect if the poster confirms this. My MIL was with her kids for about 6years while her hubby was at home. It happens o.
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2010
and dont let anyone decieve you into thinking you can understand a woman.

recently i was with one and we were not having any issues at all
she undertook to travel out of state without informing me, and i of course understood what was up with them when they get like that.

i of course said zip. after a while and the awkwardness was evident, the mumu tried to get info skillfully, i simply said: "woman, if you want to be treated like a princess, behave like one. do not behave like a gutter rat, and expect to be coddled and pampered"

2 days later, the fool told me that she felt i humiliated her, she never asked to be pampered, etc etc, i asked, you mean you know not how to read inbetween the lines?

she has since stayed away. problem solved!!

@ poster, the same logic applies to you, behaving like a prima donna, beating your manly gorilla chest aint gonna cut it, neither will playing chicken.

am very surprised you were married for 5 years and dont know how to manipulate your wife, shame!

my friend go back home and go play the game
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Blazay(m): 1:36pm On Dec 22, 2010
^^^

K[/b]orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrect !!! cool Don't mind these miserable single peeps. Always looking for who will join them on Face Book like romantic vultures.

eleven:

Now I have finally confirmed you are really silly. So sad, Imagine all the waste.

You need to go to the romance and sexuality se[b]x[/b]tion please. . . with all those 'can I [b]mate
with you' threads over there and you will find many desperate singles there.
This is called "family' se[b]x[/b]tion. . . no singles allowed. Living with your parents does not mean 'family'.
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by switosman(m): 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2010
@ blazy, is not just about gaining control of your home, its also about maintaining that control ever after.

deal with the wife and the MIL maintain.

control frick MIL's trive where son in laws loose control.

I witness a case a MIL was advicing her daughter but she told her pointblank, her husband will not allow that.
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2010
Its a pity things turned this way in your marriage. As much as i commend the advise you'v been given so far, pls some are not workable but will only add salt to injury. Moreover, God is the originator of marriage hence we should seek His guidiance when problem arise in marriage. Look for any Jehovah's witness around you and request for one of their 192 page book entitled"THE SECRET OF FAMILY HAPPINESS". I tell you you'll not regret you did. After reading it try to apply the solutions stated therein and draw your wife's attention to the subjects that you feel will help both of you mostly.
My prayer is that the originator of marriage; God help to restore peace and order in your family!
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Blazay(m): 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2010
switosman:

@ blazy, is not just about gaining control of your home, its also about maintaining that control ever after.

deal with the wife and the MIL maintain.

control frick MIL's trive where son in laws loose control.

I witness a case a MIL was advising her daughter but she told her pointblank, her husband will not allow that.

Any real man can control these situations.
Divorce is not an option YET!

No, you are wrong. Dead wrong. This is all about controlling a home. . . the man is supposed to be the head of his home. . . not the MIL.
He has failed in that regard and must get back on the program. Or get a divorce. Sleeping in his office is NOT an option.
No, the MIL is not the control frick here. . .the wife is being manipulative.
Typical women.
Too bad the OP does not recognize that.

The wife is to blame for all this and too bad she has chosen to treat her marriage with such levity.
The man needs to show her who the boss is. cool

The only thing I can gather from all this is that the MIL and the wife are the bread winners of this home hence he can leave the house for them to go and sleep in his office. Not in this my house I say. Not gonna happen.

OP. . . wia yu dey?
I hope you have had a lot of popular opinions huh?
Please, don't join these Face Book vultures of romance into singledom o!
You are married. . . you stay married or face a life of misery after your divorce.
Ask them. cheesy

Divorcees are extremely miserable people. . . don't join them please.
Do the right thing and move back home.

Being single after marriage is a huge demotion. . . .it is better you were never married at all.
But you are married. . .please stay married. If the wife leaves on her own. . . all well and good.
Do not ever run away from your own house.
NEVER!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sponsoring Relatives To Study Abroad / N20,000 Tradermoni Tears Adamawa Couple Apart As Husband Drags Wife To Court / For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.