Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,630 members, 7,951,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:21 PM

Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos (2589 Views)

UK Advises Citizens Against Travels To Anambra, Other states / Coldest States In Nigeria / Kim Jong-Un Travels To Russia In An Armoured Train (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by fineboynl(m): 1:03am On Mar 10, 2020
Oymyakon, Siberia, Russia, almost in the Arctic circle at 63N.

If you think that winter has already come to your city, pictures from Oymyakon, the coldest village on Earth, might change your mind. With the lowest temperature of -67.7°C (-90°F), recorded in 1933, and the average for January being -50°C (-60°F), this village is the coldest permanently inhabited place on this planet. New Zealand-based photographer Amos Chapple decided to go on a two-day journey from Yakutsk, the coldest major city on Earth, to capture what everyday life is like in Oymyakon.

“I was wearing thin trousers when I first stepped outside into – 47 °C (-52°F). I remember feeling like the cold was physically gripping my legs, the other surprise was that occasionally my saliva would freeze into needles that would prick my lips”, the photographer told toweather.com.

The photographer recalls that the hardest thing was not the cold itself, but that his camera’s focus and zoom rings would occasionally freeze in place.

The Central Market In Yakutsk is full of fish and meat as the crops do not grow there

https://www.boredpanda.com/coldest-village-oymyakon-amos-chapple/

1 Like

Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by fineboynl(m): 1:06am On Mar 10, 2020

woman walks by a frozen house located in the village center

1 Like

Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by ibnquasale(m): 1:07am On Mar 10, 2020
Intresting
Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by Lonelyhrt1(m): 1:07am On Mar 10, 2020
Nice 1

1 Like

Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by fineboynl(m): 1:08am On Mar 10, 2020

Local farmer keeps his cows warm at night by tucking them away in this barn

Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by fineboynl(m): 1:13am On Mar 10, 2020

Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by fineboynl(m): 1:17am On Mar 10, 2020
Cars can only be placed in heated garages. The ones left outside must keep running, otherwise they won’t restart

Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by daddytime(m): 1:23am On Mar 10, 2020
Wey the people wey wan travel a road oh?

Oya make una come see the original abroad oh.
Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by DeOTR: 1:33am On Mar 10, 2020
occasionally my saliva would freeze into needles that would prick my lips”, the photographer told toweather.com.
Jesu!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by iTearHerToto: 1:43am On Mar 10, 2020
Corona shift one side nothing comot for your side angry... Na Make this kind cold come Zoogeria for a day make living things die like fowl... Especially fonjas

Pukesangry

1 Like

Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by chatinent: 3:55am On Mar 10, 2020
Well, we prefer such weather to this scorching heat.
Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by Nobody: 3:57am On Mar 10, 2020
meanwhile heat don kill me for here.
Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by Makavelli25: 3:59am On Mar 10, 2020
iTearHerToto:
Corona shift one side nothing comot for your side angry... Na Make this kind cold come Zoogeria for a day make living things die like fowl... Especially fonjas

Pukesangry
Even your village elders are dissapointed in you for this comment
Mumu.
Tribalism leads no where
Ode
No brain
Empty head.
Olodo

4 Likes

Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by TheTourist: 4:10am On Mar 10, 2020
FP material
Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by spyglaxx: 4:30am On Mar 10, 2020
Power of electricity.
Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by Witcher(f): 5:45am On Mar 10, 2020
What
Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by cRobo: 6:25am On Mar 10, 2020
smiley
Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by sparog(m): 7:36am On Mar 10, 2020
Even our refrigerators can't compare

See those fishes are frozen

God is wonderful
Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by seunmohmoh(f): 10:58am On Mar 10, 2020
I want to tour that village.
Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by olamidedivotee: 11:03am On Mar 10, 2020
Despite the weather, their electricity is still stable
Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by Samfloxin(m): 11:16am On Mar 10, 2020
and heat dey kill person here.
Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by seanwilliam(m): 11:43am On Mar 10, 2020
Wow
Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by kendrick93(m): 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2020
One of the positives in this village will be there will be no need for a fridge or freezer to store your fish or meat...
The weather is already enough
Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by kendrick93(m): 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2020
Reminds me of winterfell in game of thrones
Re: Photographer Travels To Oymyakon, Russia. The Coldest Village On Earth. Photos by AfonjaBoston: 2:13pm On Mar 10, 2020
Are igbo people there?

(1) (Reply)

Between Germany And Norway / A Nairander In UK Shows How Everywhere Get Dark By 5pm / 1st Timer In The Uk What To Do? Where To Shop And What To Expect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.