Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,848 members, 7,872,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) (83608 Views)

Indian Man Buys N1.5M Gold Face-Mask To Save Him From Coronavirus (Photos) / 4 Nigerians Who Have Died Of Coronavirus (photos) / Covid-19: Akwa Ibom Acquires Medical Equipment To Combat Coronavirus (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Freebirs(f): 10:05am On Mar 13, 2020
B like say na de we go park go o.
Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 13, 2020
Wetin dem dey do for that part of the world?
Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Tonyblinky(m): 10:33am On Mar 13, 2020
so we can be selling suya and agbo jedi to the scientists?
Hotspotbro:
Naija should go and put their own base there.

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 13, 2020
Taciturn1:
First, there's the thrill of sighting a land only few humans have ever seen, then they also get to cross the reputed Drake passage, which is the vast body of ocean water between South America and Antarctica, considered the most violent part of the entire oceans of the world (It causes fascination to say "I've crossed the Drake passage)

Tourists get to interact with Antarctic Penguins (Penguins are predominantly from Antarctica) and Whales.

Explore and take photographs of fantastic landscapes. It's really beautiful down there, though haven't been there, but someday...

Hmmm...

Not bad. Thanks for enlightening me.

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by born2begreat(m): 10:59am On Mar 13, 2020
I was about to correct him on that before seeing your comment. It`s the coldest not one of the coldest
Afobear:
not one of the coldest ... It is the coldest

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Malawian(m): 11:00am On Mar 13, 2020
Interesting!!.

So Nyesom Wike has land in Antartica?

River State don suffer. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by FullBlastLight: 11:23am On Mar 13, 2020
Coldie:

A continent must not have countries.

A continent can be a stand alone country.

Reason why Antarctica is yet to full be developed apart from it being an ice desert with nothing growing in it, developed countries signed a treaty on Antarctica, that only allows it to be used for scientific purposes and sharing of data.

If they leave some knuckle head countries like Russia and north Korea, they are willing and ready to turn the country into a nuclear testing site.

If we hv 5 or 6 continents wit similar characteristics {of countries, pple, govt, etc} and anoda one like Antarctica doesn't possess d same characteristics like others, it shld rather be called somtin else because of its absolute dissimilarity wit others!

In my opinion, it mustn't be called a Continent!

Dis is so because in Biology, Social Sciences & even in other Sceinces, there's what is called classification, categorisation, etc, wich are usually done based on similarity or dissimilarity of properties, traits or elements possessed by d substances or matters in question!

If dt's d case, there's jst no logical, systematic or even emperical way Antarctica cld be classified as a Continent!

Apparently, u hv tried sir, perhaps I'll need more valid explanations 4 an overwhelming conviction on dis scores!

3 Likes

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by mjconcept(m): 2:13pm On Mar 13, 2020
The last ship movie comes to mind.
Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by loganx: 2:14pm On Mar 13, 2020
If corona virus hit Antarctica, it would thrive due to the weather.

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by drnoel: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2020
Explorers:
British scientists in Antarctica revealed that their team have enough food to survive 'for years' on the frozen continent if the coronavirus outbreak escalates.

UK's Rothera station leader, Michael Brian, also said strict protocols have been put in place to protect the 140-strong team at the base.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8086555/British-scientists-Antarctica-reveal-strict-protocols-place-combat-coronavirus.html?ito=social-facebook

But they have Chlamydia
Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by GGirll: 4:14pm On Mar 13, 2020
Hope they are not manufacturers I the disease n d cure lol

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by DamnnnIger: 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Hmmm...

Not bad. Thanks for enlightening me.
[/s]
Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by PropertyBuying(f): 7:25pm On Mar 13, 2020
Afobear:
not one of the coldest ... It is the coldest
Who will the Corona Virus infect in Antarctica?

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Afobear: 7:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
PropertyBuying:

Who will the Corona Virus infect in Antarctica?

Maybe the scientists taking shifts there

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Emmerlee(m): 8:17pm On Mar 13, 2020
Keep this information away from the Italians grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FACT-CHECK: Is Coronavirus Caused By 5G Technology? / HIV Positive Ene Was The Lady At Ajah - Solomon Buchi / My Baby's Skin Problem Is Worrisome (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.