Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,306 members, 7,887,898 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:06 PM

A New Bill Passes First Reading - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A New Bill Passes First Reading (527 Views)

Bill To Create Orlu State Passes First Reading In House of Representatives / Buhari Submits PIB To National Assembly, Scraps NNPC, PPPRA In New Bill / 3 Months Imprisonment For Social Media Offenders - Bill Passes First Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

A New Bill Passes First Reading by nick50(m): 6:31pm On Mar 11, 2020
A bill seeking the ban on the importation and use of all kinds of generators passes first reading at the Senate on Wednesday.
The bill which was sponsored by the representing Niger South, Bima Enagi, seeks to outlaw the use of electric generators in the country.
Due to the epileptic nature of power supply across the country, many Nigerians rely on generators as sources of power supply in their homes and businesses.
Aside proposing the ban on generators, the bill is also proposing that anybody that imports or sells generators in the country risks at least 10 years imprisonment.

The bill states: “Importers of generating sets or anybody that knowingly sells generating sets shall be guilty of an offence and be liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term not less than 10 years,” the bill states in part.
“All persons are hereby directed to stop the use of electricity generating sets which run on diesel/petrol/kerosene of all capacities with immediate effect in the country.”
However, the bill exempted the use of generating sets for “essential services.”
The essential services, according to the bill, include medical purposes (hospitals and nursing homes and facilities), airports and railway stations services.
Re: A New Bill Passes First Reading by nick50(m): 6:31pm On Mar 11, 2020
Fp please!!!
Re: A New Bill Passes First Reading by Righteousness89(m): 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2020
If the present leadership means business for this country... this bill will be passed and Strictly implemented
Re: A New Bill Passes First Reading by Ladylite: 6:39pm On Mar 11, 2020
It is a subtle way to control media and information so that can make Nigeria an Islamic state.

2 Likes

Re: A New Bill Passes First Reading by Righteousness89(m): 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2020
Azmanaty:

I can guess u are a northerner. I dont know how u folks reason... With ur anus??

How do u leave the root cause of problem and want to tackle it cosmetically...
Do u know that Generators literally power the economy of Nigeria?? Tell ur leaders to provide electricity and no one will buy generator again. Even in the US, they have generators which they use when there is power cut

Brother you need Help..
Re: A New Bill Passes First Reading by Sikay19(m): 7:22pm On Mar 11, 2020
Azmanaty:

I can guess u are a northerner. I dont know how u folks reason... With ur anus??

Do u know that Generators literally power the economy of Nigeria?? Tell ur leaders to provide electricity and no one will buy generator again. Even in the US, they have generators which they use when there is power cut
Ladylite:
You get serious issue.
Well, In my opinion. This seems to me like putting cart before the horse because for this idea to be applauded The country must have being enjoying uninterrupted power supply as a sustainable and credible alternative rather than this current epileptic power situation. But then what do i know ? In another view, this might be a fight against the people frustrating the power supply for their own gai thereby putting the stakeholders into actions. Let's see how it plays out.
Re: A New Bill Passes First Reading by TylerDurden: 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2020
[s]
Righteousness89:

Brother you need Help..
[/s]
Re: A New Bill Passes First Reading by comradewanle(m): 7:32pm On Mar 11, 2020
Do they need to stop the selling of generator before we experience stable power supply?
Re: A New Bill Passes First Reading by Righteousness89(m): 7:42pm On Mar 11, 2020
Azmanaty:

Sister, u need death
As u Love death! Let it come u instantly!
Re: A New Bill Passes First Reading by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 7:51pm On Mar 11, 2020
Azmanaty:

You most be very stupi-d,why most everything be north vs south to you,did he said that he is a northerner? As for this bill,who ever proposed it,do not have the best interest of ordinary Nigerian at heart.99% of businesses in Nigeria are depending on generators to function,so this bill is a death sentence to all businesses in Nigeria.
Re: A New Bill Passes First Reading by GamalNasser: 7:56pm On Mar 11, 2020
Righteousness89:
If the present leadership means business for this country... this bill will be passed and Strictly implemented
Are you saying the bill is right?
Re: A New Bill Passes First Reading by Righteousness89(m): 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2020
GamalNasser:

Are you saying the bill is right?

Correct
Re: A New Bill Passes First Reading by Auxtin85(m): 8:01pm On Mar 11, 2020
No doubt the bill was sponsored by a northerner
Re: A New Bill Passes First Reading by SciLab: 8:10pm On Mar 11, 2020
So if EEDC won't give me light, I can't provide myself electricity in my small factory?

These buffons in the national assembly want to stifle small scale and medium scale industries.

I wish the Ambazonian rebels and boko haram can help us detonate bombs in that chamber.
Re: A New Bill Passes First Reading by Azmanaty: 8:11pm On Mar 11, 2020
Righteousness89:

As I Love death! Let it come to my mother instantly!

Amen for U!
Re: A New Bill Passes First Reading by Mynd44: 8:25pm On Mar 11, 2020

(1)

Biafra: Ipob’s Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Reports Of ‘attack’ On President Buhari / Oyo State Starts School On Air Programmes, Rolls Out Time Table / Covid19:ODUDUWA UNIVERSITY Chancellor Is giving Out To The Masses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.