Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,397 members, 7,978,264 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 12:59 AM

Is Marriage Only For Procreation? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage Only For Procreation? (2239 Views)

Is Marriage Only Favourable To The Female Gender? / Is Marriage For Me? / So This Is Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:11pm On Mar 22, 2020
Seriously? This is an eye opener for all.
Beejaynma:

Hmmmm,
i married him because prophets (about 5 different prophet) told me he's my husband and I will regret it if I did not marry him.

Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:15pm On Mar 22, 2020
If the kids can talk, then you can send the kids to make financial requests from him from time to time. You can't be broke and seek legal battle, you need money, be wise. Be strong for your kids, there is hope for the future, hold on.
Beejaynma:

Thank you ma. I decided not to ask him money so that he wont increase the maltreatment am receiving from him
Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by crackkhaus: 8:41pm On Mar 22, 2020
ahnie:
I don't even know what to say....let me invite the elders...

Crackhaus (chief analyst on marital affeez!
Sisisioge....the FA crooner
Bukatyne...

But like seriously why must one experience all these shits in marriage.
Is it ill-luck,fate or what?

Funny enough those men appears responsible looking and respectable outside.
gringrin

Nothing to analyse here ni oo.
She either stays and put up with all of it, or she divorces him. It's not that hard...

She can also meet those prophets, maybe they can explain what happened cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by Graxie(f): 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2020
Another BS, the same pattern, the same story. At your age, prophet is telling you who to marry, you are kneeling down to beg, enduring six months of emotional torture, attempting suicide, being blackmailed on not leaving with kids yet ready to die and leave them. Madam, leave nairaland, carry pen and paper and start writing about your life, decide from now till July what you want from life. You are even confronting side chicks yet you can't confront your wandering penis. I hope you are not an orphan?

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by bukatyne(f): 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2020
24kmagic:
I promised myself never to sympathize with any woman in any abusive relationship or marriage.
They deserve anything being thrown at them.

It is only a woman that will see a drug addict, woman beater, an alcoholic, and all sorts of bad habits in a guy and still tell you that she loves him.

The more days I spend on earth, the more puzzled I am by the choices women make when it comes to choosing a man (whether boyfriend or husband).

When it comes to choosing a man, most women are destined to pick the wrong ones. And it's mostly due to the fact that they don't know what they need, they only know what they want.

And what is it that they want:
A sweet talker
A 7 inch preek
6 packs
A fine boy
A rich man.

The surprising thing is both the teenagers and the so called mature ones all have a warped idea about how to pick a man.

They come online to console themselves but they soak their pillows in tears everyday.

@bold:

That is the key to a long-term successful marriage.

Differenting between what you want and what you need.

Yorubas would say 'o fi oko se boyfriend/ iyawo se girlfriend'.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by bukatyne(f): 9:32pm On Mar 22, 2020
Graxie:
Another BS, the same pattern, the same story. At your age, prophet is telling you who to marry, you are kneeling down to beg, enduring six months of emotional torture, attempting suicide, being blackmailed on not leaving with kids yet ready to die and leave them. Madam, leave nairaland, carry pen and paper and start writing about your life, decide from now till July what you want from life. You are even confronting side chicks yet you can't confront your wandering penis. I hope you are not an orphan?

Omo, you don vex!
Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by ImaIma1(f): 10:37pm On Mar 22, 2020
Beejaynma:

Hmmmm,
i married him because prophets (about 5 different prophet) told me he's my husband and I will regret it if I did not marry him.

It seems like you actually live your life with prophets' advice and predictions.

Or how on earth did you meet 5 prophets? Did you coincidentally meet them at different times while you were just strolling on the road? Or you were going from prophet to prophet looking for what wasn't lost?

You should have a say in who you marry. Now where are the prophets?
Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by thorpido(m): 10:50pm On Mar 22, 2020
bukatyne:

1. Apart from his poverty, why else did you marry him?
Op,this is the key question.
It's not about marrying a guy who has little,it is about marrying the right man....a man of integrity,good character and fear of God.Whether you marry a poor guy or rich guy,if his character is faulty,it's still a wrong choice.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by KennieKingOba(m): 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2020
hhhhmmmm im dumbfounded
Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by ImaIma1(f): 11:31pm On Mar 22, 2020
thorpido:
It's not about marrying a guy who has little,it is about marrying the right man....a man of integrity,good character and fear of God.Whether you marry a poor guy or rich guy,if his character is faulty,it's still a wrong choice.

You know NL guys would have brought out their armour tanks if she had said the guy was rich. So she had to be clear. If not you would have heard..

"Shebi you wanted a rich guy..."
"God don catch you"

...and the likes. To most of them, only marrying a struggling guy justifies what she's going through.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 5:35am On Mar 23, 2020
thorpido:
Chai I miss you oooo
Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by juman(m): 7:35am On Mar 23, 2020
Beejaynma:

Hmmmm,

Prophets are largely scammers.
Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by juman(m): 7:39am On Mar 23, 2020
If you are not comfortable with the marriage despite all your effort to salvage it you can go for divorce.

The court would allow you to go with the children because they are young and need care.
Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by confido2017: 8:20am On Mar 23, 2020
My dear, u seems to care too much or ur giving him too much ATTENTION. Just ignore most of his behaviours or attitudes and FOCUS on your children and business.

2. Don't confront any side chic or even do as if you ve seen dem.

3. After corona-virus just be going out with ur children, Cinemas, visiting. I mean go places and take lot of pics den put in ur whatsapp pics

ENJOY ur LIFE. U can't come and kill yourself bc of one man. DON'T forget, God forbid if u commit suicide. One of his girlfriend will enter that same day.

Earnestly, I know it isn't easy but just try not to bother urself too much about him. shekina
Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by nautybride: 9:56am On Mar 23, 2020
@Poster; I hope you are smart, all you have to do is in these options.
1. Pack your bags and children and disappear.
2. Find all means to keep yourself happy, work (it really helps), sing , dance and look radiant. Now, you need a friend you can talk to. That understands you. Stay in the marriage for your children, look at them and smile always. Avoid annoying your husband and keep him at arm length. Study more. You live only once. Enjoy your life, take yourself out and treat yourself well.

Pick Option 2. Life is beautiful when you begin to love yourself the more. Emotional abuse in marriage drains, keep hope alive. You can do it
Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 23, 2020
Marriage is not bondage. Marriage is usually hard for people who see marriage as an escape route, people who ignore warning signs just because they want marriage at all cost.
No one deserves an unhappy marriage. Many women are in unhappy marriages because they have no source of income and always saw marriage as their meal ticket. A woman who built herself before marriage will not tolerate nonsense and most likely the husband will also think twice before treating her as a doormat. Get something doing and gain financial independence. That is the first stage of your liberation. Whining will not make your husband change. You either accept him or leave him.
Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 23, 2020
Beejaynma:

Hmmmm,
No sympathies here. Na dem, the no sense kind of people.
Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by babyfaceafrica: 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
He had nothing when I got married to him because I believe everything will be fine.

Who asked you for this story?
Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by Jehnny01: 1:59pm On Mar 27, 2020
Are you female single/married, but bored and lonely?
Do you look for a companion to talk (gossip) and laugh with in Abuja?
Do you crave for something deep and refreshing?
Do you need a companion for morning exercise?
Do you want to make new friends, share experiences, have fun and be happy.

Let's connect @ jehnny01joy@gmail.com

It should be discreet, matured, and fun only
Re: Is Marriage Only For Procreation? by tracyfemmmm: 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2020
Beejaynma:
I married this man 10 yrs ago and i have never enjoy the marriage even for one day. He had nothing when I got married to him because I believe everything will be fine if both of us join hands together and work hard. I wish I married a rich man that is giving me all I want and maltreating me as the one I married is treating me.
Several times I have knelt down to beg him for offence I did not commit just for peace to reign. I hate malice and he likes it alot. He can keep malice for 6months without talking to me. I know I have made the gravest mistake of my life because this is not the marriage I prayed for. I wanted a friend as a husband but God gave me a boss that always see me as subordinate. I don't ask him money even when I know he has numerous girlfriend that he's spending for. He always defend his girlfriends anytime I challenge them. Honestly am dying slowly, i decided to end it all last year by taking poisonous liquid but I survived. Am just so lonely and I don't want to cheat, honestly I don't want to. Am trapped already and he told me I can't take his 2 kids away because I told him I want to go and get apartment. My kids are my life and I can't leave them.
I know there are lots of responsible married people here, please is this what marriage all about
Lol Madam gather evidence of his numberios girlfriends and all the maltreatment and take him to court. You will win custody or at least partial custody.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Surrogate Mothers Needed In Abuja / www.wivestownhallconnection.com / For Women: How To Secure Your Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.