Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,596 members, 7,924,018 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 08:38 PM

Abuja - Lagos Express Way On Lockdown - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja - Lagos Express Way On Lockdown (597 Views)

No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road / LASTMA General Manager Caught A Man Driving One-Way On 3rd Mainland Bridge / COVID-19: Kaduna Express Road On Lockdown (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja - Lagos Express Way On Lockdown by liliandrew: 5:59pm On Mar 24, 2020
Travelers going to Abuja from Lagos or coming from Abuja to the southern parts of the country are now stranded as Lokaja-Abuja express way and Abuja –Okene road has been lock down.

According to Irukkanews correspondent who is monitoring the ugly development, this is as a result of a clash between Lokoja revenue collectors and trailer drivers. According to him, one of the tanker drivers refused to give the revenue collectors the sum of N200.

He said this led to a fight in which the conductor of the trailer driver was killed. Speaking further, the death of the conductor made the other trailer drivers to block the high way with their articulated vehicles.

“The Abuja-Lagos express way and Abuja-Okene express way have been blocked since mornings.There has been no movement and the reason is because Revenue Officer are fighting with truck drive. The fight has led to the death of one of the conductors of the truck drivers and because of that the other truck have block the road, wielding sticks, cutlasses and stone.The blockage started from federal university main gate to Kogi State Polytechnic which is along Lokaja-Abuja Express way and Abuja-Okene road. One of the conductor of the tank was killed .As I am making this report,the body of deceased is still lying on the road.”

By Adamu Opportunity

Read more: https://irukkanews.com/index.php/2020/03/24/abuja-lagos-express-way-on-lockdown/

Re: Abuja - Lagos Express Way On Lockdown by liliandrew: 5:59pm On Mar 24, 2020
SO SAD
Re: Abuja - Lagos Express Way On Lockdown by identitylenz(m): 6:00pm On Mar 24, 2020
Eyaah
Re: Abuja - Lagos Express Way On Lockdown by crestedaguiyi: 6:27pm On Mar 24, 2020
mad people everywhere
Re: Abuja - Lagos Express Way On Lockdown by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 24, 2020
Thank God,if nt it wont have been easy.i live nearby.
Re: Abuja - Lagos Express Way On Lockdown by extralargehead(m): 6:40pm On Mar 24, 2020
I love this new term=LOCK DOWN. Everything is now under lock down.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos To Abuja By Bus / I've Got #5m, Want To Do My Masters In Canada. Advice needed / Enugu & Owerri Flights Cancelled By Airpeace & United Nigeria Airlines.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.