Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,540 members, 7,917,689 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 01:12 PM

Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom (2091 Views)

Akpabio: I Appointed Antai Into NDDC Board Because Antai Doesn't Eat Alone. / Akpabio: I Only Endorsed Him, If He Fails I Am Not Responsible - Ali Ndume / Akpabio: I Was Called Killer Herdsman By Men Of God After I Dumped PDP For APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 07, 2020
I WAS WARNED ABOUT UDOM
Someone came and met me with the would-be governor then at the airport. The person was also a managing director of a bank and said, ‘please don’t try it. I am in the industry with him. Don’t try it, you will regret it. You will be betrayed, don’t try it.’ And I told him the man is going to hear you, lets go outside and talk, and he said no, no, no, bet here, you will regret it. And it did not take long, the same person came to me, and said, ‘didn’t I tell you?’ Another person whose name I can mention is Ali Modu Sherif. He came here to receive PhD from the University of Uyo and as soon as he heard it, he shouted… no, no, no…. and the man was standing there. And the man said ‘His Excellency’ and he said no, no, no, don’t your Excellency! These people from the so called corporate world, they look down on us the rest of us who are politicians. When they have the opportunity, they abandon us. Your supporters will be abandoned. He will go and bring all sorts of people and they will start insulting you. He said I have experience and my successor was one of them. I looked at him and he kept shouting and shouting.

I AM UKO AKWA IBOM NOT UKO UKANA
The Chieftaincy title that I hold, given to me by the 31 local government areas is UKO AKWA IBOM. So I won’t make that mistake that they made on Zik - from Zik of Africa, they made him Owelle of Onitsha. I am UKO AKWA IBOM, till I die. Don’t reduce me to Uko Ukana. I am sorry, but that’s the simple truth. I am officially, the IBEREDEM IBIBIO, given to me by the traditional rulers of Ibibio land. I am also OBONG IMAN, amongst the Attah of Eket, I am one of the Attah of Eket, are you aware of that? I am an Attah . I was coronated Attah of Eket. So, there’s no local government in Akwa Ibom that did not give me chieftaincy title, but the only one that I use is the one they described as UKO AKWA IBOM. And it represents all of you.

THE CONTROVERSY OVER MY USA VISA
I woke up one morning and I was informed that I had a visa interview at the embassy. And you know, my sister Amadie Akpabio died and I was to attend her burial ceremony at the United States of America, but I later discovered that my visa had expired five days earlier, So, I couldn’t go. It was only my wife that attended. When I reached the embassy, there was no Nigerian who did not see me and they were shouting ‘Your Excellency, Your Excellency,’ so it turned out to be a meeting point. So, I met a lot of people. So as soon as I got there, the person who was to do the interview asked me, ‘where are you traveling to?’ and I said ‘I’m not traveling.’ He asked me why and I told him that they just told me that I have interview. My visa has expired and I need to have visa, so that I can travel anytime I feel like. So, he said, Sir, can you sit down and wait for a few minutes. He came back and said to me, ‘excuse me sir, are you the former governor of Akwa Ibom State?’ And I said ‘Yes.’ And he said that the Ambassador sought my audience that he was supposed to see me on Tuesday. On Tuesday, the Ambassador wants to pay a courtesy call on you, Sir, why don’t you come through the VIP entrance, so you can see him. And I told him that I’ve been here for over three hours, that I’ve been here since 9am. And he asked me what happened, and I told that I don’t know. I told him that I just woke up and I was told that I have visa interview, so the man said ‘lets inform the ambassador’ and I said not now. If I’ve spent this long here, I don’t want a situation where you tell me, come through the VIP and I have to wait for some more hours. Tell him that the appointment for Tuesday stands that I will wait for him on Tuesday. He then asked me to pay for the visa and I paid and left. And my protocol officer went there two days later and picked up the visa. And they gave me two years visa in my Diplomatic passport. I think the problem was that length of time that it takes a normal person to go from line to line until you go for the interview. I think that’s what people saw and they thought that they refused Akpabio visa. Or maybe they will be saying, ‘why did he line up with people?’ I have my visa, in fact, it is with me here.

GOVERNOR UDOM’S FATHER’S BURIAL
If you ask me, I will say that I was not invited. But even if I was not invited, I did what the Bible says ‘mourn with those who mourn.’ I had prepared to go for the burial, so I sent my protocol team to Government House to enquire about arrangements. They were told to leave that thing and they came back to inform me. So, I quietly stayed back. But my wife was there. If you check the seats there was none that was labelled ‘Senator Akpabio.’ So, I was not invited.

WHEN I WAS A STUDENT I COULD NOT TALK TO AN IGBO GIRL
Today, you will see Igbos coming to marry Akwa Ibom children here. The daughter of Ojukwu, who was in the Federal High Court is getting married to an Akwa Ibom boy. Yesterday was the traditional marriage. Are you aware of that? An Akwa Ibom son marrying to Justice Ojukwu’s daughter. On Saturday, that boy is going to bring the wedding to Uyo. And the girl is Igbo. When I was a student, how dare you talk to an Igbo girl when they were looking down on us? Far away in Port Harcourt, they used to call us ‘momo’ men. When they charter this Waterline bus to bring us back there, they will go and write on top of it, nobody respected us. So whether you like it or not, my tenure as governor of Akwa Ibom brought respect to you and your children.”

MIND WHAT YOU WRITE, REMEMBER WE HAVE CHILDREN
Your voice moulds the society. Your writing moulds the society. What you want people to believe is what they will believe. I hope you understand? And in doing so, make sure that breaking news does not break the society. Neither does it break the spinal cord of the person you are going to write about. Do you know that there’s a kind of news you give and the person collapses on the spot. “Honourable Minister of Niger Delta admitted for Corona-Virus” God forbid. I am just giving an example. Immediately, the first thing you don’t notice is that the man has children. My child that sees it, will probably collapse first and be rushed to the hospital. Later the child will then call the Mummy to know how serious the situation is. But when you were breaking the news, you were laughing inside your room.

WHERE I DISAGREE WITH ANTAI
Antai was saying here ‘we want to takeover government so we can benefit,’ da it is not every government that you takeover and benefit. Am I benefiting? Start praying for a good person to come. Don’t pray to takeover the government, because you can takeover a government and that government turns around and oppresses you. I am sorry to say that because that is the only disagreement I have with him. Because of what he was saying. He said we must work hard to takeover government, but what we really should be doing is write positively about someone and project that person positively. We need a leader that will come and touch our lives and touch the state.

I WANT NIGERIANS TO UNDERSTAND THE MAN BUHARI
This president has achieved so much. I am not saying this because I am talking politics, I am saying this because I am a minister. If you sit at the Federal Executive council, you will be amazed. I have a vision to produce a short video with the caption ‘the Buhari I did not know.’ Before I entered APC, just like any other person, you could say anything about the opposition and all that, but truthfully speaking, Nigeria owes Buhari an apology for the years of misunderstanding. He passionately loves Nigeria. He does not chose projects for this country on the basis of pecuniary interest. The truth is, in terms of being able to put things on ground, he’s doing his best.

WHEN I RETIRE FROM POLITICS I WILL DRIVE AROUND WITH ROPES IN THE BOOT OF MY CAR
There is no community you will mention that I will walk into that they will not give me gifts. So, as soon as I retire from this job I am doing now, I will be going about with ropes in my boot and I will behave the way one bishop did when my mother died in the year 2000. When he finished preaching, we were all crying, I then said he should be given a goat, and he said ‘No’ since we were still mourning. Suddenly the goat broke away from the rope and he shouted, hold him, run after it and bring it back. He then opened his boot and brought out a rope and said, “use this one because it won’t cut”, which means when he came, he was expecting a goat, but when we offered to give him the goat, he objected to it and said that the mourning was too serious, but he opened his boot to bring out a good rope for us to tie the goat - we used that rope to tie the goat and we put the same goat in his boot. But at least, he showed some compassion. So that is what I will be doing, when I visit your compound and you want to give me a goat, I will say, don’t worry because your children are too many, but when the goat breaks away , I will open my boot and bring out a good rope to tie that goat.

WHEN I WAS GOVERNOR I MADE FRIENDS FOR MYSELF WITH THE UNRIGHTEOUS MAMMON
At the end of it all, it is your work that will determine your services, that’s why the Bible says ‘make friends for yourself, by means of unrighteous mammon, so that when it fails, people will receive you in the eternal habitation. That mammon could be money, it could be position, it could be your pen. Use it to make friends for yourself, righteous or unrighteous. But it said ‘unrighteous mammon’ so that on the day you are no longer able to write, others would be able to aide you and receive you in the eternal habitation. For me, that is the position of leadership, wherever you find yourself, use it to make friends for yourself, so that in the future, people will receive you into eternal habitation. May we say Amen.

Adapted from Global Post Newspaper
Ukpong Ekam

Re: Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by Witcher(f): 12:47pm On Mar 07, 2020
Hmm
Re: Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by ziegurf(m): 1:07pm On Mar 07, 2020
Oga this is your personal matter so go and face it

.....whether you're okuko of ikorabasi it's none of our deals here

you people doesn't have the masses at heart that's my annoyance

....and if checked properly, you must have a hand in what oshiomole is going through right away because that's what you people are capable of doing, who nor know nor go know

Ndi nmong.....

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 07, 2020
Stupidity of Nigerian politician always crying holy holy for their gullible peasants...

You loot their treasure and also expect them to worship you, I hail oooo great comedian..

1 Like

Re: Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by brexit: 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2020
I always like your views
Re: Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by TIKAMBABA1(m): 7:29pm On Mar 07, 2020
Oh! Akpabio, my Akpabio, gonna love this man till i die.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by SouthNigerian: 7:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
Not sure about the credibility of this report, but if true that Godswill Akpabio said those fuckery as stated in the long epistle, then I can reaffirm that Akpabio is nothing close to a good leader.

He was talking about how he was warned against making Wike his successor disregarding the efforts of the voters... talking like though our votes doesn't count, very very disrespectful.
Re: Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by Lcf69(m): 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2020
Gov.Godswill Akpabio the uncommon Transformer.I sight your Politics for 2023... Pinned.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2020
The governor that set a standard..I respect u sir
Ur good vision for our people will.come to pass

1 Like

Re: Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
Fine girls dey Nairaland sha. I'm humbled
Re: Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by Villagemeat: 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
The governor that set a standard..I respect u sir
Ur good vision for our people will.come to pass
But if he was still in PDP,you would have call him a corrupted politician. APC,party of the saint
Re: Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by ican2020: 11:14pm On Mar 07, 2020
So, you wanted to use him as an errand boy, anufia

1 Like

Re: Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by sapientia(m): 2:25am On Mar 08, 2020
This man is an idiot.

So you decided because a state decided to make you governor, you can decide their next governor.

Clown.

Nonsensical ingredients.

As this thing pain me eeh.

Ewu

1 Like

Re: Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
sapientia:
This man is an idiot.

So you decided because a state decided to make you governor, you can decide their next governor.

Clown.

Nonsensical ingredients.

As this thing pain me eeh.

Ewu
lol
Re: Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by realstars: 5:18am On Mar 09, 2020
Sai
Re: Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:21am On Mar 09, 2020
Southern politicians !!!
Always pursuing some irrelevant beef
Re: Akpabio - I Was Warned About Udom by chozzy: 5:39am On Mar 09, 2020
Udom is doing very well.
Akwa Ibom is moving forward
South South is matching on

That's all that really matters
Akpabio, Oshiomole, Amaechi etc can all go to hell
Bleep them all

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Holds Teleconference Meeting With Covid-19 Taskforce Members / COVID-19: Even Enemies Will Benefit From My Food Palliatives - Nnamdi Kanu / Why The Igbos Will Always Be Ahead Of Other Tribes In Nigeria – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.