Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,667 members, 7,962,155 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 03:21 AM

Help Me Out With This! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help Me Out With This! (251 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Out With This! by Adejoncy01(m): 11:05am On Mar 13, 2020
�� ATTENTION ��

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS;

1.The Moody diagram illustrates the effect of roughness on the friction factor in turbulent flow but indicates no effect of roughness in laminar flow. Explain why this is so. Are there any restrictions or limitations that should be placed on this conclusion? Explain.

2.You have a large supply of very rusty 2 in. sch 40 steel pipe, which you want to use for a pipeline. Because rusty metal is rougher than clean metal, you want to know its effective roughness before laying the pipeline. To do this, you pump water at a rate of 100 gpm through a 100 ft long section of the pipe and find that the pressure drops by 15 psi over this length. What is the effective pipe roughness, in inches?

3.A pump takes water from the bottom of a large tank where the pressure is 50 psig and delivers it through a hose to a nozzle that is 50 ft above the bottom of the tank at a rate of 100 lbm/s. The water exits the nozzle into the atmosphere at a velocity of 70 ft/s. If a 10 hp motor is required to drive the pump, which is 75% efficient, find:
The friction loss in the pump (b) The friction loss in the rest of the system.
Express your answer in units of ft lbf/lbm.

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Score � / 2019/2020 Adamawa State University Admission List (UTME & DE) / KAIST Scholarship 2020-2021 By The Government Of South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.