Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,344 members, 7,932,264 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 11:04 PM

Women Can't Seduce Me Because I Don't Go Out -kola Odunlade, Best Yoruba Actor - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Women Can't Seduce Me Because I Don't Go Out -kola Odunlade, Best Yoruba Actor (10199 Views)

Don't Go To The Public To Solve Your Private Matter - Paul Okoye / Odunlade Adekola And Basketmouth Pose For Rare Selfie / Toyin Aimakhu On Set With Odunlade Adekola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Can't Seduce Me Because I Don't Go Out -kola Odunlade, Best Yoruba Actor by AloyEmeka8: 3:45pm On Dec 22, 2010
Sunday, December 19, 2010
[size=14pt]Women can't seduce me because I don't go out -Kola Odunlade, Best Yoruba actor[/size]

Aishat Jimoh

Adekola Odunlade, the current Best Yoruba Actor of the Year, tells Aishat Jimoh how piracy has affected the growth of the movie industry and how he handles his female fans

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2010/dec/19/punch/images/pix201012180443368[1].jpg[/img]
Kola Odunlade

advertisement

What was your growing up like?

My parents are from Otun Ekiti (in Ekiti State) but I was brought up in Abeokuta, Ogun State. I attended St. Peters College, Olomore and obtained an Ordinary National Diploma in Business Administration at the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta.

How did you get into acting?

When I left school, I was never enthusiastic about choosing acting as a career, although I always participated in church drama, especially during festive periods. I noticed that I always captivated my audience while on the stage because anytime I got on stage, people would be rooting for me. They always looked forward to my own part because I entertained and made them laugh.

Are you also a comedian?

No, I'm not a comedian, but I make people laugh because of the way I play my role, especially when I cry. My facial expression is enough to make you laugh. But the way I express any role given to me is always as a result of reading, understanding and digesting whatever role I am given to play. I express it the best way I feel it should be.

When did you start professional acting?

I got into acting through my friend, Tunde. We were living together in the same area Abeokuta He introduced me to the leader of the drama group, which he belonged to at the time. He told them about me; he advertised me to the group. They invited me and that was how I met Brother John, who was the leader in 1996. In 1998, I joined the Association of Nigeria Theatre Practitioners, where I started learning the professional aspect of acting as different from what I had been doing in the church.

What was your first role and how did you feel?

I can't remember right now. You know, I have been doing it before and more so, filming was not popular then, and most films were acted on stage or shown at the cinemas or the cultural centre. So it was just raw theatre I started with, but I didn't see it as something new because I was familiar with the whole thing.

How did you meet your wife?

I met her sometimes in 2005. Immediately I saw her, I liked her and I quickly told her my mind, but she thought it was a joke. I knew she was close to one brother, so, I sought the support of that one but he also said no way because I was a theatre man and he did not want to see me with the lady. I made my intention clear to both of them that I was not joking. That was how the journey started. We got married in 2006.

How do you cope with female admirers?

Well, I love them because they are my people, my fans; they are the people watching our films. Naturally, I'm a very cool and gentle person. When I'm not on set, you can hardly see me outside my home because I'm a bit shy as well. That is why it will be difficult for any woman to think they can harass me or seduce me. It is when they see you that they will run after you. One must use his brain wisely rather than chasing women.

What is your relationship with other artistes?

I'm very close to them; all of them are my people and the female ones are my good friends too. I enjoy working with my colleagues; they are part of what keeps me motivated.

What inspires you?

My source of inspiration comes from my fans and my colleagues. They so much believe in me despite my status. They don't see me as a small boy or that I'm not well educated or not rich. That's why I strive so hard so as not to disappoint them.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/dec/19/807.html
Re: Women Can't Seduce Me Because I Don't Go Out -kola Odunlade, Best Yoruba Actor by watchme(f): 3:59pm On Dec 22, 2010
The question should be, "LADIES CAN U GO OUT FOR DINNER WITH KOLA ODUNLADE"? (Imi Ewu)

1 Like

Re: Women Can't Seduce Me Because I Don't Go Out -kola Odunlade, Best Yoruba Actor by MrCork3: 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2010
LOOK AT THE GAY BOY (no oofense)
Re: Women Can't Seduce Me Because I Don't Go Out -kola Odunlade, Best Yoruba Actor by MrCork3: 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2010
I bet he IBO & I bet he related to Aloy_Emeka (no ofeinse)
Re: Women Can't Seduce Me Because I Don't Go Out -kola Odunlade, Best Yoruba Actor by slap1(m): 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2010
^^ Sharrap!
Re: Women Can't Seduce Me Because I Don't Go Out -kola Odunlade, Best Yoruba Actor by dominique(f): 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2010
i know this dude, didn't know his name till now tho. he one good actor, prolly the best the Yoruba movies have for now though i cant say for sure since hardly watch these films.
Re: Women Can't Seduce Me Because I Don't Go Out -kola Odunlade, Best Yoruba Actor by googles: 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2010
creepy eyes undecided
Re: Women Can't Seduce Me Because I Don't Go Out -kola Odunlade, Best Yoruba Actor by MrCork3: 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2010
he loook like SLAP1, with his blue contac lens, typical IBO boy
Re: Women Can't Seduce Me Because I Don't Go Out -kola Odunlade, Best Yoruba Actor by AloyEmeka8: 6:54pm On Dec 22, 2010
This Cork guy is a spam.
Re: Women Can't Seduce Me Because I Don't Go Out -kola Odunlade, Best Yoruba Actor by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 22, 2010
!!Mr Cork:

LOOK AT THE GAY BOY (no oofense)
!!Mr Cork:

I bet he IBO & I bet he related  to  Aloy_Emeka (no ofeinse)
!!Mr Cork:

he loook like SLAP1, with his blue contac lens, typical IBO boy

Mr CORK is a mistake!!
You saw name "Kola Odunlade" you still dey call am ibo
Re: Women Can't Seduce Me Because I Don't Go Out -kola Odunlade, Best Yoruba Actor by Kunbee: 12:59am On Dec 23, 2010
That pix looks as if he has pink-eye, doesn't do him justice

(1) (Reply)

Kenya Queen Of UKWU Flaunts Her Super Big Yansh In Bikini [ SEE PHOTOS] / Lagos Big Boy Arrested For Brutally Molesting Unilag Student (photo) / What Can I Use To Remove Or Reduce The Scar On My Face?(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.