Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,209 members, 7,923,066 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 05:58 PM

Can You Marry From Another Tribe? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry From Another Tribe? (1790 Views)

Has A Woman Or A Man Can You Marrie A Person From Another Tribe? / Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? / If you had to marry another tribe/ethnicity apart from your own which wud it be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by almoner(m): 10:01am On Dec 24, 2010
I was reading in one of the classrooms in my college and suddenly a discussion ensure.

A young Nigerian lady was asking if any of us can marry from another tribe.

After much arguments, we couldn't arrive at a definite answer to that.

So, tell me your opinion about inter-tribal marriage and consequences if any.
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by justwise(m): 10:23am On Dec 24, 2010
Oh yes!! i will, if i'm inlove with that person then tribe is the least i will consider
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by alagha: 10:29am On Dec 24, 2010
YES,infact is one of the good things that could happen to any family.
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by thweraja10: 10:31am On Dec 24, 2010
noving wrong as long as i can stand the family pressure and if im truely in love with her
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by MrCork3: 10:36am On Dec 24, 2010
Punnny are all the same in the dark,  YES wink!!!
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by Creamish(f): 10:47am On Dec 24, 2010
Well . . my big bro is married to a gurl from another tribe . . . tho' minez same tribe, i believe d important factor is how much d couple feel about demselves. . . so yeah i can. smiley
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by md4real(m): 11:31am On Dec 24, 2010
yeah i can but not all o, preferably Yoruba.
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by Dyt(f): 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2010
sure most def yes
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by kaymoney2(m): 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2010
الحياة ليست طائر من
لكن اذا كنتم محظوظون الحياة بالنسبة لك الابتسام
ة. ونتمنى أن نوفق اليومية في الحياة بل أحيانا ما نرجوه أن يتحققا
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by Candyness(f): 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2010
No way!
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by Yorisb: 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2010
!!Mr Cork:

Punnny are all the same in the dark,  YES wink!!!

Rotfl grin grin grin

Blom Blom
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by amefi(m): 12:51pm On Dec 24, 2010
MY WIFE (DYT) AND I ARE FROM DIFFERENT TRIBES. AND WE R ENJOYIN ARE MARRIAGE.
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by Dyt(f): 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2010
amefi:

smiles
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by pwiz(m): 1:08pm On Dec 24, 2010
Yeah i can certainly
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by freecocoa(f): 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2010
Yeah if the love is there,though dad has some serious beef/issues with the Yoruba tribe but i guess that can be sorted out.
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by Spclst900: 2:19pm On Dec 24, 2010
Most definately YES.
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by Coolabbie: 4:32pm On Dec 24, 2010
I luv inter tribal marriages so obviously i will. After all we be one naija.
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by davedozz(m): 5:48pm On Dec 24, 2010
almoner:

I was reading in one of the classrooms in my college and suddenly a discussion ensure.

A young Nigerian lady was asking if any of us can marry from another tribe.

After much arguments, we couldn't arrive at a definite answer to that.

So, tell me your opinion about inter-tribal marriage and consequences if any.

Why not? Except Isi-Ala Ngwa wink wink wink
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by Farxiya(f): 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2010
I don't see why not. There are many different clans in my country, but we still date and marry out of them.
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by holydante(m): 8:04pm On Dec 24, 2010
Well, I've always had this laissez fair abi na fare(someone should supply the right spelling abeg if I didn't get it) attitude towards inter tribal union being that I grew up in the later part of the 20th century.

I had it in mind to date other tribes after my ethnic ladies that I gave right of 1st refusal all prentended they dnt want no black man.

The "bolanle" I hooked up finally made me understand that her pop won't even accept another tribe and was using me to climb the ladder a bit. Geez, we called it quits since 2yrs now(she is presently among those calln to wish merry Xmas and I knew what shez upto)

Anyway, its latino's and brazilians all the way now.
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by tavon(m): 8:09pm On Dec 24, 2010
o yes as far as shes not a liability and is ready to sign a prenup
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by medjai(m): 10:29pm On Dec 24, 2010
I cant believe this question is being asked when are heading into the 2nd year of the 2nd decade of the 21st century. Who cares where you're from at this age and time, it's about what you have to offer

davedozz:

Why not? Except Isi-Ala Ngwa wink wink wink
You have no idea what you're missing. These people are the nicest people in the world. That story about them being cannibals is just a myth
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by freecocoa(f): 11:31pm On Dec 24, 2010
medjai:

I cant believe this question is being asked when are heading into the 2nd year of the 2nd decade of the 21st century. Who cares where you're from at this age and time, it's about what you have to offer
You have no idea what you're missing. These people are the nicest people in the world. That story about them being cannibals is just a myth
Ermm excuse me bros,i guess u re 4rm there no offence intented but the story is no myth,my roomie's mum is 4rm there and she confirmed the story.
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by Davedoz(m): 11:36pm On Dec 24, 2010
medjai:

Guy, Im 4rm Abia State, Im skullin in my state University. I do my clinicals in Aba (ABSUTH). So, I know guyz wella. I've lived with dem in d same room.

Wat Im saying is nt an issue of Cannibalism, there's dis tin abt dem. They're even reluctant 2 tell you they're 4rm Ngwa. U can imagine?!
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by Dsense(m): 11:38pm On Dec 24, 2010
Candyness:

No way!
Rasist tongue

OP.
yEP . .I can.

kay-money:

الحياة ليست طائر من
لكن اذا كنتم محظوظون الحياة بالنسبة لك الابتسام
ة. ونتمنى أن نوفق اليومية في الحياة بل أحيانا ما نرجوه أن يتحققا
Nice one . .though the translation isn't that correct!
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by stuffs4me(m): 1:26am On Dec 25, 2010
@ medjai

how can you say its a myth when you know deep in heart that its true they are real cannibals, my elder sister served in Isa-ala ngwa, they lost a doctor coper to the villagers that year to the community. they are an evil community.
am surprised u are trying to deny it cos even other ibos can atest ti it
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by medjai(m): 7:45am On Dec 25, 2010
freecocoa:

Ermm excuse me bros,i guess u re 4rm there no offence intented but the story is no myth,my roomie's mum is 4rm there and she confirmed the story.
hell no! I'm not from Isiala Ngwa, not even close

Davedoz:

Guy, Im 4rm Abia State, Im skullin in my state University. I do my clinicals in Aba (ABSUTH). So, I know guyz wella. I've lived with dem in d same room.

Wat Im saying is nt an issue of Cannibalism, there's dis tin abt dem. They're even reluctant 2 tell you they're 4rm Ngwa. U can imagine?!
I served in Isiala Ngwa North and I can tell you they are the most hospitable people in the world. Even within Abia, Isiala Ngwa people are marginalized, they're viewed with the 'cannibal' stereotype, no wonder they are reluctant to tell you they are from there

stuffs4me:

@ medjai

how can you say its a myth when you know deep in heart that its true they are real cannibals, my elder sister served in Isa-ala ngwa, they lost a doctor coper to the villagers that year to the community. they are an evil community.
am surprised u are trying to deny it cos even other ibos can atest ti it
I equally served there and I was given the treat of my life. They are not evil. They are a stand out people. I really love them. There's no place where corp members don't die.
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by seedord247(m): 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2010
Yes soooo i can even marry from Afgahnistan so far say love dey
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by stuffs4me(m): 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2010
I equally served there and I was given the treat of my life. They are not evil. They are a stand out people. I really love them. There's no place where corp members don't die.

May be so, but they don’t get killed and eaten up by the host community. i really dont want to go into the details of what hapened cos its many years now and maybe most are nice pple, but to completely deny it is not being realistic.
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by chikeorji123(m): 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2010
Yes of course,infact that is the best thing,since your neighborhood create more familiarity.
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by almoner(m): 7:49am On Dec 30, 2010
amefi:

Is it always so?
Re: Can You Marry From Another Tribe? by MrCork2: 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2010
errm sorry, we dont have tribes in london wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion / Isn't There Any Nigeria Girl With An Ok And A Modest Past? / Things We(guys)do For Love....is This One Silly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.