Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,722 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:15 AM

Alaibe, Others To Dump Pdp? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaibe, Others To Dump Pdp? (800 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Alaibe Makes Last-minute Move To Defect To PDP / Six Govs, Alaibe Boycott Inauguration Of Sylva’s Campaign Council / Timi Alaibe Withdraws From APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alaibe, Others To Dump Pdp? by chyz(m): 3:48am On Dec 23, 2010
[size=18pt]Alaibe, others to dump PDP?[/size]

Written by Soji Ajibola, Yenagoa Thursday, 23 December 2010

The Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Matters, Mr Timi Alaibe and other governorship aspirants in Bayelsa State were said to be considering the option of leaving the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) switch over to other political parties based on the alleged irregularities in the ongoing screening exercise in the state.

The screening exercise started few hours behind schedule on Tuesday, as document containing the list of aspirants was said to be missing from the party secretariat in Abuja.

Condemning the procedure, a spokesman for Timi Alaibe campaign organisation and House of Assembly aspirant, Mr Akininika Richard, said the screening exercise did not follow due process.

He alleged that the screening exercise has been hijacked by the party leadership in the state, adding that a list of 24 aspirants was forwarded to Abuja for ratification.

Richard said: “We are leaving the party to pursue our aspirations elsewhere. We are not participating in their primaries. We are going to the Labour Party to achieve our cause. The screening was marred by irregularities.”

However, the Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Mr. Eni Ketebu, said the hitch that caused the delay on the first day had been resolved, adding that the screening was going on smoothly.

On the threat by some aspirants to leave the party, Ketebu said anybody was free to leave the party if such a person discovered that he/she was not popular to take part in the internal democratic process of the party.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/15152-alaibe-others-to-dump-pdp
Re: Alaibe, Others To Dump Pdp? by Nobody: 4:07am On Dec 23, 2010
Lemme guess, for APGA? cheesy

It would be like PDP get together party again.
Re: Alaibe, Others To Dump Pdp? by chyz(m): 4:09am On Dec 23, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Lemme guess, for APGA? cheesy

It tould be like PDP get together party again.

Ileke why are you acting like a bytch now a days?U use to be sweet.
Re: Alaibe, Others To Dump Pdp? by Nobody: 4:11am On Dec 23, 2010
chyz:

Ileke why are you acting like a bytch now a days?U use to be sweet.
Lol is it a lie? cheesy
If every PDP menmber goes running off to APGA, wouldnt it be a PDP party all over again? Just with a different label.
Re: Alaibe, Others To Dump Pdp? by chyz(m): 4:14am On Dec 23, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Lol is it a lie? cheesy
If every PDP menmber goes running off to APGA, wouldnt it be a PDP party all over again? Just with a different label.

He could go either way, ACN or APGA.I doubt ANPP. I'm assuming you thought he was igbo and thats why you said APGA.He is an Ijaw man.
Re: Alaibe, Others To Dump Pdp? by Nobody: 4:17am On Dec 23, 2010
chyz:

He could go either way, ACN or APGA.I doubt ANPP. I'm assuming you thought he was igbo and thats why you said APGA.He is an Ijaw man.

You see? You fret so easily.
I actually thought he was Yoruba. Timi and Alaibe are Yoruba names.
So chill, plz.
Re: Alaibe, Others To Dump Pdp? by chyz(m): 4:23am On Dec 23, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

You see? You fret so easily.
I actually thought he was Yoruba. Timi and Alaibe are Yoruba names.
So chill, plz.

Alaibe a yoruba name, you say you thought? yea right.FAILED! It's alaibe and NOT Alabi. You're not slick ok. Why would a yoruba be running for governorship in bayelsa? Go sit down beautiful.
Re: Alaibe, Others To Dump Pdp? by Nobody: 4:27am On Dec 23, 2010
chyz:

Alaibe a yoruba name, you say you thought? yea right.FAILED! It's alaibe and NOT Alabi. You're not slick ok. Why would a yoruba be running for governorship in bayelsa? Go sit down beautiful.

LOL I dont need to lie to YOU, sugaplums. kiss
But you need to chill. Timi is a Yoruba name, and so is Alaibe [well it sounds Yoruba in my ears].
And why shouldnt a Yoruba be running for governorship in Bayelsa? Is there a restriction on which ethnicity can run?
Re: Alaibe, Others To Dump Pdp? by aljharem11(m): 4:31am On Dec 23, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

But you need to chill. Timi is a Yoruba name, and so is Alaibe [well it sounds Yoruba in my ears].
And why shouldnt a Yoruba be running for governorship in Bayelsa? Is there a restriction on which ethnicity can run?

the man may be an itsekiri man with ijaw surname undecided
Re: Alaibe, Others To Dump Pdp? by chyz(m): 4:32am On Dec 23, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Come on this is nigeria we are talking about,not america.That's like the pope going to get elected for president of Iraq.
Re: Alaibe, Others To Dump Pdp? by Nobody: 4:34am On Dec 23, 2010
alj harem1:

the man may be an [b]itsekiri [/b]man with ijaw surname undecided
That's why it sounded Yoruba to me. cheesy
e pele o.

chyz:

Come on this is nigeria we are talking about,not america.That's like the pope going to get elected for president of Iraq.

Oh really.
We will soon break that wall, shotigbo. cheesy
Before Nigeria falls apart.
Re: Alaibe, Others To Dump Pdp? by jason123: 4:37am On Dec 23, 2010
thats definately an itsekiri name!!! its so similar to the yoruba name (i know) wink

(1) (Reply)

City Of York, Nigeria! / Roman Catholic Priests in Benue Endorses Buhari / Banky W, Eldee Boycott Goodluck Jonathan Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.