Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,272 members, 7,974,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 07:04 PM

Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus (1218 Views)

Prophetess Who Claimed She Went To Hell Apologize To The Church / Zambian Pastor, Brighton Samajomba, Dies From Malnutrition After 20-Day Fasting / Witchcraft, Mass Hysteria??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus by IamMichael(m): 3:19pm On Mar 27, 2020
Religious Ignorance Kills: Landon Spradlin, a Virginia pastor who claimed the “mass hysteria” around the coronavirus pandemic was part of a media plot against Trump, has died from the virus.
 Landon Spradlin’s family never got to say goodbye.

The 66-year-old father and husband from Virginia died due to complications from COVID-19 on Wednesday morning in North Carolina.
While on the way home from a mission trip, Spradlin collapsed and was taken to a hospital in Concord, North Carolina. He was eventually put on a ventilator as his condition worsened.

According to reports, Spradlin, a 66-year-old Christian “musical evangelist,” fell ill while on a missionary trip to New Orleans with his wife. 

Friendly Atheist reports Spaldrin went to New Orleans to “wash it from its Sin and debauchery.”

On his Facebook page Spradlin shared a misleading meme attempting to minimize COVID-19, comparing the virus to the swine flu, and suggesting that the response to the coronavirus pandemic was media created “mass hysteria” to damage Trump.

Spradlin also shared a post from a pastor claiming that a missionary in South Africa “protected” himself from the bubonic plague with the “Spirit of God.” A quote from the post reads:

As long as I walk in the light of that law [of the Spirit of life], no germ will attach itself to me.

The stupid, it kills.
The following is a sample of the reactions to Spraldin’s death via Twitter:

Re: Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus by Bmaster(m): 3:29pm On Mar 27, 2020
embarassedRip to dead.
this corona virus pandemic set.
now in Onitsha every market must be closed for 14 days starting from Monday being 30th to 13 April .

It has been announced finally
God airpus! :-XRip to dead.
this corona virus pandemic set.
now in Onitsha every market must be closed for 14 days starting from Monday being 30th to 13 April .

It has been announced finally
God airpus!

Meanwhile check my siggy and you too can win #10000
Re: Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus by Pruwa: 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2020
this is so sad
May the holy spirit comfort his family
Re: Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus by Sheunma: 4:47pm On Mar 27, 2020
Pruwa:
this is so sad
May the holy spirit comfort his family
May holy Sango/ amadiaha comfort his family.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus by Izigha(m): 4:54pm On Mar 27, 2020
Was he a fake pastor?
Re: Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus by Buliwyf: 5:24pm On Mar 27, 2020
Lol. All these science deniers. Science seem to always work better than their religion.
Re: Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 27, 2020
Izigha:
Was he a fake pastor?
No he's not! He's only acting on faith! But he died! It's well with his soul.
I was telling someone today if you like claim and confess everything you want to, but for us to survive this pandemic we only need the mercies of God. All these things have been foretold before now, the end of this age is closing in on us! Let's brace up and embrace God! No more time o.
Re: Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus by Buliwyf: 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2020
Tosinex:
I was telling someone today if you like claim and confess everything you want to, but for us to survive this pandemic we only need the mercies of God. All these things have been foretold before now, the end of this age is closing in on us! Let's brace up and embrace God! No more time o.

End of which age? The age of the last of the avian dinosaurs? Or the age of mammals? lol

The world didn't end in past plagues. It didn't end in 2 world wars. It didn't end even in the middle of the threat of nuclear annihilation in the cold war. It is definitely not ending now. Since you guys have decided your religion is useless and powerless, just watch as scientists find a cure or vaccine or a better way to manage the virus.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus by TheSourcerer: 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2020
IamMichael:
Religious Ignorance Kills: Landon Spradlin, a Virginia pastor who claimed the “mass hysteria” around the coronavirus pandemic was part of a media plot against Trump, has died from the virus.
 Landon Spradlin’s family never got to say goodbye.

The 66-year-old father and husband from Virginia died due to complications from COVID-19 on Wednesday morning in North Carolina.
While on the way home from a mission trip, Spradlin collapsed and was taken to a hospital in Concord, North Carolina. He was eventually put on a ventilator as his condition worsened.

According to reports, Spradlin, a 66-year-old Christian “musical evangelist,” fell ill while on a missionary trip to New Orleans with his wife. 

Friendly Atheist reports Spaldrin went to New Orleans to “wash it from its Sin and debauchery.”

On his Facebook page Spradlin shared a misleading meme attempting to minimize COVID-19, comparing the virus to the swine flu, and suggesting that the response to the coronavirus pandemic was media created “mass hysteria” to damage Trump.

Spradlin also shared a post from a pastor claiming that a missionary in South Africa “protected” himself from the bubonic plague with the “Spirit of God.” A quote from the post reads:

As long as I walk in the light of that law [of the Spirit of life], no germ will attach itself to me.

The stupid, it kills.
The following is a sample of the reactions to Spraldin’s death via Twitter:
hey man ! As awkward as this may sound , I'm outta data hence my inability to post , a lot to tell you but not here , hopefully this evening

And yeah ,I hope we get to shift the item we were supposed to do today , till we are more efficient and guns all fully loaded
Re: Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2020
Na wa oo! I hope he was born again! undecided
Re: Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2020
Tosinex:
What fairh? undecided
It is well with his soul? How do you know this? undecided
Re: Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What fairh? undecided
It is well with his soul? How do you know this? undecided
because I know! Simple.
Re: Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus by Kobojunkie: 2:05pm On Jul 02, 2020
Tosinex:
because I know! Simple.
How can you know when only God sees the heart of men to know such things? undecided
Re: Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:

How can you know when only God sees the heart of men to know such things? undecided
God lives in me and I live in him.
Re: Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2020
Tosinex:
God lives in me and I live in him.
So God told you that this dead man was born again? undecided
Jesus Christ said by there fruit you shall know them, and I can't say I have examined his fruits so since God didn't tell me this so i will chose to continue to hope that he was. undecided
Re: Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:

So God told you that this dead man was born again? undecided
Jesus Christ said by there fruit you shall know them, and I can't say I have examined his fruits so since God didn't tell me this so i will chose to continue to hope that he was. undecided
good for you. Keep hoping!

(1) (Reply)

Blocking Out The Sun: Real Humans Vs. Mankind / The Moment A Pastor Tried To Preach With Mr Ibu's Death But Got Blasted By Fans / Please Don't Read If Your Faith In God Almigthy (of The Bible) Is Weak:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.