Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:40 AM

Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men (9191 Views)

At 30+ You Have Failed In Life If You Are broke as a lady - Feminist Coach(vid) / Can We Find A 20years Girl Who Is Still A Virgin In This Our Present Generation? / "These Cucumbers Are Better Than 90% Of Men" - Lady Says, But Gets Blasted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by sexylassie2(f): 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2020
Dollarheist:

She has hell lot of lawyers as friends, sis forget some men appear meek but dem go dribble you pass ronaldo

you know most nigerians rather take it to God's hand than to the court of law

but in mother earth, the court of law is the place to get justice, it is slow but justice always come at the end

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Magnoliaa(f): 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2020
budaatum:
The men you speak of should relearn from girls.

How do you mean? In what way?
Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by sexylassie2(f): 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2020
Lostz:
act or no act the maximum you get is 5k per child for upkeep

ok sir, continue ooh
Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2020
Dollarheist:

I wont even raise a knife logic and proper family politics will put her where she belongs
Zero emotions is needed during the divorce game
you can even ignore the court.
Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 22, 2020
sexylassie2:

ok sir, continue ooh
you may end up dead if you are too greedy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Dollarheist: 9:37pm On Mar 22, 2020
sexylassie2:

you know most nigerians rather take it to God's hand than to the court of law

but in mother earth, the court of law is the place to get justice, it is slow but justice always come at the end
If i tell you what she did before the divorce and after you will fear her before God
But gender war its not worth it we are all human above everything
Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Magnoliaa(f): 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2020
adexpa:
You have spoken well op, your message sound well and it was well read. Our society is seriously bad and every youth crave for shortcuts this days, but I will like to point out that as it goes males it goes for females too cus the current ladies are not ready to delay gratification any longer; they want to marry a man now and start enjoying what another woman who married 15yrs ago is enjoying. It is not good too generalise at the same time cus we still have some great male and female out there(the percentage might not be reasonable)

May God help us

Your common sense in uncommon, Pa. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by sexylassie2(f): 9:39pm On Mar 22, 2020
Lostz:
you may end up dead if you are too greedy

so you will kill, anyway, the prison are full with suppose tough guys who were not smart.

you might end up like them

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Chiemerie8(m): 9:42pm On Mar 22, 2020
sexylassie2:
For all those men that don't work, if a working woman marry you, accept her name as your surname

Because I don't see the reason why I should be bearing the surname of a lazy man

Only working men are entitled to give a woman their surname
This table you dey shake, plenty people dey on top am o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Dollarheist: 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2020
Chiemerie8:

This table you dey shake, plenty people dey on top am o
She is shaking nothing cos nobody will date a broke man from the start but after marriage when life happens women will show the world how much they have gone through or done for the family even if its just two weeks
You grab?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 22, 2020
sexylassie2:

so you will kill, anyway, the prison are full with suppose tough guys who were not smart.

you might end up like them
I will kill any thief who attempt taking away my property. I may even kill her parents.

not everyone who kill is in prison. there are many ways to kill without trace

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by oazeez1991(m): 9:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
Dis writeup wud av been applauded if not 4 d denting of a general image based on an isolated experience which mk it sentimental nd appear like sm1 tryin 2 voice out her pain, not reality.

Wat hapun 2 d use of terms like, 'Some', 'Most', instead of generalizing?

Anyway, it's ur opinion @Op. We r ol entitle 2 our various opinions.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Magnoliaa(f): 9:50pm On Mar 22, 2020
SweetCunt97:
So many sissies... Can u imagine some of them using that silly flower love effect when snapping? Can a real man portrayed by Okonkwo in Things Fall Apart do such? How do you think men of those days married wives who were submissive, respective to them?

Now, with this contribution, and the understanding of most people concerning feminism and just any woman - I think you'll be misunderstood. A lot of people will take you for a feminist.

There's nothing wrong with a man using snapchat filters.
Okonkwo is no man. At least, not one fit for the modern world.
Their wives were submissive and respectful-- of course, if you were a brute would you not be feared?

We should not be going back nor be dragged back. Please. Everyone should be better.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by sexylassie2(f): 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2020
Lostz:
I will kill any thief who attempt taking away my property. I may even kill her parents.

not everyone who kill is in prison. there are many ways to kill without trace

OK sir, na small boy dey still do you.
Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2020
sexylassie2:

OK sir, na small boy dey still do you.
I hear
Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Jman06(m): 9:57pm On Mar 22, 2020
Op, so you think that men are not coming for you because you are independent

Does it ever occur to you that the reason may simply be because you are no longer desirable Like, you have lost all the youthful attractiveness men desire in ladies

Younger girls are getting married every weekend regardless of their financial statuses. Many of you fail to understand that the primary thing that attracts most men to women is their sexual appeal. That is why even rich ladies with that attractive body still have men flocking around and begging to marry them.

So, op stop consoling yourself! You have simply gone out of demand! Worse still, you lack character! So what in heaven's sake will attract a man about you

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by JasperVII(m): 9:59pm On Mar 22, 2020
Biased

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by sexylassie2(f): 10:01pm On Mar 22, 2020
Magnoliaa:

Now, with this contribution, and the understanding of most people concerning feminism and just any woman - I think you'll be misunderstood. A lot of people will take you for a feminist.

There's nothing wrong with a man using snapchat filters.
Okonkwo is no man. At least, not one fit for the modern world.
Their wives were submissive and respectful-- of course, if you were a brute would you not be feared?

We should not be going back nor be dragged back. Please. Everyone should be better.

I will disagree, there is every thing wrong with a man using snap chat filters.

Okonkwo was a hero of his time. His environment made him, who he became.

He was ambitious, strong and ready to fend and protect his family because of that his society and his wives loved him

He should be a role model to many men today.
Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Magnoliaa(f): 10:10pm On Mar 22, 2020
sexylassie2:

I will disagree, there is every thing wrong with a man using snap chat filters.

What's wrong with it? It's just beauty stuff. There are male models, designers and stylists out there.

Okonkwo was a hero of his time. His environment made him, who he became.

He was ambitious, strong and ready to fend and protect his family because of that his society and his wives loved him

Yes, well, I said, 'Not one fit for the modern world.' Do you need to be a brute to get things now? Look at the way he treated his kids. The culture will define what a man is (and the gender roles). His wives loved because of what he provided. What they've be taught to expect.

He should a role model to many men today.

You see, it was that culture that was passed down right from Okonkwo's generation to the generation of our fathers (most). Look at how men are today. And you still want more Okonkwos as boyfriends and husbands?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2020
Martinez39s:
The desire for "get rich quick" schemes, and the desire to flaunt wealth— or at least show that one is doing well— are characteristics of youth; it's not limited to males. It's also why many male and female youths live fake lives on social media. There is an increase in "yahoo boys" as well as an increase in girls eagerly treading the slutty path for any manna from rich men and Yahoo boys. The laziness and lack of ambition, also being characteristic of today's youth, are also not limited to males. The abject reading culture and the aversion toward activities that are intellectually demanding are also not a male problem; they plague both male and female youths. Though not an excuse, such deplorable state of youth in Nigeria is mainly due to the broken system they have found themselves in.

From your write-up, one would erroneously conclude the following:
1) females are the ones making all the money while males are rotting in poverty.
2) Females are the geniuses while males are inept in intellectual endeavors. Males cheat in exams while females don't.
3) Females are avid readers while the males are not.
4) Females are the breadwinners of their families.
5) Females are not lazy, but males are lazy.

Such bias and erroneous inferences are not surprising since you, just like other feminists/females, will operate from the natural feminine hubris of female superiority and indispensability, and the natural feminine loathing and envy of men and masculinity. In fact such talking points in the op and the bleating on male ego (as if females don't have ego) as textbook feminist talking points.

As for the redpill, haters are welcome. grin

Omar09, emmaodet, pansophist, CAPSLOCKED, JONNYSPUTE,
.....Let them continue.We are watching
Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Jman06(m): 10:26pm On Mar 22, 2020
But why do ladies think that every man must desire them

Men also have choices and preferences!

Just because guys don't find you attractive you are now claiming they are scared of "independent" ladies Or that they know they don't have a chance with you hence are scared to approach you

They simply don't like you, period!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by ocha88(m): 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2020
One thing is for sure our society has deteriorated so don’t just blame men for where we find ourselves today, a lot of women nowadays that sees their body as a source of income who raised them?

ladyGKilaBCrueD:
Now, before you attack me or go into fits of hateful convulsion, hear me out first please and perhaps you'd agree with what I'm saying.

This present generation of "men" are an utmost disaster. I am going by what I see mostly on social media and the sordid stories I hear around me.
They do not have the drive, ambition, intelligence and confidence of our fathers. For one, a lot of new generation guys are extremely lazy. They do not want to work hard, they'd rather look for the next "get rich quick" scheme than to actually use their brains in a productive manner. This is evidenced by the proliferation of [i]yahoo boys[/I] in recent times. No one wants to put in the work, they want to be the next Mompha or Hushpuppi, stunting on the gram. It's not a bad thing to like money neither is the desire to be rich despicable. Infact, I think it's a noble desire. But these men would rather spend their entire day daydreaming about getting rich or looking to dabble into nefarious activities instead of actually working hard legitimately. How many of you can boast of a study monthly income of at least N350K?(Which is still very small IMO)

Most of our present men are very unintelligent. Ask the average man you meet the last book he read and it'd probably be a book that he read during his university days as part of his coursework. Speaking of the university, I just want to highlight my point by talking about my own experience back in the higher institution. In a class of about 120, we were evenly split between both genders. There was a stark difference in performance between the female students and the male students. While the girls were doing extremely well, the males on the other hand were failing woefully. They had no interest in academics, they barely attended classes, they relied on "expo" to get through tests and exams. Only a handful of them were doing well. The girls in my course were truly something else, very studious, serious minded and focused. I usually shook my head in disbelief at this unsavory trend. And these are future men who would grow up to be the "head of the home" but they were living life so carelessly. The only thing must Nigerian men are educated about is sex. This is all what they always dream and talk about, busting the next nut. Go through their social media posts and it's always something about big breasts, or big ass or something sexually related. I wish they'd focus all that energy on something more profitable.

I could go on and on about this unfortunate generation of men. They lack any form of drive and ambition, they are not forward thinking, very lackadaisical towards life. A real man should be ambitious. A real man should be a planner. A real man should be a provider. But our weak men of today just take the days as they come with no solid goals or aspirations. Most of them even now rely on their wives as the bread winners. You won't hear much about this because most women keep this a secret so as to not "emasculate" their husbands. A lot of women are now the providers but they'd rather make it seem like it's their husbands that do the providing just to assuage his stupid ego... which brings me to the next point.

The biggest Achilles heel of the Nigerian man is his ego. The average Nigerian man is extremely domineering and controlling, this is why he cannot stand having a successful wife because he feels he would not be able to control her. Thankfully, a lot of Nigerian women are waking up to realize their worth and their power and this has threatened Nigerian men so much grin They have this deep hate for feminists and feminism; they cannot stand the thought that women have come to realize that they are much more than housemaids and that they shouldn't be considered inferior to any man because they can do just as much as men can do. The little thread of "manhood" they were desperately clinging onto to give themselves any form of validation has been rudely snatched away by these pesky feminists! There is nothing left to boost their now dwindling ego so what do they now resort to? Becoming [i]alfa[/I] males and taking the red pill grin grin They try to delude themselves into thinking that they are red pillers and thus will not chase women when deep down inside they know they are failures and that no correct women would look at them twice grin

One last thing I want to talk about before I sign off is about the current trend of these delusional males shaming women for being single grin grin grin I keep on seeing "insults: like[i] evening newspaper[/I] and claims that most feminists need their wrinkled joysticks. These men accord so much importance to themselves that they see a single woman as an anomaly grin These group of men are obviously still sleeping. A lot of Nigerian women are now doing things to make themselves happy. They have come to realise that these men are not worth making any sacrifices for and they'd rather focus their energy on their businesses, careers and themselves. An increasing number of Nigerian women have expressed their desire not to get married and would you blame them? Marriage in Nigeria is like a bondage especially with this low-value men milling around. So my dear Nigerian men, you are not that valuable. When next you see a single girl, just know that it is out of choice or because you all aren't worth anything and don't assume she needs a man. Nobody needs you. You aren't that great tbh.

In conclusion, if I ever have a son, God knows I will raise him right. He will not be a lazy, entitled mess of a man that most of y'all are. I hope my post hasn't offended you in any way.

Next topic: The Redundancy of the Red Pill and MGTWOW movements in Nigeria.

If you're too lazy to read, read the bolded. Thats the most important part of this article.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2020
I've read everything up to this point, and it was quite an interesting read. But disturbing.

Too much resentment in people's hearts nowadays. I blame the internet and smart phones for all these toxic gender biased and discriminatory ideologies rampant these days.

We all used to be young and innocent

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Magnoliaa(f): 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2020
Jman06:
But why do ladies think that every man must desire them

Men also have choices and preferences!

because guys don't find you attractive you are now claiming they are scared of "independent" ladies Or that they know they don't have a chance with you hence are scared to approach you

They simply don't like you, period!

The first bolded line is actually true. It's an inferior feeling they have. And they say things like, 'she won't be respectful, bla bla bla, don't have more than your husband, buy properties in his name.'

The second bolded, not always true.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by sexylassie2(f): 10:36pm On Mar 22, 2020
Magnoliaa:

What's wrong with it? It's just beauty stuff. There are male models, designers and stylists out there.

Yes, well, I said, 'Not one fit for the modern world.' Do you need to be a brute to get things now? Look at the way he treated his kids. The culture will define what a man is (and the gender roles). His wives loved because of what he provided. What they've be taught to expect.

You see, it was that culture that was passed down right from Okonkwo's generation to the generation of our fathers (most). Look at how men are today. And you still want more Okonkwos as boyfriends and husbands?

It is beauty stuff made for women.

I think you look at the negative attributes of okonkwo, he actually had lot of positive attributes.

He was loyal to his community and family
He was hard working, a good provider.

A symbol of respect. Someone you could rely on.

He was brutal but not to his wives but to other fighters.

Okonkwo isn't the reason men are like this today, poverty, lack of opportunities and frustration are the reasons, men are the way they are today.

Okonkwo lived in harmony with men and nature, was satisfied with the fruit of his labour.
Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Magnoliaa(f): 11:09pm On Mar 22, 2020
sexylassie2:

It is beauty stuff made for women.

And it's still not okay for men to use because? We wear jeans and 'borrow' some masculine styles too.

I think you look at the negative attributes of okonkwo, he actually had lot of positive attributes.

He was loyal to his community and family
He was hard working, a good provider.

A symbol of respect. Someone you could rely on.

He was brutal but not to his wives but to other fighters.

I guess so. I never finished the book.

konkwo isn't the reason men are like this today, poverty, lack of opportunities and frustration are the reasons, men are the way they are today.

Okonkwo lived in harmony with men and nature, was satisfied with the fruit of his labour.

I think this topic is nuanced, and cannot be easily simplified. This deals with 'masculinity', a person's (man) perception of themself and what they are in the world. Their responsibility. It's more than economic issues.

Wait, did the man- Okonkwo- not kill himself? Why?

It's cultural and deeply embedded in traditions. He's still not fit to be a good role model, 'cause his psyche, core is ... fundamentally flawed somehow. He's a 'man' in every sense of the traditional meaning of the word. And that includes the negatives and toxicity. A few good doesn't justify nor cancel out the whole.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by emmaodet: 11:51pm On Mar 22, 2020
Martinez39s:
The desire for "get rich quick" schemes, and the desire to flaunt wealth— or at least show that one is doing well— are characteristics of youth; it's not limited to males. It's also why many male and female youths live fake lives on social media. There is an increase in "yahoo boys" as well as an increase in girls eagerly treading the slutty path for any manna from rich men and Yahoo boys. The laziness and lack of ambition, also being characteristic of today's youth, are also not limited to males. The abject reading culture and the aversion toward activities that are intellectually demanding are also not a male problem; they plague both male and female youths. Though not an excuse, such deplorable state of youth in Nigeria is mainly due to the broken system they have found themselves in.

From your write-up, one would erroneously conclude the following:
1) females are the ones making all the money while males are rotting in poverty.
2) Females are the geniuses while males are inept in intellectual endeavors. Males cheat in exams while females don't.
3) Females are avid readers while the males are not.
4) Females are the breadwinners of their families.
5) Females are not lazy, but males are lazy.

Such bias and erroneous inferences are not surprising since you, just like other feminists/females, will operate from the natural feminine hubris of female superiority and indispensability, and the natural feminine loathing and envy of men and masculinity. In fact such talking points in the op and the bleating on male ego (as if females don't have ego) as textbook feminist talking points.

As for the redpill, haters are welcome. grin

Omar09, emmaodet, pansophist, CAPSLOCKED, JONNYSPUTE,

About youths been lazy, bro you won't blame them.
In a society where hardwork, dedication, faithfulness are not been appreciated or celebrated unless you make money from it.
Everything has been commercialized. If you are not making money, you are not making sense. If you no get money hide your face.
In such environment, you tend to ditch the so called normal things and follow the crowd of yahoo, prostitution etc
May God help us.
About her comments - i will attend to that soon
Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Angela62: 12:51am On Mar 23, 2020
sexylassie2:

I always feel that you are delusional anytime i read your garbage, some mumu might call you intelligent because you come here to write down knowledge you got from watching too much youtube videos.

So a man can call a woman evening newspapers, slut etc but a woman can't broke shame.

The reality of this your redpill nonsense is that many of you glamour for a system where women are caged and her freedom limited.

Gentleman, this is 2020, women are taking responsibilities while the men are busy on drugs or masturbating, instead of them to adapt, they are busy complaining up and down.

Sorry, no lazy idiot can never see my money or pussy.

You would have made sense if you actually point out where p.ansophist is wrong in any of his statements, instead of attacking him. I have been on this forum for long, reads silently and does come across his writeup periodically, and if anything, he justifies his stance sufficiently, and does not go around directly insulting people like you are doing. Disagreeing with his writeup doesn't make it garbage, there are lots of sensible people on this forum that read without attaching emotions to it, with common sense, and appreciates his views and his uniqueness in delivery. I do.

Everything you wrote up there doesn't represent him, or his message. If you think otherwise, again, can you point it out? not insult, but point out where he is biased and challenge him on that. Hopefully, your next reply won't be an insult, and if it is, then you proved my point.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by sexylassie2(f): 1:05am On Mar 23, 2020
Angela62:

You would have made sense if you actually point out where p.ansophist is wrong in any of his statements, instead of attacking him. I have been on this forum for long, reads silently and does come across his writeup periodically, and if anything, he justifies his stance sufficiently, and does not go around directly insulting people like you are doing. Disagreeing with his writeup doesn't make it garbage, there are lots of sensible people on this forum that read without attaching emotions to it, with common sense, and appreciates his views and his uniqueness in delivery. I do.

Everything you wrote up there doesn't represent him, or his message. If you think otherwise, again, can you point it out? not insult, but point out where he is biased and challenge him on that. Hopefully, your next reply won't be an insult, and if it is, then you proved my point.

i think, it will be nice if you move on

pls, do not tell me how to behave on this forum, i have laid down my points, if you find his write up intelligent, good for you i find his write up full of garbage, a copy and paste work, nothing unique, no new ideas, stale ideas gotten from watching too much youtube videos, opinions without concrete facts or evidence

good luck defending pseudoscience.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Angela62: 1:23am On Mar 23, 2020
sexylassie2:

I find his write up full of garbage, a copy and paste work, nothing unique, no new ideas, stale ideas gotten from watching too much youtube videos, opinions without concrete facts or evidence

good luck depending pseudoscience.

So if his write-ups are opinions without ''concrete facts or evidence'', what are your ''facts and evidence'' to prove that all the rubbish you wrote about him is true and that his perspectives are gotten from youtube? you are going around labeling people's ideas as lacking in evidence, but will not support yours with evidence as well? can you see how you are contradicting yourself? Besides, what exactly is wrong with learning from youtube, assuming he actually did get his points from youtube?

Also, as I wrote before, why don't you challenge him with your ''facts and evidence'' and highlight his ''pseudoscience? if he then fails to justify his stance duly, then it will be clear that you may have a point. That is dignifying and something someone with an ounce of true education, common sense and civility will do. Otherwise, you are engaging in ad-hominem, and anyone with common sense can see through you. undecided

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by sexylassie2(f): 1:37am On Mar 23, 2020
Magnoliaa:

And it's still not okay for men to use because? We wear jeans and 'borrow' some masculine styles too.

I guess so. I never finished the book.

I think this topic is nuanced, and cannot be easily simplified. This deals with 'masculinity', a person's (man) perception of themself and what they are in the world. Their responsibility. It's more than economic issues.

Wait, did the man- Okonkwo- not kill himself? Why?

It's cultural and deeply embedded in traditions. He's still not fit to be a good role model, 'cause his psyche, core is ... fundamentally flawed somehow. He's a 'man' in every sense of the traditional meaning of the word. And that includes the negatives and toxicity. A few good doesn't justify nor cancel out the whole.

then men should wear makeups, high heels shoes, wears wigs and all feminine style just because each sexes borrow styles from each other.

basically you are trying to write that masculinity in men is a social construct. masculinity or manliness are attributes and characteristics of men, manliness in men are biologically and environmentally influenced. strength, courage, independence, leadership, and assertiveness are attributes of men, environmental factors like economical issues or lack of opportunities can reduce this attributes, a man who has his life together will likely see an increase in his ability to provide,his assertiveness, become independent than a man who hasnt gotten his life together.

okonkwo killed himself because he could not stand to watch his culture die out under the weight of colonialism. He is a role model every man should imitate.

i think you are looking for the perfect role model, there are no perfect role models in this world, role models are human like us filled with negative and positive attributes, as humans, you can either imitate what ever attributes you feel is the best for you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men by Beverlyjean(f): 1:39am On Mar 23, 2020
Angela62:

So if his write-ups are opinions without ''concrete facts or evidence'', what are your ''facts and evidence'' to prove that all the rubbish you wrote about him is true and that his perspectives are gotten from youtube? you are going around labeling people's ideas as lacking in evidence, but will not support yours with evidence as well? can you see how you are contradicting yourself? Besides, what exactly is wrong with learning from youtube, assuming he actually did get his points from youtube?

Also, as I wrote before, why don't you challenge him with your ''facts and evidence'' and highlight his ''pseudoscience? if he then fails to justify his stance duly, then it will be clear that you may have a point. That is dignifying and something someone with an ounce of true education, common sense and civility will do. Otherwise, you are engaging in ad-hominem, and anyone with common sense can see through you. undecided

No need engaging her...not everyone has the capacity to be intelligent on this forum

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Asked A Chick Out But She Won't Give Me An Answer / Is It Too Late To Marry At 34 For A Man? What Age Is Best For Marriage? / Why Guys Still Have Sex With HIV-AIDS Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.