Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,347 members, 7,881,283 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:51 PM

Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? (68416 Views)

Sweden To Return 39 Artefacts To Oba Of Benin's Palace / Eluku Festival: Notice Of Movement Restrictions In Ikorodu / Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by Unrated900(m): 10:51pm On Mar 11, 2020
Zombiekiller010:
be deceiving yourself

Better deceiving
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by g4gerald: 11:24pm On Mar 11, 2020
Celly2020:
11 pm to 4 am what am I doing on the road by that time
Runs gals too many for Benin especially around that area (ring road), they jst wan let them know.
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by CSTR2: 11:31pm On Mar 11, 2020
Amitez:

Very fetish people. To say all their pastors and reverends will pretend not to have seen this. Instead of them to hold all-night vigil around the place, they will silently go into hiding and come out to boast only on Sunday morning.
If you are not as anointed as Benson idahosa, you better run go inside.

He was the only one that openly confronted the oba of Benin and lived.
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by KorionPaz(m): 11:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
recievesense:
The juju way dey that place no go allow any governor to try wetin dem do Sanusi

The same juju dey when white men been dey flog their forefathers.[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by CSTR2: 11:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
but the British banish an ọba of Benin and nothing happened to him.. In fact they lived happily ever after...
The direct perpetuators may have faced untold tragedy when they went back to Britain.

We will never know.
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by osothermal(m): 12:01am On Mar 12, 2020
The real King

Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by klax(m): 12:22am On Mar 12, 2020
courage54:
Any governor that tries nonsense around the Oba of Benin will just run mad the next morning

Are you sure

1 Like

Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by thinkmoney(m): 12:27am On Mar 12, 2020
recievesense:
If he too vex any governor, dey go remove am. Oyinbos did more than a century ago and heaven didn't fall.

1 Like

Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by eliash: 12:30am On Mar 12, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:
This is laughable actually. Ever since Sanusi's issue begins,these Benin people have been making spirited efforts to make their Oba appears larger than the whole universe itself !

The noise is just too much ! Oba is this,Oba is that,wetin na ? You guys are only being foolish if you ever imagine that a non Bini person will fear or respect your Oba just like you do.

When it comes to real juju,trust me, you're all learners over there,including your Oba. What is the big deal if movements are restricted around the palace of an Oba for certain sacred meetings ,sacrifice or processions ? Is that not why he is called an Oba ?

In your futile attempts at promoting your Oba as untouchable, most powerful and etc since Sanusi saga begins,you have only succeeded in bringing disrespect his way by other non Bini people. You exposed him to all manners of insults !

The message you are sending 'codedly' is that you want the rest of us to believe that your Oba is above the law of Nigeria and that he cannot be dethroned but that is a big lie. He will be dethroned and sent on exile if he oversteps his boundaries.

Let it be known as well that if anybody is killed in the name of any tradition and it becomes known to the law,those who are involved will spend the rest of their lives in jail that is if they are not killed.

Actions against the oba has consequence...the government can try but can he face the consequences is another thing.
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by olmoRoc: 1:44am On Mar 12, 2020
[quote author=recievesense post=87359096]The juju way dey that place no go allow any governor to try wetin dem do Sanusi[/quote

are you aware of the last military admin (Anthony Onyearugbulem) of the state's feud with the late Oba?
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by tonididdy(m): 5:56am On Mar 12, 2020
Celly2020:
11 pm to 4 am what am I doing on the road by that time
Lol club boys na.
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by cyrilamx(m): 6:36am On Mar 12, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
but the British banish an ọba of Benin and nothing happened to him.. In fact they lived happily ever after...
That means you not a really a fan of history. The man who presided over the banishment of the Oba, Consul General Ralph Moor of Britain never lived a happy life afterwards. He died b4 the exiled Oba on 14th November 1909 of suicide induced by depression. He wasn't alone but majority of the principle actors in the Benin punitive expedition. Just Google Ralph Moor.
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by babyfaceafrica: 7:13am On Mar 12, 2020
osothermal:
The real King
.... Even Obasanjo (bigger than all Nigerian governors) portrasted before Ooni . Abeg stop making mouth

1 Like

Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by fishbone11(m): 7:35am On Mar 12, 2020
recievesense:
make the Governor try am na
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by APCNig: 7:36am On Mar 12, 2020
olatade:
Nonsense tradition in the 21st century

Go near nah and be sacrificed to Sango.
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by fof1: 7:57am On Mar 12, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
MMM is back

LAZY AND INDOLENT FELLOWS FESTER D LAND. GET ENGAGED IN LEGIT BUZ. OR GET IN TOUCH WITH ME FOR DIRECTIONS. NO WORK DO BUSINESS. 'DROPS OF WATER MAKE MIGHTY OCEAN...' REACH ME HERE 08027164844. CONGRATS...
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by Rexomania1111(m): 8:02am On Mar 12, 2020
todaynewsreview:
As seen online, there is going to be restriction of movement around the Oba of Benin Palace from Sunday night to Monday morning.

Let's all be cautious as those in the know verify this circular.

Thanks

Oba gha to kpere.........Ise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by NaijaOlosho(f): 8:03am On Mar 12, 2020
Didi2d:

Really? Give me the link

Lazy yooth grin
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by arnoldogiamien: 10:31am On Mar 12, 2020
Sammy07:
Benin people loved/fear their Oba Ehn.

He's a god in Benin.. cool

I actually I like it.
And he doesn't involve in politics
who fear In a of Benin.
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:07am On Mar 12, 2020
eliash:
Actions against the oba has consequence...the government can try but can he face the consequences is another thing.

Government means " Ijo awon Oba" in Yoruba language. Do you have any idea what that means ? It means " congregation of kings" in the true sense of it.

You need to understand that government is powerful than any Oba because it is a " congregation of Kings"- Ijo awon Oba i.e Ijoba in Yoruba language.

If Oba of Benin oversteps his boundary, government will deal/punish him accordingly without any consequence..

1 Like

Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by Irore: 11:15am On Mar 12, 2020
sweetjohn:
Human Sacrifice loading...

I just wonder who's daughters, sons, mothers and fathers will be used in this sacrifice/ritual called tradition in this 21st century. May God have mercy on them because they know not what they do. Above all, grant them a repentant heart.

1 Like

Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by eliash: 11:48am On Mar 12, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

Government means " Ijo awon Oba" in Yoruba language. Do you have any idea what that means ? It means " congregation of kings" in the true sense of it.

You need to understand that government is powerful than any Oba because it is a " congregation of Kings"- Ijo awon Oba i.e Ijoba in Yoruba language.

If Oba of Benin oversteps his boundary, government will deal/punish him accordingly without any consequence..
is the individual in government powerful than the oba. Go back to history and see what happened to the person who once tried it. I believe you have not stayed in Benin to know how the bini's respect or should I say fear traditional things than the government. My point is the government can try but can the individual in government stand the consequences of his actions
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:15pm On Mar 12, 2020
eliash:
is the individual in government powerful than the oba. Go back to history and see what happened to the person who once tried it. I believe you have not stayed in Benin to know how the bini's respect or should I say fear traditional things than the government. My point is the government can try but can the individual in government stand the consequences of his actions

Guy,you wanna shove it down my throat that your Oba is bigger than the government of your state or that of Nigeria or what exactly ? Binis respect their Oba and so ? Don't I respect my own Oba too or you want to lecture me about custom and tradition, a Yoruba man like me ?

Are you a toddler ? All the deities you pay homages to and worship,in your so called palace, have their roots in my land,Yoruba land. What do you guys even know about the 201deities that are deeply rooted in Yoruba land and being worshiped by the traditionalists every blessed day in Ile Ife ? Bini people,traditional things blah blah blah ! When it comes to real juju,'Oogun abenun gongo',everybody in your land,including your Oba is a learner when we, the Yorubas are talking.

Your Oba is not bigger than any government at any level and he can be dethroned if the push comes to shove. That is my point to you.

I know as a Yoruba man what Ifa divination and its literary corpus,Odu Ifa says about Oba," Alase igba keji Orisa and I have respect for all of them. So you see,my dear Bini man,you are not in any position to lecture me about any "traditional thing". This topic is stale already,you may not get any response from me on it again. See you on another thread !
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by passionate87(m): 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2020
recievesense:
the governor wan die in few days be that no be mouth Na true talk.
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by passionate87(m): 3:55pm On Mar 12, 2020
adelaja70:

Why the juju no stop colonial masters? Abi them be spirit?...
Guy read history well it was a long fight btw the oba and the british,they had casualties from their side as well,Oba ovoranme was betrayed by a benin high chief that was how he was captured.Africans have always had this betrayal attitude because of our greed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by passionate87(m): 4:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Tradition and Culture that couldn't save us from the colonial masters.. Which kain traditions be that?
Bro,the British had casualties too(many),the conquered oba ovoranme via betrayal from a benin chief
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by adelaja70(m): 5:23pm On Mar 12, 2020
passionate87:

Guy read history well it was a long fight btw the oba and the british,they had casualties from their side as well,Oba ovoranme was betrayed by a benin high chief that was how he was captured.Africans have always had this betrayal attitude because of our greed
Abeg leave story for Wole Soyinka...
Re: Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
NurseJay:
I wonder how many virgin heads will be used for the ceremony.
Do they still do that barbaric tradition?
That's so craziee mehn!

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation / Opobo: Town Where Keeping Dogs, Noise Making At Night Are Forbidden / Different South African Tribes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.