Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,748 members, 7,875,867 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:02 AM

Date Gone Wrong - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Date Gone Wrong (1115 Views)

Blind Date Gone Wrong: See How This Lady Missed Out On Being A Landlord's Wife / Blind Date Gone Wrong: Pretty 23years Old Girl Dares Older Guy To Round Of S.ex / One Night Stand Gone Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Date Gone Wrong by Thoseen30(m): 7:05am On Mar 07, 2020
So this man told me a story of how he invited a lady out and ended up regretting doing that . This was how the story went..

Let's call him Yomi and the babe (Yetunde)

So Yomi met this particular lady through a friend , they got talking and he was really enjoying her vibe....
He hasn't dated anyone in a long time since his job is very demanding and he has gotten comfortable with himself. But still he decided to give it a go.
Yomi asked her out on a date, they agreed to go to the restaurant around 7pm. Let's fast forward to D day....
Yomi called Yetunde around 6:00pm and told her he would be coming to pick her up around 6:50pm, so basically he was giving her 50 minutes to dress up and do whatever it is she wants to do. I think that's reasonable enough time, yeah?
Mind you, Yomi is a stickler for.

punctuality, he hates being late and he has told Yetunde about it during one of their conversations.
So by 6:40pm, Yomi was already on his way and he told yetunde about it and she told him not to worry that she was almost done anyways. Baba got to her place by 6:48pm and called..
her to come outside, hmmmmm, na where wahala start be this. Yetunde told him to chill that she just needs to put some finishing touch to her make up.
30 minutes after, Yomi is still waiting, he kept calling her every 10 minutes but she wasn't even picking up anymore...He was so annoyed but just decided to ride it out. Yetunde finally came out about an hour later looking like a meal Smiling face with heart-shaped eyesSmiling face with heart-shaped eyes, all ravishing, and very beautiful.
You would think that would calm Yomi's nerve right?
But do you know what he did??

ps: all Yetunde said when she came out was "sorry i was late, lol" was blinking like a barbie doll.
Well, Yomi opened the car door for her like a gentleman, took her to the restaurant. When they got there, he opened the door for her again, he got into his car, then he took off...
On his way home he shoot her text saying "I don't condone lateness, so we can't work out, have a nice life"

so question for y'all.
is anybody to be blamed? if yes, who?
what would you have done better if you were the guy/lady?
is this a W/L for the guy/lady?
what y'all don't know is, "first impressions matters, like it matters alot!!"

I'm still not supporting anybody tho

Is the guy at fault or the lady?
Re: Date Gone Wrong by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 07, 2020
Both are at fault angry

1 Like

Re: Date Gone Wrong by Thoseen30(m): 7:11am On Mar 07, 2020
walcruise:
Both are at fault angry
Lol even the guy?
Re: Date Gone Wrong by NextD18: 7:12am On Mar 07, 2020
Your impression on a first date matters a lot.

In my opinion; The lady alone is at fault because she didn't keep to the agreed time, which could be a very big turn off for a busy guy who had to schedule out time to go on a day wit her.

The guy had to handle and express his dislike for the behavior and anger towards the lady the way he felt will be okay for him. So I don't condemn him on anything.

4 Likes

Re: Date Gone Wrong by scrolldown88: 7:12am On Mar 07, 2020
He could have left instead of waiting for her to make up though. All the other drama is unnecessary.

Conclusion: both yomi and yetunde are ladies

3 Likes

Re: Date Gone Wrong by yanabasee(m): 7:17am On Mar 07, 2020
Some stories eh....

1 Like

Re: Date Gone Wrong by Thoseen30(m): 7:33am On Mar 07, 2020
NextD18:
Your impression on a first date matters a lot.

In my opinion; The lady alone is at fault because she didn't keep to the agreed time, which could be a very big turn off for a busy guy who had to schedule out time to go on a day wit her.

The guy had to handle and express his dislike for the behavior and anger towards the lady the way he felt will be okay for him. So I don't condemn him on anything.
He should at least talk to her about it so incase of next time
Re: Date Gone Wrong by Thoseen30(m): 7:36am On Mar 07, 2020
scrolldown88:
He could have left instead of waiting for her to make up though. All the other drama is unnecessary.

Conclusion: both yomi and yetunde are ladies

Hahaha why ladies
Re: Date Gone Wrong by NextD18: 7:37am On Mar 07, 2020
Thoseen30:

People have their ways of dealing with anger.

The earlier you understand this the better for you.

4 Likes

Re: Date Gone Wrong by Thoseen30(m): 7:41am On Mar 07, 2020
NextD18:

People have their ways of dealing with anger.

The earlier you understand this the better for you.
Are you telling me that, waiting for an hour, driving to the restaurant and wasting your time is dealing with anger Abi mumu nature
Re: Date Gone Wrong by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 07, 2020
Both are wrong. For the lady it's obvious. But for the guy a better way of handling it would have been to call her maybe 15 or 30 mins after 7pm telling her he had to leave cos he couldn't keep waiting for her. And then tell her how he likes to keep to time. Usually such ladies won't appreciate that such a man can make them better at least in that aspect. They'd be blinded by the annoyance of the time wasted in painting and faking their looks...

2 Likes

Re: Date Gone Wrong by Thoseen30(m): 7:52am On Mar 07, 2020
[quote author=DominusPrime post=87231554]Both are wrong. For the lady it's obvious. But for the guy a better way of handling it would have been to call her maybe 15 or 30 mins after 7pm telling her he had to leave cos he couldn't keep waiting for her. And then tell her how he likes to keep to time. Usually such ladies won't appreciate that such a man can make them better at least in that aspect. They'd be blinded by the annoyance of the time wasted in painting and faking their looks...[/quot
I like your take, communication is the key
Re: Date Gone Wrong by luvyaself95(m): 8:37am On Mar 07, 2020
The lady is at fault for getting late all because of makeup that dumb thing not even because of traffic maybe because i hate makeup sha.

1 Like

Re: Date Gone Wrong by Thoseen30(m): 8:42am On Mar 07, 2020
luvyaself95:
The lady is at fault for getting late all because of makeup that dumb thing not even because of traffic maybe because i hate makeup sha.
lol you should
Re: Date Gone Wrong by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 07, 2020
[quote author=Thoseen30 post=87231716][/quote]
Thanks thoseen30

1 Like

Re: Date Gone Wrong by MARX77(m): 9:57am On Mar 07, 2020
I completely understand both of them but one thing about me is I give a number of chances before reacting, if I tell u same thing more than 2 times, Alaye... I pity u if I react... Bae is tired of calling me beast already, lol
Re: Date Gone Wrong by punisha: 11:30am On Mar 07, 2020
sad

My sentiments since I last saw this on twitter hasn't changed.

I will Carry that lady to another state and drop her there then we now apologize to each other and start allover again.
As a single lady with no responsibilities like preparing three kids for church service how dare u keep a man waiting for over 1hr 30mins?
Even after she was warned.

Some will say it's her testing the guys patience. Patience kill her there.
That's sheer wickedness.
chief scummander with an ugly behavior.

1 Like

Re: Date Gone Wrong by punisha: 11:44am On Mar 07, 2020
Thoseen30:

So the first time talking to her about lateness was not enough?
He needs a second and third maybe fourth n fifth talk before it will get into her head right?

Ever considered that this might be her habit and it takes a reaction like that to help her break the stupid lateness habit ?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Thoughts On A Girlfriend That Wants To Always Party? / Woman Killed By Alligator After Going To Pond To Try And Pet It [video] / I Caught My Wife Cheating With A Transvestite.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.