Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,822 members, 7,889,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:01 PM

Law Or Family ( Do You Have To Choose) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Law Or Family ( Do You Have To Choose) (903 Views)

Study Medicine/ Law Or Other Professional Courses In Romania/ Student Visa / Study Medicine/ Law Or Other Professional Courses In Romania/ Student Visa / Study Medicine/ Law Or Other Professional Courses In Romania/ Student Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Law Or Family ( Do You Have To Choose) by nigergirl(f): 2:01pm On Jun 05, 2007
I AM VERY INTERESTED IN BECOMING A LAWYER. BUT MY FATHER IS TRYING TO DISCOURAGE ME, HE SAID THAT MEN ARE TURNED OFF BY WOMEN LAWYERS. THAT MEN ARE INTIMIDATED. DON'T GET ME WRONG, I STILL WANT TO BE A LAWYER.  MY FATHER SAYS HE IS JUST LOOKING OUT FOR MY FUTURE, HE WANTS ME TO HAVE EVERYTHING. BUT DO I REALLY NEED TO LOWER MY GOALS IN OTHER FOR A MAN TO WANT TO MARRY ME?    undecided undecided
Re: Law Or Family ( Do You Have To Choose) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 05, 2007
Achieve what you want to achieve, make your dream come true. When you are happy you will rediatite and when you rediate the right man will come along.
Re: Law Or Family ( Do You Have To Choose) by TAEMI(f): 7:06pm On Jun 09, 2007
GUYS PLS CHECK THIS OUT!
AFTER FINISHING WIT A 2.I IN BUS AD. IN UNILAG, I GOT AN OFFER FROM ACCESS BANK.
NOW MY PARENTS R SAYING I SHOULD NOT TAKE THE JOB AS ITS VERY STRESFULL. MOREOVER, THEY WANT ME TO DO A MASTERS IN ECONS( WHICH 'LL REQUIRE A 2 YR PG FIRST, MAKING 4 YRS IN ALL, SINCE MASTERS IS 2 YRS ALSO)
SO, THEY WANT ME TO REFUSE D OFFER( TRAINING SKUL STARTS on 11TH JUNE) N STAY IN THE 20,000 JOB THEY GOT FOR ME.
WA DU U TINK? undecided sad[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Law Or Family ( Do You Have To Choose) by anasey(m): 8:20pm On Jun 09, 2007
I'll advice you not to refuse the off as u might not be able to get one as that again,

At least you can go for your Masters on a part time Bases,

Well Good luck!!!

Cheers,
Re: Law Or Family ( Do You Have To Choose) by Aproko(f): 3:09pm On Jun 11, 2007
@ nigergirl,

am afraid your father is quite wrong. am a lawyer and when i tell people that, people look at me differently and give me a lot of respect.

you'd only have problems when you start to argue blindly and not know when to draw the line, again that has nothing to do with the legal profession but the person. anybody that wants to marry you will marry you and will not be scared of the fact that you are a lawyer, just learn to be humble and all. take care. wink
Re: Law Or Family ( Do You Have To Choose) by revrend: 12:21pm On May 20, 2009
you can still be a lawyer by proving to your father that you have all what it takes 2 be a lawyer, jst stand on it and you will achieve your goals and again you can still ask him on why he didn't want you to be a lawyer. pls may i know your email id, pls. bye

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do / Can A Food Engr Register With Nigeria Society Of Engrs? / Five Careers That Don't Require A Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.