Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,159 members, 7,880,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:04 PM

Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers (57915 Views)

NNPC Petrol Price Without Subsidy Is ₦‎400/Litre – Marketers / Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis / Failed Governor Can’t Sell Failed Candidate To Us – PDP Tells Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by born2begreat(m): 4:14pm On Mar 20, 2020
These marketers are stupid borners, bastard childers... If the price is increase you won`t even understand how and when their sign board changed.

Islie:

https://punchng.com/why-we-cant-sell-petrol-at-125-litre-marketers/

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by foolbuster: 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2020
semyman:

Illiterate
I pity your fellow illiterates with this your mumu write up here

All i see is name-calling probably because you don't know sh*it. Otherwise there is no reason why you simply can't state your points.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by benitwater(m): 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2020
Bought it for #125 per litre, yesterday evening at oando filling station somorin Abeokuta.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by nextstep(m): 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2020
For those complaining, reason this:

You already bought your inventory at the higher price weeks and months ago. Some are in your tanks, and some are futures contracts (where you promise to buy at a given price in the future). Government comes along and says you should sell at a lower price.

Why should you agree?

Would you accept it if you were selling foodstuffs? What about if you were selling building materials? Why should petrol marketers be exempt from common business sense? Is the government going to refund them the difference in cost at which they bought their supplies?

NNPC is selling at 125... of course they've already paid the higher price to offload those tankers weeks and months ago. So government is going to have to absorb the difference someplace. They won't say it, but otherwise where would that money come from? Perhaps from a loan in the future, or higher taxes, but dammit, Nigerians will pay for it one way or the other.

If you don't want to buy at 145, go and spend 3 hours in queue at NNPC. Those three hours lost could have been spent making money (eg. for transporters). Time is money, and money buys you time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by foolbuster: 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2020
omlueh:
But if the marketer bought the truck @ 145 that you rightly said, and FG gives an order to sell for @ 200 will the marketer sell. Food for thought.

That is not the point here. everyone is in business to make profits not make loses. You guys are targeting the wrong party here.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by sulaak(m): 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2020
TylerDurden:

sharap zombie.

NNPC never removed subsidy. They only made accommodations for the naira's devaluation from 197 to 360.

Buhari is still paying subsidy which they are calling ''under recovery''.

And FYI, NNPC is claiming that they are supplying 50 million litres per day.

This has seen the subsidy payment well over a trillion naira annually despite the fact that Nigerians can barely afford to fill their tanks.

The level of wicked and heartless looting and corruption going on in this govt is mind-boggling.

Only NNPC now imports fuel as most marketers can not afford to import owing to Federal govt policy on refusing them access to forex.

All marketers now buy from NNPC.

The NNPC then inflates the amount it sells to marketers and from there loot double in the form of increased subsidy payments to themselves and reconciling sale of non-existing fuel.

During the recent CBN summit on Growth 2.0, Dangote said that Nigeria spent $49 billion on import, I was confused. What are we importing? it now obvious that the government has continue to subsidies fuel import.

So who are they paying the subsidies to?
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by SirBunky85(m): 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2020
TylerDurden:

sharap zombie.

NNPC never removed subsidy. They only made accommodations for the naira's devaluation from 197 to 360.

Buhari is still paying subsidy which they are calling ''under recovery''.

And FYI, NNPC is claiming that they are supplying 50 million litres per day.

This has seen the subsidy payment well over a trillion naira annually despite the fact that Nigerians can barely afford to fill their tanks.

The level of wicked and heartless looting and corruption going on in this govt is mind-boggling.

Only NNPC now imports fuel as most marketers can not afford to import owing to Federal govt policy on refusing them access to forex.

All marketers now buy from NNPC.

The NNPC then inflates the amount it sells to marketers and from there loot double in the form of increased subsidy payments to themselves and reconciling sale of non-existing fuel.

senseless
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Euegene100001: 4:35pm On Mar 20, 2020
Fvck u all. You can clearly see it’s not only Buhari that’s Nigeria’s problem most Nigerians are Nigerians problem .When it was increased from 87 naira to 145 naira in less than a slit seconds prices when up. Now reduce price stories don enta
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by omlueh(m): 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2020
It is the point right away, if the government had increase the price, and many entrepreneur/ business owners ho uses fuel to run their business so as to make profits not making losses also, will the marketers ever considered that they have old stock still available so that the different business owners can adjust before they buy new stock and effect the new increment or they will instantly increases there pump price irrespective if the end users suffer the lost, please let us put on our sense of reasoning abeg.
foolbuster:

That is not the point here. everyone is in business to make profits not make loses. You guys are targeting the wrong party here.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by omlueh(m): 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2020
It is the point right away, if the government had increase the price, and many entrepreneur/ business owners who uses fuel to run their business so as to make profits not making losses also, will the marketers ever considered that they have old stock still available so that the different business owners can adjust before they buy new stock and effect the new increment or they will instantly increases there pump price irrespective if the end users suffer the lost, please let us put on our sense of reasoning abeg.
foolbuster:

2 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by dontrulee: 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2020
TylerDurden:

Marketers get forex outside CBN rates.

Marketers then have to compete with NNPC which imports fuel with govt rebates at lower FOREX rates.

How do you expect them to sell at the same price when NNPC is even claiming to be selling at a loss and are declaring meeting the downstream sector demand as ''under recovery''

Make una get sense.
Guy you get sense jare.
ordinary folks won't understand your explanation.
kudos to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by tiredoflife(m): 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2020
bluecircle470:

You’re also mad

Why are u spitting about
Do u have the kung flu grin grin
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by foolbuster: 4:42pm On Mar 20, 2020
omlueh:
It is the point right away, if the government had increase the price, and many entrepreneur/ business owners who uses fuel to run their business so as to make profits not making losses also, will the marketers ever considered that they have old stock still available so that the different business owners can adjust before they buy new stock and effect the new increment or they will instantly increases there pump price irrespective if the end users suffer the lost, please let us put on our sense of reasoning abeg.

Have you ever heard of an increase in petrol price without a corresponding follow up in the increase of goods and services? It is up to the entrepreneurs/business owners who use fuel to run their business as you said to increase their prices which they always never fail to do. No business operate to incur loses. Let us not allow our selfishness cloud our sense of reasoning abeg because we want to buy cheap petrol at all cost irrespective of what it does to those selling it..
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by israelmao(m): 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
There was never any reason not to sell higher.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by TylerDurden: 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2020
sulaak:

During the recent CBN summit on Growth 2.0, Dangote said that Nigeria spent $49 billion on import, I was confused. What are we importing? it now obvious that the government has continue to subsidies fuel import.

So who are they paying the subsidies to?

Right now, the CBN is claiming a loss in importing and supplying fuel.

They are claiming that we consume 50 million litres a day which they say they are subsidizing by as much as 30-40 naira per litre.

That is approximately 2bn per day.

When crude peeked above $60, the NNPC claims to pay more!

Now that crude is below $30, one would have expected the NNPC to consolidate and not continue to maintain the subsidy regime.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 20, 2020
Next filling station I will buy fuel,i will wait until they finish dispensing then I will pay for the liters at N125, if they like we go to police station and they will tell me why they should disregard federal government directives. Stupid people
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Dollabiz: 5:10pm On Mar 20, 2020
Nonsense
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by otokx(m): 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
The 3 NNPC petrol stations in my area are still selling at 143, people are now asking if really they are NNPC stations. Tomorrow some Nigerians will want me to say Buhari is a failure but I will not cool
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by deavicky(m): 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2020
Imagine the nonsense, but they had increased the price they would start selling it immediately.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Done2009: 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2020
Don't mind them, if government increases price of fuel 12am; you'll see the effect on pumps over the length and breadth of naija latest 12.05am, the super profit variation I beg whom did they give it to, end user or government? I beg that's suppose to be their own share of downtime of naija economy. They have been exploiting us, its our turn. Let's everybody patronises approved price stations and see if they can survive after 5days of no sales.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Zagee: 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2020
For you all bashing the marketers. Y'all realise it's business they run not charity organisation... Again, your gov't failed..!!!
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Bimpe29: 5:30pm On Mar 20, 2020
I just bought fuel at NIPCO along airport road, Kuchingoro, Abuja at #145/liter.
Same was my experience yesterday at Nazeed Petroleum, FHA Lugbe, Abuja.
The attendants bluntly replied when asked why they have not adjusted their prices.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by otokx(m): 5:32pm On Mar 20, 2020
Done2009:
Don't mind them, if government increases price of fuel 12am; you'll see the effect on pumps over the length and breadth of naija latest 12.05am, the super profit variation I beg whom did they give it to, end user or government? I beg that's suppose to be their own share of downtime of naija economy. They have been exploiting us, its our turn. Let's everybody patronises approved price stations and see if they can survive after 5days of no sales.

Where are the approved price stations?
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Felalucky8(m): 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2020
The heart of blacks mostly Nigerians are as black as they are
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by BettyBlac: 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2020
Maxymilliano:
I went to a filling station and filled my tank, I paid him exact amount @125 per liter, after counting he wanted to say something but i looked at him straight in the eye and he saw i was ready to change it for him if he dare complain, he just said "Oga you for ask me the price before naa" I left without saying anything.

1 Share

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Chrisog: 5:59pm On Mar 20, 2020
Why is it that we don't respect our law and voice of our president? What is wrong with oil marketers? Well! what is my biz. I stay at home for good to avoid contact to persons with Covid19. They can do their village thing. For quality and natural honey contact me on WhatsApp +2348065864843, or call same nunber, or +237650980551
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by COMPAQ(m): 5:59pm On Mar 20, 2020
kelvincoll:
I saw it coming though.

If it were an upward review in prices, would you selfish marketers have retailed at the current price? u would have adjusted immediately.

That is why the damned thing should simply be deregulated to avoid this sort of thing. The reality though is that they have a point and have done nothing wrong. In my short time in the US, I have observed that when prices rise, petrol stations adjust prices upwards quicker then when prices come down.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by GoldHorse(m): 6:01pm On Mar 20, 2020
Oloriburuku ni awon people sha!!!!!!!!

And e no go better for all of una, walahi! I repeat e no go better for all of una!!!! Verry selfish bunch of people.

We need more curses directed at these people!!!!!
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 20, 2020
When there is an upward review of price, these wicked marketers never think of their old stock. In fact, they deliberately hoard their old stock and subject us to scarcity if they even hear a rumour of upward review. Now that there is a downward review, they remember that there is something called old stock.

The FG should send soldiers to man the pumps and any marketer not selling his fuel at N125/litre should be forced to give out his 'old stock' of petrol free to any passer by who wants it.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Reference(m): 6:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

Deregulation won't work like that oo, 9ja na special case, has the price of diesel and kerosine come down despite that it's the same crude oil that produces them with petrol

You ignored the second part, liberalisation. Just like what is happening with power, it is controlled by a few who are not in competition. That is why. Essential commodities of which fuel is a part must be pure market driven enterprises to extract the full benefits.

No matter how much deregulated the carrot market is, if you cannot get as many people cultivating and selling carrots prices will remain under control. The more people that produce carrots the lesser the tendency for them to meet and agree on how much carrots should cost.

And to get a lot of people interested in cultivatung carrots you have to deregulate the carrot market to attract them in the first place, Deregulate simply means removing the lid and the base of the profit container, no limits.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by happiness100: 6:07pm On Mar 20, 2020
Hope this reduction of petrol price will have efect in our transportation fee? Because once there is increase in pertrol price, the transportation fee will be authomatically be increased.may God tourch the heart of our drivers.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by PHijo(m): 6:08pm On Mar 20, 2020
kikero:
The only way to fix this problem is via deregulation, and if we had deregulated as far back as 1993...when the idea was first suggested (and shot down by Nigerians as a 'world bank plot to impoverish us' with a certain Baroness Chalker demonized as the architect of the plot)....fuel would probably be costing N100 or less by now....and we would be earning far more from fuel, and have more refineries.

If we want to have enough cash to fund subsides, we would have to have oil at a cost higher than $139, our breakeven price. (which is that way because we have a very high population)

Ijaw communities where most of these oil comes from don't enjoy the subsidy!

We ALWAYS buy above the 'official price'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fresh Nigerian Army Recruit Resigns After Being Posted To Maiduguri (video) / Atiku Weeps In Jigawa As Mammoth Crowd Chants His Name / Tompolo Boys Defy Buhari, Vows To Set Nigeria On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.