Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,914 members, 7,935,904 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 06:24 PM

Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering (28933 Views)

Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months / Enugu Govt To Shut Down Schools, Markets That Observe 1-week Sit-at-home Order / Oraifite, Anambra Bans IPOB Members, Masqueraders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Skillsnigeria: 1:11pm On Mar 19, 2020
grin
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by ChristoBam: 1:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
ConnectedMan:
Welcome to the information age were hype is stronger than impact. I have not heard of any Nigerian that got thiis disease here in Nigeria. All of them came from abroad. I dont think its possible to catch corona in Nigeria. Y'all should calm down.

All the same, prevention is better than cure

You're probably an old illiterate. Only those kinds of people say things like that.

The one that got it in Ekiti got it from someone here in Nigeria. Most probably an American.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 19, 2020
AtikuNetwork:

You are actually correct. Unless the markets are also shut, every other measure would be in vain. More people patronize markets than schools and even banks. They should announce to the public the date the shutdown would commence so that people would prepare. Nigerians are too lackadaisical about this virus and it is annoying. I was at the Lagos airport this morning to catch a flight and you need to see how people were behaving as if it is still business as usual. That experience was terrifying to me I swear. I have never been more scared of being in a crowd. I pity this country with the way we are treating this matter. Kudos to Obiano for taking this bold step but more needs to be done. This battle against COVID-19 will be a long one that will have a lot casualties.
The problem is where will people buy foodstuffs.
I'm very worried.

Old people should be mandated to stay at home.
Cos they are the major culprits.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by jham01: 1:13pm On Mar 19, 2020
THUNDER4real:
I wish Buhari has 2% sense....Federal government should follow suit to curtail the spread. Why is our borders still open?
??
Does our boarder has gate?
Is the virus flying?
The virus need carrier to enter another country and ban has been set to the threatening nations. Jst pray, no shouting will save u.
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by klax(m): 1:16pm On Mar 19, 2020
xcabczyxabczzzz:

What do you have against people thinking for themselves?

Mr man face your warrant. How damn can a African man claimed Atheism pls from which text book

Abeg waka your lane.
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 19, 2020
My advice to you all back home in Nigeria, this thing is real and no one knows when it will end therefore you all need to start stocking your homes with items such as toilet paper, foods, drinking water, first aid and over the counter medications, soaps/ hand sanitizers and start practicing social distancing because it could get to a point where more adverse measure's could be taking like shutting down of markets, malls, public transportation, businesses, public & private sector's and a complete stay at home directives may be implemented which is why you all need to start preparing yourselves and your household's now that you can.

I'm writing from what I'm currently experiencing here in United State's where almost everything is sold out with empty shelves on almost every store because people have stocked up their homes with almost everything they may be needing during this time around to the point you can't even find tissue paper nor bottle water to buy.

This is the time to be proactive starting from your end because you never can tell what the new directives from government might be so get yourselves ready and expect the worst while hoping for the best and most of all wash your hands with soaps as much as you can/ day.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by blowjohn(m): 1:16pm On Mar 19, 2020
People r still clubbing
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by jham01: 1:17pm On Mar 19, 2020
BloomMier:
I laugh at Nairalander atheists.. Who will they pray to now?
is this hw ur religion teach u?
To laugh at ppl who need help, so disgusting! Even Italy, the one u always look up to are dying in dozens. In less than 24hrs abt 400 ppl died in Italy, US is struggling, Iran and China. God has his own way of calling ppl into order.
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by xcabczyxabczzzz: 1:18pm On Mar 19, 2020
klax:

Mr man face your warrant. How damn can a African man claimed Atheism pls from which text book

Abeg waka your lane.
How can an Africa man lay claim to something that was imported by the west?

You sabi pass people wey carry am come dump am here?
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by wintersnow(m): 1:19pm On Mar 19, 2020
Wow

Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Heineken(m): 1:25pm On Mar 19, 2020
iammo:
tongue

shameless Audio Governor Seyi Makinde is busy holding mega rally

hahahahah bro you dey vex o
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Investmentfreak: 1:25pm On Mar 19, 2020
vincentjk:
This is a welcome developement now my sister can stay home in peace without the fear of exams going on

Meanwhile below are predictions about oga COVID-19

I am so concerned about the rich men here, so what happens to their wealth if we all perish because of this virus?
I am very scared now because I stopped having sex for a long time to focus on this money making and personal development but with the recent turn out of events I will have to call fumilayo tonight .
So this is the end of the world?
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 19, 2020
“A distance of 6-feet should be maintained between customers and traders,” the government said.

It also advised the leadership of the markets to buy an infrared thermometer to test any cases of their member or customer falling sick in the market

unless the market is cashless, these measures will not make much of a difference
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by BlackfireX: 1:31pm On Mar 19, 2020
Sholaco:
Hahahahahaha the best government of all time by ipob

OK, he is the worst govnor according to amotekin terrorist.

Subline: fvvvuck ipob
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by vincentjk(m): 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2020
Investmentfreak:

I am so concerned about the rich men here, so what happens to their wealth if we all perish because of this virus?
I am very scared now because I stopped having sex for a long time to focus on this money making and personal development but with the recent turn out of events I will have to call fumilayo tonight .

Get tf outta my mentions, taking everything as a joke

Ewu
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Okoroawusa: 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2020
THUNDER4real:
I wish Buhari has 2% sense....Federal government should follow suit to curtail the spread. Why is our borders still open?
??
You don't leave the topic begin talk another thing
Are you IPOB? That's how they behave
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by ConnectedMan: 1:34pm On Mar 19, 2020
ChristoBam:

You're probably an old illiterate. Only those kinds of people say things like that.

The one that got it in Ekiti got it from someone here in Nigeria. Most probably an American.

Young literate. Go and confirm that story again. It is people like you that are fond of sending fake WhatsApp voicenotes and messages.
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Okoroawusa: 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2020
Investmentfreak:

I been think say you get sense
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Osonddu: 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2020
YorubaKinging:
And the trend goes

I hope these leaders are preparing for the effects of closing everywhere

Are you prepared to help people financially?

Food is essential
Food is not everything my brother fast
can't you do 2 weeks or 3 weeks fasting,
Man shall not live by bread alone
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:43pm On Mar 19, 2020
Nice one
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Cherrybae(f): 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2020
And Wike is busy talking of PDP and APC. No action from the Rivers state govt.
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Lordmega(m): 1:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
oshozondii:

https://www.independent.ng/covid-19-obiano-shuts-down-schools-bans-mass-gathering/
Nigerian Govt cause this after first case their should have a test of people coming from affected country
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Area4Area: 1:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
Maxcollins042:
The government advised traders who go to the markets to wash their hands frequently, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and allow it to air dry.

It also recommended the use of hand sanitizers handshaking, hugging and all other forms of contact salutation are strongly discouraged.

“A distance of 6-feet should be maintained between customers and traders,” the government said.

It also advised the leadership of the markets to buy an infrared thermometer to test any cases of their member or customer falling sick in the market.

This will sound like tales by moonlight to the traders
In fact when I saw that point about the markets, I just weak.

How will this be possible in any of the major markets?
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by sylve11: 1:56pm On Mar 19, 2020
BloomMier:

grin cool
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by chachanga: 1:57pm On Mar 19, 2020
ConnectedMan:
Welcome to the information age were hype is stronger than impact. I have not heard of any Nigerian that got thiis disease here in Nigeria. All of them came from abroad. I dont think its possible to catch corona in Nigeria. Y'all should calm down.

All the same, prevention is better than cure

Because you "have not heard...", we should fry dodo?

ConnectedMan, keep"not" hearing but get connected to sense while you're at it!
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 19, 2020
Cherrybae:
And Wike is busy talking of PDP and APC. No action from the Rivers state govt.

Is your GOVERNOR lame?

Too much concentration on another man's state.
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by ConnectedMan: 2:02pm On Mar 19, 2020
chachanga:

Because you "have not heard...", we should fry dodo?

ConnectedMan, keep"not" hearing but get connected to sense while you're at it!

That was dry. That was very dry. Try harder bro....
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by tunize(m): 2:03pm On Mar 19, 2020
sassysure:
Lock down major markets.
Those places are worst than schools.

But how can people eat?

This is a very serious issue.

No way out.

Den u go open ur mouth eat air abi?
For nigeria that is not stable in anything u tink they can shut down market without ppl dying of starvation?.
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by mariovito(m): 2:06pm On Mar 19, 2020
BloomMier:
I guess same person that allowed the virus in the first place such that churches have to be shut down and Kaaba to be cleared out.
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by Celly2020: 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2020
Next will be market I will start preparing my self ooo
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
iammo:
tongue

shameless Audio Governor Seyi Makinde is busy holding mega rally

Audio Governor that is working more than all APC governors and President
Re: Coronavirus: Obiano Shuts Down Schools In Anambra, Bans Mass Gathering by DCmonster: 2:15pm On Mar 19, 2020
The stupidity of Nigerians and their leaders baffles me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rex Tillerson Arrives Nigeria (Photos) / 2023 Presidency: Why Tinubu May Look Elsewhere / Sen. Omo-agege Reacts To His Suspension From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.