Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,913 members, 7,902,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 08:24 PM

Covid-19: I'm Scared Of Travelling To See My Family - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19: I'm Scared Of Travelling To See My Family (450 Views)

I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead / I Found This On My Family Body Please What Is It? / I'm Tested Positive For Covid-19, I'm Very Very Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19: I'm Scared Of Travelling To See My Family by Tospringe: 8:17am On Mar 27, 2020
Good morning friends, please I need your advise. I plan to travel to see my wife today but I'm a bit sceptical about it. I'm based in Lagos and I travel home every weekend to see her. Although we were together last weekend. We've been married for 6 years now.

I've been feeling a bit unwell since last week Thursday, although not a serious one. I've been on Typhoid medication since Tuesday but I'm somehow scared.

This is how the fear started. Early this week, I and my two colleagues followed my boss to work, on getting to work, I discovered that one of my colleagues that we came together in my boss car started sneezing (not a terrible one) and the other one too was coughing. Anyway, they've both treated themselves and they've resumed back to work. The guy that sneezed attributed it to the exposure of his body to cold.
The issue now is I'm still feeling a bit unwell, just a normal temperature of 36.8, I'm not coughing neither I'm I sneezing, (although i coughed like 2 to 3 times overnight). I don't have sorethroat too. But I'm a bit tired with a slight headache and I'm still using my Typhoid medicine. So I just don't know what to do. If I should travel or not because she's already waiting for me. Please I need your blunt and medical advise, because I've started having some wide imaginations and also my mind is trying to make me sense of feel I have a sore throat. Please advise me.

Cc: Mynd44, OAM4J
Re: Covid-19: I'm Scared Of Travelling To See My Family by AgentNairaland(f): 8:19am On Mar 27, 2020
You're Safe just Go
Re: Covid-19: I'm Scared Of Travelling To See My Family by OdefaGirl(f): 8:23am On Mar 27, 2020
Tell her how you feel and postpone your movement to next weekend... it's well with you
And if the cough persists, you visit the hospital.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: I'm Scared Of Travelling To See My Family by Davash222(m): 8:23am On Mar 27, 2020
Better stay where you are until you're certain of your health.
Re: Covid-19: I'm Scared Of Travelling To See My Family by Pierced(f): 8:23am On Mar 27, 2020
If u av own private car.....then go.....if not pls stay at home.

Avoid public transport for now.
Re: Covid-19: I'm Scared Of Travelling To See My Family by Kylekent59: 8:24am On Mar 27, 2020
shocked

Family is the most important, but safety should come first. You are partially ill, and you don't need to stress yourself further. Take your medication until you are strong.

There is one thing your wife and children love so much: you!

I also think you are over thinking, you might have got the wrong concept of him[the second guy] sneezing, thereby having the impression he has contracted Covid-19.

You can also do the following: Take your medications, use hand sanitiser, wash your hands after mistakenly shaking someone, drink mush water so as to flush any virus on your throat, and stay 1.5 metres when someone talks to you.

If you are really determined to see them, you can also explain to them over the phone of your situations. Entering a bus in Lagos while this plague is still one can be very risky...... Ever wonder why markets were shut down yesterday?

Stay safe, remain healthy; and be very careful while at work.
Re: Covid-19: I'm Scared Of Travelling To See My Family by Tospringe: 8:28am On Mar 27, 2020
Davash222:
Better stay where you are until you're certain of your health.
The fear now is she already came to visit during the weekend. And even though if I have/had any infections, hope she's hasn't been infected.
Re: Covid-19: I'm Scared Of Travelling To See My Family by KaideeGee(m): 8:44am On Mar 27, 2020
No, no and no.

Pls, for the sake of your wife and your children, stay where you are. You can call more often, send more money or what ever, but until you are certain of your status don't visit.
Re: Covid-19: I'm Scared Of Travelling To See My Family by Tospringe: 8:45am On Mar 27, 2020
Kylekent59:
shocked

Family is the most important, but safety should come first. You are partially ill, and you don't need to stress yourself further. Take your medication until you are strong.

There is one thing your wife and children love so much: you!

I also think you are over thinking, you might have got the wrong concept of him[the second guy] sneezing, thereby having the impression he has contracted Covid-19.

You can also do the following: Take your medications, use hand sanitiser, wash your hands after mistakenly shaking someone, drink mush water so as to flush any virus on your throat, and stay 1.5 metres when someone talks to you.

If you are really determined to see them, you can also explain to them over the phone of your situations. Entering a bus in Lagos while this plague is still one can be very risky...... Ever wonder why markets were shut down yesterday?

Stay safe, remain healthy; and be very careful while at work.

Alright bro
Thanks for the advise �
Re: Covid-19: I'm Scared Of Travelling To See My Family by Tospringe: 8:47am On Mar 27, 2020
KaideeGee:
No, no and no.

Pls, for the sake of your wife and your children, stay where you are. You can call more often, send more money or what ever, but until you are certain of your status don't visit.
Thanks a lot.
But I'm a bit concerned because she came over during the weekend and I was already feeling feverish that time.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: I'm Scared Of Travelling To See My Family by KevMitnick: 8:53am On Mar 27, 2020
Please stay where you are
Re: Covid-19: I'm Scared Of Travelling To See My Family by Tospringe: 9:57am On Mar 27, 2020
KevMitnick:
Please stay where you are
Lagos

(1) (Reply)

UPDATED: 12 Dead As Nigeria’s Coronavirus Cases Rise To 407 / COVID19: Man Pours Sanitizer In His Food Before Eating / Say Goodbye To Pimples And Acne With This Organic Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.