Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,942 members, 7,927,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 10:18 PM

Advice Pls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Pls (817 Views)

I Really Need Advice Pls / Wife And Inlaw Driving Me Crazy Advice Pls / I Need Advice Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Pls by Spinojaja26: 9:10pm On Mar 11, 2020
please advise me ! the parents and church members of the lady i want to marry are insisting we must not wedd in Catholic churcu my church rather in a Pentecostal church where she belong . if not they will not attend and will not give out their blessing. and this is about to ruin our relationship
Re: Advice Pls by SUPERPACK: 10:13pm On Mar 11, 2020
Spinojaja26:
please advise me ! the parents and church members of the lady i want to marry are insisting we must not wedd in Catholic churcu my church rather in a Pentecostal church where she belong . if not they will not attend and will not give out their blessing. and this is about to ruin our relationship
Stand your ground they are very stupid. Traditional marriage is done based on bride family choice, church marriage is to be determined by Grooms family. Should they insist, go for court wedding or get another wife.
Re: Advice Pls by jesmond3945: 12:53am On Mar 12, 2020
i tire for our people. learned people for that matter. Most of the times this is instigated by the priest.
Re: Advice Pls by NoToPile: 1:07am On Mar 12, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Stand your ground they are very stupid. Traditional marriage is done based on bride family choice, church marriage is to be determined by Grooms family. Should they insist, go for court wedding or get another wife.

Which culture is the bride from

Where I come from traditional and church is determined by the brides family.

If this is an intertribal marriage one has to bend for another.

6 Likes

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 12, 2020
If the condition comes from the parents, honor it and don’t think over it, after marriage you can start to misbehave. But if it comes from the woman you want to marry and she insists, drop her like hot dodo and don’t think over it.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by Liliyann(f): 7:37am On Mar 12, 2020
Church wedding is always the lady's church and not the man, if after wedding, you can decide to worship there or continue in your place of worship, the family can't do much then coz you guys are legally married.
Have a talk with your wife to be, you can honour her parents wish but you guys should decide on the church to be going to avoid issh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Pls by frozen70(f): 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2020
Spinojaja26:

This is a very simple issue, in as much as she will end up with you in the Catholic

Alternatively, end the relationship

Any marriage with out both parents blessing hardly work

You can't kill ourself
Re: Advice Pls by frozen70(f): 4:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
SUPERPACK:

Your advice is too harsh, just learn to consider other peoples feelings before taking a decision if not you will be stepping on toes steady

3 Likes

Re: Advice Pls by demoBaba: 7:32pm On Mar 14, 2020
Team trandition marriage only, church weeding is for White.
Re: Advice Pls by LadySarah: 7:41pm On Mar 14, 2020
Then they should find a catholic for her. There has to be cohesion n unity. If you give in to this demand, be ready to iron the issue later in marriage
Re: Advice Pls by OlawaleBammie: 8:14pm On Mar 14, 2020
Spinojaja26:

Oga, wedding is done in the bride's family church sir.

SMH. WETIN RELIGIOSITY GO CAUSE EEHN!!

2 Likes

Re: Advice Pls by GboyegaD(m): 8:55pm On Mar 14, 2020
Both of you should communicate. At worst, do court and not go to church.
Re: Advice Pls by Mariangeles(f): 10:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
Spinojaja26:
please advise me ! the parents and church members of the lady i want to marry are insisting we must not wed in Catholic church, my church rather in a Pentecostal church where she belong . if not they will not attend and will not give out their blessing. and this is about to ruin our relationship

The wedding is usually held in the bride's family's church, after all, they're the ones giving out their daughter. Consider that.
If it means so much to you, after the wedding in the pentecostal church, you both can meet with the Reverend Father of your parish for his blessings.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian Who's Planning to Marry 2 Ladies In A Day (image) / The Tale Of A 17 Y'old Mother / Is Laser Hair Removal Safe? 5 Things To Know Before Getting It Done

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.