Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,947 members, 7,976,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 10:04 AM

Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 (60902 Views)

Liverpool Vs Crystal Palace (1 - 1) On 15th August 2022 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Manchester City (1 - 0) On 15th August 2021 / Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid: UEFA Super Cup (2 - 4) On 15th August 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:13am On Aug 16, 2020
Slynation:

Not only City.... Barcelona has been at the receiving end from bad decisions from VAR as well, But City was marauded, with all the investments, Lyon stand no chance in that game, So wailing to VAR for Lyon itches my ear.....

Owk let us assume the Match Ended 2-1 in favor of Lyon... They should take their L in peace

The investment is not a right to carry out repeated corrupt attack against Manchester City.

The investment does not make football a walk over.
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by ayo6hammiey(m): 1:16am On Aug 16, 2020
I can't laugh o

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by VickyRotex(f): 1:20am On Aug 16, 2020
fergie001:
I am so happy.....that City is coming home cheesy

Fuckingmallam45 ebukahades10 GBEST90 vickyrotex paulolee Angelfrost vickyrotex emeijeh

I am so happy that City has joined BARCA less humiliatingly though.....

Bad belle, see as you dey happy cheesy

I know sey we no go see you during una match but just dey hope sey make your team no lose.

Cos ehnnnnnnn, you know loads of people are coming for you and awee just be here laughing grin grin
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by ReeLoaDead(m): 1:26am On Aug 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
VAR also cleared Llorente using hand to score against Manchester City. That is the corruption we are kicking against. It was an illegitimate goal Dembele scored. The referee knew it, the officials in the VAR room knew it but decided to let it stand.
OK dear Good Joe. Let us accept that the goal was controversial but be honest.... was this the type of performance that Man C can use to win UCL? It should NEVER have reached this level and they should have never struggled against Lyon if they aspire to be a legitimate contender in Europe.
This was disappointing and Pep G has not won UCL with Bayern and now Man C ...

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by VickyRotex(f): 1:26am On Aug 16, 2020
realestate99:

The funny thing about history is men don't learn from history, less than 5 hours ago, most people predicted that man city would destroy Lyon but now reverse is the case, the next thing is Bayern will destroy Lyon, let us wait and see but you should know that each game comes with its own dynamics, the mere fact that Bayern vandalised barca yesterday does not give them a free pass against Lyon.

This right here is challenging the status quo. I like that cool
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by vickydevoka(m): 1:33am On Aug 16, 2020
Slynation:
Definitely one of the greatest in football history.... That miss was Epic
De ball came with full force he jst hit de ball to score nnit went over de bar, anybody can miss dat as a striker
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Slynation(m): 1:42am On Aug 16, 2020
vickydevoka:

De ball came with full force he jst hit de ball to score nnit went over de bar, anybody can miss dat as a striker
Which full force.... Please don't justify that miss as if I was watching golf, baba settle down throway ball grin

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:45am On Aug 16, 2020
ReeLoaDead:
OK dear Good Joe. Let us accept that the goal was controversial but be honest.... was this the type of performance that Man C can use to win UCL? It should NEVER have reached this level and they should have never struggled against Lyon if they aspire to be a legitimate contender in Europe.
This was disappointing and Pep G has not won UCL with Bayern and now Man C ...

That is another debate. We could have played better. Pep was awful with the tactics but still does not change the fact that it is time for UEFA to stop their ills against City.

You can clearly see the referee wanted to blow a foul but changed his mind.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by vickydevoka(m): 1:50am On Aug 16, 2020
Slynation:

Which full force.... Please don't justify that miss as if I was watching golf, baba settle down throway ball grin
Wat are u saying he missed it intentionally. Na normal thing for square play na. If u play same ball to him he will score
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Olaseun1470: 1:52am On Aug 16, 2020
I just confirmed my second withdrawal in a space of 3 days. It's Legit and paying guys.. Don't sleep on this..
If you know about bitcoin and want to make good profits in bitcoin, trade with trustfore limited. Begin with as little as $50 to start earning.
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Slynation(m): 1:58am On Aug 16, 2020
vickydevoka:

Wat are u saying he missed it intentionally. Na normal thing for square play na. If u play same ball to him he will score
Things like that do happen in football... But no justification for such kinda miss
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by EbukaHades10(m): 2:05am On Aug 16, 2020
ReeLoaDead:
Yes you guys did lose to Atletico but did superbly in the League and then last season very well spanking Messi & co with that comeback ...
Na God

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by BENEAMATA: 2:07am On Aug 16, 2020
donoro:
140 years no single ucl useless tinpot club. You'll never know the feeling city fans grin grin

Na this kain sentence one mumu Ac milan supporting pal of mine dey take finish me for football argument all those years and i know go fit say " pim " again as i go just dey go home feeling exasperated with laughters of derision trailling me from many other guys . This na person wey my proteges go dey teach football for primary 3 if say school dey for ball oh ! Well , i sha thank God for chelseafc as baba answer our prayer on 19/05/12 . Man city fans ehn , chin up .
As for lyon and bayern , though this is now , but we all know history cannot be taken away from football and the history is not bad for lyon as far as their h2h goes .

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by openmine(m): 2:18am On Aug 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
However, both Ferdinand and Hart believe there was clear contact on Laporte, albeit unintentional, and the goal shouldn't have stood.

"I think it's a foul," Ferdinand told BT Sport.

"If I'm on that pitch, it's got to be. He's connected and he's the one who went on to score. City were dominating at that time.

"There is 100 per cent contact. I don't understand how they can't call that? People will be saying conspiracy theories now if you're a City fan.

"I believe that's a foul and it's the man who goes on to score the goal."

"It's not intentional, that's clear but there is a clash of legs," Hart added.

"Does it then go with the referee's decision because he's seen it?"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-var-ferdinand-hart-18776960.amp

Funny if anyone still thinks there is no gang up against Manchester City.

Corrupt folks.
So the outrageous misses from sterling and Jesus were also part of the conspiracy right?
This is why the likes of mancity will continue to be seen as perennial quarter-finalists......

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by BENEAMATA: 2:28am On Aug 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

That is another debate. We could have played better. Pep was awful with the tactics but still does not change the fact that it is time for UEFA to stop their ills against City.

refs do this all the time bro .gesturing as if they are going for the whistle and changing their mind , sometimes affecting the action or inactions of players who'll instinctively pause or slow down expecting the sound of whistle blowing .Truth is bad or incompetent refereeing is hard to take for whoever got the short end of the stick but the team it favours will never complain , just look at lee mason in chelsea / arsenal last two fa cup finals and chelsea / man united league second leg this season as well as mike oliver's numerous helping hands in city vs everyone else since pep's arrival .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by ReeLoaDead(m): 2:54am On Aug 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
If there was a conspiracy, UCL would have actually favoured a bigger market like Man City over Lyon.
Unfortunately for City, Pep made gaffes tactically and honestly some players underperformed. Oh well ...

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by ReeLoaDead(m): 3:02am On Aug 16, 2020
vickydevoka:

Nope, that should have been a very easy goal. The ball did not come to him in “full force”.
He was just not calm under pressure and unnecessarily blasted the ball when he had an open goal.
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by EbukaHades10(m): 3:14am On Aug 16, 2020
ReeLoaDead:

If there was a conspiracy, UCL would have actually favoured a bigger market like Man City over Lyon.
Unfortunately for City, Pep made gaffes tactically and honestly some players underperformed. Oh well ...
Pep too dey over think his tactics.

If to say dem win, na "tactical genius" u go dey hear upandan

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:27am On Aug 16, 2020
ReeLoaDead:

The same Manchester city that UEFA wanted banned for two seasons.
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by drskyfly007(m): 3:51am On Aug 16, 2020
uncastableodd:
Wow in DJ khaled voice it is another one ..

#367,000 in the bag ..

And funniest thing na my school fee a take play this game ..If you can't risk it in life ,you will never make it in life ..

I hope the idiots credit me very early on Monday morning
You were lucky today but remember everyday is not Christmas...Don't stake what you can't afford to lose..
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by ReeLoaDead(m): 4:30am On Aug 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
The same Manchester city that UEFA wanted banned for two seasons.
OK - you have a point there ... grin
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by ReeLoaDead(m): 4:37am On Aug 16, 2020
EbukaHades10:
Pep too dey over think his tactics.
If to say dem win, na "tactical genius" u go dey hear upandan
The guy's over sabi really vexes me. He will be waiving his hand up and down, drawing all these formations at his players but yet simple defense he cannot set up. Maybe he needs to spend a few weeks with some old school coaches and learn the basics having a solid back line grin.
Man City also fell to another French team (Monaco) a few years ago despite having a 5-3 first leg win. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Jeffy1206(m): 5:38am On Aug 16, 2020
Angelfrost:
Sterling oooo!!! Ope!!!!!! How the fvck did that happen??!... How did it all go wrong like this??!

Damn!!! It's all over!!! Bayern is through to the final!!!
na so everybody talk of mancity in the semis bit look where they are today undecided
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by officialchikzy0(m): 5:50am On Aug 16, 2020
Karleb:
If you are a City fan, don't be annoyed.

You just escaped a thrashing of a lifetime.

By the time Bayern gets this Lyon, they'll start beginning referee to stop the match.

Lyon hv carved a niche for themselves, it's not easy to get to dis stage with underrated tag

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by klever18(m): 6:08am On Aug 16, 2020
uncastableodd:
Wow in DJ khaled voice it is another one ..

#367,000 in the bag ..

And funniest thing na my school fee a take play this game ..If you can't risk it in life ,you will never make it in life ..

I hope the idiots credit me very early on Monday morning
abeg show me love 3130146802 Clinton
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Abdelux223: 6:09am On Aug 16, 2020
Karleb:
If you are a City fan, don't be annoyed.

You just escaped a thrashing of a lifetime.

By the time Bayern gets this Lyon, they'll start beginning referee to stop the match.

True talk grin e go come become cricket score, pep go get stroke that day
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by tesppidd: 6:17am On Aug 16, 2020
openmine:

So the outrageous misses from sterling and Jesus were also part of the conspiracy right?
This is why the likes of mancity will continue to be seen as perennial quarter-finalists......
Are you new to football?

Who doesn't miss?

Their misses are not your business. A team shouldn't lose it's right to win matches simply because it has missed 1 million chances.

That second goal should never have been allowed to stand. Except we've got blind people at the VAR room...

It is the most obvious foul i've seen in a very long time.
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by klever18(m): 6:18am On Aug 16, 2020
Emm22:

Already won, am really happy my two ticket have cleared....
boss abeg even if na five hundred I go happy
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by tesppidd: 6:21am On Aug 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
However, both Ferdinand and Hart believe there was clear contact on Laporte, albeit unintentional, and the goal shouldn't have stood.

"I think it's a foul," Ferdinand told BT Sport.

"If I'm on that pitch, it's got to be. He's connected and he's the one who went on to score. City were dominating at that time.

"There is 100 per cent contact. I don't understand how they can't call that? People will be saying conspiracy theories now if you're a City fan.

"I believe that's a foul and it's the man who goes on to score the goal."

"It's not intentional, that's clear but there is a clash of legs," Hart added.

"Does it then go with the referee's decision because he's seen it?"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-var-ferdinand-hart-18776960.amp

Funny if anyone still thinks there is no gang up against Manchester City.

Corrupt folks.
There's most definitely a gang up.

Probably for defeating UEFA at CAS?.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Palmslight(m): 6:27am On Aug 16, 2020
Fantasy premier league fans, let's play

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Eniola40(m): 6:32am On Aug 16, 2020
Emm22:

Drop
Brother, help me too sir, even if its 500 sir, kids are hungry. God bless you sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United: F.A Cup (0 - 2) On 18th February 2019 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 25th February 2018 / Liverpool Vs Manchester United (4 - 0) On 19th April 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.