Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,776 members, 7,930,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 01:40 AM

Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center (32780 Views)

International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos / Marquee Tent For Your Worship Centers(your Worship Center Problem Solved). / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Celebrates Christmas. See Reactions (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Blue3k2: 12:19am On Mar 17, 2020
naijaking1:

Your adversarial interest is the plan to build a big church has not gone unnoticed in NL buddy.
You leave a thick stinking religious and ethnic trail along your path.
Nothing academic about your efforts, so don't even try.

Your foolishness must be genetic hopefully you dont pass it on to your kids. You're clearly mentally challenged which is why you cant form a reasonable counter argument. BTW your little conspiracy theory is idiotic. If ASN wins their case it will be landmark case against government funding of religious activities in totality. They stated this themselves.

Quit acting like a mumu read something other than your bible.

Illegal government support for religious causes is rife in Nigeria and ranges from building churches and Mosques to spending millions of dollars annually sponsoring Muslims to travel to Mecca for the annual Hajj. If ASN can win this test case, the door will be open to challenging all the other cases of governments unconstitutionally supporting religions in Nigeria.

For the avoidance of doubt, neither ASN nor AAI has any objection to religious people building places of worship and going on pilgrimages—it is their constitutional right to do so. Our concern is the illegal use of public money and resources to fund and promote such religious endeavors.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by BHigher(m): 12:32am On Mar 17, 2020
EmmanuelMacron:
After the video conference with the other six world leaders
We reached an agreement to do "whatever is necessary" to curb the effects of this Covid-19 epidemic
I want to assure you that, every measure we take from now on is in the best interest of the entire planet
We will make sure that we stabilize the world economy and give more grants to developing countries
Also that it might take 18 months for the vaccines to be available on a large scale

I will not rest until I make the planet great again

Is Buhari one of the six world leaders? Just asking... undecided

I am Emmanuel Macron
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Blue3k2: 12:36am On Mar 17, 2020
saajus:
I'm a Christian and I fully support that state funds should not be used for religious activities. What if a traditionalist becomes Governor and starts using state resources to build shrines.

The state has already opened the door to such an event happening.

Commenting on the judgment, the State Attorney General Barrister Uwemedimo Nwoko noted that  

“If any other group decide to have a worship centre and they approach government where there is resources government can also build a worship centre for them,” the Attorney General stated.

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by lastchild: 12:58am On Mar 17, 2020
kingxsamz:

You were never an atheist.
You were just curious and had to fall on the opinion on the side of the majority.
Its funny how people thinks that an atheist can never find Christ,listen, it's difficult for a mere human to convert an atheist but not when God wants to

Go to Facebook and search for a group named "former atheists" many atheists have retraced their steps
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by lastchild: 12:59am On Mar 17, 2020
lepasharon:

You were never an atheist
Because I found christ? Lol... Though it's difficult but I think am lucky
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by lepasharon(f): 1:53am On Mar 17, 2020
lastchild:
Its funny how people thinks that an atheist can never find Christ,listen, it's difficult for a mere human to convert an atheist but not when God wants to

Go to Facebook and search for a group named "former atheists" many atheists have retraced their steps

You were never a full blown non-believing atheist.

Questioning religion doesn't make you an atheist.

With religion, what is seen cannot be unseen.

Atheist to Christian in Nigeria? Yeah right.

What are the chance?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 17, 2020
kingxsamz:

One of them said God created himself when asked this question.
This is the most ridiculous bullshit I have ever heard of. That guy needs psychiatric help.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Nobody: 1:59am On Mar 17, 2020
lepasharon:

What are the chance?
I swear but see when you start questioning religion and God you are already going to become one. A tragedy needs to happen first I have seen this many times.
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by lepasharon(f): 2:01am On Mar 17, 2020
Ausrichie:

I swear but see when you start questioning religion and God you are already going to become one. A tragedy needs to happen first I have seen this many times.

But are you one now? You were never an atheist abeg.

The religious grip is still strong on you

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Nobody: 2:14am On Mar 17, 2020
lepasharon:

I am one now. If you know how much I hate theism now, it seems so illogical. Are you one too?
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by lepasharon(f): 2:15am On Mar 17, 2020
Ausrichie:

I am one now. If you know how much I hate theism now, it seems so illogical. Are you one too?

Oh I thought I was talking to the other guy claiming to be an ex-atheist
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Nobody: 2:16am On Mar 17, 2020
lepasharon:

Oh I thought I was talking to the other guy claiming to be an ex-atheist
gringrin it's almost impossible to go back once you step over the line.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by lepasharon(f): 2:24am On Mar 17, 2020
Ausrichie:

gringrin it's almost impossible to go back once you step over the line.

Lol but that one didn't go over any line
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by eagleu: 2:46am On Mar 17, 2020
Blue3k2:

Your foolishness must be genetic hopefully you dont pass it on to your kids. You're clearly mentally challenged which is why you cant form a reasonable counter argument. BTW your little conspiracy theory is idiotic. If ASN wins their case it will be landmark case against government funding if religious activities in totality. They stated this themselves but your religious zealotry makes your faith instead of government waste.

Quit acting like a mumu read something other than your bible.

Cost of paying for pilgrimages dwarfs the cost of this project, why didn't they sue the FG first?
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Blue3k2: 3:03am On Mar 17, 2020
eagleu:

Cost of paying for pilgrimages dwarfs the cost of this project, why didn't they sue the FG first?

You should read before asking redundant questions. It doesn't matter which they tackle first because the precedent will be set either way. Besides another lawyer tackled pilgrimage years back.

Illegal government support for religious causes is rife in Nigeria and ranges from building churches and Mosques to spending millions of dollars annually sponsoring Muslims to travel to Mecca for the annual Hajj. If ASN can win this test case, the door will be open to challenging all the other cases of governments unconstitutionally supporting religions in Nigeria.

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by lastchild: 3:13am On Mar 17, 2020
lepasharon:

What are the chance?
lol... When God shows up in your case your eyes will be opened

Wait... God? Me mentioning God to an atheist? It won't make no sense

So please let's end it here
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by lepasharon(f): 3:19am On Mar 17, 2020
lastchild:
lol... When God shows up in your case your eyes will be opened

Wait... God? Me mentioning God to an atheist? It won't make no sense

So please let's end it here

Liar for Jesus. Run along
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by junnyjake(m): 4:06am On Mar 17, 2020
lepasharon:

They hold people down with guilt. Everyone is guilty of some phantom sin he ain't know nothing of. It is just insane.

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Dannyozs(m): 6:02am On Mar 17, 2020
shocked

Atheists are certainly one of the most confused beings on earth but then I must admit, stopping Akwa Ibom state government such wasteful expenditures is a move in the right direction.

#Mind you atheists, I am not one of those gullible persons you engage in argument. If you certainly love you opinion avout tge universe, dont quote me.
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Codes151(m): 6:47am On Mar 17, 2020
Citytrend:
Akwa Ibom the Headquarters of Witches is at it again. If you know you know. Some battles are far bigger than your eyes

I bet you, the dudes fighting him might be under a strange influence. Life is not your mate

Abeg joo, I will Design a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me
wetin come do Edo n Benin, Ebonyi and Oyo?
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by 9iceprince(m): 6:58am On Mar 17, 2020
Blue3k2:

It would be very interesting to see how the supreme court rules on this matter. What legal argument is there for the government to sponsor your pilgrimage? What's crazier is they subsidize dollars at lower rates for pilgrams. Your trip to Mecca should be your business. If these programs are gone maybe they'll focus on developmental projects.

It's a pity you don't know the meaning of Atheist, you are always terming any act against Christianity to Islam,,,,, so na only Muslim dey go on Pilgrimage abi or Jerusalem no be Holy land again
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Dewisedick: 7:00am On Mar 17, 2020
Ask Bihari wet in mosque benefit Nigeria.
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Satan66(m): 7:08am On Mar 17, 2020
Wolgrace:
Can nothing create something?

Why do atheists care when Christians worship God?

Your moniker is satan, who is he and what is his mission? Does he exists? If yes, in the physical or spirit realm?

What your view after life when you die?

Could atheism as a religion be the source of your moral and ethical behaviour?

If man are created by no divine deity, why a man is not reformed from nothing after death? Can I use you as an experiment?

As an atheist, why are men formed through mating with an opposite sex, not your evolution big bang theory of nothing?

First off atheism isn't a religion
Its the disbelief in a supernatural deity undecided

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Blue3k2: 7:35am On Mar 17, 2020
9iceprince:

It's a pity you don't know the meaning of Atheist, you are always terming any act against Christianity to Islam,,,,, so na only Muslim dey go on Pilgrimage abi or Jerusalem no be Holy land again

Lol must you ramble like a mumu? I simply didnt bother mentioning both religions in the initial comment since it's not necessary. I dont get why you clowns make these strawman arguements. Lol why did I term any act agsinst christianity as islam? You clearly have an active imagination but not much else.

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 17, 2020
Satan66:

First off atheism isn't a religion
Its the disbelief in a supernatural deity undecided

In other word, it is the belief in a nothing called big bang revolution because religion is a belief system. Your strong affirmation, analyses, theories, counters, debates, arguments and opinions are forms and acts of belief. Therefore, atheism is a belief religion, hence the reason atheists are worked up and outraged when Christians worships God as a belief system.

Religious war: Atheism belief system against Christianity belief system.

REVOLUTION BIG BANG THEORY- WHY DO YOU HAVE HOPE IN NOTHING? WHY DO YOU HAVE FAITH IN NOTHING? WHY DO YOU BELIEVE IN NOTHING?

Idol worshippers believe, have faith, and put hope on physical things like stones, iron, gold, silver, bronze, trees, glass, waters, animals, living and dead humans, etc... But atheism on NOTHING that formed the physical things above? And Christians on SOMETHING|SOMEONE| AN INVISIBLE BEING.

Who's more wise pls??
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Satan66(m): 7:59am On Mar 17, 2020
Wolgrace:

In other word, it is the belief in a nothing called big bang revolution because religion is a belief system. Your strong affirmation, analyses, theories, counters, debates, arguments and opinions are forms and acts of belief. Therefore, atheism is a belief religion, hence the reason atheists are worked up and outraged when Christians worships God as a belief system.

Religious war: Atheism belief system against Christianity belief system.

REVOLUTION BIG BANG THEORY- WHY DO YOU HAVE HOPE IN NOTHING? WHY DO YOU HAVE FAITH IN NOTHING? WHY DO YOU BELIEVE IN NOTHING?

Idol worshippers believe, have faith, and put hope on physical things like stones, iron, gold, silver, bronze, trees, glass, waters, animals, living and dead humans, etc... But atheism on NOTHING that formed the physical things above? And Christians on SOMETHING|SOMEONE| AN INVISIBLE BEING.

Who's more wise pls??
Wait
We atheist are unwise for refusing to bow down to any supernatural deity but religious people are wise because they worship countless supernatural deity?

It's unwise to refuse to bow down to a supernatural being that has 100's of versions of itself? Buddah, ogun, Jehovah and so many other versions?

We're unwise because we believe we came from nothing and nothing we shall return but you believe you're wise because you believe you were made from DUST and when you die you either go to a city painted in gold or taken to a place of 24/7 torment?

You bow down to a god that was used to torture our ancestors and told us OUR AFRICAN religions are demonic and now you're here taking it down hook, line and sinker

And again ATHEISM ISN'T A RELIGION, it's the disbelief In a supernatural deity.
A religion is a social group constructed by a group of people that have BELIEF in a supernatural being.
To be religious or be classified as a religion you need to believe in a supernatural being!
We don't.

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Sadteen: 8:13am On Mar 17, 2020
Zenithpeak:

Illogical reasoning is always the problem. Take it or leave it; there's Almighty creator behind the existence of man and other matter..... He sustains and maintains all things by the word of his power....... Very easy to understand!

This creator sounds like a human being to me , oh no wonder he commanded us to worship him because he's a narcissist? Interesting
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by RighteousI: 8:14am On Mar 17, 2020
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Raalsalghul: 9:08am On Mar 17, 2020
CSTR2:
Donald Trump tried to lure a German biopharm company to America to produce a coronavirus vaccine exclusively for the American citizens.

Germany is furious and said that will never happen.

Nigerians are here talking about witches and wizards.

Never expect much from a black man.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Sadteen: 9:14am On Mar 17, 2020
lastchild:
Because I found christ? Lol... Though it's difficult but I think am lucky

If you were born into a Muslim family in Saudi Arabia would you have found Christ?

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Sadteen: 9:17am On Mar 17, 2020
RighteousI:
YOU ORDINARY AND POVERTY STRICKEN NIGERIAN FOOL WANTS TO COPY ATHEISM FROM THE WHITE EUROPEANS INSTEAD OF ACCEPTING CHRIST SO THAT POVERTY, VIOLENCE AND HUNGER CAN LEAVE NIGERIA AND SO THAT YOUR NIGERIAN WOMEN CAN STOP BEING 500 NAIRA ASHAWO GIRLS.

THINDER FIRE YOU, YOUR ATHEISM AND YOUR ASHAWO GIRLS.

How has accepting Christ ended poverty, terrorism, illiteracy, diseases, hunger, ravaging this country?

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by kingxsamz(m): 9:32am On Mar 17, 2020
naijaking1:

For the energy you have put on this worship center, everyone knows you're another muslim fanatic doing everything within your power to 'sink the koran in the Atlantic ocean"

Lol, in the land of the ignorant, you'd be king.
grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Tim Omotosho Slammed With 22 Sex Charges, As 18 More Victims Come Out / Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card / My Testimony: What GOD Cannot Do, Does Not Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.