Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,333 members, 7,884,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 02:29 PM

Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 (10300 Views)

INEC Decentralises PVC Distribution, To Publish Voters Register Jan 13 / If FG Declares Citizenship Instead Of State Of Origin On D 1st Jan 13 / Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13. . .41st Anniversary Of The End Of Biafra War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Guyman02: 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2010
“Some of these people were not there when our people were killed in the North. I was a Minister then, we go to receive bodies of massacred Igbos in the North at the airport and railway station. These Northerners were so heartless and wicked that after killing a pregnant woman, they will use their knife open her belly, remove the baby there and killed the baby too. After doing all these, they will send the corpses of the Igbos they killed back to us in Igboland for burial. And some of the people who ordered this pogrom are still alive today, coming to us to help them become president now.”

I asked them, you talk about people taking our properties as abandoned, was Jonathan an adult during the war? Was his father one of those who took our properties? If we come together as one, we can negotiate for properties now, but we can never negotiate the killing of our people.
Maazi Ozobu (ohaneze)

Inspite of the above; Ojukwu made sure no Northern civilian was killed in the South East. He arranged rail transport for them in their thousands to show that the igbos are not a barbaric people. Thats why even the northen soldiers who fought aginst him respect him. You hear them sing 'Sun che mu kafcho Ajuku doble fay, ama ba mu sameshi ba' (we were told to Capture Ojukwu and get double payment, but he was invincible that we couldnt see him)
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by freecocoa(f): 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2010
Toaskarity:

are their dirtyness not worse than POO. Onye hausa mu na ya nokita nesi ka EZIBIDA.  
Ezibida di obele tuyelu fa,ndi be fa bu EZI AKWATA NDI OFE NMANU.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Xfactoria: 2:40pm On Dec 23, 2010
lestat:

I am just 31,so i never experienced the war, when i went to visit my mum she sat down teary eyed and told me That Ikemba is sick, then she got really nostalgic and told me of her memories if the civil war.
She was just a little girl the last child of my late grand mum's 3 children, So she was with my Grand mum running through out the war, i wont go into detals but she told me of horrific things she saw!!! my people were massacred during the civil war,,,i mean we were killed in millions, , she witnessed several air raids, when thousands of civilians would be trekking through dirt roads to escape from the bombers leveling the city, the wicked Nigerian pilots would turn their planes onto the fleeing civilians and open fire with the air craft repeating guns! do u know what a 24calibre repeating aircraft guns can do to thousands of fleeing unarmed civilians? My mum experienced this at least three times, Or is it one time they had been hiding out for days and when they came out onto the main road it was littered for miles with the corpses of young Ibo soldiers?,
what my mum told me is better left unsaid, do u think for one second any of u know what my people went through? do u ever wish to experience it? pls feel free to google the word biafra pogrom with google images for just a few pictures,
Dont u ever trivialize what Ojukwu did for my people or the war which stopped the massacre of my people

Please give us a break!

You paid the price for rebellion and failing to call the then spoilt "Emeka" to order. Emeka was driving by ambition and you - his kinsmen,  followed him blindly. Emeka was born with silver spoon and have never for once in his life suffered what your mother, your grandmother and fathers suffered in the village. He wanted to be President of a country and since Nigeria as a nation would not guarantee him that, he enslaved his people and forcefully sneak the Biafra Republic into their senses. His leadership of the Igbos at that time was the tragedy you are yet to recover from as a people.

Do you really want to celebrate this man
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by jamace(m): 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2010
May God grant his wish.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 23, 2010
if he chose to die on that day,then his family should give him otapiapia .
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by T9ksy(m): 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2010
Posted by: X-factoria Today at 02:40:38 PM
You paid the price for rebellion and failing to call the then spoilt "Emeka" to order. Emeka was driving by ambition and you - his kinsmen,  followed him blindly. Emeka was born with silver spoon and have never for once in his life suffered what your mother, your grandmother and fathers suffered in the village. He wanted to be President of a country and since Nigeria as a nation would not guarantee him that, he enslaved his people and forcefully sneak the Biafra Republic into their senses. His leadership of the Igbos at that time was the tragedy you are yet to recover from as a people.

Thank you!!! This is what most people have been trying to tell the igbos ever since the war, but they just won't listen. Its like they needed a "hero" and Ojukwu will do!

Quote from: lestat on Today at 02:17:04 PM
I am just 31,so i never experienced the war, when i went to visit my mum she sat down teary eyed and told me That Ikemba is sick, then she got really nostalgic and told me of her memories if the civil war.
She was just a little girl the last child of my late grand mum's 3 children, So she was with my Grand mum running through out the war, i wont go into detals but she told me of horrific things she saw!!! my people were massacred during the civil war,,,i mean we were killed in millions, , she witnessed several air raids, when thousands of civilians would be trekking through dirt roads to escape from the bombers leveling the city, the wicked Nigerian pilots would turn their planes onto the fleeing civilians and open fire with the air craft repeating guns! do u know what a 24calibre repeating aircraft guns can do to thousands of fleeing unarmed civilians? My mum experienced this at least three times, Or is it one time they had been hiding out for days and when they came out onto the main road it was littered for miles with the corpses of young Ibo soldiers?,
what my mum told me is better left unsaid, do u think for one second any of u know what my people went through? do u ever wish to experience it? pls feel free to google the word biafra pogrom with google images for just a few pictures,
Dont u ever trivialize what Ojukwu did for my people or the war which stopped the massacre of my people

This was the reason why the ilk of Awo (old enough to be Ojukwu's papa), made overtures to Ojukwu not to go to war. He Ojukwu, refused saying the old man was talking platitudes describing the meeting itself as a"waste of time".  The bottomline is, ojukwu shouldn't have gone to war but he took a massive gamble with his OWN people's lives and when he lost, he absconded to safety.

The sad part for me is that the man is not even repentant. he doesn't seem to have the capacity to appreciate how disastrous his rash decisons has impacted on his people. His recent utterances and stance brought me to that conclusion. Imagine for a second where the igbos would be NOW as a people, had they not gone to war THEN and lose so many of their bright young generations in the process. All sacrificed to satisfy one man's ego though skillfully adorned with the garb of nationalism.

Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by cecegorz(m): 3:25pm On Dec 23, 2010
You had the boldness to try even though you failed, you conquered the fear of getting started.
All of us here are all cyber tigers, nibbling at the modern day politicians and profligate leaders. We have not enough liver to lift a finger to fight   sad  sad

Whether you die now, or live a while longer, you know the end is definitely near.

The world knows you are a brave Soul!
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Beaf: 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2010
77 is too young these days. I wish Ojukwu luck, may he pull through this.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by chosen04(f): 3:33pm On Dec 23, 2010
This was the reason why the ilk of Awo (old enough to be Ojukwu's papa), made overtures to Ojukwu not to go to war. He Ojukwu, refused saying the old man was talking platitudes describing the meeting itself as a"waste of time".  The bottomline is, ojukwu shouldn't have gone to war but he took a massive gamble with his OWN people's lives and when he lost, he absconded to safety.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Awo was old enough to make overtures to Ojukwu not to go to war but WASN'T old enough to make overtures to the northerners to stop the pogrom against Igbo civilians? He (Ojukwu) should watch all IGBO sons and daughters slaughtered abi? . . . . . . .EZIBIDA

Your understanding of events leading to the war is appalling no matter your motivations.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Guyman02: 3:38pm On Dec 23, 2010

The sad part for me is that the man is not even repentant. he doesn't seem to have the capacity to appreciate how disastrous his rash decisons has impacted on his people. His recent utterances and stance brought me to that conclusion. Imagine for a second where the igbos would be NOW as a people, had they not gone to war THEN and lose so many of their bright young generations in the process. All sacrificed to satisfy one man's ego though skillfully adorned with the garb of nationalism.

[/quote]
He went to war because[quote author=Guyman02 link=topic=573423.msg7395909#msg7395909 date=1293111503]
“Some of these people were not there when our people were killed in the North. I was a Minister then, we go to receive bodies of massacred Igbos in the North at the airport and railway station. These Northerners were so heartless and wicked that after killing a pregnant woman, they will use their knife open her belly, remove the baby there and killed the baby too. After doing all these, they will send the corpses of the Igbos they killed back to us in Igboland for burial. And some of the people who ordered this pogrom are still alive today. Quote Maazi Ozobu

Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by donkarly(m): 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2010
cecegorz:

You had the boldness to try even though you failed, you conquered the fear of getting started.
All of us here are all cyber tigers, nibbling at the modern day politicians and profligate leaders. We have not enough liver to lift a finger to fight   sad  sad

Whether you die now, or live a while longer, you know the end is definitely near.

The world knows you are a brave Soul!
thank you my brother.A GREAT MAN HE IS.all the rubbish being posted here by the idiots n ignoramus 'cyber tigers' will never change our view of him.we know the truth n cannot be deceived.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by donkarly(m): 3:42pm On Dec 23, 2010
dimmmmmmmmmmmmm odumegwu ojukwu - i ga adi
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 23, 2010
chosen04:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Awo was old enough to make overtures to Ojukwu not to go to war but WASN'T old enough to make overtures to the northerners to stop the pogrom against Igbo civilians? He (Ojukwu) should watch all IGBO sons and daughters slaughtered abi? . . . . . . .EZIBIDA

Your understanding of events leading to the war is appalling no matter your motivations.
And you think war was the best option available to a 33 years old man ?
abeg,the whole biafra thing was all about ojukwu and nothing more.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by seanet02: 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2010
What about December 31st?
LOL
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by codeworks(m): 4:00pm On Dec 23, 2010
is enough na, she is human being na
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by chosen04(f): 4:00pm On Dec 23, 2010
~Bluetooth:

And you think the was the best option available to a 33 years old man ?
abeg,the whole biafra thing was all about ojukwu and nothing more.

Another option should have been the ABURI ACCORD, but alas!

The whole thing about the Biafran was the survival of the Biafrans. And our strong believe that ''its better to die as a BRAVE BIAFRAN than live as a COWARD nigerians''. . . . . . . . . .Am proud it was achieved!
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2010
chosen04:

The whole thing about the Biafran was the survival of the Biafrans. And our strong believe that ''its better to die as a BRAVE BIAFRAN than live as a COWARD nigerians''. . . . . . . . . .Am proud it was achieved!
i wonder how great we would have been if ojukwu ever succeeded THE NORTH SHOULD GO AND THANK ALLAH that he didnt for their poverty rate would have been worst than now.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2010
X-factoria:

Please give us a break!

why wont we celebrate the man that saw what we are suffering today in the late 60s eh?
ojukwu wanted to be president because (as in military regime)he was hihger in rank than gowon and even awolowo will request the same if he was in the position lipsrsealed
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 23, 2010
chosen04:

No.The so called Aburi was a manipulation,therefore couldn't have solve the problem.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by donkarly(m): 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2010
chosen04:

Toaskarity:

i wonder how great we would have been if ojukwu ever succeeded THE NORTH SHOULD GO AND THANK ALLAH that he didnt for their poverty rate would have been worst than now.
GBAM! NALUM ITO,
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2010
~Bluetooth:

No.The so called Aburi was a manipulation,therefore couldn't have solve the problem.
what manipulation? it was bad advisers who decieved gowon back at lagos so the only option was the war because the igbos were also killed in huge quantity in the north, sooo?
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2010
donkarly:

GBAM! NALUM ITO,
true son of my father. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by OchiAgha2(m): 4:26pm On Dec 23, 2010
Toaskarity:

why wont we celebrate the man that saw what we are suffering today in the late 60s eh?

That is very true. Nigerians are suffering, but they couldn't allow the Igbo to leave. As the saying goes, "misery loves company." The East is the only region that has tasted freedom. And that sweet taste still lingers in the mind of many. When we had our own nation. The land of the rising sun.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by aljharem11(m): 4:31pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

That is very true. Nigerians are suffering, but they couldn't allow the Igbo to leave. As the saying goes, "misery loves company." The East is the only region that has tasted freedom. And that sweet taste still lingers in the mind of many. When we had our own nation. The land of the rising sun.

sorry but can you cut my people of anambra and even part of enugu off of this biafra, thank

God bless you and your family if you cut us away from biafra. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley politely
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by OchiAgha2(m): 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2010
alj harem, you do know Ojukwu hails from Anambra?  And the good Igbo people of Anambra and Enugu would definitely take offense to what you have said. Please do not speak on issues that do not concern you. Onlytruth, Udezue and some other Igbo posters who post in the Politics Section are people who hail from Anambra as well. I wonder what they would have to say with the idiotic statement you just posted?
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by aljharem11(m): 4:40pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

alj harem, you do know Ojukwu hails from Anambra?  And the good Igbo people of Anambra and Enugu would definitely take offense to what you have said. Please do not speak on issues that do not concern you. Onlytruth, Udezue and some other Igbo posters who post in the Politics Section are people who hail from Anambra as well. I wonder what they would have to say with the idiotic statement you just posted?

sorry my brother, pls do not be angry at me embarassed

i know ojukwu is from anambra,,,,,, i know that the old biafra nation capital was enugu

i think it has to do with different individual have different wants and need

may be i can not speak for the whole of anambra people, but my family there , i can speak for them

and i know they do not want biafra again undecided
pls be polite and do not insult
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 23, 2010
alj harem1:

sorry but can you cut my people of anambra and even part of enugu off of this biafra, thank

God bless you and your family if you cut us away from biafra. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley politely
what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by aljharem11(m): 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2010
Toaskarity:

as i said earlier some of us do not want biafra undecided
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by jason123: 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2010
alj harem1:

Toaskarity:

alj harem1:

sorry my brother, pls do not be angry at me embarassed

i know ojukwu is from anambra,,,,,, i know that the old biafra nation capital was enugu

i think it has to do with different individual have different wants and need

may be i can not speak for the whole of anambra people, but my family there , i can speak for them

and i know they do not want biafra again undecided
pls be polite and do not insult

this Alh harem is a joker!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by donkarly(m): 4:44pm On Dec 23, 2010
alj harem1:

God bless you and your family if you cut us away from biafra. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley  politely
ONYE OHI! grin WHO SEND YOU,YOU NO NO YOUR PEOPLE AGAIN ABI?COME,ANAMBRA N ENUGU ARE NOT AREWA LAND,AND WHICH GOD ARE YOU REFERRING TO,IS IT ALLAH THE SUN god OR THE ALMIGHTY GOD?
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by aljharem11(m): 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2010
jason123:

this Alh harem is a joker!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

and what is funny angry
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by aljharem11(m): 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2010
donkarly:

ONYE OHI! grin WHO SEND YOU,YOU NO NO YOUR PEOPLE AGAIN ABI?COME,ANAMBRA N ENUGU ARE NOT AREWA LAND,AND WHICH GOD ARE YOU REFERRING TO,IS IT ALLAH THE SUN god OR THE ALMIGHTY GOD?

i have family igbo members in anambra, this people are blood related to me and i am just tell u what we want undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pro-amaechi Protesters Plan Rally In Abuja Today / Osinbajo Interacts With Trader Moni Beneficiaries In Osun (Photos) / Enugu Monorail Nearing Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.