Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,642 members, 7,878,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:28 AM

Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak (4032 Views)

What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People / Harsh Truths I Know At 47 I Wish Knew At 27: / Dear Average Nigerian Married Men, Hope You Learned Something From Mike O Edward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by bigpriik: 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2020
embarassed since monday i am mostly indoors i pray this whole thing ends.looking in deep into my most sincere mind i have come to realise that in this life you are truly on your own its all about you ,how you use and your brain(common sense) and how you relate with your creator no pastor , imam or the so called spiritualist can help you.

i cant believe that just because of one microscopic organism civilisation is threatened the whole world has shut down angry throughout my 27 years on earth i have never seen such it is so scary no nation was speared even the most powerful men looked like nothing i am even more shocked that the greatest men are even scared.
To my greatest suprise even the great religious monuments have shut down Mecca is empty, Jerusalem is empty, great churches have closed down God forbid what if corona lingers for another ten years will this relgious centers ever function .what of the miracle working pastors ,imams babalawos grin grin why cant they go and lay hands on the sick and heal them as they do and tv cry what is going on! if this lingers further the world will economies will sink into another recession right now we are looking up to just science unbelievable!

i am no athiest but i now believe the true God is not truly represented as we think its all business probably the real christians died during the days of the apostle (paul,timothy , luke and the rest the ones we have now is just scam extorting the gullible.

i rest my case. now it is oyo (on your own)use your head.

cheers
big priik

14 Likes

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by id4sho(m): 2:10pm On Mar 27, 2020
bigpriik:
embarassed since monday i am mostly indoors i pray this whole thing ends.looking in deep into my most sincere mind i have come to realise that in this life you are truly on your own its all about you ,how you use and your brain(common sense) and how you relate with your creator no pastor , imam or the so called spiritualist can help you.

i cant believe that just because of one microscopic organism civilisation is threatened the whole world has shut down angry throughout my 27 years on earth i have never seen such it is so scary no nation was speared even the most powerful men looked like nothing i am even more shocked that the greatest men are even scared.
To my greatest suprise even the great religious monuments have shut down Mecca is empty, Jerusalem is empty, great churches have closed down God forbid what if corona lingers for another ten years will this relgious centers ever function .what of the miracle working pastors ,imams babalawos grin grin why cant they go and lay hands on the sick and heal them as they do and tv cry what is going on! if this lingers further the world will economies will sink into another recession right now we are looking up to just science unbelievable!

i am no athiest but i now believe the true God is not truly represented as we think its all business probably the real christians died during the days of the apostle (paul,timothy , luke and the rest the ones we have now is just scam extorting the gullible.

cheers
big priik

As e dey hot
Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by Dangrace01: 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2020
angry
Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by pesty100(m): 2:48pm On Mar 27, 2020
bigpriik:

cheers
big priik

preach preach we are all fxucked
Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 27, 2020
angry angry
Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 27, 2020
Dear corona virus,odogwu 1 of China,afu dimkpa afu agbagba oria,he that gives the whole world emergency public holidays,omechiri airport uwa nile,the only sickness that made politicians to remain in Nigeria,he that storms the whole world without any permission,he that commands all the kukere husbands to stay at home,we Nigerians are pleading you to leave our country,��biko nwokeoma,you've been tested and trusted,pls have pity on us and go back to your coven.
Anyi afugo na anya ma kweta,biko buru ngwogwo gi puo na aha
Amen����

11 Likes

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by Martinez39s(m): 3:01pm On Mar 27, 2020
The outbreak of the virus should show you the inefficacy and inadequacy of religious gods, and it should make you ask if you haven't been lied to by your clergymen and holy books. As I have always said, despite the great noise about God's great power and existence, events will also occur and proceed as you would expect if there were no god.

CASE ONE
If any abrahamic God existed, and that God is powerful as the corresponding holy book purports, we would expect the follow:
(1) Prayer grounds and places of worship would be filled to the brim by all looking for the divine healing power.
(2) Governments around the world won't close down religious gatherings. In fact, they would urge and compel everyone to go to prayer grounds for healing.
(3) The services of clergy would have been demanded by doctors and scientists to contain the virus, and heal those who are in the hospital.
(4) The virus should have been a thing of the past due to divine intervention spurred by the prayers of believers.
(5) Pastors would have prophesied about the virus. Even pastors, psychics, imams etc. didn't see this coming. grin
(6) Prayer grounds would never be shut down.
(7) We might argue that God could have prevented this in the first place if He wanted to.
(8 ) There would be multiple cases of testimonies (with proof) of those who have been healed of the virus by prayer and faith.

CASE TWO
If God doesn't exists, religion is a lie, and we are on our own to solve our problems, here is what we would expect:
(1) There would social distancing to protect ourselves.
(2) Churches, Mosques, etc. would be closed down.
(3) Clergymen aren't healing the sick in hospitals but are in self-isolation. grin
(4) Governments are listening to scientific report instead of clergymen.
(5) Those who have contracted the virus are taken to the hospital instead of churches, mosques, prayer mountain etc.
(6) Governments and hospitals aren't earnestly seeking the services of holy men. In fact, they are not trying.
(7) So far, there isn't a single confirmed case of someone being healed by prayer and faith from the virus

Looking at both cases, tell me which one fits your observable reality. grin

emmaodet, OtemAtum,

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by proclinician: 3:05pm On Mar 27, 2020
TB J gave a date but here we are.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2020
I totally disagree with you on that of religious bodies. They are only complying with the fg strict orders to sit at home, which is normal. Cos the Bible says to obey all that are in Authority. So if they flout govt orders, even God will not be happy with them.
On a good day, if given the chance, some men of God will not be moved and will still gather crowd and nothing will happen. I'm telling you.

During Ebola period, one of my pastors gave a testimony of how a man of God dared a scientist to pour an Ebola infested sample in his palm. He did and within seconds, they checked with a microscope and all the virus in that sample were dead. That is the power of God and its still very much potent and active in our midst today if we can be allowed to demonstrate it.

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by LordKO(m): 3:20pm On Mar 27, 2020
Welcome to the reality. The concept of the sole creator of the universe as propagators and practitioners of religion have held/projected over the centuries is faulty - the way they project it is faulty. Atheists don't have better understanding either.

The sole creator of the universe is just. He doesn't intervene in human beings minute activities and he doesn't expect prayers/praises from human beings. Everything human beings need to exist independent of his minute intervention, he's already made them available - they're obtainable from self and from others (dead or alive), directly or indirectly.

The only way to reverence him remains through acts of goodness towards fellow human beings. Of course, absoluteness is of him not human beings.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by CAPSLOCKED: 3:42pm On Mar 27, 2020
bigpriik:

i cant believe that just because of one microscopic organism civilisation is threatened the whole world has shut down >:

MICROSCOPIC ORGANISMS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN STRONGER THAN US. INFACT, A GOOD NUMBER OF THEM LIVE IN OUR BODIES... CONSTANTLY ATTACKING TO KILL US. IT IS ALMOST AS IF THIS WORLD IS MEANT FOR THEM AND WE'RE JUST UNWORTHY TENNANTS WHO MUST BE EVICTED BY ALL MEANS.
Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by jeswinner: 4:22pm On Mar 27, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:
I totally disagree with you on that of religious bodies. They are only complying with the fg strict orders to sit at home, which is normal. Cos the Bible says to obey all that are in Authority. So if they flout govt orders, even God will not be happy with them.
On a good day, if given the chance, some men of God will not be moved and will still gather crowd and nothing will happen. I'm telling you.

During Ebola period, one of my pastors gave a testimony of how a man of God dared a scientist to pour an Ebola infested sample in his palm. He did and within seconds, they checked with a microscope and all the virus in that sample were dead. That is the power of God and its still very much potent and active in our midst today if we can be allowed to demonstrate it.
Please reveal the identity of the man of God

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by viccipedia: 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2020
LordKO:
Welcome to the reality. The concept of the sole creator of the universe as propagators and practioners of religion has held/projected over the centuries is faulty. Atheists don't have better understanding either.

The sole creator of the universe is just. He doesn't intervene in human beings minute activities and he doesn't expect prayers/praises from human beings. Everything human beings need to exist independent of his minute intervention, he's already made them available - they're obtainable from self and from others (dead or alive), directly or indirectly.

The only way to reverence him remains through acts of goodness towards fellow human beings. Of course, absoluteness is of him not human beings.

this is a good idea, but I’m afraid you’re quite far away from reality.
Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by viccipedia: 4:44pm On Mar 27, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:

What you ignorant lot don’t understand is that some things cannot happen or take place undocumented anymore. I have no doubt this crap you wrote up there is hearsay. You said a scientist! And he dint go further to record or publish what he had witnessed? Or why is your pastor not in the Guiness book of records?

5 Likes

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by LordKO(m): 5:12pm On Mar 27, 2020
viccipedia:
this is a good idea, but I’m afraid you’re quite far away from reality.

Let me know how you arrived at the assertion that I'm quite far away from reality. . . . As an authority in what sphere(s) of life?

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by viccipedia: 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2020
LordKO:

Let me know how you arrived at the assertion that I'm quite far away from reality. . . . As an authority in what sphere(s) of life?
Because true reality doesn’t see one or sole creator or God! True reality sees and abundance of gods as well as abundance of belief systems. What you stated is your own belief system, not reality.
As for authority, common sense thinking is not as easy as it’s mentioned.
Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by LordKO(m): 5:27pm On Mar 27, 2020
viccipedia:
Because true reality doesn’t see one or sole creator or God! True reality sees and abundance of gods as well as abundance of belief systems. What you stated is your own belief system, not reality.
As for authority, common sense thinking is not as easy as it’s mentioned.

Of course, I don't expect a mentally parochial element to see reality of a sole creator of the universe. As for "abundance of gods/human beings (dead or alive)," I summed it up with the following statement in that post: "Everything human beings need to exist independent of his minute intervention, he's already made them available - they're obtainable from self and from others (dead or alive), directly or indirectly."

Common sense isn't common.

My final reply to you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by viccipedia: 5:34pm On Mar 27, 2020
LordKO:

Of course, I don't expect a mentally parochial element to see reality of a sole creator of the universe. As for "abundance of gods/human beings (dead or alive)" I summed it up with the following statement in that post "Everything human beings need to exist independent of his minute intervention, he's already made them available - they're obtainable from self and from others (dead or alive), directly or indirectly."

Common sense isn't common.

My final reply to you.
why so bitter? What I stated up there is more factual than anything your pinky brain can phantom. So I’m really confident about who needs to be schooled about common sense here. You gave an opinion, and I gave a birds eye view of your content. You should say thank you or go to bed instead of quoting dictionary.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by Magnoliaa(f): 5:54pm On Mar 27, 2020
Mtcheew.
Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by confirm0(m): 6:07pm On Mar 27, 2020
Martinez39s:
The outbreak of the virus should show you the inefficacy and inadequacy of religious gods, and it should make you ask if you haven't been lied to by your clergymen and holy books. As I have always said, despite the great noise about God's great power and existence, events will also occur and proceed as you would expect if there were no god.

CASE ONE
If any abrahamic God existed, and that God is powerful as the corresponding holy book purports, we would expect the follow:

CASE TWO
If God doesn't exists, religion is a lie, and we are on our own to solve our problems, here is what we would expect:

emmaodet, OtemAtum,

Hello, i love your point of view but you are wrong at many angle which is based on the limitation of data and information you have acquired....

May not say more than this though
Thanks
Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 27, 2020
I'm glad you are back to your senses.
If not for one thing, this virus has exposed the hypocrisy of several religions.

Boko Haram that has been fighting on behalf of their god, where is that god to protect them from covid 19?

Pilgrimage to Jerusalem and Mecca have been stopped and I wonder why the powers in those "holy" places haven't intervened at a time like this.

Churches where sick people were miraculously healed have all shut down, why can't they heal victims of this virus?

A church opened an app for people to keep paying their tithe and people in this forum are defending the stupidity.

Well, to be stupid is a right. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by Femzaremz(m): 6:26pm On Mar 27, 2020
Martinez39s:

CASE ONE

CASE TWO

emmaodet, OtemAtum,
maximum respect bro!well said! In fact too much oil dey your head!

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by Martinez39s(m): 7:07pm On Mar 27, 2020
confirm0:

Hello, i love your point of view but you are wrong at many angle which is based on the limitation of data and information you have acquired....

May not say more than this though
Thanks
List few of the angles from which I am wrong.
Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by emmaodet: 7:25pm On Mar 27, 2020
Martinez39s:

CASE ONE

CASE TWO

emmaodet, OtemAtum,

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Good points bro but am always skeptical when it comes to religion.
It's a very sensitive topic.
I am neither a true believer nor atheist.
I am just floating or should i say drifting.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by Martinez39s(m): 7:31pm On Mar 27, 2020
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Good points bro but am always skeptical when it comes to religion.
It's a very sensitive topic.
I am neither a true believer nor atheist.
I am just floating or should i say drifting.
No topic is supposed to be sensitive. Free feel to explore, and ask questions without restrain and to any extent. Either something is true or not; fvck "sensitivities.''

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by csamii: 7:56pm On Mar 27, 2020
emperorblog21:
Dear corona virus,odogwu 1 of China,afu dimkpa afu agbagba oria,he that gives the whole world emergency public holidays,omechiri airport uwa nile,the only sickness that made politicians to remain in Nigeria,he that storms the whole world without any permission,he that commands all the kukere husbands to stay at home,we Nigerians are pleading you to leave our country,��biko nwokeoma,you've been tested and trusted,pls have pity on us and go back to your coven.
Anyi afugo na anya ma kweta,biko buru ngwogwo gi puo na aha
Amen����

Guy, you don off me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by Karleb(m): 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2020
From an optimistic point of view.

We are so lucky it's a virus that's causing all these.

Can you for a minute imagine what people passed through during World War I and II?

How about the Biafra War in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by Meedon: 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2020
God will surely bless the dead
grin
Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by AfroKnight: 9:32pm On Mar 27, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:

No scientist would deliberately infect a human being just because of a debate or dare. They wouldn’t even test a vaccine on humans without testing on other species, much less infecting a human being with a deadly virus. Do you know the legal implications?

You shouldn’t have believed that pastor.
Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 27, 2020
AfroKnight:

No scientist would deliberately infect a human being just because of a debate or dare. They wouldn’t even test a vaccine on humans without testing on other species, much less infecting a human being with a deadly virus. Do you know the legal implications?

You shouldn’t have believed that pastor.

It was a challenge the man of God asked for.
Well I do believe in the power of God demonstrated by His anointed.
Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by sirxbit(m): 5:02pm On Mar 28, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:

It was a challenge the man of God asked for.
Well I do believe in the power of God demonstrated by His anointed.
Your brain dey shake
Re: Bitter Truths I Learned From This Corona Outbreak by samdavjustin(m): 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2020
Events like this make atheist believe there is no GOD and they are not far from the truth. as for me I believe in a higher power but I know he doesn’t intervene in our daily activities.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Can't Lick Your Man's Feet, You Don't Love Him - Nigerian Lady Talk & Do. / Does Body-count Matters ?? / Girlfriend Ask For Condom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.