Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,234 members, 7,950,281 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:35 AM

Ancient Maps Show Africa Many Times Larger Than It Is Made To Appear Today - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ancient Maps Show Africa Many Times Larger Than It Is Made To Appear Today (3113 Views)

Will God's Penis Be Larger Than Human Penis? / If Jesus Were To Appear Today, Will You Be Happy Or Not? / If You Insult Me On Social Media, I’ll Appear In Your Dreams - Bishop Obinim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancient Maps Show Africa Many Times Larger Than It Is Made To Appear Today by Blakjewelry(m): 5:26pm On Mar 14, 2020
Buliwyf:
SMH. I am disappointed.
The OP took what could have been a perfect exposition about proportions and turned it into some religious nutjob conspiracy.

The reason why those maps are that way is because it is actually hard to convert a spherical world into a flat map. It has nothing to do with a conspiracy.

The current map we use mostly is the Mercator map. And it tries as much as possible to fit longitudes and latitudes into a rectangular grid. Unfortunately Africa lies on and around the equator. So it is naturally going to shrink and become relatively smaller once it is projected thus.

Some things are just common sense. Not everything is a conspiracy.
That is why I asked to what end. How the drawing of a map affect the development of a place, are white sharing the continent we africa that will want to apportion a small space to us so as to claim the larger part.
Re: Ancient Maps Show Africa Many Times Larger Than It Is Made To Appear Today by donnie(m): 10:45pm On Mar 14, 2020
Blakjewelry:

Corruption is a western thing? My friend corruption is like a culture in Nigeria. In today's Nigeria straightforward person look more like the weird one while those who corrupt seems to be smart one.

The flight of best brain in Nigeria has nothing to do with a western curriculum but range from poor working environment, low pay, lack of research facilities to grants just to a few.

Like you rightly said, how can one solve a problem when they do not know the origin, but the origin here is not what you are referring to. Nigeria problem is complex one and we need to tackle it from the root.

Your pointing of finger is no different from the religious guys who pray and go to sleep hoping when they wake up their problems are all gone. We can choose to point finger and let the problem continue or face our problem and find a lasting solution

Not corruption, but the methods used to combat corruption so far are western (always read my posts well).
Go ask your grandparents or great grandparents how they treated thieves in their days (before the white man).. compare it to today. Someone steals today and he is taken to court to argue. In the days of our forefathers, they had an oracle, a prophet or a priest who could provide an accurate verdict according to truth, and judgment was adequately served.

Even the word corruption, is it not an English word? In my dialect, thief na thief. One Igbo senior friend even shared some wisdom with me... He said, when people want to lie, they change to English. And that it is difficult to lie speaking your native tongue. grin

I posted maps, I can provide more proof. I said nothing about going to sleep. What we need is a reprogramming of the mind, detoxification for removal of all western poisons. Check it, any African leader that rises to speak the truth or liberate his people is killed. The colonial powers create uprisings in that country and he is removed.

Do you really know African history, or what Europeans taught you as African history? Were you taught in school that Timbuktu (in West Africa) was once the most powerful Empire in the world? Did they teach you that the first University in the world was in Timbuktu? Did they not brainwash us to think that they (whites) brought civilization to Africa and met us jumping on trees as monkeys?

Did they not lie to you that Jesus and the angels were white while satan and demons were black? Meanwhile, the reverse is actually the case. Who taught you to love and trust whites more than your people? When we see clearly, then we can understand and properly chart our course. Yes, sacrifices will have to be made, but then, they will be made with the right purpose in view.

Re: Ancient Maps Show Africa Many Times Larger Than It Is Made To Appear Today by donnie(m): 10:49pm On Mar 14, 2020
Blakjewelry:

There are continent with map far smaller than Africa yet more developed. Our so called leaders should stop been selfish and stop pillaging the continent

Why don't the white man you laying your blame on loot their own country and store in Africa. The first rule of failure is blaming another man for your woes instead of taking actions.

The best brains are fleeing the country to places where they will be appreciated and get paid at the same time.

Were you referring here to my post you quoted or to maps?
Re: Ancient Maps Show Africa Many Times Larger Than It Is Made To Appear Today by LordReed(m): 11:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
Yes because if you draw a small map your actual land mass will shrink and if you draw a big map your land mass will enlarge. LMFAO!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gambling Is Not A Sin / Serve God With A Loyal Heart / deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.