Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,653 members, 7,882,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 06:27 PM

419: How Do Scammers Know Your Name When They Call You On Phone? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 419: How Do Scammers Know Your Name When They Call You On Phone? (1113 Views)

Why Do Scammers Cry When Other Bigger Scammers Scam Them? / Naira Loses To Dollar, Closes At 419 In "Official Market" / #investor 419 How A Investor In Switzerland Is Duping Nigerian Start Ups Legally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

419: How Do Scammers Know Your Name When They Call You On Phone? by ejimatic: 9:06pm On Mar 24, 2020
lit is no longer new in Nigeria that some Nigerians have been duped of their money when scammers called them on phone and introduced themselves as bank staff.The question is :how do the scammers know know your name when they call to dupe unsuspecting victims? Please tell your experiences
Re: 419: How Do Scammers Know Your Name When They Call You On Phone? by cRobo: 9:07pm On Mar 24, 2020
True Caller
Re: 419: How Do Scammers Know Your Name When They Call You On Phone? by ejimatic: 9:08pm On Mar 24, 2020
cRobo:
True Caller
. I agree with you
Re: 419: How Do Scammers Know Your Name When They Call You On Phone? by ejimatic: 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2020
Many bank staff compromise bank account details with the fraudsters...Remember many of them also give information to the armed robbers....When they are less busy many of them will be checking your account and what is there.....Any call from anybody claiming to be a bank staff should be disregarded,It is 419

1 Like

Re: 419: How Do Scammers Know Your Name When They Call You On Phone? by phrancys001(m): 11:06pm On Mar 24, 2020
Gsm registration centers are also culpable

1 Like

Re: 419: How Do Scammers Know Your Name When They Call You On Phone? by ejimatic: 6:36am On Mar 25, 2020
phrancys001:
. I agree with you.
Re: 419: How Do Scammers Know Your Name When They Call You On Phone? by ejimatic: 6:36am On Mar 25, 2020
phrancys001:
I agree with you
Re: 419: How Do Scammers Know Your Name When They Call You On Phone? by U1(m): 7:28am On Mar 25, 2020
ejimatic:
Many bank staff compromise bank account details with the fraudsters...Remember many of them also give information to the armed robbers....When they are less busy many of them will be checking your account and what is there.....Any call from anybody claiming to be a bank staff should be disregarded,It is 419

Yeah, I have known about this for some time. The post reminded me of an incident that happened yesterday.

A fella called me telling me he was calling from a bank I use and that I needed to come and add my BVN again at the bank. He then proceeded to ask for me to confirm some information he was calling out. When I refused, he started sounding somewhat accusatory like, "this is not your account since you cannot provide..." I just ended the call and fired a mail to the bank.

This guy seemed to have access to information that a regular "outsider" shouldn't! Dishonest people everywhere.
Re: 419: How Do Scammers Know Your Name When They Call You On Phone? by ejimatic: 8:35am On Mar 25, 2020
U1:

Yeah, I have known about this for some time. The post reminded me of an incident that happened yesterday.

A fella called me telling me he was calling from a bank I use and that I needed to come and add my BVN again at the bank. He then proceeded to ask for me to confirm some information he was calling out. When I refused, he started sounding somewhat accusatory like, "this is not your account since you cannot provide..." I just ended the call and fired a mail to the bank.

This guy seemed to have access to information that a regular "outsider" shouldn't! Dishonest people everywhere.
. I received similar call last night from a lady who said she was from a bank and that somebody wanted to transfer money from my account.I checked my ATM if it had not been misplaced.I knew she was a scammer...I told her to block the person who wanted to transfer from my account.She ended the call herself.... Scammers are in the Nigerian banks now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Conduent Remote Customer Service Agent / All You Need To Know About The SMEDAN Certificate Of Registration / Popcorn Maize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.