Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,292 members, 7,881,078 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:59 AM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (200366 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 3:22pm On Apr 10, 2020
I found my first Snail. We are going to have some time together. I must look at it eye to eye.

Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 3:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
Yippppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Eaztzide: 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lol. You seem to be charging your phone with a power bank if I'm correct. Hope light dey unlike here�. Beautiful serene tho.
Chiggsglover:

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
Jaycew:

Dey find hook up... until you hook up with an asymptomatic corona infected chick.
Body go tell you. Just negodu what you’re concerned about. Smh
Lol,
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:19pm On Apr 10, 2020
SaintHilary:

So make person no fvck cus e dey another country
Haaaaaaa,
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
SkinnyNigga:
madam body no be firewood...
This period no easy walahi

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:21pm On Apr 10, 2020
Eaztzide:
Lol. You seem to be charging your phone with a power bank if I'm correct. Hope light dey unlike here�. Beautiful serene tho.

Lol, my phone wasn't charging o, when I was coming, I left all my power bank with my sisters, they need it more.

I took a screenshot of the original image so it can be uploaded on this platform. When I usually screenshot them, I usually plug my phone to my laptop at every given time so safe current will keep it fully charged.
I can leave the house at any given time and I need my phone at the maximum power level.
The easiest way to get lost is when your battery is flat. To save yourself, you have to find a place to charge which is extremely hard.
As we need the Google map to navigate our way.
Theres a satisfaction that comes when you arrive your destination with the aid of the map. It feels great I tell you, more like the zap you get when Nepa bring light. smiley

12 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Levels1(m): 6:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
Chiggsglover:

You're welcome man
Fees in 11500
4M for POF or you can do 2.7M student bond, 95% Visa assurance
I brought 1M in cash
Theres no need for paying huge money to agents and then you get scammed, Ireland provides us with free agents paid fully by either the Irish government and universities I think, check the Irish thread to get the information. You can use the search function. I knew people who didnt pay a dime to get top notch consultation.

Let it not be like I am advertising them. What I get per hour is enough o.
Inspiration don dey come.

Pls can you kindly chat me up via what'sapp 08030651947. Thanks Bros

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Hadampson(m): 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Rollsroyce, convoys, never seen any.
I really wonder how the Prime minister moves around.
I'm sure he drives himself. I may have blocked him in front of traffic sef.

It's as if cars do not have horns. They rather wait for you to walk across the road majestically. Even during the Rush hours, its silent. It's normal for them wait for me to cross and smile. Even when they're waiting for a chance to enter fast traffic and they see me coming, they reverse their car so I can cross conveniently. The first time they did it for me. I was thanking the person passionately.Till I got home and reason the situation. Danfo man in my country will be glad to have my a piece of my cloth decorate his bus. The man simply did what was Right by backing up to let me walk not to Run like a criminal.

What a sane country!

The opposite is the norm here
A trailer driver wanted to crush a FRSC officer today but thank God he (the officer) ran for his life sad
And i asked myself 'do we have human beings in Nigeria because most people i have met are animals in human skin embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Hadampson(m): 10:04pm On Apr 10, 2020
Chiggsglover:
Summer is approaching, I can finally go out with my fancy clothes.
I saw my sweat yesterday I think, was so happy how scarce it has been. I sweat like a Goat in Nigeria. It's great.
Was walking to get groceries and came across these sights, thankfully I remembered I had a phone normally I get lost in the ecstasy.
Be blessed as you scroll down.

It's beautiful cool
I love summer but I love winter more. Probably because I haven't experienced winter before tongue grin

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Hadampson(m): 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2020
Chiggsglover:
This was how January looks like.
The first shot was taken when I decided to walk 40min to school from my former accomodation. It was a wonderful experience. The chilly wind blowing and all.

I used to cycle to school using that beautiful route till my bike was stolen, it wasn't very expensive, I bought a used one for about €60, I looked for a road bike that had better speed and all.
My experience with bike was quite nasty. I chained it almost directly in front of my college. The space directly in my college was cramped up, there wasn't any place to lock my bike so I went to the next spot I could find. It wasn't a great lock actually.
First experience with the chaining and all and city cycling. That was how it was lifted. The owners carried it.

I was walking across a lawn some weeks after my bike was stolen, and I saw a quite a new Mountain bike in a big football field. Something told me to carry it, but my good boy side won.
My neighbor was tired of his bike and wanted to get rid of it, he left it outside unchained and that was how he got rid of it.
I asked him about the bike, he told me that whenever the tire of his bike get so bad that it needs replacement or any serious work need to be done, all he does is to leave it outside for someone that is interested to take. Then he goes online and buys another one.
That is how they do here, if its unchained its mine. grin
I knew I don enter express road.

The next one was taken last week, summertime sadness

Na to dey stroll about and look for bicycle to send to Nigeria... grin

Bicycle dey expensive for Nigeria.. Bmx cost #30,000

8 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Hadampson(m): 10:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
SkinnyNigga:
Ireland looks boring sha.. try get a girl , maka konji ..

Na after covid-19 wink grin
Chiggsglover dey practice social distancing for now tongue

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Hadampson(m): 10:13pm On Apr 10, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Do Irish eat snails?!

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by boyka1: 10:43pm On Apr 10, 2020
Hadampson:

Who go buy am?

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by boyka1: 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2020
Chiggsglover:
This was how January looks like.
The first shot was taken when I decided to walk 40min to school from my former accomodation. It was a wonderful experience. The chilly wind blowing and all.

I used to cycle to school using that beautiful route till my bike was stolen, it wasn't very expensive, I bought a used one for about €60, I looked for a road bike that had better speed and all.
My experience with bike was quite nasty. I chained it almost directly in front of my college. The space directly in my college was cramped up, there wasn't any place to lock my bike so I went to the next spot I could find. It wasn't a great lock actually.
First experience with the chaining and all and city cycling. That was how it was lifted. The owners carried it.

I was walking across a lawn some weeks after my bike was stolen, and I saw a quite a new Mountain bike in a big football field. Something told me to carry it, but my good boy side won.
My neighbor was tired of his bike and wanted to get rid of it, he left it outside unchained and that was how he got rid of it.
I asked him about the bike, he told me that whenever the tire of his bike get so bad that it needs replacement or any serious work need to be done, all he does is to leave it outside for someone that is interested to take. Then he goes online and buys another one.
That is how they do here, if its unchained its mine. grin
I knew I don enter express road.

The next one was taken last week, summertime sadness

Stealing of bikes is prevalent in the UK. My bike was pinched on a Monday, i got another on Tuesday and the new one was pinched on sunday of same week. I was reliably informed that stealing of bikes are the handiwork of crack heads, they could sell a bike of £500 for a tenner. The best bet is to invest the equivalent of your bike on locks.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Eaztzide: 4:04am On Apr 11, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Lol, my phone wasn't charging o, when I was coming, I left all my power bank with my sisters, they need it more.

I took a screenshot of the original image so it can be uploaded on this platform. When I usually screenshot them, I usually plug my phone to my laptop at every given time so safe current will keep it fully charged.
I can leave the house at any given time and I need my phone at the maximum power level.
The easiest way to get lost is when your battery is flat. To save yourself, you have to find a place to charge which is extremely hard.
As we need the Google map to navigate our way.
Theres a satisfaction that comes when you arrive your destination with the aid of the map. It feels great I tell you, more like the zap you get when Nepa bring light. smiley
Good. Who wants to get lost during this period

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Hadampson(m): 7:02am On Apr 11, 2020
boyka1:

Who go buy am?

People go buy am. E get one man for here wey dey sell used UK bicycles, roller skates, unicycles etc and people dey patronize am wella

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Hadampson(m): 8:44am On Apr 11, 2020
Leadership by example, service to God and humanity

Is this true @Chiggsglover

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Brightfab(m): 5:57pm On Apr 11, 2020
What an experience, imagine reducing how you wash your clothes grin Nigerian are noise makers lol with frequent gist of our poor leadership here and comparing to sane country.
I'm enjoying the thread
Chiggsglover:
I really like this new house I moved in, it's full of Nigerians. It is the opposite of my former house where we it was full of Brazilians, chileans and Mexicans.
They were nice people but suffered some kind of inferiority complex because they couldn't speak English.
They study English for a living actually and keep renewing their application each year.
Due to the lack of English, communication problem arose. Whenever there was an issue, they'll run to the landlord or theyll put on the house group chat on WhatsApp.
They just find it difficult to come to the person they have issue with to complain so it can be settled. So the issue started escalate just as communication issue leads to divorce in marriages.
I had to leave and the next house I found with a lesser price, better interior design and the great thing was that electricity Bills is inclusive.
My former house didnt have the Bills inclusive, I now have to be managing the way I turn on the heater, thank God I didn't fall sick o. The heater was connected to the electricity, gas heaters are cheaper, look out for that when you're looking for an apartment outside Nigeria. grin

I couldn't bake my chicken till its Golden brown just to save on Bills. I reduced the way I washed also, because its like your prepaid meter, once it runs down, the app gives warning. You dont want to live in a house that doesnt have electricity.
Also the tap wasn't connected to the heater, imagine washing plate with freezing water, sometimes my hand will freeze and I would have to run upstairs to my room and turn on the heater. I almost got frost bite doing that. It was terrible.
Living in the new place with a gas heater system, the house is evenly warm. I dont have to run from the bathroom to the the room and cover up myself so I can stop shivering.

If theres something to learn, Go for a house that has the electricity Bills included in the rent.
You dont want to be paying €70 on electricity bills alone, and pay a hefty price for the rent.
While I was looking for an apartment, we got to one, I saw a naija guy there, he turned on the heater so high that we started sweating almost as soon as we got in and had to take off my gloves and jackets. I asked him if the bills was inclusive, he said Yes, Say no more.

The only downside to living with Plenty Nigerians is that they make Noise........
This is the other Spectrum compared to living with foreigners, with foreigners, I get more privacy, its quiet, less need to gossip and all. I enjoy the Nigerian songs they play with my speaker, homesickness is kept at bay, lol.

That is my backyard, it's quite bushy and unkempt, but we dont have snakes in Ireland, thanks to Saint Patrick, hehe. No rats here also.

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hadampson:

The opposite is the norm here
A trailer driver wanted to crush a FRSC officer today but thank God he (the officer) ran for his life sad
And i asked myself 'do we have human beings in Nigeria because most people i have met are animals in human skin embarassed

Human life have no value in naija, that's why people will starve and no one cares.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hadampson:

It's beautiful cool
I love summer but I love winter more. Probably because I haven't experienced winter before tongue grin
Yeah, I heard that this period is the Spring!!!!!!!!!!

I had to open my glass doors for air to enter
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hadampson:

Cargo price go high except I'm moving them in bulk

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hadampson:

Na after covid-19 wink grin
Chiggsglover dey practice social distancing for now tongue
Yes o
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hadampson:

Do Irish eat snails?!
Not sure, I dont think anyone can be looking for snail in the Bush like we dey do here.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
boyka1:

Stealing of bikes is prevalent in the UK. My bike was pinched on a Monday, i got another on Tuesday and the new one was pinched on sunday of same week. I was reliably informed that stealing of bikes are the handiwork of crack heads, they could sell a bike of £500 for a tenner. The best bet is to invest the equivalent of your bike on locks.
I thought my own was bad luck, after the first one was stolen, i bought another one. I went on aliexpress and bought a carrier so I can secure my bag there. That day I mounted it, and I took it to school, It was gone!!!!!!!! It was as if I was in a Dream. I dont want to feel that way again. The way I was staring eh. Lol
These two bikes were stolen in January. I didnt talk about the second one out of Shame lol.
As your own was stolen in one week, my own better, two of mine was cleared within a month.

If I want to cycle, I'll save up and get a quality electric bike that i will take to just my workplace where I know I can securely lock it. You can get great electric bikes for €2000.

If I want to go anywhere, an electric scooter will be best, but I will have to be taking it to class, anywhere I go!!!!
Which may be stressful. You also need to buy a quality one so the battery wont run low that it will be like those Laptop they call television. The whole scooter is gone once the battery is weak. Unless it can be replaced.

For now, I'll just stand outside and hail the Prestigious Doubledecked Dublin Bus to swing by and lower itself so I can walk in conveniently, flash my leap card and zoooooooooommmmmmm.

7 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:05pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hadampson:

People go buy am. E get one man for here wey dey sell used UK bicycles, roller skates, unicycles etc and people dey patronize am wella
Its hotcake in lagos o
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:06pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hadampson:
Leadership by example, service to God and humanity

Is this true @Chiggsglover
Very true, I'm so happy for him.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Fabuloski(m): 9:44pm On Apr 11, 2020
Nice post op
I will like ask, I am a graduate of Industrial Chemistry and I will like to enroll for masters at Ireland

1. how lucrative is the course at Ireland
2. can I get a PR after my studies because I am planning of coming back �
3. what is the likelihood of getting a scholarship to make things less expensive ( I graduated with 2.1, a 4-pointer)

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Hadampson(m): 10:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Human life have no value in naija, that's why people will starve and no one cares.

It's so sad that i was born in this country. Nigeria is a blessed country but with heartless citizens embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Hadampson(m): 10:59pm On Apr 11, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Its hotcake in lagos o

I swear.. People dey buy am wella but the business no dey popular
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Hadampson(m): 11:03pm On Apr 11, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Not sure, I dont think anyone can be looking for snail in the Bush like we dey do here.

I just dey think of many businesses wey people fit do for obodo oyibo

I know about heliciculture very well. If it's possible to sell snails in Ireland, i can arrange how it will get there
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 6:44am On Apr 12, 2020
Brightfab:
What an experience, imagine reducing how you wash your clothes grin Nigerian are noise makers lol with frequent gist of our poor leadership here and comparing to sane country.
I'm enjoying the thread
Thank you very much man,
I hear stories about how typical *****man would be making call in the bus and screaming.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (94) (Reply)

*** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.