Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,584 members, 7,978,938 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:13 PM

Human Traffickers Paid N1m For Trafficking 100 Women To Niger Republic - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Human Traffickers Paid N1m For Trafficking 100 Women To Niger Republic (453 Views)

Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi / Rights Violation: Delta Court Fines Kenneth Gbagi N1m For Torturing Hotel Staff / NDLEA Arrests Chioma Afam For Trafficking Illicit Drugs Wearing Hijab (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Human Traffickers Paid N1m For Trafficking 100 Women To Niger Republic by frankleesehi(m): 2:16am On Mar 21, 2020
Two suspected human traffickers based in kano State have been arrested by the police for trafficking women from Nigeria to Niger Republic and Libya.

The two suspects, Abudulahi Umaru, a commercial driver and Abubakar Suleiman revealed that they were paid N10,000 for each 100 women they trafficked to their ringleader, Almusuru, in Niger.

City Round gathered that women were taken by the traffickers from different parts of Nigeria and send them to their ringleader in Niger Republic who sends the victim to Libya for prostitution.

A victim, Nofisat Mustapha was rescued by the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Respond Team, and the suspects were arrested.

Umaru, was said to have been obstructed by the police while he was transporting Mustapha from Abuja to Kano.

According to Umaru, who is a native of Kadawa in Kano said,

“I take the Abuja-Kano route. I help them transport their victims from Abuja to Kano State and hand them over to the agent (Suleiman) in Kano, who will arrange their travelling to Niger Republic. I learnt they are being taken to Libya from Niger. All I care about is the money I am being paid.

“The trip from Abuja is N3, 000 but I charge N7, 000 for those who are being trafficked and make N4, 000 profit. They are usually women but I can’t remember the number of people I have taken to Kano.”

Suleiman told ThePunch that he was introduced into the crime last year by a Nigerien known as Almusuru.

“Almusuru and I were working together at Matara Motor Park, Daura Road, Kano. After Almusuru returned to Niger Republic, he called me and said that some people were coming to meet him in Niger and that when they got to Kano, I should put them in a vehicle that would bring them to Niger republic, Suleiman said.

“I have sent over 100 women to Almusru and I was paid N10, 000 for each of them. Almusuru is the one who communicates with all the agents across Nigeria. My job is just to send them to Niger Republic and Almusuru will pay me. I don’t even know if they get to Libya or not. I knew it is a crime but I did it because I needed money.”

The rescued victim, Mustapha, a mother of two narrated her own side of the story. She said things became hard for her since her husband left her in labour three years ago where she had to undergo a caesarian section.

She narrated how she started working as a labourer at building construction sites after her surgery just to feed her children.

“I am a secondary school dropout. My husband left me three years ago when I was about having my second child. He heard that I was going to have the child through a surgery and he had no money. He abandoned me in the hospital and ran away.

“My mother paid the bills and I was discharged but I had no job and was forced to work at building sites in Ogun State. I worked to the point when I started feeling pains from the surgery and I stopped. I then started selling noodles.”

"A neighbour convinced me in February to travel to Libya for greener pasture. she didn’t like the way I was suffering and she wanted me to stop selling noodles and travel to Libya. She assured me that I would get a good job and earn good money. She said she would send me to Kano State and the person in Kano would send me to Libya.

“I was supposed to work for one year in Libya and the person who sponsored the trip would take all my salary for the period. Afterwards, I would start making my own money.

“I took a bus from Agege, Lagos, and when I got to Kano, I was arrested by the police who were already waiting for me. I didn’t know that the plan was to sell me off in Libya. I was only trying to look for money to take care of my children. I am not a prostitute and have not engaged in prostitution before.”

See more: https://hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2020/03/21/two-human-traffickers-paid-n1m-for-trafficking-100-women-to-niger-republic/

cc: lalasticlala

Re: Human Traffickers Paid N1m For Trafficking 100 Women To Niger Republic by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:20am On Mar 21, 2020
put most of the foolish deluded women next to these demons... everyone knows whats happening in Libya. you must be a damn fool thinking that you would do anything else but prostitution in Libya.
Re: Human Traffickers Paid N1m For Trafficking 100 Women To Niger Republic by okeyley: 2:52am On Mar 21, 2020
wonders shall never end

How will you carry your fellow human to sell abi traffic?
Na Provision store commodity?
Re: Human Traffickers Paid N1m For Trafficking 100 Women To Niger Republic by Oxb90: 2:56am On Mar 21, 2020
Mankind has sold their souls to the devil. Anything for the money.
Re: Human Traffickers Paid N1m For Trafficking 100 Women To Niger Republic by Yenefer(f): 4:38am On Mar 21, 2020
sad
Re: Human Traffickers Paid N1m For Trafficking 100 Women To Niger Republic by segebase(m): 6:13am On Mar 21, 2020
Inside life

(1) (Reply)

Abule-ado Explosion: Rev. Sister Who Died Saving Kids Laid To Rest Amidst Tears / COVID-19: Task Force Arrests 15 Transporters, Seizes 80 Motorcycles In Kwara / Tension Hits Arimogija Community As Herdsmen Kill Father, Son In Ondo(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.