Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,611 members, 7,885,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:17 AM

What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? (53772 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by julyb(m): 6:53am On Mar 09, 2020
HxddsdhhxhHxasxsszszsssszssssaadasassssssssssssssquote author=fisherboy post=87280217] grin ;Dhahaha mine was a gift in disguise, because this guy duped me 170,000 in 2006 together with other people too with the plan to help us move to Germany, osssssssssddsssssssssssssdssssssssssdssssssssssssssssassssasssadaasssssssssddsssdsadsdssassdssdsaaasasasaddsasadasassaaassssdssssassssasssssdassssssssaaaddyaauaddadraenly to leave us stranded in a hotel at Maryland Lagos all the way from port Harcourt.... but thank God he left us there an not in one of this desert like hear people go through to cross to Europe ;Dhahaha mine wassd a gift in disguise, because this guy duped me 170,000 in 2006 together with other people too with the plan to help us move to Germany, only to leave us stranded in a hotel at Maryland Lagos all the way from port Harcourt.... but thank God he left us there an not in one of this desert like hear people go through to cross to Europe[/quote]
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by howmarket2: 6:53am On Mar 09, 2020
DropsMic:

In 2004 my uncle asked i and my brothers what we wanted him to get for us. Being teenagers then we asked for a console game... You won't believe this dude legit sent us a well packaged Family con.. I later sold it for 250 naira to one Wilson guy complete with the pad and infrared gun..

Thinking about it now, i feel if we had specified the type of game we wanted him for buy am because dude was rich

yes I was also a teenager in 2004 but you should have just said ps2.cos I remember 2004 I already had a ps1.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by duduade: 6:54am On Mar 09, 2020
shogsman:

You people with your overly right attitude,let me give you and isntance,you have a Samsung s8 and an iPhone 11pro max and you got another 11pro max as a birthday gift ,would you continue to use the 3phone knowing how much it could Fetch you just because you want to prove a point

Please stop explaining your reasons

You owe no one explanations
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by fattprince(m): 6:56am On Mar 09, 2020
Well I have one that doesn't stay there but goes there like he's going to market. Thank God, he is the one sponsoring my university school fees. And also upkeep. I'm really grateful to him. Thank you sir
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by BiafranBushBoy: 6:57am On Mar 09, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
Electric doll when I was 10...

After that, countless eye masks. undecided

How you?
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by fotadmowmend(m): 7:02am On Mar 09, 2020
Socks
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by pocohantas(f): 7:06am On Mar 09, 2020
lepasharon:

Leave them. Everytime they call their family abroad it's always one issue or the other that involves money. They always make the convo about them.
Never just to say hello.

Lol, don’t mind them. Anyway, Nigeria is very hard and some tell themselves that parting with few dollars/pounds wouldn’t hurt the diasporan.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:13am On Mar 09, 2020
cenaman:
Even Cotonou na abroad na � � �

even Accra na abroad

na must say person go get abroad relative?
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by tchidi066(f): 7:14am On Mar 09, 2020
MichaelSokoto:

fixed!

don't thank me, thank God!
cool
Okay... If you say so
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Kiloseria: 7:14am On Mar 09, 2020
Na today, no be when you get person there.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Thegoodone13(m): 7:17am On Mar 09, 2020
#250,000 naira. The guy is good but his parents are bad. His daddy is my uncle. The guy gave me $ but his parents change it and gave me #250,000 which is below what he sent.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Kaytex: 7:18am On Mar 09, 2020
Mine sent invitation letter for I hubby and children and footed d travelling expenses for us all to visit. Sent a big box of new baby clothes when I was expectant years back. Paid fees for study in Canada for me but they no give d visa despite meeting all d requirement.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by rolams(m): 7:20am On Mar 09, 2020
I get anybody abroad? I beg, make I Waka pass jare!
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Mizwisdom(f): 7:22am On Mar 09, 2020
pocohantas:
Make we start to give them small na. No matter how little. This attitude of always expecting from them is what makes them block our numbers.

Anyway, I really can’t pick out one. I just know I have gotten lots of pleasant surprises from them- by not asking.

Looking at the topic again, they weren’t even RELATIVES. Mostly friends, with the most surprising being from a Nlder. smiley

Gist us about the Nairalander grin
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Deicide: 7:23am On Mar 09, 2020
pocohantas:

Try dey use your brain na.

Na joke I day o, no vex grin I just wan look for trouble.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Myself2(m): 7:25am On Mar 09, 2020
Abroad relative ?

What's that ?? angry
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by skukimania(f): 7:27am On Mar 09, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:

U don't know me nd I don't know u so ur words doesn't hurt.
It's true that stingy pple defend stinginess.

Not true oh! Most stingy people will tell you they hate stinginess cheesy. Very funny!

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 09, 2020
#2000 only
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by praz001(m): 7:38am On Mar 09, 2020
Mine was £2500. God bless him...

Got my first car with it...
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Timileyin1234(m): 7:39am On Mar 09, 2020
Is South Africa abroad too?

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Godsonkemz(m): 7:39am On Mar 09, 2020
I don't live a life of dependency upon people for material gains. Teach me how to get the money and put me through and I'd be so grateful to you for empowering me.

To expect something from people, expect shit too. Not all people living abroad can be classified as givers, I've realized that UK Nigerian residents are so stingy and too conservative. Expect nothing from them.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by maasoap(m): 7:39am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
Or11:

Thank goodness I'm not one of your relatives. So because someone lives in another country, he must buy you gifts abi. Poverty and beggi beggi mentality smh
[/s]

Trash as usual. We know your type, "attention seeker".

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by babington91(m): 7:40am On Mar 09, 2020
muystoy:
My younger brother in the UK sent me N250000 in 2018, that's the biggest sum he has sent at once,cumulatively he must have sent me over a million naira,Dem dey talk say UK people dey stingy die, not my brother sha

Naso bro, countless gifts have received from my uncles in the UK......
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by sorepco(m): 7:43am On Mar 09, 2020
It depends bro...I be seen a person given 4 olaystations on his bday. What can he do with all?

i
erico2k2:

U dnt, how can U sell smthing that a person gifted to you, he might as well has sent you the raw cash
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Zealoy(m): 7:44am On Mar 09, 2020
Ps2 2010, Laptop lenovo 2014, ps3 and Samsung e5 phone 2016, laptop HP 2017, mobile phone vivo 2019, #150k 2020, that's my bro for life, and he's just in The Gambia

4 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by franchasng: 7:48am On Mar 09, 2020
Lamanii22:

What does "egungun" mean?
masquerade shocked
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by franchasng: 7:50am On Mar 09, 2020
Thegoodone13:
#250,000 naira. The guy is good but his parents are bad. His daddy is my uncle. The guy gave me $ but his parents change it and gave me #250,000 which is below what he sent.
lol
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by tobstarizhia(m): 7:50am On Mar 09, 2020
Chocolates. which I later found cost less than a dollar. selfish pricks

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by LuciusX: 7:51am On Mar 09, 2020
Bible. Hanty wuz deported from yankee without her kids and all she see gimme na bible. I wept. She later went back but as is the custom of awa our village folks, she died on the plane. So much for her yeye bible.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by maasoap(m): 7:53am On Mar 09, 2020
lepasharon:

Do you know not all nigerian foods can be gotten in the west?

Not once do these scrounging relatives consider sending fresh produce from Africa

It must have been that easy to send. Though, I agree that people who are getting things from their relatives abroad should also be thinking about how they can make these people feel loved and appreciated
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by franchasng: 7:53am On Mar 09, 2020
But this topic would have made more sense if you guys asked, as a guy or a lady, what gift(s) have you received from your friend or ibalopọ abroad grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. / Why A Cheating Wife Is Dangerous / Halloween: Baby is Stuck With Spooky Eyebrows (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.