Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,272 members, 7,932,157 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 07:46 PM

Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows (1006 Views)

Buhari To Return 2016 Budget To NASS Over Missing Projects / Defence Headquarters Detains Generals And Recalls Others Over Missing Cash / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by AloyEmeka8: 8:50pm On Dec 27, 2010
[size=14pt]Panel invites ex-Gov Oni over ‘missing’ 593 cows[/size]
NewsDec 27, 2010
By Gbenga Ariyibi

Ado-Ekiti—A panel recently raised by Ekiti State Government to assess abandoned and ongoing projects has invited the ousted government led by Engr Segun Oni in the state to come and explain the whereabout of 593 cows out of the 700 cows imported to the state’s dairy farm at Ikun Ekiti during his regime.
The Oni led administration had in early 2009 imported 700 cows at N1 million each from South Africa amidst fanfare claiming that the cows were imported to produce milk for pupils in public schools and provide beef for the people of the state at cheaper rates.

Briefing newsmen weekend in Ado Ekiti shortly after the end of the visit to the dairy farm , the chairman of the panel, Mr Ranti Adebisi, said his panel was able to see just 107 out of the 700 cows in the farm, noting that the ousted administration may have mismanaged the farm.
The RATF Chairman, said if Oni was unable to give a satisfactory answer to the whereabout of the cows that he would be compelled to pay damages over the alleged mismanagement of the dairy over which his administration spent hundreds of millions of naira without a tin of milk to show for their importation.
The panel boss said Oni and other officials connected with the importation of the cows must be made to explain why only 107 cows are left in the dairy farm out of the 700 imported from South Africa early 2009.
Adebisi also disclosed that the state governor, Engr Kayode Fayemi, has ordered that the remaining 107 cows be sold out to interested buyers to save them from dying of starvation.

Besides, Adebisi also demanded that all contractors and consultants of the dairy farm project be summoned to come and explain their roles in the importation of the cows which were brought to the site to be starved to death.
While expressing deep regrets about the state of health of the remaining 107 cows, Adebisi maintained that all the officials of the sacked administration must be called to question to prevent a repeat of such mismanagement and waste of public funds.
The massive death of the cows has heightened fears of epidemic and other heath hazards in Ikun community which is now overtaken with horrible odour emanating from the decomposing cows.

The supervisor in charge of the farm, Mr Yaya Idris was said to have explained to the team that the Oni_led government abandoned the farm to the extent that some time, throughout a month, the cow would not be fed while no medication for them.
All these, Idris explained, resulted in their untimely death saying there was a time that the death of the cows became a daily occurrence owing to the neglect of the ousted administration.
“We have invited the former governor to come and see things for himself, but he has refused to come. He did not bother about how this place was being run” Idris said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/panel-invites-ex-gov-oni-over-%E2%80%98missing-593-cows/
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by AloyEmeka8: 8:52pm On Dec 27, 2010
Ekiti: The fountain of weird characters!!!!

When you think the news coming from Nigeria is getting weirder. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Governor thief money finish begin thief meat too. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by Faeb: 8:52pm On Dec 27, 2010
Ah ah! How can they be asking for missing cows during Xmas hols? shocked
What do they think happened na?
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by AloyEmeka8: 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2010
Faeb:

Ah ah! How can they be asking for missing cows during Xmas hols? shocked
What do they think happened na?

You dey mind them. Oni used their cows do owambe jare. grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by AloyEmeka8: 2:49am On Dec 28, 2010
I knew there was something fishy when they were importing cows from abroad.
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by violent(m): 2:54am On Dec 28, 2010
Governor thief money finish begin thief meat too

Hilarious! grin grin
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by AloyEmeka8: 2:57am On Dec 28, 2010
You dey laugh?. These men are very wicked; after dem thief our money finish, they still continue to thief our livestocks. Next news you will hear is Ekiti senator stole 5 chickens belonging to his poor neighbor who is a widow.
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by aljharem11(m): 3:00am On Dec 28, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

You dey laugh?. These men are very wicked; after dem thief our money finish, they still continue to thief our livestocks. Next news you will hear is Ekiti senator stole 5 chickens belonging to his poor neighbor who is a widow.
grin grin grin

sad but true smh grin grin
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by jensinmi(m): 3:08am On Dec 28, 2010
I'm tired of this my state ooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ayo Fayose is still answering his case of what happened to poultry worth 1.2 billion Naira.

Now, Segun Oni will begin answering for case on Beef.

I wonder what is next now, Kangaroos??
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by Nobody: 3:15am On Dec 28, 2010
lolz  cheesy
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by AloyEmeka8: 3:20am On Dec 28, 2010
jensinmi:

I'm tired of this my state ooo  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ayo Fayose is still answering his case of what happened to poultry worth 1.2 billion Naira.

Now,  Segun Oni will begin answering for case on Beef.

I wonder what is next now,  Kangaroos??

You see am. I didn't even know that one governor already beat me to the scandal. So, Ayo stole chickens too?. Next will be stealing of dried fish or oporoko. Ekiti porapo really needs to stop electing hungry leaders.
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by Nobody: 3:23am On Dec 28, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

You see am. I didn't even know that one governor already beat me to the scandal. So, Ayo stole chickens too?. Next will be stealing of dried fish or oporoko. Ekiti porapo really needs to stop electing hungry leaders.

I think you love Ekiti. Just say it.
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by AloyEmeka8: 3:28am On Dec 28, 2010
Aigbofa:

I think you love Ekiti. Just say it.

Why?. So, their governor can steal my chihuahua for dinner?.
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by Nobody: 3:38am On Dec 28, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Why?. So, their governor can steal my chihuahua for dinner?.

No. I think you find us too charming and irresistible. Don't worry about your chihuahua, as you can see, we prefer beef.
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by AloyEmeka8: 3:44am On Dec 28, 2010
Aigbofa:

No. I think you find us too charming and irresistible. Don't worry about your chihuahua, as you can see we prefer beef.

Ide Osi, Efon Alaye, Ode, Ikole and one other area in Ekiti actually love dog meat. I don't want your governor kidnapping my chihuahua.
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by Nobody: 3:49am On Dec 28, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Ide Osi, Efon Alaye, Ode, Ikole and one other area in Ekiti actually love dog meat. I don't want your governor kidnapping my chihuahua.

LOL grin grin grin grin

That is not true! Your chihuahua is absolutely save in Ekiti. I can't vouch for it's safety if it strays out of Ekiti though.

Anyway, let's talk about your love for my people.
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by AloyEmeka8: 4:14am On Dec 28, 2010
Aigbofa:

LOL grin grin grin grin

That is not true! Your chihuahua is absolutely save in Ekiti. I can't vouch for it's safety if it strays out of Ekiti though.

Anyway, let's talk about your love for my people.

I love all kinds of people and my love is not limited to Ekiti. It is rather weird for a whole governor to be stealing goats and cows. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by Nobody: 4:26am On Dec 28, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

I love all kinds of people and my love is not limited to Ekiti. It is rather weird for a whole governor to be stealing goats and cows. tongue tongue tongue

Any governor capable of stealing millions of Naira is not likely to be fazed by a few cows.

Now, let's talk about your affection for us. You know, your tender, loving feeling for us.

LOL grin grin
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by AloyEmeka8: 4:38am On Dec 28, 2010
Aigbofa:

Any governor capable of stealing millions of Naira is not likely to be fazed by a few cows.

Now, let's talk about your affection for us. You know, your tender, loving feeling for us.

LOL grin grin

The comment in bold is very logical but that logic does not apply in Ekiti. Fayose stole chicken, Oni stole cows, etc. Was it not in Ekiti that a female politician cut off a journalists leg?. May be she actually did so because she needed her share of government meat. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by Latty88(f): 8:15am On Dec 28, 2010
Can't stop laughing.
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by Latty88(f): 8:17am On Dec 28, 2010
Can't stop laughing
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by AloyEmeka8: 12:31pm On Dec 28, 2010
Laugh jare. It is allowed. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by akyus(m): 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2010
Excellent! Exactly what should be happening in Jos. Let's begin to hold people acountable. It's sad when people who swear to protect lives and property are not doing so and to make matters worse they still want to remain in office.
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by AloyEmeka8: 3:02am On Dec 29, 2010
akyus:

Excellent! Exactly what should be happening in Jos. Let's begin to hold people acountable. It's sad when people who swear to protect lives and property are not doing so and to make matters worse they still want to remain in office. 

But Ekiti governor didn't swear to protect cows.
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by jamace(m): 7:01am On Dec 29, 2010
Make dem check him farm. cheesy
Re: Ekiti: Panel Invites Ex-gov Oni Over ‘missing’ 593 Cows by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 29, 2010
grin man must chop now grin

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Not A Saint Afterall! Read This / Drama: Vp Candidate Addresses Presidential Debates In Hausa ! / Ohakim's Sins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.