Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,855 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:14 AM

Get in here. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Get in here. (2089 Views)

FUTA Students Arrested For Beating Up 100 Level Female Student / Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? / Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari Used In UNILORIN 100 Level Mass Comm Exam Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Get in here. by Nickshrapnel: 3:18pm On Mar 26, 2020
yusman14:
Bro, social media does not mean anything..
I have guys that are involved in online business and they are always online 24/7 that are on first class..
Genius dey OAU faculty of technology like!!

2 Likes

Re: Get in here. by yusman14(m): 3:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Bro, I was about to post the exact same thing you wrote up here but then I remembered that when I was in school, they were somethings I would always do that if my friends attempt it with me, they'd fail. What I'm trying to say is that people's brain do not work the same way. Like me now, if I don't get something in class, I can always pick a textbook up and I'd learn what I need, but some people need to be taught before they can learn the same thing
y
Yes you are correct...
Re: Get in here. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 26, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Bro, I was about to post the exact same thing you wrote up here but then I remembered that when I was in school, they were somethings I would always do that if my friends attempt it with me, they'd fail. What I'm trying to say is that people's brain do not work the same way. Like me now, if I don't get something in class, I can always pick a textbook up and I'd learn what I need, but some people need to be taught before they can learn the same thing
I knew quite early that social media will draw me back,so I had to go very low on it, I didn't do any apart from nairaland.So we are weird differently.
Re: Get in here. by mujibson(m): 6:03pm On Mar 26, 2020
Stargurl20:

Wow.... Impressive!
I study one of the social science courses .... On 4.0 despite all reading... Although I carried a 3unit course like that. But this comment inspired me. Although mine is 4yrs course and I'm in yr2 and haven't taken any exams yet
Is this not same 'stargirl' in explicit success WhatsApp group?
Re: Get in here. by Stargurl20(f): 7:11pm On Mar 26, 2020
mujibson:

Is this not same 'stargirl' in explicit success WhatsApp group?
No, any problem?

1 Like

Re: Get in here. by Alexis247(m): 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2020
Welcome to the best department in UNN

@poster
Civil. Engineering is dope
Re: Get in here. by Loris576(m): 6:10am On Mar 29, 2020
Sexytincoll:
Dont be discouraged,i started a little above your gp and my target was nothing short of 4.5, so I had to sit tight and made up throughout the rest semesters. I met my targets all through and just graduated with a cgpa of 4.75 in chemical Eng awaiting service.You can actually do that as well,but you will have to be less active on social media.Best of luck
Congratulations
Re: Get in here. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
Rgade:
So I'm studying civil engineering at one of these top federal universities.
All 100 level results are out and I'm on a 3.5CGPA on the dot.
Anyway I'm not happy angry angry
My plan from the on set was always to get out with a 2.1, but landing at the lower boundary of 2.1 definitely isn't good.
We were already well into 200 level b4 this ASUU/Corona combo shut down universities, and things aren't looking too good either, these EEE lecturers don't know what they're doing and I'm definitely getting an F in Thermodynamics if I don't sit up.(the way these mech lecturers annouce registration for carry over students self go fear you embarassed tongue).
I also have seminars to deliver (GS).

For the ones that have been through this road, I need reassurance, are my dreams of 2.1 still well alive.
I know I still have 4 years but I'm kind of a perfectionist, I tend to freak when things aren't going according to plan.
Should I just give up and quit school??

P/S..if you're gonna tell me about hard work and determination, then I'm screwed cry. My system doesn't support that. angry
Wow.
Genius
Re: Get in here. by Oladayo12(m): 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
Dont be discouraged,i started a little above your gp and my target was nothing short of 4.5, so I had to sit tight and made up throughout the rest semesters. I met my targets all through and just graduated with a cgpa of 4.75 in chemical Eng awaiting service.You can actually do that as well,but you will have to be less active on social media.Best of luck
Wow! that's impressive, a 1st class in chemical engineering. I narrowly missed 1st class due to my poor yr1 result, i'm also awaiting service.
Re: Get in here. by Oladayo12(m): 4:26pm On Apr 24, 2020
AnthCunny:

I understand that there are different methods schools use in calculating CGPAs. In some, the higher you go, the higher the percentage of your GPA for that session will contribute to the total CGPA. In some, it is equally, i.e everything is summed up from first to final year and divided by the credit units you offered throughout. I just want to ask the system your school use.
Uniben uses the former.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. / Nigerians React As Over 170 Deeper Life School Students Set Another UTME Record / Ebsu 2012/2013 Post Utme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.