Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,882 members, 7,915,539 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:12 AM

List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. (5775 Views)

Edwin Clark: No Igbo-Speaking Person From Delta, Rivers Should Contest / Newslate Attah Igala Advocates Rapid Industrialization Of Igalaland– Gov. Bello / Is Igalaland Moving Forward? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. by DennisEche(m): 6:20pm On Mar 12, 2020
Pls add Ette,
Re: List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. by Coldie(m): 7:46pm On Mar 12, 2020
Everyday Igbo thread, una go find trouble run. Leave people way no know wetin happen to face the consequences. Of what use is this thread.

If there are igbos in kogi let them come to us, I am not in for any rubbish dispute.

Get sense o

2 Likes

Re: List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. by nku5: 7:54pm On Mar 12, 2020
Frankdoz8:
A list of Igbo Speaking communities in Igalaland, Kogi State.
The Igala are an ethnic group predominant in the present day Kogi State. They have physical boundaries and cultural afflictions with the Igbo, Idoma, Okun and Edo.
While a whole lot is known about some Igbo-speaking communities such as the Anioma in Delta State, Ndoki, Ikwerre and Etche in Riverstate, the Umuezekaoha people of Benue State etc. outside the five Southeastern states, very little is known as the Igbo-speaking people in Igala land.
As a result of the the heavy settlement of Igbo migrant farmers (19th and 20th centuries) in Igala land, one could find a handful of communities which are Igbo-speaking communities going by their names. Also, If you're acquainted with Igala language, you will find out that there's no 'Z' in their alphabet which is present in Igbo language. This equally justifies that the communities in question belong to the Igbo people.
The following are the Igbo-speaking communities in Igala land.
The EkeAvurugo in Ibaji LGA. They speak Igbo as their first language and Igala as their second language.
2. Ugwuebonyi, Ebokwe, Ozara, Amaeke, Amankpo, Amauwani camp, Amaokwu, Amadiefioha, Amaufulu, etc. all in Igalamela/Odolu lga of Kogi State
3. Nwajala, Umuoye, Ubulie-Umueze in Ibaji lga of Kogi state.
4. The Odolu community in Igalamela/Odolu LGA is said to speak Igala as first language and the Nsukka Igbo dialect as second language.
5. Akpanya in Igalamela/Odolu LGA. They all speak Igbo. Everyone born and bred in the town speak Igbo.
6. Onicha-Igo is a town in Ofu LGA of Kogi state

Olomaboro (south-east kogi) people I have met identified as Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. by XANDERBOY85: 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2020
Danzakidakura:
I come to believe that igbos are peace loving people. They are only hated for rejection Islam.so islamist terrorists from north and SW keep poisoning other Nigerians mind about this great tribe.but we from southern kaduna are wiser now.

Thanks bros! Kind sentiments! smiley
Re: List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. by achi4u(m): 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2020
Ugwuebonyi! Yeah we represent everywhere courtesy of Ezza people.
Re: List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. by Ezemust: 8:17pm On Mar 12, 2020
Homeboiy:
Odolu, Akpanya, Eke avrugo speaks Nsukka dialect

I share boundaries with them
Ette also

We Nsukka people share the same name with igala and idoma people

Eg. Attah,Ali ,Ameh,idoko,Agbo,Itodo,Odo,Apeh

Mostly Igboeze north and south
Where are u from.please
Re: List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. by Yujin(m): 8:23pm On Mar 12, 2020
obowo69:

Do you know that some tribes in the middlebelt fought against Biafra because they were worried of staying in Nigeria without Igbos in it.

BCC interviewed one of the middlebelt soldiers and he raised this concern.
This is true but it was because they were I'll informed. Gideon Orkar was the one correct man who knew the exact problem. Why he failed is still a mystery to me. I'm seriously pained by his failure.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. by Homeboiy: 8:49pm On Mar 12, 2020
Ezemust:
Where are u from.please

Nsukka LG
Re: List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:47am On Mar 13, 2020
This is what you see when a group of people are suffering from acute insecurity. I heard there are Igbo speaking communities,who once traced their roots to Anambra, in Somalia too !

Ekpele,e ma bo ninu e !
Re: List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. by Islamist: 11:36am On Mar 13, 2020
Danzakidakura:
I come to believe that igbos are peace loving people. They are only hated for rejection Islam.so islamist terrorists from north and SW keep poisoning other Nigerians mind about this great tribe.but we from southern kaduna are wiser now.

Imagine Core Northerners and Muslims from the South west calling Igbo people "Pigs"

That's because Muslims hate pigs
Anyone who doesn't agree with them will be referred as pig.
Re: List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. by Perkins2018: 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2020
Danzakidakura:

But we from anambra hate ourselves.
Re: List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. by Perkins2018: 12:46pm On Mar 13, 2020
azimo:
and we stand side by side with southern kaduna any day any time to see they are free and have the right to live freely. Freedom is for all and southern kaduna must be free

Keep deceiving yourself Igbo fool. Use your alternate monikers to quote the other claiming southern kaduna. Northern abia ni.
Re: List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. by Perkins2018: 12:49pm On Mar 13, 2020
horsepower102:
I opened a thread about how the wicked people that created the current Nigerian state maps after the civil war cut out so many peripheral igbo communities and added them to neighboring states.

Some people felt that my acknowledgement of that fact was causing trouble for them.

They prefered that I maintained the mainstream Nigerian lies that there are no Igbos from outside the artificially created south east.

Were these communities under the eastern region before the civil war?
Re: List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. by Islamist: 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2020
Perkins2018:

What's your definition of hate?
That's what you believe,

People who hate themselves always slaughter, bomb and kidnap themselves.

You Northerners have (Boko Haram)the 3rd most deadliest, (Fulani jihadist herdsmen) the 4th most deadliest terrorist group in the world,

Northern Nigerians placed Nigeria at 3rd position in the list of most terrorist countries in the world.

Love my foot

Re: List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 13, 2020
Perkins2018:

Keep deceiving yourself Igbo fool. Use your alternate monikers to quote the other claiming southern kaduna. Northern abia ni.
the naira is 425 per one euro as of today that should be your problem. Am not the solution to your frustrations.
Re: List Of Igbo Speaking Communities In Igalaland, Kogi State. by Danzakidakura(m): 2:57pm On Mar 13, 2020
Perkins2018:

you hate yourself ? Sorry i cant help your afonja Muslim skull.

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Renowned Economist Steve Hank Draws New Cartoon For Buhari / Photos | Zamfara State Governor’s Daughter Zainab Yari Weds In Grand Style! / Crisis Amongst Muslims In Jos Over APC And PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.