Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,472 members, 7,891,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:26 PM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (201236 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 10:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
GermanyChaser:
@chiggsglover mehn you are Just to awesome.. I must say I am your biggest fan, your thread really made my day.
Bros no do like that na I hate cheating. You wer just come now now now don become biggest fan? You meet people for here o, ha.

Chiggs howfar na cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2020
Sparrow0:

Bros no do like that na I hate cheating. You wer just come now now now don become biggest fan? You meet people for here o, ha.

Chiggs howfar na cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bro Sparrow, I'm good o.
Lol, I'm happy I'm getting new fans o
This week has been tough.
How's life na
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:34pm On Jun 27, 2020
Dwebb55:

Check the critical skills list for Ireland but I doubt if it is there. Alternatively, try Canada as they have an agricultural immigration scheme which looks good!
Well said, thank you for the wonderful answer, farming here is one kind. I sha know that the small farm we have, Ireland has some migrating workers that travel, work n go back.
Like you said, Canada has better deals.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2020
plerooma:
Boss thanks for the response,
The information you gave was
really helpful.
Anytime
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2020
Theblink123:
Finally am done �� i read all the messages from the beginning of this thread to the end, it took me a few days but i did it and i have to say, OP you are doing well. I have never gotten such personal insigts on the irish living experience until i came across this thread, i hope we meet soon although am applying to dundalk but occasionally i can visit dublin so we can chill.
Once again OP keep up the good work.
Hahaha
Thank you very much.
I am happy I got some people educated about this country.
Keep following.

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:50pm On Jun 27, 2020
I am rushing one assignment, just came back from work. I promise to update you all tomorrow.

8 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by wowdiva: 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2020
Chiggsglover:
I am rushing one assignment, just came back from work. I promise to update you all tomorrow.
Can't wait, do your assignment well grin

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 9:58am On Jun 28, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Bro Sparrow, I'm good o.
How's life na
Mehn e no easy o, as companies are laying off their workers like this I'm trying to create a backup plan so just in case.
Survival right now isn't for the fittest, it's for the luckiest and the blessed, smh
Las las we gon be alright sha grin

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 10:46am On Jun 28, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Patiently waiting for your update, knack us PICTURES join o

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by zeb04(f): 2:53pm On Jun 28, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Bro Sparrow, I'm good o.
How's life na

hey chiggsglover, i am about to apply for an MSC in perinatal mental health at the university of limerick. any idea if mental health jobs are lucrative over there? i am not a nurse tho.

my worry is that they may prefer nurses with mental health degree over me, i have a b.sc in biochemistry.

secondly i checked on indeed.com, and i saw the hourly pay is 25$ which is 200$ per day, 1,400& per week and 5600$ per month is that bad compared to the standard of living.... rent ,groceries and stuff?

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by clemsclef: 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
� Wow! I love this trend I've been reading for days now, with all the explanations it feel as if I am there personally keep up the good work @chiggsglover.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by clemsclef: 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2020
Pls anyone drop links with trends like this it very adventurous
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dwebb55: 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
zeb04:

hey chiggsglover, i am about to apply for an MSC in perinatal mental health at the university of limerick. any idea if mental health jobs are lucrative over there? i am not a nurse tho.

my worry is that they may prefer nurses with mental health degree over me, i have a b.sc in biochemistry.

secondly i checked on indeed.com, and i saw the hourly pay is 25$ which is 200$ per day, 1,400& per week and 5600$ per month is that bad compared to the standard of living.... rent ,groceries and stuff?

Courses in the medical field are always in demand particularly after this Covid pandemic. So you should be covered in that regards. €25 hourly pay is quite high. Are you sure about that amount? If it is the rate then you are looking at €60k a year which is very, very good.

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
I was on my way to work two days ago and I saw that, it was really fresh, seems they did it that morning because the amount of wind here would have picked off all the evidence. I could still get the distinct smell of Tar.

This patch of road that was just adjusted is very common in Dublin. You'll recognize them by how they have a square or rectangular shape and a slightly different colour. It takes a really long time for it to match up with the other part of the road.
When a pothole begin to form, concerned citizens will inform the dublin city council. These are the first government body we can interact with, they will go through the red tapism and sort the pothole, no matter the shape n size of the hole and damage, it must fit in a square or rectangle. Then they'll destroy and build the patch anew.

Why do we have to wait for things to get worse before we take action?
When various potholes of various sizes and strength begin to emerge, we take no action and wait for it to get worse so we can cry to the government. The government themselves have eyes, don't they drive on road or do they have wings? Seems they actually get lots of thrills by dodging these potholes like bullets. The way the car throws the local government official as their driver swings around like the Mr. Anderson in The matrix.

I'm also kinda thinking, if you take a picture of a pothole and visit the local government office and demand that they fix this portion of the new road that is going bad at an increasing rate. They will look at themselves in awe and burst into laughter. They will tell you that the road has to go bad before they can fix it, and that if there's no road to fix, what will they use and enter second term.

The reality is that potholes are bound to happen. Whether we like it or not. We must do something about it. If you ignore them, they begin to expand and spread. The first thing is to ensure that the pothole is socially distant, with some little road signs. The next step is to access the damage and before the repair is done. You'll end up fixing a patch which may cost not too much. If it's left to its own, you end up with a Big time Road Project

13 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by NiklauseFred(m): 12:18am On Jun 29, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Seems that place was recently repaired?
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:45am On Jun 29, 2020
I was able to finish a section of the assignment as I planned. The process of uploading the pictures kept getting on my nerves. Only one picture could be uploaded successfully. I just gave up n passed out

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:45am On Jun 29, 2020
...in the picture below, that part of the road was patched after It wanted to spread like wild fire. The irish government Said No.

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:21am On Jun 29, 2020
wowdiva:

Can't wait, do your assignment well grin
Thanks o
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:22am On Jun 29, 2020
Sparrow0:

Mehn e no easy o, as companies are laying off their workers like this I'm trying to create a backup plan so just in case.
Survival right now isn't for the fittest, it's for the luckiest and the blessed, smh
Las las we gon be alright sha grin
Jeez, that's a terrible situation given the number of unemployed youths.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:23am On Jun 29, 2020
Samuelsegs:

Patiently waiting for your update, knack us PICTURES join o
Hahaha, there's some below.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:32am On Jun 29, 2020
zeb04:

It sounds lucrative actually. But your estimation in indeed, pls verify o. They are supposed to state that in Euros not dollars. Might be for another country.
There's something I would like to say, given my experience with statistics, Psychology isn't very lucrative as schools would have us believe. Why nursing is good because, in every mental ward, hospitals, care homes, therapy.... You'll find a nurse and the steps in becoming one isn't very tough compared to a doctor. You don't need to fire 4 years of your life in school. Even school certs holders can get employed. The pay isn't bad. It can be a hectic job if you work in the hospital and care homes. But in a job like mine, it can be flexible. Where I have to work in homes 5-20 walk from my house, and greatly shorter with a bicycle.

5 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:33am On Jun 29, 2020
clemsclef:
� Wow! I love this trend I've been reading for days now, with all the explanations it feel as if I am there personally keep up the good work @chiggsglover.
Thank you very much bro. Glad to have a new fan
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:36am On Jun 29, 2020
Dwebb55:

Courses in the medical field are always in demand particularly after this Covid pandemic. So you should be covered in that regards. €25 hourly pay is quite high. Are you sure about that amount? If it is the rate then you are looking at €60k a year which is very, very good.
Thank you for the answer
Qualified nurses with some experience get close to that amount here. You won't get that in a job like mine, if not everyone will jump in the bandwagon.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by lion501: 10:42am On Jun 29, 2020
zeb04:

Pls what did you study?

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Jeez, that's a terrible situation given the number of unemployed youths.
Honestly bro we can only hope on God, cus this thing is gonna be with us for a while, until the vaccine is found.

Nice pics up there.
You low key dey enjoy o grin grin

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 12:02am On Jun 30, 2020
Chiggsglover:
...in the picture below, that part of the road was patched after It wanted to spread like wild fire. The irish government Said No.

I never knew Dublin got streets like this.. all I get to see is only the city center... please can u show us more ? ✌

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 12:57pm On Jun 30, 2020
Chiggsglover:
I was on my way to work two days ago and I saw that, it was really fresh, seems they did it that morning because the amount of wind here would have picked off all the evidence. I could still get the distinct smell of Tar.

This patch of road that was just adjusted is very common in Dublin. You'll recognize them by how they have a square or rectangular shape and a slightly different colour. It takes a really long time for it to match up with the other part of the road.
When a pothole begin to form, concerned citizens will inform the dublin city council. These are the first government body we can interact with, they will go through the red tapism and sort the pothole, no matter the shape n size of the hole and damage, it must fit in a square or rectangle. Then they'll destroy and build the patch anew.

Why do we have to wait for things to get worse before we take action?
When various potholes of various sizes and strength begin to emerge, we take no action and wait for it to get worse so we can cry to the government. The government themselves have eyes, don't they drive on road or do they have wings? Seems they actually get lots of thrills by dodging these potholes like bullets. The way the car throws the local government official as their driver swings around like the Mr. Anderson in The matrix.

I'm also kinda thinking, if you take a picture of a pothole and visit the local government office and demand that they fix this portion of the new road that is going bad at an increasing rate. They will look at themselves in awe and burst into laughter. They will tell you that the road has to go bad before they can fix it, and that if there's no road to fix, what will they use and enter second term.

The reality is that potholes are bound to happen. Whether we like it or not. We must do something about it. If you ignore them, they begin to expand and spread. The first thing is to ensure that the pothole is socially distant, with some little road signs. The next step is to access the damage and before the repair is done. You'll end up fixing a patch which may cost not too much. If it's left to its own, you end up with a Big time Road Project

can't wait to skate on this kind or Road���✌

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2020
chiggs hwfar na .. hope you are doing good ?? Knack us pictures of streets in Ireland ..
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 9:58am On Jul 01, 2020
Sparrow0:

Honestly bro we can only hope on God, cus this thing is gonna be with us for a while, until the vaccine is found.

Nice pics up there.
You low key dey enjoy o grin grin
Lol, na smallz o
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:02am On Jul 01, 2020
Samuelsegs:

I never knew Dublin got streets like this.. all I get to see is only the city center... please can u show us more ? ✌

Truth is, There's more where that came from.

Well I'm still waiting for the polls to be completed. I'm gonna post them bits by bits, when I have something to say about it. I have to recognise the fact that there are those who read stuffs here with very little Internet data.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:03am On Jul 01, 2020
Samuelsegs:

can't wait to skate on this kind or Road���✌
You'll skate tire. Electric scooter is common here.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 10:36am On Jul 01, 2020
Chiggsglover:
You'll skate tire. Electric scooter is common here.
it's about 600€ to get one... it's damn expensive

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (94) (Reply)

*** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Travelling To Canada-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.