Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,823 members, 7,872,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:18 PM

Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People (4724 Views)

EDO 2024: The Esan Agenda By Okoemu Okoemu Okoemu, The Enlightened One / Esan People March For Obaseki In Benin(Photo) / Lati Raheem Is Dead! Tinubu's ‘Most Trusted’ Aide Dies After A Brief Illness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Arabiandude: 7:54am On Mar 15, 2020
Astark:
its like you don't know this guy.

I have noticed him since early last year. He seems to hate the benins
What's Benins? It's Bini or Binis!
And never knew you have been following me for over a year, I must be very popular and significant to your life and living. Anyways, what do you expect when you Binis are ingrates, just like your governor?
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 15, 2020
Astark:

Arabiandude , pls o don't make our beautiful thread be interpreted this way.

We no hate Binis o
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 15, 2020
Arabiandude:

What's Benins? It's Bini or Binis
pls, let it slide
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Born2Breed(f): 7:56am On Mar 15, 2020
Arabiandude:

Shut up!

Awa no mwenmwen.
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Born2Breed(f): 7:58am On Mar 15, 2020
Astark:

Thanks for bringing it to my notice.

It seems a mad dog vomited in his mouth.
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Arabiandude: 7:59am On Mar 15, 2020
Mikehot:
Arabiandude , pls o don't make our beautiful thread be interpreted this way.

We no hate Binis o
Those people that are unstable, ungrateful and ingrates? they can sell their conscience for a little pot of porridge.
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 15, 2020
Arabiandude:

Those people that are unstable, ungrateful and ingrates? they can sell their conscience for a little pot of porridge.
pls it's ok bro, forgive and forget
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Arabiandude: 8:00am On Mar 15, 2020
Born2Breed:

Awa no mwenmwen.
Away le e
Ozwor
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Astark: 8:04am On Mar 15, 2020
grin hate filled soul smh
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Arabiandude: 8:12am On Mar 15, 2020
Born2Breed:

Awa no mwenmwen.
If you don't know let me take your mind backward and remind you when Lucky igbinedion was governor, there was a time when him and his father wanted to strip the late Oba Erediauwa family of kingship so that Obaship will rotate and if that was achieved, after the late Oba, Gabriel Igbinedion would have become the new Oba. It was Anenih, Esan and Efemai Kings whom didn't supported lucky and his father that made it not to materialized and when Oshiomhole came, he killed such thoughts in Lucky and his Father by supporting both the late and present Obas wholeheartedly. Today how are the binis treating this same Oshiomhole, a man who even brought modern development to Benin city and Edo at large? Bookmark this, when the time comes and it's soon, the Binis will surely pays for their sins
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Dartilo(m): 8:23am On Mar 15, 2020
Arabiandude:

If you don't know let me take your mind backward and remind you when Lucky igbinedion was governor, there was a time when him and his father wanted to strip the late Oba Erediauwa family of kingship so that Obaship will rotate and if that was achieved, after the late Oba, Gabriel Igbinedion would have become the new Oba. It was Anenih, Esan and Efemai Kings whom didn't supported lucky and his father that made it not to materialized and when Oshiomhole came, he killed such thoughts in Lucky and his Father by supporting both the late and present Obas wholeheartedly. Today how are the binis treating this same Oshiomhole, a man who even brought modern development to Benin city and Edo at large? Bookmark this, when the time comes and it's soon, the Binis will surely pays for their sins

Trash
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 15, 2020
Arabiandude:

But oshomole na thief na (I only know lucky wasn't giving oba the full money meant for palace cos he preferred looting everything onsight, it was when oshomole came before we started seeing chiefs been partisan cos Adams was doing it in excess as he had hidden agenda )

There was no way lucky for get liver sack oba, he just wasn't sending the palace share to it

wetin i for support you on is that in 2014 it was an esan man (festus ebea) that challenged oshomole rubber stamped house of assembly headed by oshomole slave (uyi igbe) who was holding legislature activities in Adams reception office.

Currently it is esan man (ojezua) that stuck out his reputation to challenge oshomole and defend obaseki's cause at party level.

Another esan man (okiye ) from legislature was brave enough to put his hand on the fire when obaseki people are asking for his head.

Oshomole ensured esan didn't get development during his time as punishment for opposing his autocracy.

If not for the serial resilience of esan men oshomole and his willing slaves would have sold Edo on Ebay

1 Like

Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by comos: 9:31am On Mar 15, 2020
KingGBsky:
I never knew the Esan people of Edo state has such unique cultural heritage. The binis stands out anyways

Stop tribal sentiment.

From the write up you can see that Binis and Esan are one people.
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by DateMynd44(m): 10:12am On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
KingGBsky:

I'm talking about cult6heritage pained guy. I'm Etsako but the Benis cultural heritage stand strong in the world and not just Nigeria.
[/s] Stop talking nonsense.
Etsako my foot.
Bini Cultural heritage only stands stronger in your family.
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Captainrambo2: 10:14am On Mar 15, 2020
daddytime:
Esan Oyeeee
oyeeee

1 Like

Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by babyfaceafrica: 10:25am On Mar 15, 2020
Mikehot:
But oshomole na thief na (I only know lucky wasn't giving oba the full money meant for palace cos he preferred looting everything onsight, it was when oshomole came before we started seeing chiefs been partisan cos Adams was doing it in excess as he had hidden agenda )

There was no way lucky for get liver sack oba, he just wasn't sending the palace share to it

wetin i for support you on is that in 2014 it was an esan man (festus ebea) that challenged oshomole rubber stamped house of assembly headed by oshomole slave (uyi igbe) who was holding legislature activities in Adams reception office.

Currently it is esan man (ojezua) that stuck out his reputation to challenge oshomole and defend obaseki's cause at party level.

Another esan man (okiye ) from legislature was brave enough to put his hand on the fire when obaseki people are asking for his head.

Oshomole ensured esan didn't get development during his time as punishment for opposing his autocracy.

If not for the serial resilience of esan men oshomole and his willing slaves would have sold Edo on Ebay

But this same oshiomole dealt with anenih(an Esan man) and retired him from politics... Look Adam's is a lot of things but he is far better than lucky
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by senatordave1(m): 10:57am On Mar 15, 2020
Mikehot:

Why do esan people prefer voting pdp
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 15, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

But this same oshiomole dealt with anenih(an Esan man) and retired him from politics... Look Adam's is a lot of things but he is far better than lucky
When you say dealt with i can't understand, lucky was the one elected as Edo state governor (Anenih was in fg).

Lucky failure was his personal award to keep

It was lucky and his dad that looted the state so much so Gabriel igbenidion wanted to be his own oba.

Was it also Anenih fault when Okada people rejected omosede after giving the igbinedion 4 yrs at NASS only to fail as usual.

The igbenidion University that was swallowing the chunk of Edo budget wasn't Anenih University.

Apparently some people who couldn't call their brother a failure needed Anenih for an excuse.

Osunbor came in and was doing very well.

Then osunbor had issue with Anenih for taking the side of ogbemudia who was only after what he could get from politics (a unstable defector till he died)

Osunbor decision to leave the federal cover allowed him get drenched in the court rain.

Oshomole sold you a rouse there was never a time he could have "retired" Anenih if he didn't win in the court first.

There was never a time he could have won re-election if gej took the election personal like he did.

Moral of the story

While he goes around vindictively hanging these as personal victories to boost his short ego, those he allegedly won never saw a contest in the first place (how did gej handle his own election).

Now that he has supposedly retired godfather's to appoint himself as one we can see how the state is fairing with a private University to himself, his mom getting reimbursed every month all of which amongst other dirty deals that is making obaseki say enough is enough
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 15, 2020
senatordave1:

Why do esan people prefer voting pdp
my bro, it is the only party that carries everyone along especially minorities.

I guess that's why minorities all over the country can relate with them in general.

Apc is quite vindictive
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by senatordave1(m): 11:30am On Mar 15, 2020
Mikehot:
my bro, it is the only party that carries everyone along especially minorities.

I guess that's why minorities all over the country can relate with them in general.

Apc is quite vindictive
How has they carried ishans along apart from empowering anenih? At least apc empowered the minorities of edo north,delta south,cross river,akwa ibom and even rivers
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by senatordave1(m): 11:32am On Mar 15, 2020
Mikehot:
When you say dealt with i can't understand, lucky was the one elected as Edo state governor (Anenih was in fg).

Lucky failure was his personal award to keep

It was lucky and his dad that looted the state so much so Gabriel igbenidion wanted to be his own oba.

Was it also Anenih fault when Okada people rejected omosede after giving the igbinedion 4 yrs at NASS only to fail as usual.

The igbenidion University that was swallowing the chunk of Edo budget wasn't Anenih University.

Apparently some people who couldn't call their brother a failure needed Anenih for an excuse.

Osunbor came in and was doing very well.

Then osunbor had issue with Anenih for taking the side of ogbemudia who was only after what he could get from politics (a unstable defector till he died)

Osunbor decision to leave the federal cover allowed him get drenched in the court rain.

Oshomole sold you a rouse there was never a time he could have "retired" Anenih if he didn't win in the court first.

There was never a time he could have won re-election if gej took the election personal like he did.

Moral of the story

While he goes around vindictively hanging these as personal victories to boost his short ego, those he allegedly won never saw a contest in the first place (how did gej handle his own election).

Now that he has supposedly retired godfather's to appoint himself as one we can see how the state is fairing with a private University to himself, his mom getting reimbursed every month all of which amongst other dirty deals that is making obaseki say enough is enough

Oshiomhole has done mor for his people than anenih did.anenih always imposed failures
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 15, 2020
senatordave1:

How has they carried ishans along apart from empowering anenih? At least apc empowered the minorities of edo north,delta south,cross river,akwa ibom and even rivers
Empower in what sense those states never even had an apc government to start with for a reason.

Oshomole is vindictive, you can't be the one telling me online what oshomole has done to esan.

It is even because of him apc was taboo in esan, he was specific about developing Edo north cos that's his district.

Because of him been the dictator of Edo apc everyone said he would control the next governor under apc to do same.

But obaseki wasn't vindictive, esan is supporting him today not because he made esan Dubai, but just the fact he is doing the best he can and people can understand Edo central can't be covered at once.

It is different from deliberately shutting any thing that would benefit esan like oshomole did.
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 15, 2020
senatordave1:

Oshiomhole has done mor for his people than anenih did.anenih always imposed failures
Anenih was the political father of esanland, he could convince other party chieftains in esan to go a certain way because of who he was.

He raised men and was never petty to fight to bring you down.

I am yet to see anyone in Edo oshomole raised to be bigger than him.

Shaibu his cousin became bad overnight simply because the dude said he found no fault with obaseki.

Oshomole is a control freak, the so called help he does for people is cos he would use them as ladder later on (if you object he fights you to ground zero)

Kabiro adjoto that fought for him was made speaker but today he brought him down when the man had a mind of his own.

Obende Obingo was good to him but now his enemy

Same with shaibu he is pulling down now

Same with odubu, ize iyamu he clashed with when both men wanted their own, now they ready to slave for him he is shamelessly praising them.

Currently some names have taken the hit for associating with his toxicity

Example is abonayima that foolishly lost his rep seat for associating with him.

Obayangbon is now washed out from following him like begger.

Osagie Samson same thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by chriskosherbal(m): 12:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
Let me quickly register my presence here as a full blooded son of the soil, Esan North East, Uromi, Father= Uromi, Mother = Uromi.. There is this never give up, die hard blood in an Uromi indigene. Have you guys noticed they call us the ibos of Edo, cos our hustling skills is top notch, we share similar cultural/traditional behavioral activities in marriage as well as burial even in food, our love for fufu cannot be overemphasized.

Reason why the array of ibos there cannot be downplayed cos it blends well with their system, couple with the fact that most of us (including ibo's) are light skinned,handsome, muscular and strong, many people in Lagos still walk up to me till date and they start speaking Ibo cos of resemblance... Our women are also similar, if you are looking for hour glass beauty just go to Uromi, and you will know why most Uromi guys want to hook up with their babes.

In case you find yourself in Uromi for business pls tell a taxi man to take you to Angle 90 if you are a lover of quality local dishes.... We are the main producers of thick OGBOLO soup.. Coulpe with better fufu.

In closing we cannot exclude the brilliant minds emanating from this rich developed self sufficient town called Uromi, how can we forget the likes of Pro nationalist Anthony Enahoro, and one man that shook the Nigerian politics for years popularly known as Mr Fix it, Mr Tony Anenih, and many others and not forgetting my humbly self.

Indeed Uromi is a place to be and stand out as number One among many other towns in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Arabiandude: 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2020
chriskosherbal:
Let me quickly register my presence here as a full blooded son of the soil, Esan North East, Uromi, Father= Uromi, Mother = Uromi.. There is this never give up, die hard blood in an Uromi indigene. Have you guys noticed they call us the ibos of Edo, cos our hustling skills is top notch, we share similar cultural/traditional behavioral activities in marriage as well as burial even in food, our love for fufu cannot be overemphasized.

Reason why the array of ibos there cannot be downplayed cos it blends well with their system, couple with the fact that most of us (including ibo's) are light skinned,handsome, muscular and strong, many people in Lagos still walk up to me till date and they start speaking Ibo cos of resemblance... Our women are also similar, if you are looking for hour glass beauty just go to Uromi, and you will know why most Uromi guys want to hook up with their babes.

In case you find yourself in Uromi for business pls tell a taxi man to take you to Angle 90 if you are a lover of quality local dishes.... We are the main producers of thick OGBOLO soup.. Coulpe with better fufu.

In closing we cannot exclude the brilliant minds emanating from this rich developed self sufficient town called Uromi, how can we forget the likes of Pro nationalist Anthony Enahoro, and one man that shook the Nigerian politics for years popularly known as Mr Fix it, Mr Tony Anenih, and many others and not forgetting my humbly self.

Indeed Uromi is a place to be and stand out as number One among many other towns in Nigeria.
You know, I usually boast to people that not just Uromi, but Esan as a whole is a tribe that occupies just 5 LGA in a state but same tribe is known worldwide, mostly for good and hustling Spirit. If I am to reincarnate a million times, I will still prefer to come from Esan and Uromi.

1 Like

Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
Arabiandude:

You know, I usually boast to people that not just Uromi, but Esan as a whole is a tribe that occupies just 5 LGA in a state but same tribe is known worldwide, mostly for good and hustling Spirit. If I am to reincarnate a million times, I will still prefer to come from Esan and Uromi.
whether is Manchester, London or Nigeria

Esan Amaka

Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 15, 2020
Mikehot:
whether is Manchester, London or Nigeria

Esan Amaka

What's the meaning of Esan Amaka in Esan language?
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
Mikehot:
oye

These attire looks similar like Igbos.
Anyway I don't know much, so no need arguing...
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:

These attire looks similar like Igbos.

Anyway I don't know much, so no need arguing...
maybe you meant this

Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
Mikehot:
maybe you meant this

Exactly

Where are you getting the pictures from?

More like our trad. Attire.
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Born2Breed(f): 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2020
Arabiandude:

Away le e
Ozwor

Ugbe gbe e
Re: Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People by Punishment1: 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2020
chriskosherbal:

Yes. I'm of Okpebho heritage(Ekpoma/Iruekpen) and I respect the average Uromi man for their hustling spirit and tenacity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Yet To Commence Issuance Of PVCs In Anambra Two Weeks To Elections / Two Formidable Parties To Emerge In 2017 – Obasanjo / Akwa Ibom People Are The Natural Ally And Friend Of The Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.