Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,905 members, 7,942,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 05:06 AM

Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes (632 Views)

Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes / Marijuana For Sale | Weed For Sale | Cannabis For Sale | Legal Marijuana Online / Monkeypox: Delta State Commissioner For Health Visits Suspected Victims(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by ChrisKels: 10:29am On Mar 21, 2020
Ghana has legalized the use of cannabis for health and industrial purposes as it joins other African countries hoping to derive economic and health benefits from the substance.

On Friday the country’s Parliament passed into law the Narcotics Control Commission Bill, 2019. 

The law now makes the country’s Narcotics Control Board (NACOB) a Commission with enhanced powers to oversee the industrial use of some narcotic substances. 

The Commission, however, will have the mandate to control and eliminate the trafficking of prohibited narcotic drugs to ensure public safety. 

Health experts have always campaigned for addicts of narcotic drugs to be properly rehabilitated and not treated as criminals. 

The new law makes provision for that as well now classifying drug abuse a public health issue.

With the legalization of Cannabis for industrial and health purposes, Ghana joins countries like Malawi, Zimbabwe and South Africa who are changing their laws on narcotics. 

Ghana’s new laws will make room for cannabis to be used to make medicines and hemp fibres. 

Hemp fibres are used to make clothes, biofuel, paper and other products. 

Ghana is hoping to rake in some revenue as well when industrial production of cannabis begins. 

Industrial deals already signed

In Ghana, there is already the Hemp Association of Ghana (HAG) which has signed a deal with a Ghanaian-owned Cannabis business operator based in Portugal. 

The deal will gross a staggering $ 56 million in five years from merely cultivating and exporting industrial hemp from a land size approximating 100 acres. 

It will rake in around $2.8 million per harvest of HAG’s industrial hemp on the planned 100 acres. 

Taxes to the Ghanaian government could gross over $ 10 million from just 100 acres of industrial hemp if the authorities evaluate the industrial potential of the plant taking the world by storm currently.

President of the Hemp Association of Ghana Nana Kwaku Agyemang told Africa Feeds that “We seem to get lost in this issue of getting high, and all we can talk about as Ghanaians is smoking. 

As President of the Hemp Association of Ghana, "we are not promoting smoking, we are promoting the industry, we are promoting cleaning up the environment, we are promoting creating a new revenue stream for government in terms of taxing from cultivation and export and we are talking about promoting medicines that are far better than opioids, medicines that cannot kill you because no one has died from taking cannabis.” 

Cannabis Sativa is used for over 50,000 industrial uses, including being used as a cheaper alternative to cotton, paper car dashboards, and building houses and for medicinal purposes. 

The Global Cannabis Market is estimated currently at over US$ 100 billion and estimate for the next five years peg the market size at a staggering $ 300 billion.

https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Ghana-legalizes-cannabis-for-health-and-industrial-purposes-900280

Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by CokeBar(f): 10:34am On Mar 21, 2020
Get me some maryjane
Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by Smithwilliams826: 10:37am On Mar 21, 2020
Na wah oh! I'm still thinking among Ebola and corona, which one worst pass? Corona is more popular than Ebola oh but Ebola is more deadly.

2nd link for exchange currency? Check link below.

Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by InfoSources: 10:40am On Mar 21, 2020
Weed o
Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by Yenefer(f): 10:42am On Mar 21, 2020
Marijuana is more dangerous to mental health than cocaine and methamphetamine. If u are using this drug know that people see u as a crazy person, it doesn't make u smarter. U live in alternate universe out of touch with reality
Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by Bluezy13(m): 10:54am On Mar 21, 2020
Yenefer:
Marijuana is more dangerous to mental health than cocaine and methamphetamine. If u are using this drug know that people see u as a crazy person, it doesn't make u smarter. U live in alternate universe out of touch with reality

People see you as a crazy person and you see people as crazy people.
This drug alters the faculty responsible for creativity. Yes, it makes those who take it to be creative. It inspires them.

It brings out the real you in you.
If you're the angry time, it makes you more angry. If you are the introverted type, it makes you more self-absorbed. If you are good at music, it inspires you creativity in music. If you are the stubborn type, it makes you more stubborn. If you always have the urge to steal, it makes you to be a full-time thief. If you're the troublesome type, it makes you more troublesome.

In the nutshell, this drug amplifies what you are. If you abuse it, it makes you psycho.

By the way, i don't take this drug.

1 Like

Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by Yenefer(f): 10:56am On Mar 21, 2020
Bluezy13:

People see you as a crazy person and you see people as crazy people.
This drug alters the faculty responsible for creativity. Yes, it makes those who take it to be creative. It inspires them.

It brings out the real you in you.
If you're the angry time, it makes you more angry. If you are the introverted type, it makes you more self-absorbed. If you are good at music, it inspires you creativity in music. If you are the stubborn type, it makes you more stubborn. If you always have the urge to steal, it makes you to be a full-time thief. If you're the troublesome type, it makes you more troublesome.

In the nutshell, this drug amplifies what you are. If you abuse it, it makes you psycho.

By the way, i don't take this drug.
u want me to believe. U are not taking the drugs after u thru Rose's on it
Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by Jakumo(m): 10:59am On Mar 21, 2020
Yenefer:

Every statement made in your post above is categorically false, but since you have no say in whatever legislation Ghana chooses for its citizens, I won't waste a second of my time debating with the proud custodian of a totally closed mind.

Na only Presido Buhari we dey wait now, to do the RIGHT thing, and legalize the herbal sacrament with IMMEDIATE effect in Nigeria, so that cultivation and export of this green gold can commence at once, and begin to generate BILLIONS of crisp green US dollars.

Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by Yenefer(f): 11:01am On Mar 21, 2020
Jakumo:

Every statement made in your post above is categorically false, but since you have no say in whatever legislation Ghana chooses for its citizens, I won't waste a second of my time debating with the proud custodian of a totally closed mind.

Na only Presido Buhari we dey wait now, to do the RIGHT thing, and legalize the herbal sacrament with IMMEDIATE effect in Nigeria, so that cultivation and export of this green gold can commence at once, and begin to generate BILLIONS of crisp green US dollars.
The Devil av taken over u
Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by Jakumo(m): 11:03am On Mar 21, 2020
Yenefer:
The Devil av taken over u

What do you suggest as my punishment ? Firing squad ? Electric Chair ? or Jungle Justice ?
Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by Beedehmee(m): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2020
Smithwilliams826:
Na wah oh! I'm still thinking among Ebola and corona, which one worst pass? Corona is more popular than Ebola oh but Ebola is more deadly.

2nd link for exchange currency? Check link below.

in 2 years ebola killed over 11k people in 3 month corona haved killed over 10k people. Now which one is more deadly?
Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by Bluezy13(m): 11:18am On Mar 21, 2020
Yenefer:
u want me to believe. U are not taking the drugs after u thru Rose's on it

I have not had a need to take the drug.
The drug is a mental influencer. It stimulates the mind. It helps control the minds of the victims depending on their intentions.
I have discovered that I can harness my mind into doing what the drug can help me do. If I can control my mind, I don't need something to help me do it.
It is all about mind control. If I want to behave in a particular way, I'll cause my mind into imagining that state. It is a strategy.

Occultism taught me that.
But I am not an occultist.
Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by Yenefer(f): 12:18pm On Mar 21, 2020
Jakumo:

What do you suggest as my punishment ? Firing squad ? Electric Chair ? or Jungle Justice ?
why will I suggest that to u.
Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by segebase(m): 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2020
Nice one
Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by Jakumo(m): 12:40pm On Mar 21, 2020
Yenefer:
why will I suggest that to u.

Well, your earlier post suggested that my support of cannabis legalization means, in your words, that I might be demonically possessed, which to brainwashed religious zealots, can be regarded as the basis for seeking to harm or kill the person who has been judged to be evil, after a fair trial conducted in the court of their little minds.
Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by Yenefer(f): 12:47pm On Mar 21, 2020
Jakumo:

Well, your earlier post suggested that my support of cannabis legalization means, in your words, that I might be demonically possessed, which to brainwashed religious zealots, can be regarded as the basis for seeking to harm or kill the person who has been judged to be evil, after a fair trial conducted in the court of their little minds.
Nah u thought it wrong. We are all possessed in way or the other
Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by Jakumo(m): 12:52pm On Mar 21, 2020
Yenefer:
Nah u thought it wrong. We are all possessed in way or the other

Does this mean that a date might not be out of the question after all ? I would be honored to introduce you to Ghana vegetable.
Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by Jakumo(m): 12:57pm On Mar 21, 2020
For all you investors looking for a fast vehicle to major currency in-flow, look no further than your neighbor, Ghana, which today became the new promised land, where money will literally grow on trees, and yield bountiful cash harvests every 4 months, depending on the variety cultivated.

Here is the cut-and-paste of the entire article, from GhanaWeb.

"Ghana has legalized the use of cannabis for health and industrial purposes as it joins other African countries hoping to derive economic and health benefits from the substance.

On Friday the country’s Parliament passed into law the Narcotics Control Commission Bill, 2019.

The law now makes the country’s Narcotics Control Board (NACOB) a Commission with enhanced powers to oversee the industrial use of some narcotic substances.

The Commission, however, will have the mandate to control and eliminate the trafficking of prohibited narcotic drugs to ensure public safety.

Health experts have always campaigned for addicts of narcotic drugs to be properly rehabilitated and not treated as criminals.

The new law makes provision for that as well now classifying drug abuse a public health issue.

With the legalization of Cannabis for industrial and health purposes, Ghana joins countries like Malawi, Zimbabwe and South Africa who are changing their laws on narcotics.

Ghana’s new laws will make room for cannabis to be used to make medicines and hemp fibres.

Hemp fibres are used to make clothes, biofuel, paper and other products.

Ghana is hoping to rake in some revenue as well when industrial production of cannabis begins.

Industrial deals already signed

In Ghana, there is already the Hemp Association of Ghana (HAG) which has signed a deal with a Ghanaian-owned Cannabis business operator based in Portugal.

The deal will gross a staggering $ 56 million in five years from merely cultivating and exporting industrial hemp from a land size approximating 100 acres.

It will rake in around $2.8 million per harvest of HAG’s industrial hemp on the planned 100 acres.

Taxes to the Ghanaian government could gross over $ 10 million from just 100 acres of industrial hemp if the authorities evaluate the industrial potential of the plant taking the world by storm currently.

President of the Hemp Association of Ghana Nana Kwaku Agyemang told Africa Feeds that “We seem to get lost in this issue of getting high, and all we can talk about as Ghanaians is smoking.

As President of the Hemp Association of Ghana, we are not promoting smoking, we are promoting the industry, we are promoting cleaning up the environment, we are promoting creating a new revenue stream for government in terms of taxing from cultivation and export and we are talking about promoting medicines that are far better than opioids, medicines that cannot kill you because no one has died from taking cannabis.”

Cannabis Sativa is used for over 50,000 industrial uses, including being used as a cheaper alternative to cotton, paper car dashboards, and building houses and for medicinal purposes.

The Global Cannabis Market is estimated currently at over US$ 100 billion and estimate for the next five years peg the market size at a staggering $ 300 billion.
Share your news stories to newswires@ghanaweb.com and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625. "
Re: Covid19? Ghana Legalizes Cannabis For Health And Industrial Purposes by Orinmoku(m): 1:04pm On Mar 21, 2020
The extract from cannabis, called CBD has been proven to be very effective in dealing with various ailment. The likes of Releaf Blend CBD Oil.
Ask me for more details

Mathew on WhatsApp, 08183549549

(1) (Reply)

Young Man Found In A Wall / Suspected Video Of Chinese People Destroying 5G Tower Causing COVID-19 / A Young Boy Wrote An Article Before He Died Of Covid 19, See What He Wrote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.