Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,225 members, 7,900,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:48 AM

I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari (1209 Views)

“I Am Too Disciplined To Stoop So Low” – Orubebe Denies Plotting To Kidnap Jega / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari / I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Ojiani: 5:19am On Dec 27, 2010
[size=18pt]I’ll make Nigeria a disciplined society -Buhari
[/size]
Written by Christian Okeke, Abuja Monday, 27 December 2010

FORMER Head of State and presidential aspirant on the platform of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Mohammadu Buhari, has again vowed to sanitise the system and return Nigeria to a disciplined society and one in which proper rule of law reins.

This came as the presidential hopeful said he believed that the over $15billion that accrued annually to the federation account from oil receipts, LNG, FIRS tax revenue and Customs duty, if prudently utilised, would be enough to construct coal-fired power station as well as cement factory in Enugu State.

Speaking through his campaign coordinator for Enugu State, Osita Okechukwu, Buhari disclosed that the party had an elaborate plan to construct mini-power stations across the country, targeting abundant coal deposits in Enugu, Benue, Kogi and other parts of the country.

He pledged his commitment to a transparent leadership, which he noted, would encourage influx of foreign direct investment.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/15272-ill-make-nigeria-a-disciplined-society-buhari
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Kobojunkie: 5:26am On Dec 27, 2010
Cut the bull @Poster. The last time he worked at doing the very same, were you or your parents told you had to convert to Islam or obey islamic rule to continue as Nigerians?

Seriously, try to familiarize yourself with the man's record from the start, not continue to go on sound bytes, with not much else.
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Faeb: 5:46am On Dec 27, 2010
Buhari is a coup plotter who overthrew a democratic govt.
. . .Treason.
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Gboliwe: 6:44am On Dec 27, 2010
Nigeria with diverse religions now being 'ruled' the islamic way? God forbid! We'l rather split than have that.
Bad campaign
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by OchiAgha2(m): 6:45am On Dec 27, 2010
Run for the hills!  shocked The title is misleading though. lol
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Jakumo(m): 6:50am On Dec 27, 2010
Ayatollah Buhari should have his wee-wee and empty cranium amputated in accordance with Sharia law, because that critter's testosterone levels are triggering irrational, homicidal ranting, and he URGENTLY needs to be fixed once and for all.
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 27, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Cut the bull @Poster. The last time he worked at doing the very same, were you or your parents told you had to convert to Islam or obey islamic rule to continue as Nigerians?

Seriously, try to familiarize yourself with the man's record from the start, not continue to go on sound bytes, with not much else.

Thank you thank you. Mehn, you are just too much.

I was just going to ask Chyz how disciplined society = Islamic rule. How does vowing " to sanitize the system and return Nigeria to a disciplined society and one in which proper rule of law reins" a bad thing? Arent we all clamoring for the proper governance of Nigeria? As long as democracy [if even it exists] is still maintained.

Why are Nigerians so jittery over the littlest stuff?
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Ojiani: 7:33am On Dec 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Thank you thank you. Mehn, you are just too much.

I was just going to ask Chyz how disciplined society = Islamic rule. How does vowing " to sanitize the system and return Nigeria to a disciplined society and one in which proper rule of law reins" a bad thing? Arent we all clamoring for the proper governance of Nigeria? As long as democracy [if even it exists] is still maintained.

Why are Nigerians so jittery over the littlest stuff?

Islam means submission in arabic. submission=discipline. He can always come out and say that he's not a bigot but a person's personality will always come out in his speech no matter how hard he tries,he can't hide it it is already a part of him.
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 27, 2010
Ojiani:

Islam means submission in arabic. submission=discipline. He can always come out and say that he's not a bigot but a person's personality will always come out in his speech no matter how hard he tries,he can't hide it it is already a part of him.

Not necessarily.

The dirty politicians and even the citizens themselves need to be geared towards the law they've forgotten.

If the citizens knows their right and how to attain their rights, things would be a lot better.
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 27, 2010
People should stop trying to scare Nigerians with misleading topics as this.

Upon the Christianized of all Christian politicians, which one(s) is/are cleaner than the muslim/traditional politicians.
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Ojiani: 7:50am On Dec 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Not necessarily.

The dirty politicians and even the citizens themselves need to be geared towards the law they've forgotten.

If the citizens knows their right and how to attain their rights, things would be a lot better.

Buhari said he is not going to prosecute those politicians of the old administrations i.e. IBB,OBJ,UOK,etc, Also, he supports sharia law which exempts muslims from certain criminal laws.Why do you believe he would be fair and not bias if he can support such a thing? You are correct about the last sentence but most people in the U.S. don't know their rights and this is a 1st world country so what makes you thing that citizens in nigeria will?Especially someone who supports two judicial systems in a country? Have you seen the recent news about what Mallam Lamido Sanusi is trying to do with the banks? A new article has just come out.Ileke these islamic dudes are serious about spreading their rule,they are not playing at all.
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Ojiani: 7:51am On Dec 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

People should stop trying to scare Nigerians with misleading topics as this.

Upon the Christianized of all Christian politicians, which one(s) is/are cleaner than the muslim/traditional politicians.

Which christian leader has tried to force his religion directly or indirectly on the country?
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 27, 2010
Ojiani:

Which christian leader has tried to force his religion directly or indirectly on the country?

So you're insinuating that Buhari is trying to indirectly impose his religion on this county?

Where how? Because of the word "disciplined"? Should he have chosen a more flowery word?

Does Nigeria need not be lawfully disciplined? With democracy full intact, that is.
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Ojiani: 7:58am On Dec 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

So you're insinuating that Buhari is trying to indirectly impose his religion on this county?

Where how? Because of the word "disciplined"? Should he have chosen a more flowery word?

Does Nigeria need not be lawfully disciplined? With democracy full intact, that is.

Forget it.
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 27, 2010
Ojiani:

Forget it.
No angry
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by sochan: 8:14am On Dec 27, 2010
To be fair to Buhari, he has not said that, so lets stop all this rubbishing of the man. Buhari, whether some of you guys like it or not remains one of the few credible candidates around. However to win over some of his skeptics, I would like to see him Publicly come out and condenm the recent killings in Jos and Borno in the strongest of terms. he is a northern leader, and should be at the fore of brokering lasting peace.
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by mbulela: 9:24am On Dec 27, 2010
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 27, 2010
@OP, must u add 'ISLAMIC RULES' in the topic. Ok, we've heard u.
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Pukkah: 10:07am On Dec 27, 2010
@Poster, I am still trying to establish the relationship between the title of this post and the body. Is there any please?
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by jaygetta(m): 5:28pm On Dec 27, 2010
Because Nigerians are so rabidly corrupt and tribalistic and would not give a Honorable man like Buhari his due, but will instead cyber-slurp animals like GEJ's dixyyck all day, I hope they never get a Buhari and keep getting stuck with the likes of Cow-Boy hat wearing GEJ and homo-boy AtiffKu!
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Dede1(m): 6:42pm On Dec 27, 2010
@POST

Who the hell does Buhari think he is? If the alleged sanitization of Nigeria society as credited to Buhari is true, I suggest he should start with himself. Mahammadu Buhari is an epitome of indiscipline as far as Nigeria is concerned. He should not have been in the army if not for the handiwork of corrupt northern region politicians. He is a product of Nigerian political nepotism. Buhari has failed to show an iota of discipline since he has made himself a perennial Nigerian presidential candidate. And to make the matter worst, he has turned himself into political love peddler by jumping from one political party’s bed to another. I shall take a known lady love peddler over Buhari because the lady might have come from a humble background.
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by gogo13233: 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2010
BUHARI IS A FASCIST AND WILL NEVER GET MY VOTE angry, HE IS JUST ANOTHER HAUSA FULANI SUPREMACIST
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 29, 2010
Buhari should go and discipline himself first.

But seriously when will Buhari appologise to the Nigerian people for criminally overthrowing a democratically elected Government? The then 1979 constitution made it clear that it was criminal to assume leadership of the country by any means inconsistent with the dictats of the 1979 constitution.

Buhari criminally disrespected this constitution and siezed power with the barrel of the gun from a civilian leadership. Till this day he has not had the courage to say sorry and yet folks want to associate this criminal's name with discipline?

I sorry for my country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 29, 2010
For those who will come here to tell me how corrupt the then democratic Government was, remember this. The current Government is even more corrupt; so if our current military boys are as indisciplined as Buhari was then as a soldier, they will plot a coup and overthrow our current democracy and Buhari would have had no chance junketing arround the country seeking the people's vote in a democracy.

If we were a serious nation where politicians challenge people's past record Buhari would have been reminded that he has not appologised for ousting a democratically elected Government and by now his life time work would have been dedicated to lecturing new Army recruits on how to shun coup-de-tats.

This man is a criminal and the problem is he has neither repented nor shown remorse for his crimes.
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 29, 2010
Buhari's candidacy also sets a very bad precedent. You can truncate a democracy as an Army General and get elected President 30years later in the same country.

That will certainly be some record we clearly do not want to have. For the sake of our country's future and its democracy, I hope Buhari fails woefully.
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by hercules07: 5:01pm On Dec 29, 2010
@MIke

Obasanjo truncated a government as well and he has been president twice, Buhari is not setting any precedent.
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2010
hercules07:

@MIke

Obasanjo truncated a government as well and he has been president twice, Buhari is not setting any precedent.

What democratically elected President did Obasanjo overthrow, please educate us?
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Nsiman(m): 6:26pm On Dec 29, 2010
@ topic, una go hear nwing because buhari go tight knob for sharia law
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by Nsiman(m): 6:27pm On Dec 29, 2010
@ topic, una go hear nwing because buhari go tight knob for sharia law
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by revomind(m): 7:07am On Dec 30, 2010
For lack of a better candidate, Buhari may get my vote. I supported Jonathan because I let sectionalism get the better of me. Now I know better.
Re: I’ll Make Nigeria A Disciplined Society -buhari by revomind(m): 7:13am On Dec 30, 2010
mikeansy:

Buhari's candidacy also sets a very bad precedent. You can truncate a democracy as an Army General and get elected President 30years later in the same country.

That will certainly be some record we clearly do not want to have. For the sake of our country's future and its democracy, I hope Buhari fails woefully.
So who would you rather have? Atiku? Let's face it, we don't have the luxury of choice in this coming election. It will eventually boil down to the PDP candidate and most likely Buhari. In that kind of situation, I would rather vote Buhari than vote for that criminal party.

(1) (Reply)

Eziachi:1967 mean alot to Biafra,and mean alot to me. / (nigeria) National Id Project Suffers Set Back / Some Of The Real Reasons Why Nd'igbo Are Suspicious Of ""occupy Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.