Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,067 members, 7,890,514 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:14 PM

Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala (4367 Views)

Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court / Lamido Sanusi's Dethronement As Emir And Exile (Video) / Emir Sanusi Dethronement: Security Operatives Storm Kano Emir’s Palace (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by Viktom(m): 1:47am On Mar 10, 2020
Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi lineage cursed by the Atta of Igala.

"In April 1963, Emir Mohammed Sanusi I of Kano was dethroned. In 1950s, He had plotted the dethronement of the then Atta of Igala Ameh Oboni (Agaba Idu). The Atta’s offense was his refusal to bow before the Sultan of Sokoto, Chairman of Northern Nigeria Council of Chiefs during the Council’s meeting in Kaduna, capital of Northern Nigeria. Ameh Oboni was given the option to remove his crown and bow or be removed from office. But the Atta was a god and could not bow to any human being. 

"Ameh Oboni knew that by the Igala tradition, the implication of his dethronement was that none of his descendants would ever be allowed to be crowned Atta after him. So he accepted to remove his crown and bow. 

"But the moment he removed his crown, a swam of bees rushed out of his head and chased the chiefs out of their chamber. That ended the plot for that day. 

"Oboni then walked up to Emir Sanusi and told him that, for attempting to remove him from office, he Sanusi would lose his throne and that any of his descendants that ever ascended the throne would be dethroned. 

"So In April 1963, as Mohammed Sanusi was chauffeured from Kaduna to his palace in Kano after a council meeting, he heard on the car radio of his own dethronement by the Government of Northern Nigeria. 

"Today about 57 years after, Emir Mohammed Sanusi’s grand son Emir Lamido Sanusi II has been dethroned.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by saheedbadmus(m): 3:27am On Mar 10, 2020
Ennn really.. so in a nutshell won ti geh egun for sanusi lineage niyen ..who go come help them break the jinx now.. ki olorun maso wa o

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by ursullalinda(f): 4:07am On Mar 10, 2020
How true is this story?.....So many gist flying up and down.
Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by Microwhy: 4:44am On Mar 10, 2020
Until the story reaches that part of bee's.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by ruggedtimi(m): 4:53am On Mar 10, 2020
ursullalinda:
How true is this story?.....So many gist flying up and down.
There was actually a confrontation between attah and Sanusi I, but there are different stories about the cause laid on each other.

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by Azmanaty: 5:19am On Mar 10, 2020
Trash.
Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by Born2Breed(f): 5:55am On Mar 10, 2020
Imagine the Sokoto capliphate and kano emirship that are less than 200yrs is holding ground with Attah of Igala that more than 500yrs.

The same kingdom the jihadist could not conquer when Dan fodio was going mad.

15 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by helinues: 5:56am On Mar 10, 2020
Tale story
Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by Amutta04(m): 6:15am On Mar 10, 2020
I am igala by tribe and I have heard of these stories time and again from Uncles, Aunties and the aged ones that spent their lives on the soil. Most of them either witnessed the era or were told directly from elders that did. Its a known history in the land and I remember years ago a song tittled 'Eje Bailo.' A song dedicated to this great king, Ameh Oboni (Agaba Idu), this said event was highlighted in details. If you are interested, I will advise you listen to it if you can or give to anyone to listen and interprete for you.

6 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by ednut1(m): 6:22am On Mar 10, 2020
Tales by moonlight
Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by cRobo: 6:23am On Mar 10, 2020
smiley
Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:23am On Mar 10, 2020
Amutta04:
I am igala by tribe and I have heard of these stories time and again from Uncles, Aunties and the aged ones that spent their lives on the soil. Most of them either witnessed the era or were told directly from elders that did. Its a known history in the land and I remember years ago a song tittled 'Eje Bailo.' A song dedicated to this great king, Ameh Oboni (Agaba Idu), this said event was highlighted in details. If you are interested, I will advise you listen to it if you can or give to anyone to listen and interprete for you.

Why is the story just coming out now that he has been dethroned? And why didn't the Attah curse him that none of his descendants would attain the throne? Rather be dethroned

This story e get as e b oooo.

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by Mathiasa(m): 6:31am On Mar 10, 2020
Our kings will not use their power to better the life's of their people but to condemn and destroy others and their people. I wonder why?

1 Like

Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by Danzakidakura(m): 6:38am On Mar 10, 2020
Born2Breed:
Imagine the Sokoto capliphate and kano emirship that are less than 200yrs is holding ground with Attack of Igala that more than 500yrs.

shut up and stop telling lies in a public forum. Who told you that sokoto caliphate didn't conquer stupid Igala, and 70% of igalas are Muslims ? Southern kaduna,Tivs are the minorities tribe that jihadist couldn't capture

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by Greatfuture: 6:56am On Mar 10, 2020
If you believe that,then you also failed to mention the Sanusi father curse on the igalas which my possibly be affecting them till date,in which in the reign of the present Attah,who is oboni son, the igalas have become so disunited and had to be killing each other as seen in last election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by nnamdiosu(m): 7:14am On Mar 10, 2020
Born2Breed:
Imagine the Sokoto capliphate and kano emirship that are less than 200yrs is holding ground with Attack of Igala that more than 500yrs.

Deep.
Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by husbandsnatcha(f): 7:36am On Mar 10, 2020
Microwhy:
Until the story reaches that part of bee's.
...When we visited the attahigala palace around 2011 ,his kitchen staff told us the complete story

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by Pusyiter(m): 7:57am On Mar 10, 2020
Curses exist
I cannot say it cannot be true
However, it is clear that Emir Sanusi was not for the throne because of his stance on political matters.
A man that loves to express himself no matter whose ox is gored, cannot serve in a traditional seat and expect not to have conflict with political jobbers.
Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by iammo(m): 8:17am On Mar 10, 2020
did atta of igala also cursed sanusi when UBA almost sacked him for his radical views? or when Jonathan sacked him for exposing the unremitted crude oil sales funds? a man like sanusi might fall but he would rise even higher
Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by Microwhy: 9:12am On Mar 10, 2020
husbandsnatcha:
...When we visited the attahigala palace around 2011 ,his kitchen staff told us the complete story
The complete myth..
Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by alizma: 9:15am On Mar 10, 2020
Stay in your village and be typing rubbish. Can you mentioned 2 people in your village that has attained Sanusi's status? The supposed cursed didn't go out of your village, I guess it fell out of the elders mouth to the ground
Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by Born2Breed(f): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2020
Danzakidakura:
shut up and stop telling lies in a public forum. Who told you that sokoto caliphate didn't conquer stupid Igala, and 70% of igalas are Muslims? Southern Kaduna, Tivs are the minorities tribe that jihadist couldn't capture

Nitwits like you should be barred from the public forum for displaying your silly ignorance.

Igala mainland was never conquered!

Read your history and stop being stupider than stupid.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by lastmessenger: 9:28am On Mar 10, 2020
alizma:
Stay in your village and be typing rubbish. Can you mentioned 2 people in your village that has attained Sanusi's status? The supposed cursed didn't go out of your village, I guess it fell out of the elders mouth to the ground
but he was cursed and its happening. Dethroned from CBN and shamelessly dethroned from the emirate. Next is for him to be executed by hanging for supervising the killing of a man of the God.
Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by Amutta04(m): 10:59am On Mar 10, 2020
The story has always been out there for interested ones, you pephaps might have come across it and just breeze through, mayb because it isnt any revelance until now.. Im sure if you see any article on this subject now, you had be more than interested.. Like i earlier said, i am igala by tribe, I, like many other fellows knew about this before now.. He was a great king.. He did other great stuffs.. One of them is his refusal to bow before queen elizabeth on her visit to Nigeria among other notable kings.. The queen wowed by his confidence and determination asked why.. He simply answered by saying "In Igala nation, a king does not bow before a woman." The queen return to england and sent him a powerful gift and commended him for his boldness.. Hahaha.. He had mysterious power too.. Once he commanded an eagle that dropped down to pick up a chick n his presence to return it and it did as he ordeded. Couple of other mysterious events.. Some of which are online.. Do google to read more.. Cheers..
Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by CaptainMarvel(m): 11:00am On Mar 10, 2020
cheesy cheesy
Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by Amutta04(m): 11:00am On Mar 10, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

Why is the story just coming out now that he has been dethroned? And why didn't the Attah curse him that none of his descendants would attain the throne? Rather be dethroned

This story e get as e b oooo.

The story has always been out there for interested ones, you pephaps might have come across it and just breeze through, mayb because it isnt any revelance until now.. Im sure if you see any article on this subject now, you had be more than interested.. Like i earlier said, i am igala by tribe, I, like many other fellows knew about this before now.. He was a great king.. He did other great stuffs.. One of them is his refusal to bow before queen elizabeth on her visit to Nigeria among other notable kings.. The queen wowed by his confidence and determination asked why.. He simply answered by saying "In Igala nation, a king does not bow before a woman." The queen return to england and sent him a powerful gift and commended him for his boldness.. Hahaha.. He had mysterious power too.. Once he commanded an eagle that dropped down to pick up a chick n his presence to return it and it did as he ordeded. Couple of other mysterious events.. Some of which are online.. Do google to read more.. Cheers..
Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by CaptainMarvel(m): 11:02am On Mar 10, 2020
I ve also heard this story from my uncles cheesy
Igalas and voodos though lipsrsealed
Re: Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala by mankan2k7(m): 11:56am On Mar 10, 2020
oya sanusi say after me, my father, my father. Any curse placed upon me from my father house oya gbina, catch fire

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Tinubu Ever Governed Any Of The SE States? / Ipob Order:Banks In East Lower Nigeria Flags.photos... / Caption This Picture Of Tinubu And Ooni Of Ife At Baba Akande Autobiograpy Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.