Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,803 members, 7,886,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 12:31 AM

Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 (15430 Views)

91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths / 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths / Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by seunmohmoh(f): 8:48am On Mar 07, 2020
Omg!!! I have prayed it never enters Serbia.
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 07, 2020
This Italian problem escalated due to negligence on the part of the hospital staffs that handled the first case in one part of Italy.
The patients were left unquarantined, no isolation, and within few days were send back to the public just like that and the hospital even refused to report the cases.

By the time they know what is happening, the thing has spread like hurricane.

From investigations carried out, the affected people have connection to that same hospital.

I was shocked when I read this.
A whole developed country.
The president is mad. That hospital staffs are in deep shit after this.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by darlenese(f): 8:52am On Mar 07, 2020
Italian man fully covered now eats amala.
maybe Italians should try eating amala that may be the solution to corona virus
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 07, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Omg!!! I have prayed it never enters Serbia.

Are you in Serbia
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 07, 2020
sassysure:
This Italian problem escalated due to negligence on the part of the hospital staffs that handled the first case in one part of Italy.
The patients were left unquarantined, no isolation, and within few days were send back to the public just like that and the hospital even refused to report the cases.

By the time they know what is happening, the thing has spread like hurricane.

From investigations carried out, the affected people have connection to that same hospital.

I was shocked when I read this.
A whole developed country.
The president is mad. That hospital staffs are in deep shit after this.

Maybe the hospital staff were not properly equipped (training-wise) at that point in time to handle such a situation considering the novelty of the disease.

If that is the case, then I think the bulk falls at the table of the health hierarchy in that country rather than the workers at that hospital. Maybe they should have done more to prepare the staff as to what to expect and how to handle such situations beforehand.

But then, Italy is new to this. Unlike certain countries that have seen this before. Or rather, something close to it.
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by Angelfrost(m): 8:59am On Mar 07, 2020
anonym0us:
sad it's been clear, some European countries don't have what it takes to fight this virus.. I'm proud of Nigeria for the first time in my life

Please, don't flatter yourself just yet... Coronavirus, like most viruses, are intolerant to temperatures above 28 degrees... This makes Italy more susceptible.

Equally, International entry into Nigeria is a far cry from the influx into Italy on a daily basis.

Nigeria is merely privileged not exactly more prepared or equipped than these other nations... Don't allow the idiotic chestbeating of your health ministry fool you.

All in all, we thank God for little mercies!!!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by teejnation(m): 9:01am On Mar 07, 2020
When the world power holders are done playing games, the celebrity virus named Covid-19 will surely die down. United states of America I hail o... May God help us on this
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by Olominira(m): 9:05am On Mar 07, 2020
teejnation:
When the world power holders are done playing games, the celebrity virus named Covid-19 will surely die down. United states of America I hail o... May God help us on this
US case may be worst. They have been downplaying it
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 07, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Maybe the hospital staff were not properly equipped (training-wise) at that point in time to handle such a situation considering the novelty of the disease.

If that is the case, then I think the bulk falls at the table of the health hierarchy in that country rather than the workers at that hospital. Maybe they should have done more to prepare the staff as to what to expect and how to handle such situations beforehand.

But then, Italy is new to this. Unlike certain countries that have seen this before. Or rather, something close to it.
It wasn't that.

If u are not properly equipped, alert the necessary authority. They didn't.
They were handled like people that came in for cold and flu and dismissed.
No conoravirus case reported in the hospital chart.

And all over the world people are already aware of the virus.
As it worsened, almost all of them in that place has connection with the hospital.
The simply fkked up. This is a case that would have been properly managed.

If u have been following this, it's restricted to some part of Italy.

I'm hoping they will bring it down like they did in wuhan.
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by CanadaOrBust: 9:10am On Mar 07, 2020
anonym0us:
sad it's been clear, some European countries don't have what it takes to fight this virus.. I'm proud of Nigeria for the first time in my life

IT IS THE WEATHER!!!!
It has nothing to do with Nigeria! Don’t be deceived.
For example America has banned flights or automatic quarantine for all those from high risk places. Nigeria has done none. Not even people from Wuhan!
With this attitude just think what would have happened if our weather was cold!
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by guy222: 9:13am On Mar 07, 2020
Randy100:
It is not as deadly as people thought.
you say wetin?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by CanadaOrBust: 9:15am On Mar 07, 2020
Olominira:

Typical misinformation. See below.
Your country has not even automatic quarantine for even Wuhan. We are only LUCKY we have hot weather

Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by EmmanuelBanks: 9:21am On Mar 07, 2020
Shibaraba:
Them still want play serieA today. Watch how the thing go spread after today

mumu I knew you dint read the post....dint you see where it was said that all seria A matches will be played behind closed doors...chai Africa Man
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by teejnation(m): 9:21am On Mar 07, 2020
Olominira:

Maybe "If we walking in the market place we shouldn't throw stones, it might hit of their own really bad"
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by IamgratefulLord(f): 9:22am On Mar 07, 2020
anonym0us:
Do you even watch CNN?? Or other cable TV news?? Didn't you hear that the virus can't stand African's hot weather ( scourging sun) Who told you we have what it takes to contain the virus?? God in His infinite mercies knows why Africa has this kind of weather at this time of the year. The deadly virus can't survive in this region because of the scourging sun. Lets give God thanks!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by guy222: 9:26am On Mar 07, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
Even as we speak there are Edo people in Lybia dying to enter Italy

FTC! FTC!!

Meanwhile I think the below is mere coincidence.
Whatcha think?
bros i take God beg u, wia u buy the igbo(weed) wey u smoke? he be like say i go need dam 2
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by Olominira(m): 9:39am On Mar 07, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Typical misinformation. See below.
Your country has not even automatic quarantine for even Wuhan. We are only LUCKY we have hot weather
Are you in the US at the moment? People can't get access to the test. How would you know If you have or not and the spread continues while in Nigeria govt is encouraging people to come forward. Nigeria has really shown they're far more intelligent and proactive here despite poor economy
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by Justarandomguy: 9:42am On Mar 07, 2020
Humans :corona virus killed 3000 people globally so far, everyone is in trouble.
Ebola and the flu: am I a joke to you
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by RaptorX: 9:44am On Mar 07, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by aimuan(m): 9:50am On Mar 07, 2020
ursullalinda:
Good help us and find a cure please.
Is there cure for HIV,Cancer and other diseases yet?why not pray to God yo also provide cure for them?
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by CanadaOrBust: 9:57am On Mar 07, 2020
guy222:
bros i take God beg u, wia u buy the igbo(weed) wey u smoke? he be like say i go need dam 2

My dealer is here in Lagos, around Ojuelegba. But u r derailing - what has that to do with the topic?
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 07, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Indeed your imbecility is 'genuine'.

That same crumbling health system(damn horrible, I must not fail to admit) took care of the Ebola virus. Have you forgotten?

There is something called antecedents. In situations such as this, Nigeria has it 100%.

Meanwhile, keep 'praying' to your God of stupidity to heal you rather than for countries far afield.

Dunce.

Must you? So your country antecedents has been curing heavy menace. Nigeia cured Ebola or curtailed Ebola? Sorry you are too low
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by CanadaOrBust: 10:12am On Mar 07, 2020
Olominira:

Are you in the US at the moment? People can't get access to the test. How would you know If you have or not and the spread continues while in Nigeria govt is encouraging people to come forward. Nigeria has really shown they're far more intelligent and proactive here despite poor economy

MISINFORMATION!
I know winter is flu season in US. Everybody has symptoms of corona. How can u test them all??
Example, the poorest part of Italy is Sicily. But they only had one case - a tourist - BECAUSE IT IS HOT. Not because Sicily is “more intelligent and proactive“!

US banned people from China entering the country long ago. Something Nigeria has not done till date.
—————————-

Anyone can be tested for novel coronavirus, subject to a doctor's orders: Pence
Officials say up to a million tests should be available by the end of the week.

By
Stephanie Ebbs
March 3, 2020, 6:52 PM ET

The Centers for Disease Control is issuing new guidance that anyone can be tested for COVID-19 with no restrictions, subject to a doctor's orders, Vice President Mike Pence announced in a briefing with reporters Tuesday evening.

The CDC's previous guidance was limited to people who traveled to countries affected by the novel coronavirus outbreaks and came in contact with a diagnosed patient or showed severe symptoms. But Pence said several governors raised concerns that people with only mild symptoms wouldn't be tested.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/tested-covid-19-subject-doctors-orders-pence/story%3fid=69366725
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by JasonBoss: 10:38am On Mar 07, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Indeed your imbecility is 'genuine'.

That same crumbling health system(damn horrible, I must not fail to admit) took care of the Ebola virus. Have you forgotten?

There is something called antecedents. In situations such as this, Nigeria has it 100%.

Meanwhile, keep 'praying' to your God of stupidity to heal you rather than for countries far afield.

Dunce.

Let us face the fact, when Nigeria mean business they will do it till the end.. I was Amazed on how they controlled the Ebola situation Which would have been a disaster. That shiit got a mortality rate of 90% while coronavirus got 3/4 mortality rate.

Nigeria handled the Ebola nd Coronavirus situation well.

But then again i pray we don't have a community spread like what's happening in USA nd CANADA.

Coronavirus have been moving freely in USA undetected for weeks until a lady got the bug and she had not travel out nor had contact with does who traveled to hard hit countries.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by einsteine(m): 10:46am On Mar 07, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
Italy has overtaken Iran with the number of deaths from the virus and may soon overtake Iran tor the number of confirmed cases. How did it get this bad?

They are very affectionate in their greetings. Too much body contact
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 07, 2020
Reference:
This is truly frightening. It means that at even at a low 3 percent mortality if this infection touches every human on earth we could see a population the size of Nigeria completely wiped off the face of the earth....some 240 million people. Little wonder the WHO remains focused on the spread rather than the cure.

But for goodness sake where have virologists reached on the vaccine. They have sequenced the DNA of this virus weeks ago, what is holding back the process of designing the toggle switch. The world should be throwing money at them. The company that hits the vaccine first will be worth billions overnight.
The virus is not as deadly as you think. If it was like the black death the world for don half by now. Africa would not be existing self.
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by Ezyp(m): 10:49am On Mar 07, 2020
Adeling:
The worst problem we ever had and still having is our leaders.
Neither virus, nor tsunami, nor any form of natural disaster can befall us like our leaders do.
Nigerians are resilient folks, if only God will just give us a good leader.

If we can come together to flush out the wicked and greedy leaders we have. We will be saved.

Emmmmm..... seasonal lassa fever and daily ancident coupled with fulani herdsmen nko?
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 07, 2020
IamgratefulLord:
Do you even watch CNN?? Or other cable TV news?? Didn't you hear that the virus can't stand African's hot weather ( scourging sun) Who told you we have what it takes to contain the virus?? God in His infinite mercies knows why Africa has this kind of weather at this time of the year. The deadly virus can't survive in this region because of the scourging sun. Lets give God thanks!! smiley
What about malaria, meningitis and malnutrition that has slaughtered hundreds of thousands in Nigeria.
We are just lucky.
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by Allexandero: 11:11am On Mar 07, 2020
NOwazobia:
Active middlemen and consumers of the Corona product. Italy is good for business.

https://www.santeinfo.com.ng/2020/03/coronavirus-and-our-community.html

Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by Randy100: 11:33am On Mar 07, 2020
guy222:
you say wetin?
The statistics is there for you to see.
Re: Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 by 1jimax: 12:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
KmniAutos:

Your jobs are very clean ...hope you won't kill us with charges ooo grin
At all, my charges are pocket friendly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Experience In The Hands Of Nigerian Nurses / Bayelsa Diagnostic Center At Imgbi, Yenogoa (Photos) / Sniffing Women’s Tears Reduces Male Aggression By 44% - New Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.