Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,947 members, 7,879,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:29 AM

Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. (2981 Views)

Pics Of Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (don't Cry) / Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee / Breaking News: Gbagbo Arrested. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by AloyEmeka8: 5:16pm On Dec 22, 2010
[size=14pt]Nigerians evacuate Ivory Coast after embassy attack[/size]

Reuters – People cross the street in Abidjan December 22, 2010. A power struggle between incumbent Laurent Gbagbo …
By Felix Onuah and Tim Cocks – Tue Dec 21, 3:21 pm ET

ABIDJAN/ABUJA (Reuters) – Nigeria evacuated all its diplomats from Ivory Coast after its embassy was attacked on Tuesday as the power struggle following a disputed election grew more violent.
Ivory Coast's November 28 presidential election was intended to heal the scars of a 2002-03 civil war but has instead triggered a standoff between incumbent Laurent Gbagbo and rival Alassane Ouattara, with the latter recognized as victor by the electoral commission and the outside world.
Gbagbo has refused to step down despite international pressure and sanctions backed by the United Nations, European Union, the United States, African Union and regional bloc ECOWAS -- all of which recognize Ouattara as president elect.
"We had to evacuate all our diplomats because our embassy in Cote d'Ivoire was attacked," Nigerian Foreign Minister Odein Ajumogobia told reporters in Abuja.
Arrangements were also being made to evacuate other Nigerian citizens in Ivory Coast. Ajumogobia did not say when the attack on the embassy in Abidjan took place or who carried it out.
Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has led calls by African leaders for Gbagbo to step aside and has told U.S. officials Nigeria will back whatever sanctions necessary.
ECOWAS heads of state are due to meet on Friday in the Nigerian capital Abuja to discuss developments in Ivory Coast.
Gbagbo's camp has accused the United Nations and world powers of interference in its internal affairs and he still has the backing of the security forces.
Ouattara's poll victory was overturned on grounds of alleged fraud by the Constitutional Council, a legal body led by a staunch ally of Gbagbo. The move was rejected by the U.N. envoy, who must certify the results
"TENSE, DANGEROUS"
The U.N. Security Council agreed on Monday to keep 10,000 U.N. peacekeepers in Ivory Coast on Monday, defying Gbagbo's demand that they leave. EU countries imposed a travel ban on Gbagbo, his wife and 17 of his allies.
Diplomats in Abidjan say Nigeria was amongst the African countries that have offered Gbagbo sanctuary, another one being South Africa.
An anti-Gbagbo protest last Thursday degenerated into a gun battle between pro-Gbagbo and pro-Ouattara forces near the lagoon-side Golf Hotel, where his rival administration is holed up under guard of U.N. peacekeepers with sandbagged machine gun positions. At least 20 were killed in protests -- Gbagbo's camp says half of those were his security forces.
As security deteriorates, death squads have targeted Ivorians in pro-Ouattara neighborhoods, according to the United Nations, human rights groups and Ouattara supporters.
The United Nations says at least 50 people have been killed and hundreds wounded and abducted from their homes in the past few days.
Gbagbo's government denies using excessive force to put down protests or being behind kidnappings.
"The professionalism of the security forces have allowed us to avoid a bloodbath and limit damage to people and goods," Gbagbo's interior minister Emile Guirieoulou told reporters on Monday. "It's easy talk about abductions , with no proof."
Tensions in Ivory Coast, the world's biggest cocoa producer, have pushed cocoa futures to four-month highs in recent weeks on market fears of a disruption to supplies. So far, beans have been getting through to port but there have been delays in registering them for export.
The head of U.N. peacekeeping told French daily Le Figaro that Gbagbo's troops were attempting to cut off food, medical and water supplies, echoing accusations by the envoy here.
"Gbagbo's camp is doing whatever it can to cut off our fuel and food supplies, notably by blocking the port. We are studying other supply routes. We have some reserves, but the situation is becoming more tense and more dangerous," Alain Leroy said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101221/ts_nm/us_ivorycoast
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by Dsense(m): 5:23pm On Dec 22, 2010
Make nigerians wey dey for london go kidnap Drogba! angry
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by AloyEmeka8: 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2010
D-sense:

Make nigerians wey dey for london go kidnap Drogba! angry

Did Americans kidnap you because of Mutallab?.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by Dsense(m): 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2010
They tried but didn't succeed! grin
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by OchiAgha2(m): 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2010
Why are they attacking fellow Africans? This is my problem with our people. They do not think. We are quick to attack each other, but we do not worry about the external factors like the West and Asia.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by AloyEmeka8: 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

Why are they attacking fellow Africans? This is my problem with our people. They do not think. We are quick to attack each other, but we do not worry about the external factors like the West and Asia.
So it is alright if he attacked British, US and other embassies as long as it is not an African nation embassy?. Your thinking is even more hideous and barbaric. Here we have a lose canon who should be apprehended by all means and put to sleep and you are more interested in checking the bloodline of who he attacked.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by OchiAgha2(m): 7:56pm On Dec 22, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

So it is alright if he attacked British, US and other embassies as long as it is not an African nation embassy?. Your thinking is even more hideous and barbaric. Here we have a lose canon who should be apprehended by all means and put to sleep and you are more interested in checking the bloodline of who he attacked.

You really misconstrued my words big time. Where did you get any of that information from my post? Simply stating how Africans are quick to turn on each other before they do it on anyone else. Look at South Africa, how South Africans turned on everyone from people from Zimbabwe, Angola, Mozambique, Nigeria and Somalia. They were quick to kill these people over there plight, but we do not have their land. It is the Boers who have their land.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by shotster50(m): 2:47am On Dec 29, 2010
Isnt it possible that the embassy attackers might be Gbagbo's cronies??
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by Horus(m): 4:14am On Dec 29, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

Because Nigeria and Goodluck Jonathan want to send Nigerian soldiers to Ivory Coast. Did Nigeria and Goodluck Jonathan think?. Why Nigeria and Goodluck Jonathan are quick to send nigerian soldiers attack Ivory Coast?. It is Nigeria and Goodluck Jonathan who are talking war first. If Nigeria declare war on Ivory Coast, Ivorian have the right of self defence. People are still Negotiating in Abidjan to find a solution but Nigeria and Goodluck Jonathan want to send troops already. It is too early, he should allow a little bit more time instead of talking war.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by Beaf: 4:39am On Dec 29, 2010
Horus:

Because Nigeria and Goodluck Jonathan want to send Nigerian soldiers to Ivory Coast. Did Nigeria and Goodluck Jonathan think?. Why Nigeria and Goodluck Jonathan are quick to send nigerian soldiers attack Ivory Coast?. It is Nigeria and Goodluck Jonathan who are talking war first. If Nigeria declare war on Ivory Coast, Ivorian have the right of self defence. People are still Negotiating in Abidjan to find a solution but Nigeria and Goodluck Jonathan want to send troops already. It is too early, he should allow a little bit more time instead of talking war.

What negotiations and what "solution?" A man lost elections and needs to leave, its that simple.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by Horus(m): 5:37am On Dec 29, 2010
Beaf:

What negotiations and what "solution?" A man lost elections and needs to leave, its that simple.

Yes Allassane Ouattara lost the election so he need to leave Gbagbo alone, its that simple. And in case of attack from Nigeria, Ivory Coast as a souverain nation have the right of self-defence, its that simple.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by isalegan2: 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

So it is alright if he attacked British, US and other embassies as long as it is not an African nation embassy?.

Yes.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by morpheus24: 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2010
Horus:

Yes Allassane Ouattara lost the election so he need to leave Gbagbo alone, its that simple. And in case of attack from Nigeria, Ivory Coast as a souverain nation have the right of self-defence, its that simple.

Please tell me how a court that is full of Gbagbo supporters and is not independent of its executive branch any better. Please man! Please!
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by superboi(m): 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2010
morpheus24 ,
Please tell me how a court that is full of Gbagbo supporters and is not independent of its executive branch any better. Please man! Please!

Also go and find out the people who constituted the electoral panel too? where does Mr Bakayoko head of the electoral panel comes from? It is very sad that even we as Africans like to sterotype ourselves, this is not about a sit tight African leader but about the failure of the international community to help the government of Gbagbo flush out rebels 8 years ago. Now what gives them the moral authority to tell that same government to hand over to the rebels in an elections that was rushed and is now disputed.(note Thambo Mbeki said told them that in 2006 when the agreement for this election was being written and agreed upon that the only possible outcome could be more conflict, The UN disagreed and now we can see the result.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by morpheus24: 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2010
superboi:

morpheus24 ,
Also go and find out the people who constituted the electoral panel too? where does Mr Bakayoko head of the electoral panel comes from? It is very sad that even we as Africans like to sterotype ourselves, this is not about a sit tight African leader but about the failure of the international community to help the government of Gbagbo flush out rebels 8 years ago. Now what gives them the moral authority to tell that same government to hand over to the rebels in an elections that was rushed and is now disputed.(note Thambo Mbeki said told them that in 2006 when the agreement for this election was being written and agreed upon that the only possible outcome could be more conflict, The UN disagreed and now we can see the result.

We can continue this bickering by continuing to point fingers. Please tell me how a 'political party" would introduce laws to intentionally disqualify a party representatives based on not having Ivorian parents and this same individual served Cote divoire as a finance minister and Prime minister in the past.

The international community has searched Quattara's past and favor him to lead that country noting that Gbagbo has had nothing to offer them since the majority of Ivorians are too block headed to disgard ethnic differences in favor of a wiser choice.

Its time for him to go
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by superboi(m): 12:09am On Dec 30, 2010
morpheus24
The international community has searched Quattara's past and favor him to lead, so he could resign the Oil deals that he signed when he was acting president because Gbagbo might change or put in an open bid and give to the Chinese or Russians like Ghana did or the Nigerian PIB was suppose to do?

This is really a tuff war taking place in west African between the Old and the Emerging powers, and my grouse is that we are not aware once again like during the cold war and taking sides with outsiders instead of protecting our national intrest.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by tunnytox(m): 12:31am On Dec 30, 2010
superboi:

morpheus24 ,

I am with you on this you see the international communities or should i say imperialists like France , the EU and the UN seem to have an hidden agenda, they shouldn't have taken any side by backing Quattara. Any election any where in this world can be disputed and not until all legal means have been exhausted no one can just be declared a winner. How can the UN just recognise Quatarra even when its obvious that the election is disputable? I think they have a hidden agenda. Lets wait for few more years before wikileaks reveal the secret behind this Ivorian saga
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 30, 2010
morpheus24 said:

The international community has searched Quattara's past and favor him to lead that country.

You mean ''the western powers''.

Spare us this ''international community'' horseshiit.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by morpheus24: 1:51am On Dec 30, 2010
ROSSIKE:

morpheus24 said:

You mean ''the western powers''.

Spare us this ''international community'' horseshiit.

I won't even dignify your response only refer you to go look up the word international.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by morpheus24: 2:00am On Dec 30, 2010
tunnytox:

I am with you on this you see the international communities or should i say imperialists like France , the EU and the UN seem to have an hidden agenda, they shouldn't have taken any side by backing Quattara. Any election any where in this world can be disputed and not until all legal means have been exhausted no one can just be declared a winner. How can the UN just recognise Quatarra even when its obvious that the election is disputable? I think they have a hidden agenda. Lets wait for few more years before wikileaks reveal the secret behind this Ivorian saga
everyone has a hidden agenda. Its called "national interest". how do you read that as a hidden agenda.

The FACT. I repeat the fact still remains that the greatest prosperity Ivory coast ever experienced was when it was in coperation with France economical. Millions of immigrants flooded the country. Hmmm Wonder why?. what has Gbagbo done for his beloved nation. Still fighting huh?

You guys remind me of a saying by a one time senegalese president regarding doing business with the so called imperialist "Give me poverty by my own hand than wealth with slavery. Don't you get it dumbasses. The two situations are slavery in of itself. The latter is the lesser of the two evils and gives you a chance to creae change inevitabely because of the creation of a middle class.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by tunnytox(m): 9:41am On Dec 30, 2010
morpheus24:

everyone has a hidden agenda. Its called "national interest". how do you read that as a hidden agenda.

The FACT. I repeat the fact still remains that the greatest prosperity Ivory coast ever experienced was when it was in coperation with France economical. Millions of immigrants flooded the country. Hmmm Wonder why?. what has Gbagbo done for his beloved nation. Still fighting huh?

You guys remind me of a saying by a one time senegalese president regarding doing business with the so called imperialist "Give me poverty by my own hand than wealth with slavery. Don't you get it dumbasses. The two situations are slavery in of itself. The latter is the lesser of the two evils and gives you a chance to creae change inevitabely because of the creation of a middle class.

Pls learn to make your point without calling people names, I don't agree that Ivory Coast can't be properous without cooperating with France. Some former French colonies are now realising how greedy the French imperialists are if they are going to choose a lesser evil they could easily trade with other imperialists like Britain who are less greedy than France. Rwanda for instance were not trading with France for years after the genocide and there is no indication that their economy is worse off.

Finally the saying of the former senegalese president is a typical saying of a slavery orientated imperialist puppet, the fact remains that no country can trade with itself but if you stood your ground and suffer a little the time will come when you'll realise other means of achieving prosperity with or without these imperialists.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by morpheus24: 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2010
tunnytox:

Finally the saying of the former senegalese president is a typical saying of a slavery orientated imperialist puppet, the fact remains that no country can trade with itself but if you stood your ground and suffer a little the time will come when you'll realise other means of achieving prosperity with or without these imperialists.

Ah the Mugabe arguement. Right right. Cause his regime is not full of the same corrupt people. I don't understand the reasoning. One would permit his own people to steal from him than a foreigner. If our African leaders were Angels and not men I would agree with you 100%. However knowing fully well that they too prey on your ignorance, tribalism, ehtnic rambling and detest of people who do not look like you to consolidate power should clue you into what you percieve as the ultimate solution.

Men are not to be trusted and powers should be seperated, checked and balanced at all times. Only possible if the people are fully engaged. The people can only be fully engaged if they are fully aware. They can only be fully aware if they are fully educated and are not sidelined by irrelevant cultural issues such as tribalism which do not further the ecomonomical stability of any nation. Take a clue from South Africa, China and Brazil

A wise man learns from his enemies so he is not doomed to repeat their folly.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by tunnytox(m): 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2010
I agree with you thogh that the reason why this might not be achievable is because many of our leaders are corrupt and self centred however, if we have leaders who are selfless and ready to put in their best it will only be a matter of time before things improve towards economic prosperity
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by Horus(m): 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2010
morpheus24:

It is not a court, get your fact sraight , I am fluent in french language and I can tell you that it is Le Conseil Constitutionel. There is also the CEI (Commission Electorale Independante) composed with 90% of Allassane Ouattara supporters.
The CEI was infiltrated by Allassane Ouattara suporters under pressure from the UN, this mean that the CEI with 90% of Allassane Ouattara supporters is not independant. I think you are confusing Le Conseil Constitutionel and the CEI (Commission Electorale Independante).
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by morpheus24: 10:11pm On Dec 31, 2010
Horus:

It is not a court, get your fact sraight , I am fluent in french language and I can tell you that it is Le Conseil Constitutionel. There is also the CEI (Commission Electorale Independante) composed with 90% of Allassane Ouattara supporters.
The CEI was infiltrated by Allassane Ouattara suporters under pressure from the UN, this mean that the CEI with 90% of Allassane Ouattara supporters is not independant. I think you are confusing Le Conseil Constitutionel and the CEI (Commission Electorale Independante).

Semantics my friend. a constitutional council is similar to a judiciary brance of government. I don't need to be fluent in french in understand that concept.

Again this is a power struggel game being played and has nothing to do withthe advancement of the ovory coast. List anything progressive Gbagbo has done for Ivory coast since his tenure in office.

Allasane helped his nation during the 1980's cocoa price crisis and served as PM and stepped down as prime minsiter as well going back to work for the UN. he hasa more credibility
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by Horus(m): 4:28am On Jan 02, 2011
Alassane Ouattara started the rebellion by killing five thousands ivorians. He should be put on trial for war crime. The attack on the Nigerian Embassy in Cote d’Ivoire is a reaction to the action taken by ECOWAS, whose chairman is President, Goodluck Jonathan. Ivory Coast will oppose anyone that would dare to invade the country. Any leader that would be insane enough to send its army into The Ivory Coast, would made his own country an eternal enemy of Ivory Coast.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by morpheus24: 2:06am On Jan 03, 2011
Horus:

Alassane Ouattara started the rebellion by killing five thousands ivorians. He should be put on trial for war crime. The attack on the Nigerian Embassy in Cote d’Ivoire is a reaction to the action taken by ECOWAS, whose chairman is President, Goodluck Jonathan. Ivory Coast will oppose anyone that would dare to invade the country. Any leader that would be insane enough to send its army into The Ivory Coast, would made his own country an eternal enemy of Ivory Coast.
Stop being sentimental and use your cerebral cortex with all this your soverignty crap and go read the ECOWAS Charter which Ivory Coast signed on for. Thats the same nonsense propaganda people like you who have no knowledge of military intervention kept spreading when Ecomog came and assited in liberating sierra leone from the Infamous R.U.F.who were brutally massacring their people. The idiots kept on calling it an invasion and the Nigerians were coming to come steal sierra leones national resources and take over their country. Bull Crap!

The real reason Ecomog is ready to sacrifice valuable soldier's lifes is because an all out civil war will destabilize the region again and cause every one within that region to suffer political and economical consequences including mass outflow of refugees, gross genocide and all sorts of illegal activities.

By the way you stillhaven't answered the question on what substantial progress MR gbagbo has doen for his people since his tenure
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by Horus(m): 1:58pm On Jan 03, 2011
morpheus24:

Stop being sentimental and use your cerebral cortex with all this your soverignty crap and go read the ECOWAS Charter which Ivory Coast signed on for. Thats the same nonsense propaganda people like you who have no knowledge of military intervention kept spreading when Ecomog came and assited in liberating sierra leone from the Infamous R.U.F.who were brutally massacring their people. The idiots kept on calling it an invasion and the Nigerians were coming to come steal sierra leones national resources and take over their country. Bull Crap!

The real reason Ecomog is ready to sacrifice valuable soldier's lifes is because an all out civil war will destabilize the region again and cause every one within that region to suffer political and economical consequences including mass outflow of refugees, gross genocide and all sorts of illegal activities.

By the way you stillhaven't answered the question on what substantial progress MR gbagbo has doen for his people since his tenure

Gbagbo created multipartism, before him only one party was allowed and political opposition was not allowed.
Now Only you dont know that Alassane created the war by attacking Ivory Coast and killed 5000 ivorians. Or you deny this fact?
Ecomog will not bring peace at all, even if Ecomog can put Alassane in power things will get worse and a civil war will start for a very long time. Nobody will allow a rebel, a terrorist and a puppet of the west to lead the country. The situation is not the same as Liberia and Sierra Leonne, there is too much fanatics civilians with weapons and things will get out of hands extremely rapidly.

The real reason Ecomog is ready to sacrifice valuable soldier's lifes is because an all out civil war will destabilize the region  again and cause every one within that region to suffer political and economical consequences including mass outflow of refugees, gross genocide and all sorts of illegal activities.

At the moment there is no war so Ecomog cannot stop the war is there is no war, Ecomog will start the war. Ivory Coast is not invading nigeria, it is nigeria who want to invade Ivory Coast. For Ivorians Ecomog=Nigeria. Now people in Ivory coast hate Goodluck Jonathan so much that they are very happy about the Abuja bomb blast at a the military barracks. If you insult the  soverignty of Ivory Coast like you did in your last post dont expect Ivorians to respect nigeria. Congratulation to MEND.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by morpheus24: 2:40pm On Jan 03, 2011
Horus:

Gbagbo created multipartism, before him only one party was allowed and political opposition was not allowed.
Stop lying through your nose and spreading disinformation to people. Gbagbo did not create multipartism. In what year did he do that. Please get your facts straight.

Horus:

Now Only you dont know that Alassane created the war by attacking Ivory Coast and killed 5000 ivorians. Or you deny this fact?
How can an Ivory coast citizen invade Ivory coast. Rebel soldiers were infuriated by the Robert Guie, Ivorite and  Gbagbo presidential fiasco and staged a coup feeling that they would be marginalized because of the tribalisitc tendencies of the South. Allasane was chosen by them after it appeared he had been excluded from previous elections due to "unreasonable" circumstances.

Horus:

Ecomog will not bring peace at all, even if Ecomog can put Alassane in power things will get worse and a civil war will start for a very long time. Nobody will allow a rebel, a terrorist and a puppet of the west to lead the country. The situation is not the same as Liberia and Sierra Leonne, there is too much fanatics civilians with weapons and things will get out of hands extremely rapidly.
You mean there are too many ethnicly hatred driven hungry young ivorians who are ready to fight cause they have been told to do so

Horus:

At the moment there is no war so Ecomog cannot stop the war is there is no war, Ecomog will start the war. Ivory Coast is not invading nigeria, it is nigeria who want to invade Ivory Coast. For Ivorians Ecomog=Nigeria. Now people in Ivory coast hate Goodluck Jonathan so much that they are very happy about the Abuja bomb blast at a the military barracks. If you insult the  soverignty of Ivory Coast like you did in your last post dont expect Ivorians to respect nigeria. Congratulation to MEND.

So Ecomog should wait for a war first before taking action. Right thats real smart coming from you Horus. Wait and let people die first then they will be justified to come do something then. Right right. Very intelligent strategy.

The Ivorians that hate Goodluck are MINDLESS ILLITERATES who cannot comprehend the enormous human suffering that will soon engulf Ivory coast because their elite leaders are brainswashing and diverting their attention away from the long term implications of ignorant ethnic driven political leadership.

If it were left to me I wouldn't send in the troops, only problem is if issues do escalate those hungry refugees will start flooding other West African countries crying about how they are being terrorized and violated asking for handouts from the same UN, imperialist France and other African neighbours
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by Horus(m): 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2011
Stop lying through your nose and spreading disinformation to people. Gbagbo did not create multipartism. In what year did he do that. Please get your facts straight.
It is you who have to stop spreadind disinformation and lies through your nose, Gbagbo in 1990 created multipartism after puting the Ivorian government under pressure to vote and allow a new article of the constitution to allow multipartism.

Source: http://afriquinfos.centerblog.net/6642-multipartisme-20ans-apres-que-devient-la-ci

How can an Ivory coast citizen invade Ivory coast. Rebel soldiers were infuriated by the Robert Guie, Ivorite and  Gbagbo presidential fiasco and staged a coup feeling that they would be marginalized because of the tribalisitc tendencies of the South. Allasane was chosen by them after it appeared he had been excluded from previous elections due to "unreasonable" circumstances.

Absolute CRAP!! 90% of the the rebels are not Ivorians and Ivority was created by Henri Kona Bedie. The coup d'Etat attemp was staged by Alassane Ouattara because of his presidential fiasco, not Gbagbo.

You mean there are too many ethnicly hatred driven hungry young ivorians who are ready to fight cause they have been told to do so

They have been told to do so by Alassane Ouattara.

So Ecomog should wait for a war first before taking action. Right thats real smart coming from you Horus. Wait and let people die first then they will be justified to come do something then. Right right. Very intelligent strategy.

There is no war at the moment but there are rebels in the west who are forcing a population of 19.000 people to flee to Liberia and Guinea, they are being terrorized and violated by Alassane Ouattara's rebels (FN), why Ecomog dont help them? Instead Ecomog want to help the rebels. Strange isnt?

The Ivorians that hate Goodluck are MINDLESS ILLITERATES who cannot comprehend the enormous human suffering that will soon engulf Ivory coast because their elite leaders are brainswashing and diverting their attention away from the long term implications of ignorant ethnic driven political leadership.

If it were left to me I wouldn't send in the troops, only problem is if issues do escalate those hungry refugees will start flooding other West African countries crying about how they are being terrorized and violated asking for handouts from the same UN, imperialist France and other African neighbours

I go often in Ivory Coast and my wife is ivorian, stop believing the brainswashing crap of the western media, it is so easy to say that the problem is ethnic when the problem is not ethnic it is a problem coming from the west who want to control the country. It is France who give arms to the rebels. The MINDLESS ILLITERATES is Goodluck Jonathan, the "House Negro" of the west who is so eager to show his muscle just to please his white master. But everything will backfire on him politicaly.
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by morpheus24: 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2011
Horus:

It is you who have to stop spreadind disinformation and lies through your nose, Gbagbo in 1990 created multipartism after puting the Ivorian government under pressure to vote and allow a new article of the constitution to allow multipartism.

Source: http://afriquinfos.centerblog.net/6642-multipartisme-20ans-apres-que-devient-la-ci

Gbagbo fought for multipartism. There is a difference. The existing government implemented multipartism. You still haven't answered my question. What did he do 10 years in power.
Horus:

Absolute CRAP!! 90% of the the rebels are not Ivorians and Ivority was created by Henri Kona Bedie. The coup d'Etat attemp was staged by Alassane Ouattara because of his presidential fiasco, not Gbagbo.
Right right. It wasn't Bedie and Gbagbo who continued to question Alassane's nationality and create ethnic tensions in the populous. By the way what constitutes an Ivorian.
Maybe you should ask your wife what it means to be an ivorian in 50 years of independence. What makes her Ivorian if there is such a thing. A mere generation of established nationality without true established basis on ethnicity, religion or political cohesion.

Horus:

They have been told to do so by Alassane Ouattara.
Right, one measly economist who had  no military service has the power to unite a rebel force full of armed men to do his will without any undelying reasons. Hmmmm?

Horus:

There is no war at the moment but there are rebels in the west who are forcing a population of 19.000 people to flee to Liberia and Guinea, they are being terrorized and violated by Alassane Ouattara's rebels (FN), why Ecomog dont help them? Instead Ecomog want to help the rebels. Strange isnt?
Cause you need to cut off the head of the serpent in order to make it incapable of biting you hard in the azz later down the line. Military strategy 101

Horus:

I go often in Ivory Coast and my wife is ivorian, stop believing the brainswashing crap of the western media, it is so easy to say that the problem is ethnic when the problem is not ethnic it is a problem coming from the west who want to control the country. It is France who give arms to the rebels. The MINDLESS ILLITERATES is Goodluck Jonathan, the "House Negro" of the west who is so eager to show his muscle just to please his white master. But everything will backfire on him politicaly.

The western media has no control over my ability to extract external information, analyze, dissect and interpret using my God given cognitive abilities constrained by the difficult impulse to be biased based on skewed data. I deal with the facts not propaganda my friend because in the end. They hardly lie.

What has laurent Gbagbo done for his people in the last 10 years of the 21st century to move his people forward other tha a deadlock staelmeat power struggle or does the excuse to govern come from instability.

If so what a bad leader, unable to multitask. Should be replaced don't you think?
Re: Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. by Horus(m): 1:41pm On Jan 04, 2011
Right, one measly economist who had  no military service has the power to unite a rebel force full of armed men to do his will without any undelying reasons. Hmmmm?

You know very well that there is underlying reason exactly like you know very well that Alassane Ouattara created the rebel force armed by France. It is the former French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin and Alassane Ouattara who decided to separate the country in two part (North and South). Even today in 2011 the rebels called FN (Forces Nouvelles)control 60% of the north part of the country. They control the diamond and cocoa trade on the north part.
Gbagbo fought for multipartism. There is a difference. The existing government implemented multipartism. You still haven't answered my question. What did he do 10 years in power.
Are you serious?. Gbagbo is the first who fought for multipartism. And the gouvernment implemented it only under and after pressure from Gbagbo when he was inside a federation of student called (La Fesci). He was even put in jail six month. In 10 year in power there was many obstacle for him to work properly. Everybody in Cote d'Ivoire know that in 2002 Alassane Ouattara after his failed coup d'Etat made the following statment: I will make this country Ungovernable. And this is exactly what he did. It was not easy for Gbagbo to work in 10 years when the rebels own 60% of the country and the natural ressouces. The government didnt have the power to collect taxes coming from the north under rebels control. You have to agree that this was not easy for Gbagbo under such conditions to run the country. He control only 40% of the country, even today.
Right right. It wasn't Bedie and Gbagbo who continued to question Alassane's nationality and create ethnic tensions in the populous. By the way what constitutes an Ivorian.
Gbagbo is the one who allowed Allassane to run for election.
Cause you need to cut off the head of the serpent in order to make it incapable of biting you hard in the azz later down the line. Military strategy 101
The civilian population know that the snake are the rebels under the control of Guillaume Soro and Alassane Ouattara.
The western media has no control over my ability to extract external information, analyze, dissect and interpret using my God given cognitive abilities constrained by the difficult impulse to be biased based on skewed data. I deal with the facts not propaganda my friend because in the end. They hardly lie.
If you deal with facts you know who created and lead the rebellion and you know that the same powers that help militarly the rebels are exactly the same powers that want the natural ressource of the country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Future First Lady? See Melania Trump's Nude Photo Shoot / Breaking: Iranian Professional Hackers Hacks The US Government Website / The Euro: Possibly the Real Reason for US Invasion of Iraq?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.