Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,713 members, 7,921,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:21 AM

Parents To Face Jail Term, If They Fail To Send Their Child To School - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Parents To Face Jail Term, If They Fail To Send Their Child To School (311 Views)

Alleged Organ Trafficking: Ekweremadu, Wife Risk Long Jail Term If Convicted / Sanwo-Olu Threatens To Ban NURTW In Lagos If They Fail To Conduct Themselves / In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents To Face Jail Term, If They Fail To Send Their Child To School by TMSMedia: 4:10am On Mar 12, 2020
A law has been passed that could make parents in Zimbabwe face approximately 2 years in jail if they fail to send their children to school, IgbereTV reports.

The Zimbabwean government has made education and learning compulsory for all children until the age of 16 to curb increasing numbers of school dropouts as a result of the inadequate state of the country’s economy. Approximately 20 percent of youngsters in some parts of the country do not go to school.

The new legislation also makes it an offense to expel pupils for non-payment of tuition fees or for getting pregnant.

It was recorded last year that a minimum of 60 percent of the pupils in the main schools was sent back home for failing to pay fees, according to the Zimbabwe Vulnerability Assessment Committee (ZimVac).

http://igberetvnews.com/1343677/parents-face-jail-term-fail-send-child-school/

Lalasticlala

Re: Parents To Face Jail Term, If They Fail To Send Their Child To School by socialmediaman: 4:11am On Mar 12, 2020
Re: Parents To Face Jail Term, If They Fail To Send Their Child To School by ursullalinda(f): 5:43am On Mar 12, 2020
Actually rushed to open thought it was in Nigeria......just for me to see Zimbabwe.......abeg I'm more worried about Nigeria.
Re: Parents To Face Jail Term, If They Fail To Send Their Child To School by RiyadhGoddess(f): 6:26am On Mar 12, 2020
Waoooh I thought it was Nigeria. Can this be implemented in Nigeria too?

Help Me oh my Lord. Save me and have mercy on me. Let the people know that you did it.
Let this be your prayer today through the weekend. Good morning.

Read my signature.

1 Like

Re: Parents To Face Jail Term, If They Fail To Send Their Child To School by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 12, 2020
Yes, so that no man will share in the glory Lord, help me.
RiyadhGoddess:
Waoooh I thought it was Nigeria. Can this be implemented in Nigeria too?

Help Me oh my Lord. Save me and have mercy on me. Let the people know that you did it.
Let this be your prayer today through the weekend. Good morning.

Read my signature.

2 Likes

Re: Parents To Face Jail Term, If They Fail To Send Their Child To School by princemillla(m): 8:56am On Mar 12, 2020
Only in Zimbabwe.
Re: Parents To Face Jail Term, If They Fail To Send Their Child To School by Lanretoye(m): 9:26am On Mar 12, 2020
here our dear northern elites dethrone and banish a king agitating for education of their children.

(1) (Reply)

State Of The Nation: We Must Build A Nation Against All Odds — Prof Ejike Read / Sanusi Lamido Dethronement And Banishment Is A Northern Script. / Soon Power Will Change In Kogi State - Natasha Akpoti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.