Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,084 members, 7,880,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:10 PM

Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It (35837 Views)

FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ / FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos / Lagos Chinese restaurant accused of racism against Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by obailala(m): 9:16am On Mar 16, 2020
“We later heard from the manager of the restaurant that some days ago, some two Nigerians came to the restaurant and asked to be served, after they handed them the menu, they looked through it and left. We concluded they possibly didn’t recognize the food or what to order.

“Just a few days after, the business place was sealed up, without the Commission asking for our response to any allegation against us.

This must be the lamest denial I've come across in ages.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Benbobola(m): 9:18am On Mar 16, 2020
Someone went there to dine in, and the manager who is Chinese told her no, she can buy take out but not dine in, Chinese only. She reported it to DG Babatunde Irukera. What the man did to investigate was send his ppl there undercover to confirm it. When they also tried to dine in, they were also denied access to do so. Thereby resulting in the closure

4 Likes

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Mizwisdom(f): 9:21am On Mar 16, 2020
jaxxy:
If they were smart they wud have created different sections rather than saying Nigerians can’t eat in.

Yes, I agree they should open different sections one for normal human being, the other for your family members.

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by nengibo: 9:22am On Mar 16, 2020
orunmila144:
But in a statement by Ikenna Emewu,[size=18pt][/size] Media officer of HUAFEI Nigeria Limited, he said the FCCPC acted in bad taste by not giving a fair hearing to the company.

Its his job, didn't some yorubas protest against amotekun
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by mauchiz: 9:23am On Mar 16, 2020
omoharry:
I believe the govt on this matter. Do you know why? Some time ago , A Nigerian had an allegation against a Chinese Restaurant which was base on this same discrimination against him and other fellow Nigerians.
So the govt sent an undercover personnel there to pretend as if there buying something to eat but they found the claim to be false as they were served without any discrimination. So I am sure the govt must have sent their undercover agents there to see if the allegations were true or not and it was confirm to be true that is why the restaurant was closed.This Chinese guys are racist, I don't like them one bit nor do i have any sympathy for them.

All of a sudden they became racist after 20 years of selling in Nigeria?

Is this what makes Africans cry of racism? If someone has been selling a product to you and decide not to sell again, there should be a reason you need to find out, that is what the government would have done, by issuing them a query, so they can explain,not everyone chanting racism.

Is too bad, let's learn to tolerate others, no matter what,If is a Nigerian shop will they close it?
People push people out from there shops in Nigeria, why have they not closed it?

#Do to others what you want them to do to you.
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by omoharry(f): 9:24am On Mar 16, 2020
Namdeenero:
We don’t serve Nigerian food isn’t the same as We don’t serve Nigerians food.

*Just thinking out loud*
were you trying to say " we dont serve food isn't the same as we dont serve Nigerians?
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:27am On Mar 16, 2020
Image saving stunt. The government should have deported the owner, staff and management back to China. No time to waste

1 Like

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by GamalNasser: 9:29am On Mar 16, 2020
eherbal:
But the undercover reporter has evidence of their discrimination undecided

Which undercover reporter
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Isoduwa(m): 9:30am On Mar 16, 2020
Let any Nigerian try this in China

O.Y.O Case
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Originalsly: 9:34am On Mar 16, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Yiu sepak as if you are any better in your country. Is it not here that we see news of people eating everything? There a few things the Chinese eat that you dont eat. You all eat dogs, cats, donkeys, monkeys, rats, bats, reptiles.....

Good one Removekebab.

@ quote. Did you even watch the video? In any country there are people who eat almost everything that moves. But which country has a wet market?... an official wet market? Is there such a market in Nigeria? The guy posted the video for us to learn something.... if you refuse to no need to discourage others with such a comment.

Those who love to eat any animal.... including the civet.... and carcasses..... you are likely to contract a deadly virus like COV19 and spread it to other humans.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Sergioaguero: 9:35am On Mar 16, 2020
BUY DIGITAL PH METER & TEMPERATURE METER, BOTH OR SINGLE

pH stands for the “power of hydrogen”

Extremely high or low pH values cause damage to fish tissues, especially the gills, and haemorrhages may occur in the gills and on the lower part of the body.

Water pH also has a significant influence on the toxic action of a number of other substances (e.g. ammonia, hydrogen sulphide, cyanides, and heavy metals) on fish.

Very high (greater than 7.5) or very low (less than 6.5) pH values are unsuitable for most aquatic organisms. Young fish and immature stages of aquatic insects are extremely sensitive to pH levels below 6.5 and always die at these low pH values.

High pH levels (7.6 - 14) can harm fish by denaturing cellular membranes. Changes in pH can also affect aquatic life indirectly by altering other aspects of water chemistry.

Low pH levels accelerate the release of metals from rocks or sediments in the stream. These metals can affect a fish's metabolism and the fish's ability to take water in.

At high pH (>7.5) most ammonium in water is converted to toxic ammonia (NH3) which can kill fish. 

Fish fries, fingerlings, juveniles and others cannot survive in waters below pH 6.5 and above pH 7.5 for long periods.

The optimum pH for fish is between 6.5 and 7.5. Fish will grow poorly and reproduction will be affected at consistently higher or lower pH levels...

CALL/WHATSAPP 0.8.1.3.8.5.7.0.1.8.4.

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by illicit(m): 9:35am On Mar 16, 2020
which normal Nigerian person self suppose go Chinese restaurant this Corona time
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by LordReed(m): 9:36am On Mar 16, 2020
helinues:
grin

Where there no sins, there are no laws

You have that backward.
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by omoharry(f): 9:37am On Mar 16, 2020
mauchiz:

Is this what makes Africans cry of racism? If someone has been selling a product to you and decide not to sell again, there should be a reason you need to find out, that is what the government would have done, by issuing them a query, so they can explain,not everyone chanting racism.

Is too bad, let's learn to tolerate others, no matter what,If is a Nigerian shop will they close it?
People push people out from there shops in Nigeria, why have they not closed it?

There is something wrong with you.If you are a Nigerian, then you must be suffering from Mental slavery.This is what happens when you work with Chinese and Indians.They strips off all dignity you have as a human being and you will begin to reason the way you have been conditioned to.How on earth can you justify a foreign restaurant telling your own race in their own country that they are not wanted in a Chinese restaurant or more like we do not sell to Nigerians,if they wish to dine? Do you feel ok with that? have you been totally striped off your dignity for you not to known when you are been discriminated against in your own country by a foreigner national?
Wait, so you are saying that as long as Nigerians are not wanted in a Chinese restaurant, so there no big deal and we shouldn't make any issue about it since it is their restaurant..This is what was obtainable in racist countries like America, S/A (in the day of Apartheid) , Brazil and other racist countries.
but not here..what we have here is tribalism and nepotism..but not outright ban on a particular tribe not to access a place or mingle among other tribes becos they are seen as vermin .I believe you are a chinko

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by bmdmixer: 9:42am On Mar 16, 2020
ok heard now back to the FG

looking for a studio to record ur songs with? wanna upload ur tracks www.soundlala.com, house ten got you covered 090 7525 2828 LAGOS
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Yankee101: 9:43am On Mar 16, 2020
Why would they lie against you?

1 Like

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by lexxyrule(m): 9:44am On Mar 16, 2020
uuzba:

And then they will deport all Nigerians from China in return.

when the rest of the world hears it, America, UK, Europe will just find proper excuse and deport all Nigerians there.

It'll be better, at least we can face our mess together

1 Like

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Sterope(f): 9:46am On Mar 16, 2020
Then when we realise it, we will shut it down again.
jaxxy:
If they were smart they wud have created different sections rather than saying Nigerians can’t eat in.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Sterope(f): 9:50am On Mar 16, 2020
Self respect= -100.

It is like you have a Chinese god you worship every morning.

mauchiz:

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by JuanDeDios: 9:54am On Mar 16, 2020
eherbal:
But the undercover reporter has evidence of their discrimination undecided
Whatever the reporter saw, the agency should have written to them or summoned them. I'm surprised they moved straight to shutting down - no warning, nothing.
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by mauchiz: 9:54am On Mar 16, 2020
omoharry:
There is something wrong with you.If you are a Nigerian, then you must be suffering from Mental slavery.This is what happens when you work with Chinese and Indians.They strips off all dignity you have as a human being and you will begin to reason the way you have been conditioned to.How on earth can you justify a foreign restaurant telling your own race in their own country that they are not wanted in a Chinese restaurant or more like we do not sell to Nigerians,if they wish to dine? Do you feel ok with that? have you been totally striped off your dignity for you not to known when you are been discriminated against in your own country by a foreigner national?
Wait, so you are saying that as long as Nigerians are not wanted in a Chinese restaurant, so there no big deal and we shouldn't make any issue about it since it is their restaurant..This is what was obtainable in racist countries like America, S/A (in the day of Apartheid) , Brazil and other racist countries.
but not here..what we have here is tribalism and nepotism..but not outright ban on a particular tribe not to access a place or mingle among other tribes becos they are seen as vermin .I believe you are a chinko

I work with them and they are very nice,
Mind your self and stop being selfish,
Moreover I live outside the shores of Nigeria, they are good.
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by AfroKnight: 9:54am On Mar 16, 2020
Lol. I read that the agency planted one of its operatives as a customer and the person was not allowed to dine. Only take-out is allowed for Blacks.

I think they should be deported too.

There must be heavy punishment for racism in an African country.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by square7: 9:55am On Mar 16, 2020
helinues:
grin

Where there no sins, there are no laws

It Should rather be
" where there is no law, there will not be knowledge of sin"

1 Like

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by ViktorCash: 9:56am On Mar 16, 2020
Nigeria owes China a lot of money.What else do you expect
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by j1mmy: 9:57am On Mar 16, 2020
58 years of abuse and finally Nigerian Government has the balls to sanction these ungrateful bastards.
Chinese, Indians, Lebanese should not be allowed to roam free and abuse Nigerians - they take more than they put into the country, start deporting them!

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by omoharry(f): 10:03am On Mar 16, 2020
mauchiz:

I work with them and they are very nice,
Mind your self and stop being selfish,
Moreover I live outside the shores of Nigeria, they are good.

Maybe that is why you are reasoning like this. No what matter how well traveled you are..if you have not self worth then all your travels means nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by mauchiz: 10:09am On Mar 16, 2020
Sterope:
Self respect= -100.

It is like you have a Chinese god you worship every morning.

With what is happening all over the world, are you supposed to go to there shop to eat?
You are not supposed to go there to eat,

They don't want you to eat there before you people wlll start saying they gave you coronavirus.
Even were I work, when I see them I give them distance.

I tire for una
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by mauchiz: 10:11am On Mar 16, 2020
omoharry:
Maybe that is why you are reasoning like this. No what matter how well traveled you are..if you have not self worth then all your travels means nothing.

There is nothing like self worth,
You people are very troublesome, leave them alone, I distance myself from them, there is coronavirus.
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Farki: 10:14am On Mar 16, 2020
Chinese people can lie eh, do they think Nigerians are as brainwashed as their own people? grin

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by mauchiz: 10:16am On Mar 16, 2020
mauchiz:

There is nothing like self worth,
You people are very troublesome, leave them alone, I distance myself from them, there is coronavirus.

Some of them coming there to eat might have corona virus, you people can not hold your throat,
that why you are going there.
Those Nigerians going to Chinese shop to eat, supposed to be flogged with koboko.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unclean Bottled Water Underground Factory Exposed (pics, Video) / Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup / How To Make Plantain And Egg Frittata Without Oven (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.