Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,955 members, 7,969,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:50 PM

Are Leap Years Ill-fated? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are Leap Years Ill-fated? (194 Views)

Why Herbert Wigwe's PA Dropped From Ill-fated Helicopter Trip To Super Bowl / FACT CHECK: Is Video Claiming Two People Jumped Off Crashing Ill-fated Plane Car / 5 Facts About Leap Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Leap Years Ill-fated? by DanseMacabre(m): 3:48pm On Mar 10, 2020
I remember hearing about leap years being unlucky while growing up. I hadn't really been consciously aware of this fact, but this year jas made me begin to see things in a different light.

Just consider the events that have occurred in the first two months alone.

1. Corona Virus. Hundreds dead, thousands infected at an ever increasing rate.

2. Wildfires in Australia.

3. The Amazon forest, unofficially called the 'lungs of the earth', catching fire.

4. The near-war between America and Israel, and the threat of WWIII looming.

5. Kobe Bryant's death (alongside his daughter and co-passengers of course).

6. Flash floods/landslides in Australia and many other places.

7. Wildfires in California, more intense than the routine ones.

8. Escalated conflict and insurgency in Sub-Saharan Africa, etc.

9. Locust invasions of thousands of hectares of farmlands in East Africa.

The aforementioned are from memory, you could add to your own list of ills that have bedevilled the world this year alone.

So my question is, do all these give credence to the fact that leap years (years with 366 days, as opposed to 365) are unlucky years? Have you heard this assumption too? Or is it mere coincidence? Please share your opinion.

OAM4J, Mynd44, Lalasticlala let's hear people's thoughts on this.

Ishilove Nwaamaikpe Dominique Naptu2 etc etc your opinions are highly invaluable as usual too...

(1) (Reply)

Foundation Launches Education Programme For Abuja Children / Brace Up, The Economic Impact Of The #coronaviruspandemic Will Be Severe On Our / Printers Home!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.