Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:52 AM

ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today (12407 Views)

ASUU STRIKE: Reps Meet With ASUU In Bid To End Seven-month Strike / After 56 Days Of Strike, FG Set To Meet ASUU Today / Government Can’t Meet ASUU’s Demand Now - Adamu Adamu (2) (3) (4)

Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by edoairways: 8:54am On Mar 11, 2020
Basit46:
My buhari is paying them
Why are they not working
They are still working

Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 11, 2020
After ASUU, they will meet me too

But why is ASUU always the problem, shebi asup dey abi shey notin like asup again..

E Don tey wey I see dem for news oo

Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 11, 2020
20 years ago there were ASUU strikes.

20 years later, there are still ASUU strikes.

Tell me, what has changed for the better in Nigeria in the last 30 years?

If you still believe in one Nigeria, sorry is your case.

Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by zikter(m): 9:34am On Mar 11, 2020
edoairways:

The government and the lecturers are at fault.
I don't completely agree with you. Education is quite expensive and needs a whole lot of funding from Government. The government for now is doing below minimum expectations in terms of funding and still violating its own agreements with ASUU on all fronts.

Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by yvelchstores(f): 9:44am On Mar 11, 2020
In my opinion, when lecturers go on strick, say for two weeks over non payment of salaries, they should eventually be paid half for that month of strick because they didn't work for half the month. It's unfair that they will work half month, eventually get paid full month while the students loose their time. It's not balanced.
Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by E2000: 10:02am On Mar 11, 2020
This is why i like dictatorship and military rule. ASUU would have long been crippled in a country like North Korea. But in Nigeria every greedy and stupid thing is welcomed by a large section with open hands.
Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by Olakunleyakub(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2020
Our educational system is in danger
Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by Olakunleyakub(m): 10:08am On Mar 11, 2020
edoairways:

The government and the lecturers are at fault.
Oga what is the lecturers fault in this case?
Are you even reading news at all?
Anyway alitle form of research will not harm you.
Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by edoairways: 11:49am On Mar 11, 2020
Olakunleyakub:
Oga what is the lecturers fault in this case?
Are you even reading news at all?
Anyway alitle form of research will not harm you.
Most of those lecturers are wicked, selfish and corrupt. They misuse the fund meet for research for their personal gain. I know them very well
Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by edoairways: 11:57am On Mar 11, 2020
yvelchstores:
In my opinion, when lecturers go on strick, say for two weeks over non payment of salaries, they should eventually be paid half for that month of strick because they didn't work for half the month. It's unfair that they will work half month, eventually get paid full month while the students loose their time. It's not balanced.
Actually those lecturers are working (carrying out in research) but they may not teach and supervise students
Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by edoairways: 12:02pm On Mar 11, 2020
zikter:
I don't completely agree with you. Education is quite expensive and needs a whole lot of funding from Government. The government for now is doing below minimum expectations in terms of funding and still violating its own agreements with ASUU on all fronts.
I quite agree that the government isn't doing enough however the university lecturers are rarely utilizing the available funds. Many of them are squandering funds meant for research
Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by danduchi(m): 12:02pm On Mar 11, 2020
Unillorin avoided ASUU strike for 20years, only to join now and enjoy the full benefit of what ASUU has been fighting for in previous strike action. See school with sense.. You understand ASUU stand on IPPIS, you understand what I'm talking about
Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by voltron13: 1:05pm On Mar 11, 2020
FrLukas:
20 years ago there were ASUU strikes.

20 years later, there are still ASUU strikes.

Tell me, what has changed for the better in Nigeria in the last 30 years?

If you still believe in one Nigeria, sorry is your case.
Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by Legendguru: 1:27pm On Mar 11, 2020
Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by brilkid: 2:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by Harbi15(m): 8:28pm On Mar 11, 2020
this stupid people that are supporting the motion of letting the so called strike to still go on... I just keep wandering if their children even school in Nigeria
Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by Nwadiuto247: 10:09pm On Mar 11, 2020
yanabasee:
They should better go and enroll on their IPPIS and be captured into the salary system and stop acting childish....

Wehreh professors.....

You are the one acting childish.

Your brain seems to be empty
Re: ASUU Strike: Reps Meet ASUU, Education, Labour Ministers Today by Nwadiuto247: 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2020
yvelchstores:

So your brain did not tell you that they will still cover all that they did not teach during the strike?

You think they would jump the curriculum because of strike?

You pay them half salary meanwhile they still covered what they didnt teach during the strike, is that a fair judgment?

Nursing Students And Aspirants / 2019 JAMB Registration: Lagos, Kaduna & Abuja Recorded Highest Candidates So Far / The World’s 10 Most Dangerous Dog Breeds By Fatalities